(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Google

It's always something — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Evelynne who has 132 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux
<i>"It's been five years since I lost him."</i> Cessair's face fell at this; if it took her that long to find Rowan, well, that would be a long time! She could only hope that if she was ever to see her brother again, she wouldn't have to wait <i>that</i> long. Still, it must be very exciting for Shadowstorm to finally meet up with her brother again. The reunion would certainly be spectacular! For a moment, Cessair lost herself in a daydream. She could see herself emerging from a bush and looking out into a shaft of light, with her brother sitting expectantly in the middle and surrounded by a seraphic halo of light. Running forward, she would tackle him in joy and he would bite her ear in a playful greeting, and all would be right with the world again...

It was hard focusing on conversation with Shadowstorm when Cessair's mind was now preoccupied with thoughts of her brother. At least now she didn't get flashbacks every time a memory popped into her head. Unable to think of anything to say, the little wolf turned around and picked cherry off a low branch, then turned back as she ate it. If Cessair was in Shadowstorm's position right now, she wouldn't want any delay in going to see her long-lost brother. Maybe the blue-eyed lady felt the same way. <b>"I suppose you want to go see your brother, huh? How'd you lose him in the first place, if you don't mind my asking?"</b> It was never Cessair's intention to be rude, but she was a curious girl, and the prospect of an interesting story was always exciting. She even managed to push Rowan out of her thoughts to give Shadowtorm her full attention, no matter what she had to say.
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
<i>"I suppose you want to go see your brother, huh? How'd you lose him in the first place, if you don't mind my asking?"</i> She said. It reminded her of the history. <b>"I don't mind, I only tell friends this story, it's more horrifing then my experiances here in the Lore so far."</b>

<b>"My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my friend. I was born to adestinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know, I thought my brother Shade was in dead. But truth is he joined a pack called Willow Ridge. Odd, after all these years, he went against my father's teachings. By the end of our lessons. He was set on the goal of never being in a pack ever. But it seems like he left the crazy beliefs behind when he went away from the scene of our life"</b>
(This post was last modified: Aug 20, 2012, 05:20 PM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux
Cessair was somewhat surprised, but very pleased that Shadowstorm admitted her into her confidence. From henceforth, the black wolf would be in officially positioned in Cessair's mind as "friend," with any offense from the past stricken from her records. While the little wolf was intent upon the story that followed, she made note in her mind that while Shadowstorm preluded her story by mentioning that it was "horrifying," Cessair doubted it could be worse than her own past. Nonetheless, she stood listening with sincere interest, ready and eager to learn more about her new friend.

A chilly, stiffening breeze blew between the two wolves, setting off an almost echoing chorus of bird calls. It carried with it the scent of cherries, and, just faintly, blackberries from a field to the north. A week or two ago, Cessair had raided a blackberry bush in this field with Ice after emerging from the Ghastly woods. That eerie forest was where she and Shadowstorm had first met, on not quite so good terms as now. Leaves above settled down again, and the air once again grew hollow, silent. Cessair was aware of none of this; she was listening to a tale of anguish such as her young mind could not have anticipated.

When Shadowstorm's long account was complete, Cessair sat for an eternity of seconds without uttering a word, just trying to settle her mind. It was beyond her to imagine being abused by her own family members. The worst she knew was her father leaving before she was born, but that wasn't directly abuse. An unsettling parallel could be drawn between Cessair's own history, and Shadowstorm's -- both involved losing family members to a rogue wolf attack. Maybe Shadowstorm's brother realized that there was danger of becoming uncaring of other's lives if he remained a loner, and thus chose to revoke the values that were literally beat into him. At this thought, Cessair suddenly realized this herself. Becoming merciless was not something the innocent girl could imagine for herself. Maybe this was how the phantom-wolf she used to see planned to kill her.

