(See All?) Announcements
606 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

Willow Ridge Pack Thread — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan felt tense as @Ravenna spun around to acknowledge him and his brows furrowed awkwardly as he noticed her pleasant smile. It would be obvious to her now that he had not sought her out for a casual chat. What he wished to discuss with her was serious.

His ears pushed back against his head nervously as he moved to stand directly before her, close enough so that they could talk more privately without having to raise their voices. “I was speaking with Leotie the other day and became concerned…” He began, golden eyes blinking up to hold her gaze for just a second. “I don’t know how much you know already but…I’m worried that her and Sven might be more than just friends.” He hoped Ravenna would catch his drift.

“I know it’s not really any of my business what they get up to but I feel it was something that you should be aware of. With Sven stepping up as leader, I’m worried that Leotie may eventually wish to challenge you or that the two of them may breed behind your back…” Lorcan kept his gaze averted from the silver woman, not daring to hold direct eye contact in case he had angered her. “I owe you a lot, and I'd hate for you or this pack to suffer as a result of something which could be prevented.”
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 06:51 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
She watched him with curious regard, his submissive display out of respect for her leadership, but as well his ears fell against his skull and he shyly moved forward to meet her. She settled down then into a sit along the back of the pack den, ready to take the news in from her subordinate. She could only hope that the information was not to dire, granted over the past few months they had been doing good at trying to get the pack back together again.

The information began with Leotie, which caught Ravenna by surprise. @Leotie was Ravenna's second in command and from the moment she had joined the ranks, had pledged to repay them for all the kindness they had bestowed upon her, much as Lorcan now had. He spoke then on, concerned that Leotie and Sven were more then just friends. Ah, now she knew where this was going and although Ravenna already had already figured this out a time ago, was happy that Lorcan's loyalty was to his leader and in this, proved he was looking out for the well being of the pack.

"Lorcan..." She began, speaking his name directly to capture his attention further. "I appreciate this very much. It is only the leading pairs rights to breed and this rule has been broken before, resulting in the death of one of the leader's pups. However, Sven and I cannot obviously be a breeding pair." Since, well, she was Sven's aunt and all. "I am aware that Leotie and Sven are very... close. I have no objection to anyone taking a mate. But it is breeding which is against the law. This matter is something that Sven and I still need to discuss and I appreciate you coming forward." Ravenna would have been a fool to not have the thought of @Sven and Leotie not cross her mind when it came to having pups this year. She was not sure how it would work out, given the circumstances... But Ravenna trusted Leotie and did not think her or her nephew would do anything "behind her back" but would be wise enough to talk it through with her.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
When @Ravenna spoke his name, Lorcan lifted his head and finally let his golden gaze meet hers. His body tingled in anticipation, nervous for the leader’s opinion on the matter and on his own outcome for telling her about it. He knew it was wrong to pry, to stick his nose in where it wasn’t welcome, but in this instance he felt that it was worth risking any negative backlash.

Much to Lorcan’s relief Ravenna did not seem angry with him. His ears began to rise up more confidently and his posture became less tense as he listened to the silver female explain how her and Sven could not breed. “I understand..” Lorcan said quietly, unsure of where their conversation was going. It seemed a strange situation to the male, to have two relatives leading together. It was bound to make breeding time in spring all the more complicated.

The agouti male swallowed as Ravenna told him that she had no objection to Sven eventually taking Leotie as his mate, but that breeding out of rank was still strictly forbidden. He nodded to convey that he understood and to also acknowledge her plan to discuss things with Sven later on, though it still bothered him. “I just think you should be vigilant come spring. I know from experience how easy it is to get caught up in it all..” He admitted with a sigh and nervous flick of his tail. “I've got a daughter myself, about Adeltra's age.” He confessed. Better Ravenna find out now, he thought, than when either Inna or @Oksana turn up seeking him at their borders.

(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 07:30 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
She listened as Lorcan continued on, becoming less tense now that he knew the outcome of what he had told her. She remained seated, taking Lorcan's suggestion in stride. She did not mind the man's advice, did not mind the advice from any of her pack mates as long as it was private like this which was far different then one questioning her actions among the whole of the pack. Ravenna knew how her brother, Skoll, had been known to do such things before Angier and Elettra. Elettra had loved all her children very much and Ravenna could only hope that she would not end up raising a child to become some arrogant and smug. She wanted pups like @Romanov and @Adeltra, already having grown up so much - loyal to their pack, strong minded, willing to learn and work. Enoki had birthed two wonderful children.

When Lorcan admitted he had a daughter himself, having bred out of turn in the last pack he was in, Ravenna's ears turned back against her skull, regarding her pack mate with a stern look. @Sven, as lead male, choosing a woman to breed with is one matter, but two subordinates is another..." She spoke to Lorcan, an obvious suggestion that should he do such a thing here, it would not be tolerated. "Where is your daughter now?" She wondered and, more importantly, why was he not with her?

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan had known it would always be a difficult subject to talk about. Openly admitting to your new leader that you had broken pack law once before was terrifying and Lorcan couldn’t help but crouch down lower, his ear moving to press back against his head like they had when he had first approached her to talk.

“I-I know. It was wrong of me.” He stuttered, his fear of swiftly being chased out the pack suddenly coming to the forefront of his mind. “I will not breed out of turn again.” He promised her sheepishly. Lorcan had learnt his less the first time.

