(See All?) Announcements
547 Users Online
Google

New Faces... — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Smeh who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan had peeled his eyes open, and had just stretched his legs, and tried to yawn quietly. Kegan felt better now after that nice sleep to him. He was wondering why Elettra was still here, where they talking about something, Kegan had hoped It wasn't about him, he had already made plans to join some pack in the future.

<b>"Ummm... Koda, was there something I missed? Maybe a few words?"</b> He had sat down peacefully and quietly, then looking at Elettra, Kegan knew that she was not going to harm him now, if Koda trusted her. Kegan played with some grass while waiting, he was a tiny bit bored.
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
It was settled. The moment he agreed, bowing his head down towards her by his loyalty, she would smile, her attention full upon him with perked ears and a high, strong stance. The moment his eyes trail away from her and onto the younger man in the group, but still in slumber, her pale grey gaze would fallen to fall down in the same location- Kegan. He mentioned feeling a need to help the boy, despite them barely knowing one another. It was something Elettra rarely did for anyone- help without help in return and feeling obligated to those whom she had only just met. Kegan was of no alliance to her, but, as only moments ago, Koda was of allegiance and so by this, she was willing to help if she could. "A cold is a strong virus, so there is little to be done besides the rest which you mentioned. But perhaps we might find a few things to help speed up the process of healing...?"
It was obvious by her stillness now, frozen and a single ear cocking back as her eyes shifted about the lands, that she was in thought, toying with what herbs that she knew (and had found in Relic Lore as of yet) that might prove some kind of help in getting the young Kegan well. It was around this time, which Kegan woke by the stirring of Koda. Kegan lifted to a sit, toying with the grass and asking of what he had missed.
Elettra's attention on otherwise thought of what herbs might be easiest to gain in the area around the creek, settled upon the young male once more, her lips made to pull at one side in which, her eyes darted between Koda and Kegan a moment. "We were speaking of an ailment, to get you on the road to recovery faster..." Once more, do her eyes land upon Koda and it is here for the time being they settle, wondering if he might fill Kegan in on the rest of the details, now that he was just as much as a part of Elettra's pack as she.
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda smiled as Kegan asked what he had missed and then proceeded to bat at some grass almost looking like a gigantic puppy. He liked Kegan and his apparent bright outlook on life and wouldn't mind getting to know the lad better, but he had no clue as to the younger man's future plans. He looked at the seemingly bored male and said, <b>"Much has passed, my friend. Miss Elettra and I have been discussing getting you back on your feet, but the <span class='word'>omphalos</span> of our conversation was that I have decided to join her in the adventure of starting a pack of her own." </b>

He paused for a moment and let the news sink in, for all of them really. The decision was still so new, but he felt that it truly was the right one for him right now. <b>"We can start with getting you better. Miss Elettra is a healer and has been kind enough to offer to teach me a bit of her art. Then we shall see where we all go from there. Do you have another destination to head off to or do you have time to dally a bit?"</b> He had an inkling that he already knew the answer, but he felt the need to broach the topic, even if only lightly for it was Elettra's place to formerly invite or not invite the young man to join her. He was merely giving an opening for the possibility. That was the intent in any case.

Now that the question had been posed, he waited for Kegan's response. He was suddenly anxious to be off doing <i>something</i>, although he had no idea what. He supposed that now that the idea of belonging to a pack again had settled in his mind he wanted to be about his duty, whatever that may be. Then he looked to Elettra and wondered what was going through her regal mind at the moment.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan was surprised that Koda had joined Elettra pack, Kegan had some other plans, but he could stay at HeartLeaf Creek as long as he wanted. Kegan wanted to find a pack named Poison Path, though he didn't know where to start <b>"I was going to find another pack, but I can stay here as long as I want".</b> Kegan quickly sneezed quickly. He wanted so badly to come along with the two, but he already had plans and Kegan had promised himself that he would follow them

<i>' Am I going to be a test guinea pig like in a sience lab'</i>Kegan thought to himself. <b>" Ok.. I'm fine with you both healing me and all, thanks".</b> But Kegan mean't to say the complete opposite... he was going to get some potion and be turned into a guinea pig.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra was silent, listening to Koda's explanation of what had been missed and that he had an interest in learning the art of healing with with Elettra's time of teaching him, would come his loyalty to her building a pack. Despite the fact that she had been listening to Koda, all the while her attention remained upon Kegan, her mind turning over what could be done for his cold. It was a simple enough thing and although he wouldn't die, a cold was, as said before, a strong virus to master. Perhaps Koda was going to be taught of how to heal, but there would be no risks as Kegan was thinking. Though Koda knew little to nothing of healing, Elettra did and that is all that mattered so long as Elettra was here to mentor her new follower.
"I understand." She finally speaks, little, but enough in response to Kegan mentioning he had already been in search of a specific pack which he had set his mind to. Elettra felt no loss, having not been attached to him as she had otherwise been interested in Koda. After all, Elettra forming her pack was about quality not quantity and was happy with what she had thus far.
Now, concentrating, she fells to her hunches for but a moment, studying the young male before her as she speaks to Koda, beginning the first and small lesson. "Catnip can be used to relieve congestion and coughs, though unfortunately, i find it rather hard to come by." She murmurs, offering him a small fact of one plant. Whether he remembered or not would be up to him and his memory, though it would prove no use to them now without it. "Goldenseal roots is particular to colds, flus and sore throat. Though it is used to help ward off the aches from developing and so, used at the first signs of symptoms. How long have you been sick, Kegan? Also, is your throat hurting, or are you just tired and stuffy?" She questions. If he was far along in feeling this way, then perhaps that use of herbs would be far too late.
(This post was last modified: May 22, 2012, 09:29 PM by Elettra.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Koda had seen the look of doubt cross the boys face and smiled at it. He had no intention of doing anything without Elettra's specific instruction. The idea was for him to help and not to harm the young man. As Elettra spoke he did his best to file away the information that she was patiently doling out. <i>Catnip.</i> Once he knew the herb he would have to be sure to keep an eye out for it always, with it being on the scarce side. <i>Goldenseal root.</i> Good at the onset of the illness. Check. He also did his best to listen to the questions that she asked of the patient.

