(See All?) Announcements
501 Users Online
Bing, Nia, Khalon

Happy Second Birthday!!!
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Happy 2nd Birthday, RoW!

And what a year it has been! RoW has been through a lot since July 29th, 2011, and none of it would have been possible without the love and support of our member base. This birthday is in celebration of you, your characters, and your incredible ability to bring this fictional world to life and make it your creation. To help celebrate this historic occasion, Kydnt was kind enough to provide a birthday skin. She did a marvelous job and everybody should shower her with gratitude and kittens! Now hold on to your hats, we've got a lot to announce in celebration!

First off, you can check out the results of the Yearbook Voting. This includes a yearly summary for both OOC and IC. However, a lot more events and development happened than what is listed there, so if you've got something you would like to add to the yearly summary, please just let us know! To highlight, in this last year, RoW has written 9483 posts in 753topics, had 238 accounts created, and claimed 82,186 Life Points. This past year our top posters were, Switch with 740 posts, becuffin with 675 posts, and Lightning with 509 posts. To say we had a successful year is an absolute understatement!

This year, three new packs were created, fueled by the influx in Relic Lore's population. There was the threat of war to contend with this spring, but the wolves of Relic Lore weathered the storm and have used the summer to flourish within their packs. But all of that is about to change...

The staff would like to announce our next official board wide plot: Where the Wild Things Are. This board wide plot will be gradually revealed over the next few weeks, but keep an eye out! So far, Serpent's Pass has served as a formidable barrier between Relic Lore and what lays beyond. But this summer, it seems that barrier is going to be broken. So what does this mean for you and your characters? It means that there will be new lands to explore, and with new lands, come new challenges. More information will be coming shortly, but don't be surprised if things start to get a bit wild around here.

Finally, the biggest announcement for our members and one that we hopefully will be received with great relief. For the past two months, the staff has been working hard at transferring RoW to new board software (myBB). This will help solve the loading and downtime issues that we've been having and will allow us to use newly created modifications and plugins. So if you've noticed a lack of updates to this board recently, this is why! We've worked it so that the move should be hassle free - no accounts will need to be created, posts moved, etc. All of that will be moving with us. However, to help us prepare, please make personal backups of your private messages, profiles, and any posts you really like. While we're positive the move will go smoothly, we don't want to take any chances with your hard work. We will announce when we're planning to do the move, as it will require an hour or two of downtime to make sure all data is backed up and up-to-date on the new board, but we wanted to let you guys know where your staff's energy and focus has been lately!

As a community, we have been through an enormous amount this past year. Many of you were not here last summer and have joined as some point between then and now, but that hardly matters. Every player here is a valued part of our community. Every character has an impact, and every development makes the story of Relic Lore even richer and complex, and we absolutely love it. The staff could not have asked for a better member base, and we can't wait to see what you guys are able to achieve in the upcoming year.

Happy 2nd Birthday, RoW!!!

- RoW Administration
seems we are missing 'the Goofy' in the pack leader titles.
<b>edit</b> i know, im anal, but i wanted to give the heads up! the king & queen of the year was not listed there ether. just wanted to make you all aware encase it was overlooked. :3
It doesn't list Kegan, of Poison Path. Aand it says bi-monthly Random Events, but I think they're bi-weekly? :3
Otherwise it's really pretty to look at. ^-^

Buuuut
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROW :D
let the stars above shine in your soul
All of those were left off intentionally, but I'm happy to explain why. Kegan technically won the Goofy leader, but Kegan is not the leader of Poison Path, Tlarx is. So unless their was a rank challenge and nobody updated the PP ranks, then what is listed is correct. I didn't feel comfortable putting Tlarx up there as goofy not knowing the character. As for prom king and queen, we were going to do it based off of how many times a character was selected member of the month for this year. But nobody won it twice, oddly enough. So I just opted to leave it off. If anybody has a suggestion on how to otherwise select a prom king/queen, I'll be happy to add it back. :)
Ice won it twice actually - April and May, but April has been left out entirely from the record for some reason... I was Member of the month for April too, but I can't recall the top posters. Gah. :P But it'd be kinda weird to just put up a King and no Queen. :/

And I understand about Tlarx. :]
let the stars above shine in your soul
I see. Idk, not really a suggestion from me, other then let the site decide as a whole?
However, they voted for everything else, and having the King and Queen it different, i think.
But thats just me. XD So It's whatever! lol