But thankfully, those apparitions seemed to be gone now. For that, she was very glad. Now, she realized, she would have to say something to her friend. After all, the blue-eyed lady had practically just related her entire life story to her, so she ought to say something in response to avoid being rude. Words were not quick in gracing Cessair's astounded mind, though, so she ended up stammering dumbly for a moment. <b>"I...I-wow. I'm sorry... I really -- never thought... it could be so -- terrible..."</b> Pausing, Cessair took a deep breath and tried again. <b>"And I thought I had a rough start... But I'm very glad to hear that you've finally found your brother, and that he seems to have become a more wise wolf now."</b>
Played by Namara who has 148 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shadowstorm Slayer
<i>"I...I-wow. I'm sorry... I really -- never thought... it could be so -- terrible..." Pausing, Cessair took a deep breath and tried again. "And I thought I had a rough start... But I'm very glad to hear that you've finally found your brother, and that he seems to have become a more wise wolf now." </i> Shadowstorm gave a slight nod, <b>"Yes, it is I am afraid, tragic, but everyone must live on. It's not as bad anymore, Nina gave me some herbs to calm what was left of the nightmares, they will not go away forever though."</b> She said with a sigh. She knew it was time to go.

<b>"I'm afraid I must leave you Cessair, I have to make my trip quick."</b> She said, the memories haunting of what she had just said. <i>"My tale isn't heroic, or nice as your history I'm sure. But I'll tell you anyways since you're my friend. I was born to adestinct pair of Lone Wolves that to be honest. Hated other wolves. My brother Shade and I started training to survive in a place far from Relic Lore called Death Pine Forest. The first lesson my father taught us, even though I now, after seeing the strength of packs, was Packs are weak, bottomfeeding losers that couldn't take care of themselves, so they hung together and shared food. He specifically told us never to join a pack, or we would taint our blood line. MY brother tried to object as he was the more reasonable one, my father beat him. I tried to get him to stop, he beat me. My father was a cruel, mean steel wall. Whenever I did something wrong, he beat me as a punishment. My mother eventually stepped in, conquering her fear of my father. She was too beaten. It got worse. During my final 'test' , a hunting assignment before I was to go off an live my life. My mother and fahter were attacked by a group of two or three lone wolves. Out of fright, I ran for his life. I thought all my family to be dead. My grandparents gone. My father was an only child, same as my mum as far as I know, I thought my brother Shade was in dead. But truth is he joined a pack called Willow Ridge. Odd, after all these years, he went against my father's teachings. By the end of our lessons. He was set on the goal of never being in a pack ever. But it seems like he left the crazy beliefs behind when he went away from the scene of our life" </i> What a tragic memory. How could she be such a fool? Shadowstorm said her last goodbyes and padded away.
*SHADOWSTORM EXIT*
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2012, 09:42 PM by Shadowstorm.)
~ραяαησια ιѕ α tнєσяу, ι'м ησt ραяαησι∂, ι'м ιηѕαηє~

user posted image

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Cessair Lux
It had been refreshing to meet up with a friend again. Cessair gave a final goodbye as the black form melted into the bushes, then sat down to think. She wished Shadowstorm a happy meeting with her brother. Hopefully she would soon have a similar experience, although Cessair was still aware of the possibility that her own lost brother had been long since dead. Maybe Shadowstorm would join a pack like her brother did, now that she's found him again. It would be good for her -- for any wolf, really, since it was so hard to scratch out a living on one's own.

Recalling the proceedings of her talk with Ice after the two of them had left Ghastly Woods, Cessair found herself again at the crossroads of decision that she had been dodging. It was quite certain in the girl's mind now that she would soon be joining a pack, but she wanted to make sure she joined the right one. Ice's pack had rivers and streams to offer, something that both worried and fascinated her. Then again, if she returned to Nina's pack, maybe she could learn more about herbs from the healer. She was very interested in the practice of healing, and perhaps it would dampen her fear of fighting to know how to heal the injuries it causes. Maybe there was a completely different pack she hasn't seen yet that she would like yet better. Cessair shook her head slowly, thoughtfully, trying to whisk each snippet of information into its proper filing cabinet to be dealt with later.

Traveling more could solve her indecision -- hopefully. It would be a great help if she could meet up with a wolf who has a greater knowledge of this land and its residing packs. This wolf would probably be, or have been, an avid explorer. Cessair hoped that she would run into this wolf soon, so she could get on with her decision and get settled in somewhere. For now, she had to figure out where she would search next. On a whim, she decided west and set off at a steady trot. Her sudden motion startled a nearby crow, and its raspy warning caws echoed back into the cherry forest before fading in the distance.