For now, it was simple enough. A cold and he had nothing else going on around him. He was unsure of how well the lessons would go once Elettra's pack was up and flourishing with daily tasks to be seen to. However, he found that he enjoyed listening to the herbs and what ailments that they might be used for. Strange how now at this turning point in his life, in his prime, that he should take up the study of healing. An art that was normally taught beginning at a very young age. He assumed for the shear volume of knowledge that must be absorbed. Shaking himself from his thoughts, he too waited for Kegan's response and wondered what the next question or step might be.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan sniffed heavily as he answered the dark female's question. <b>"Not long, I can't really remember. Oh, I'm somewhat tired, and certainly stuffy, Elettra."</b> He had tried to say his words kindly, but the stuffiness of his nose made him sound like a bored teenager, not willing to learn, though Kegan wasn't like that at all, he was always willing to learn anything, and he <i>tried</i> not to become anything like bored, but sometimes everyone is bored.

Kegan smiled when he knew Koda saw his expression on Kegan's face. <b>"A cold is simple, right? Everyone gets them from time to time."</b> He added after the short silence.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She listens to what little information he has to offer, and nods. "Kegan- wait here. Koda and I are going to gather some supplies. I'd like for you to take cover in the brush and gain more rest whilst were gone." She would wait a moment for the young male to find a place to settle and perhaps even 'hide' so no one took advantage of his weakened state before tossing Koda a look of 'come on'. Within seconds she was turning on her heels and off, dashing into the undergrowth and making way along the edges of the creek bed. Her nose was lifted high, working the scents of the plant-life around her, seeking out which was familiar to her and what would do them well in this situation. Hunting for herbs took much time and patience mainly when you were in quick need or something specific, so Elettra sought this as a day to try and gather the most common and easy herbs so to get back as quickly as possible.
She dashes to the side, her body slipping as she struggles a moment to catch her balance over the muddy bank and she stops suddenly, jutting her muzzle into the directions of a small brush, sprinkled with berries. "Those are juniper berries. The berries themselves can both easy the stomach and serve as a counter poison. The leaves, however, is what we will be using: they will ease a cough and other respiratory problems. Perhaps it will do well to clear up his congestion..." She muses as she waits for Koda to gather what he could of the plant which she was pointing to. Though sometimes the effects of plants might not work, if the virus is too strong or the supply to little, but it was always worth the try if you knew what you were doing.
Whilst she had the chance when Koda was gathering, Elettra took the opportunity to seek out a specific tree in which, she began stripping at the bark, gnawing at the side of it with teeth and claw alike until able to obtain the bark from under its outer, dry shell. To the best of her abilities, she stripped off this bark and, now, with a mouth full of it, began making way back with a toss of her crown for Koda to follow.
Returning, her throat would clear, a paw lifting out to nudge at Kegan to announce her arrival before settling down the bark within her jaws. "Chew on this." It was a simple demand and a demand which she was used to tossing when mending others. She offered little time for hesitation and questioning with her patience. If they wanted her help, they would get it, without the needs to question her abilities. "It is slippery elm. chew as much as you can, but only to suck up the liquid within. Don't swallow. The water inside the bark has been known to treat colds, flus, and sore throats." Specifically what he had.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Although a cold was a somewhat simple illness, he still would never want it to <span class='word'>betide</span> one that he had befriended as it had young Kegan. The onset seemed to have been rather quick, so hopefully they had caught it early and whatever remedies that Elettra had in mind would do the trick. As Kegan answered his voice sounded even more odd and stuffy. She instructed the younger male to hide himself and get more rest while they went to find herbs.

When she hurried off, he took her cue and followed close in her wake. He could see that she was smelling for particular plants, but he couldn't help, not having the slightest clue what she sought. So he watched and waited. Suddenly she darted to the side and nearly went over the embankment, causing him to tense, but she recovered quickly. Then she indicated some juniper berry bushes, telling him of their properties. <i>Berries aid stomach ailments and help with poison. Leaves are good for respiratory ailments. Check!</i> He recited this several times in his head as he gathered the plants as directed. While he harvested the herbs, Elettra was hard at work stripping bark for some other ailment. When they arrived back at the patient's side he discovered what for. <i>Good for cold symptoms. Just swallow the liquid from chewing. Check.</i> Koda's list was getting longer. He would have to review everything in his head later. Right now, he was anxious to see how Kegan reacted to the treatment. Koda suddenly remembered his mouthful of Juniper and laid them at Elettra's feet, licking his lips free of the unfamiliar flavor of plant.

Inactive No Rank
Kegan Richie
Kegan silently walked towards what seemed to be a large rock of some sort. he took a short nap and had awoken just before the pair had returned, Elettra had dropped some sort of bark named slippery elm. Before the boy had chewed on the bark, he quietly, and anxiously asked the female a question. <b>"What happens if you do eat it."</b> the boy remembered that he had a bad habit of eating things he wasn't mean't to.

The boy then sucked the bark, what a strange taste it had. It was so unfamiliar. Kegan wasn't too fond of eating the bark, though as he did, the boy felt a lot less ache and tired than he did, and his stuffy nose was also clearing. it was the water inside the bark that had helped him. Kegan the spat the slippery elm out, trying to make it not near his new friends. Kegan could tell that Koda was anxious, this mean't he cared for Kegan in a friendly-like way.