At her question the agouti male diverted his gaze, feeling ashamed. “Oksana...she’s with her mother, Inna, at Hearthwood River.” He paused and curled his tail submissively between his hind legs. “Me and @Inna didn’t get on so well towards the end…It was better for everyone that I left.” That was certainly an understatement and one which Lorcan hoped @Ravenna did not wish to hear explained in more detail.
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
He insured her that it had been wrong of him to break pack law the first time, saying that he would not do it again. Perhaps after last spring, he had learned his lesson with the pack he had been in before. Ravenna was glad it had not happened within her ranks and that whatever pack he had come from, had been the one to deal with the situation. Either way, Ravenna would make sure to keep an eye out for Lorcan should he do so again. It would be a shame for him to be ousted from the pack after the members had done so much for him. Maybe that, in the long run, would be a reason for him to stay in line.

He turned his head then, not only feeling nervous in the situation but ashamed. Good. He should come forward with these emotions and although Ravenna's gaze was hard on him, she still was happy that he had come forward to her, offering all this information instead of hiding it from her. The information made him vulnerable to question of intention but that also meant he was being open with his new leader and honest to her. Too many times Ravenna had dealt with wolves that hid things or left the pack without reason or a need to have a simple conversation. She was happy things seemed different now.

Ravenna had never heard of Hearthwood River though was content enough knowing that the pup was still with her mother. Obviously, things did not work out between Lorcan and the woman. Thism, he confirmed, as he continued. His tail folded from under him, awaiting further judgement, it seemed. "I see..." She said only at first. What happened in the other pack between him and his former fling was none of her business, as long as it did not come down here to haunt the Ridge wolves. "So long as no ill blood with this pack comes this way, then I don't see any problems..."
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2018, 08:18 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan could tell from Ravenna’s hard stare that she was serious. No doubt that if Inna had been a member of Willow Ridge at the time instead, both she, he and Oksana would have found themselves as loners at some point during their relationship.

Keeping his tail low and his eyes even lower, the male waited to see if any form of punishment would be handed out. Not that it was really Ravenna’s problem. It just didn’t look good on him at all and Lorcan was concerned that his past could cause the leader to view him in a more negative light. Still, it had happened and Lorcan was prepared to deal with whatever consequences came his way.

Fortunately for him, @Ravenna did not feel the need to make an example of him.

“I can assure you that me and the leaders parted on good terms. I don't expect that there will be any trouble.” He said quietly, lifting his golden gaze up from the floor to meet her sharp silver eyes with confidence.

Feeling that he had said all that he needed to say, Lorca rose up somewhat shakily from his submissive crouch and took a few steps backwards. “I’ll leave you to get on with your work now…t-thank you for taking the time to talk to me, Ravenna.” He said quietly, before slipping back out into the territory to continue filling the caches like nothing had happened.

- Lorcan exits -
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
When he spoke again, it was to insure her that he and the pack's leaders parted on good terms, even if he and his old girlfriend did not get along well with one another any longer. Lorcan's love life, especially his former love life, was of none of Ravenna's concern, business, nor something she particularly cared about. So as long as he was good to her and this pack now, as a member here, is what mattered to her. After all, Ravenna knew nothing of the pack which he had spoken of. They were not allies and obviously no where near close enough to the Drooping Willows for it to matter. As Lorcan spoke again, dismissing himself, Ravenna dipped her head to him in acknowledgement and farewell before turning and going about what she had been doing before his arrival.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
20 January 2018. Set immediately after this thread. Lorcan is challenging Nicolo for his rank.
As he watched Odin walk away, Lorcan felt his stomach sink even further. Four days. He only had four days to come through with his promise and do what needed to be done. It wasn’t like the male to challenge for a higher rank. He had only ever challenged once before in his life and that had been through desperation and a lack of food. Greer had backed down without much fuss and soon after, he now realised, had left to start his own pack.

As he began to walk his way back towards the main den, his thought flashed back to Mittani, remembering how violent his challenge on him had been. Russet ears pressed back anxiously as Lorcan wondered how much of a fight @Nicolò would put up when he came challenged him. The agouti male couldn’t afford a serious injury, not if he planned to later take on Sven.

As his pale paws left the freezing snow and stepped up onto the smooth stone of the cave, his bright golden eyes scanned the darkness for the old male. Lorcan couldn’t be sure that he would be there, for he had seemed quiet and distant lately. The pair of them had hardly spoken since his arrival in the pack, which only made the idea of approaching him even more awkward when he eventually spied him.

Inhaling sharply, Lorcan took a deep breath before he proceeded forwards. "Nicolò." He called out stoically, ears pushed forwards and tail rising to curl noticeably over his back. The intentions for their interaction was obvious.
# P O R C A N
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
Sven had been headed back to the den when he heard Lorcan's voice beckoning his uncle. The tone was odd for what he knew of the wolf, and as he came into view the questions only multiplied within his head. Lorcan's intent was clear, but why? It was sudden, uncalled for. Nicolo was ill, had done nothing to call anyone's ire. Perhaps that was why? Was instinct driving the newly healed male, or was there something more?

Sven did not hide his presence. He approached the duo, and reclined at the sideline, waiting for what would unfold. As much as he wanted to protect his uncle, it was not his place to interfere in the shifting of ranks. This would, however, certainly illicit a conversation between himself and Lorcan. Once before he'd had doubts about the man's loyalty, and now those feelings were resurfacing. His silver gaze jumped to Nicolo alone for a moment, passing silent reassurance. This likely wouldn't go far, but in case Lorcan proved to be too heavy handed, Sven would protect his family.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »