(See All?) Announcements
627 Users Online
Bing

back against the wall — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Ruiko watched with a heavy heart – immobilized by the grief that crossed his younger brother’s features. Only when the ebony male sought the presence of the unknown wolf did Ruiko feel his presence acceptable – no that it mattered, he had no say to how the Swift River wolves were run now, and Indru and Corinna had accepted his presence.

Triell’s sobs were not for the world to hear, though the tawny male suspected the pain that bid behind the hidden eyes of his brother’s features. Indru’s promise, one that was meant as good natured and from the protective heart that did not differ much from his own, seemed almost an empty promise. Not because Indru would fail to deliver from these words, but because Ruiko’s own search had drawn up nothing yet – as it stood now, it truly seemed Kinis had been taken from them, and they would not even have a body to grieve over. Still – Ruiko was not too proud to turn the aide away, especially when it came to Kinis.

Corinna was a solid rock for the two brothers now, and as she offered her shoulder, the large male leaned forward to brush his muzzle to the soft hairs of her nape and back. His muzzle rested by Indru’s, and in silence he allowed the grief to sweep through the gathered wolves, disgusted with himself for allowing such a monstrosity to happen. To not be able to stop it. Inhaling sharply, the Creek Leader settled his muzzle next to his brother’s across his sister’s back, and allowed his eyes to cling shut and block the world for now.
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
eep no idea it was my turn :X

If I go crazy then will you still call me superman?

Indru's words were something to be expected. They greatly spoke of the leadership he'd always held in both pack and family. How he would not be powerless in this tragedy, trying to give back hope to the hopeless. How could Triell believe them? They were not empty nor worthless words. The problem was they did little to bring comfort. If Ruiko was this broken Triell saw no hope. Surely Rue's pack had searched for him, he couldn't imagine how long, and far Ruiko had looked himself. A shudder of his grief rattled his bones. He refused to fight it; he no longer wanted to be strong. He tucked himself closer, hiding his eyes from the world, sealed tight in blackness. The soft tips of his ear would flutter to the hushed syllable of comfort. He was most grateful for the strong, and sturdy frame of Ice. Without it who knows had far he would have fallen. He probably would have ran...fast and far in a desperate search of his own.

He hardly moves, at times his breath seems faint. The sadness was anything but dull. It was burning inside every fragment within, his heart throbbing with each ache. It was just another blow to Triell, another reason to put any happy thoughts to dust. He had no idea how long he stood as a numb dummy. He was aware of faint thoughts, but not the passing of time. Could they really find Kinis? Who had taken him? Why? Where else was there to look for his brother? A heavy breath, he sniffed slightly, holding back the sorrow from pooling any further from it's gates. Something had to be done.

The warmth of Ice, and the hotness of his own breath pulled him to his senses.He willed his eyes to open, and faced the picture of his broken family. This wasn't fair. A shaking step, he sidesteps from Ice, but keeps his shoulder and side in contact. He wasn't sure how steady he was. He had to know. "What do we do now? Where do we look?"

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Oh man, I'm so sorry I suck. ): I had no idea it was my turn for some reason and then my finals hit.. and yeah. I'm sorry. D:

Turning his head Indru nipped gently at his littermate's muzzle, his tongue lashing gently against it's side as he tried (somewhat hopelessly) to reassure him. Yet, he knew nothing would, nor for himself nor for Triell until Kinis was back, alive and hopefully unharmed. As he pulled away from Cori the River leader brushed softly against his shoulder with her own, her warmth against his a comfort as he turned to survey the broken and distraught party of wolves.

Triell's words caught his attention and Indru turned to watch him, unable to help worrying at how his missing littermate would affect him, especially with Borlla still gone for many months. Everywhere, he answered quickly and confidently, turning to glance at Ruiko again as he clarified, we'll look everywhere. We'll find him one way or another. Perhaps it was a promise that Indru wouldn't be able to guarantee, but he was determined to try for Kinis was worth the effort and so was his quickly depleting family.

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata
OOC: I think we can wrap this up soon?

Gone Tomorrow

All she could do now was be a shoulder for her family to lean on, a rock that would stay strong and immovable for as long as they needed her to. They certainly wouldn't take this laying down, and that sentiment was confirmed by Indru's words as he pulled away from her. Triell had asked where and when, and Indru was quick to make his answer all encompassing. While Corinna had asked her mate to stay home, after hearing this news, she knew that he would no longer be able to honor that request. His drive to reunite his family was far too strong for that. And seeing Triell and Ruiko like this, she could hardly blame him. Pregnant, she could hardly go with them, but they would have her blessing, to look as far as they needed and for as long as they needed. "It will work out, I'm sure," it was a quiet statement, the best she could offer under the circumstances. Twisting her head, she nudged Ruiko's shoulder. They were a tough lot, the Tainns, and they would prevail through this together, no matter how difficult it was.

Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Last post for me. Thanks for the thread, guys. <3 Left it open in case anyone else wanted to put an ending post.

Triell was devastated – understandably so. The two boys had been extremely close.. almost as close as Ruiko and Indru had been in their younger years. He made no answer – Indru took the responsibility to do that. Corinna, with her endless hope and gentle thoughts, offered encouragement, though it did not quite meet his heart. The world felt bleak without Kinis, and until he was found, Ruiko Tainn would not rest.

He pulled away from the embraces now, offering a nod to his littermate in a silent signal they should start this search now. With a farewell nudge to the soft cheek of his sister-in-law, Ruiko allowed a quick look to fall upon Triell, inviting him to join them if he wished. Ignoring the other wolf he regarded a stranger – the Tainn never had been very welcoming to those outside his pack or his family – Ruiko began to sweep away, his paws leading him back in the direction he had come, knowing he would veer off the path toward the Creek. Knowing Indru and Triell were likely right behind him, hopeful in their search, in the end they would find nothing, and Ruiko would return back to Aeylen in the dead of night, completely defeated by the world and its cruelty.
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the   ICE breaks.
He could do nothing but comfort in silence, his heart heavy with sorrow for the gathered members of his family - even for the one who regarded him with little but suspicion. He was, after all, extended family, after a fashion. Closing his eyes to hide the pain and confusion, Ice draped his head across Triell's neck, holding him close, close, as if trying to hide him from the world in the swirls of pale fur. But how could he? He could hardly hide the black wolf from the monsters lurking in the shadowed corners of his own heart and mind. Cautiously he ground his teeth together, jaw muscles tensing under the thin skin. He was powerless, and it hurt to admit. There was absolutely nothing he could do to fix this problem. Nothing. Behind his eyelids, Ice's gaze hardened from gentle silver to fragile, brittle iron. The very concept of powerlessness resonated sourly with him, and as Triell stepped away it took what little comfort he could offer away. Truly useless he stood silent, wishing that it was his own voice that would speak up and offer words of reassurance, but there was nothing he could offer. No, it was Indru who spoke, of searching everywhere. Slowly, Ice's eyes opened and drifted onto him. He was a bit of a fantast, but he meant well - Ice just didn't know if he could truly bring the things he promised about. But doubt solves few problems, and sitting on your ass in the Grove solves fewer. That much, at least, was true.

And if no one tried... They'd live with the regret forever. Ice smothered a sigh and gave Triell an encouraging nudge. Ruiko was ready to leave, inviting the two Tainns, but Ice didn't bother enough to feel slighted anymore. He'd be virtually useless in a search party for Kinis anyway - he didn't know the male by scent, and would contribute nothing. "Good luck," he whispered in that black ear, slowly backpedaling until he had freed himself from Triell's side - slowly, ever so slowly, as to not seem hasty to abandon him or upset his balance. The last thing Ice honestly wanted to do was to back away from his position of support, but it had to be done. He swallowed it, drifted quietly across the space between him and Corinna, his low head hanging beside hers as he watched the Tainn procession fade away into the forest. Once they were out of sight, he let out the sigh that had been building up inside of him the entire time. Quietly he spoke. "I don't think they'll find him - but searching is the only thing they can do, isn't it?" His head tilted slightly, and then he gave it a shake. Ice spun to face the direction of Swift River, and glanced at Corinna from the corner of his eye, as if to say, coming?
.ice aesir

( Sorry if you didn't want me assuming everyone went with Ruiko. I can change if you want me to. ^^ )
let the stars above shine in your soul