(See All?) Announcements
407 Users Online
Bing, Google

MyBB Survey, Staff, Leaders
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
I'll be honest, I can't believe I've been here for almost two years and it's been an honor and such a great experience to see it grow and evolve so much! RoW is also my second home and I can't wait for the next wave of changes and what else is in store. <3

Questions!
What is your favorite feature on RoW? Why?
My most favorite feature has to be the highly-customizable (but still uniform) profile pages. It's easy to find attributes you're looking for.

What is your least favorite feature? Why?
:s The Life Points pop-up page. Don't get me wrong, I really LOVE the concept of Life Points and what changes it has put into place with its incorporation in the site. Kinda wish there was an easy/easier way to compare Life Points with another wolf? (Heh... My gaming background with stats primarily comes from World of Warcraft and I do like to see how my characters stack up against others.) I'd probably be the only one to make use of that feature but... I think it's great to think out 'oh, my character's stamina isn't that great, so... when they're off on an adventure, my character might have to ask the other character if they can rest a while.'

What do you think of the layout of the forum?
I like it. I love it. :D Took me a week or so to adjust to the site's unique layout but after that... psshh I could go anywhere and remember pretty much how I got there.

If you could change anything about the layout, what would you change?
At one point or another, I find myself scrolling down a bit to check the interface for the pack stats (which clickthrough to the pack pages) and it won't be there. Think it's mainly just me looking for it when I reply to a topic though since it's there in the IC forums and threads. Also, I think it would be rather convenient if there was a little box we could check that allows the player to mention on the character's profile if their character has died (or maybe if they're just wanting to drop them for now, allow them to put down the character has gone missing)? Maybe just a little bit of bold text or a graphic that appears underneath the Vital Information field? (* Character is deceased / *Character is deemed to be missing.)

The new board will give users the ability to add articles to the Library. Do you think you will write an article?
Sure, if I could think of anything or if anyone requests an article.

Some of you might know of the Account Switching mod that MyBB has (which is very similar to the one Shadow created for us here). Are there any aspects to the account switcher that you don't like, wish you could add?
I think it's fine?

If you could add or modify one of our existing features, what would you add/change?
Off the top of my head, I think the puppy guide could have more information; the Library could be a little bit more user-friendly or maybe a search field could be useful?

The staff has talked about proposing some kind of default IC agreement between leaders and pack members when a character goes on absence, such as a character saying to a leader "Hey, I'm leaving." Do you think this default agreement would be helpful for characters played by people who leave on an extended absence? Other thoughts about how to deal with this issue are welcome!
I struggled with how to respond to this for a while but I think it works. I guess 2 weeks isn't a big deal (I mean, I recently put in an absent log notice and I hoped everyone assumed Borden just did his thing, patrolling and stuff and maybe even taking care of Taima, while Fen and Angier just do what they normally do). Kinda repeating Switch here, but I think if the player will be gone for 3-4 or more weeks then something might need to be done or agreed upon (I've also had an experience with that and I felt it was very fair that Borden was removed as GH's leader when I was unable to keep up with the activity checks).

We will be introducing Player Points as a way to reward OOC achievements made on the board. We have a few prizes in mind, but what are some ideas you have?
Ahhh! I love the idea of this! As for ideas, really, I think whatever's been listed are all game. Icons, special graphics, a special skin, special titles, etc. Something that could be personalized? I've pondered what would happen if another creature was allowed on-site (foxes or coyotes?) and wondered if maybe that could be something of interest to earn.

Do you have any ideas on how Life Points could be used in a practical sense for the characters of RoW beyond for use in fights or hunts?
Aside from hunts and fights... well... How about something that has to do with the second/third generation that is currently growing up on-site? Not sure where to go with that really or if the idea of having Life Points affect their ability or capability to lead a pack or their parents' pack is not a practical idea... but I was randomly musing... I'm sure each wolf is different and not every leader has to be brawny or super smart, but maybe the stats could give an outlook on their futures? (Granted Fenru matures enough, I could only hope for him to one day fulfill a sort of Advisor role.) That being said, would an intellect stat be of any use? I'd like to think it might broaden the horizon a bit in the sense that perhaps it measures naiveness or maturity; maybe some packs would like to implement Life Points in the acquiring of Pack Roles?

Any other comments, thoughts, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!
I have never ever ever had this much fun on a RPG board and I'd like to thank everyone for just being so awesome. Also, iz possible to have a word counter, maybe?<3 Will {continually} edit if I think of anythin' else.

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Questions!
What is your favorite feature on RoW? Why?
The ability to customise skins and tables
What is your least favorite feature? Why?
I love CBox, but its really annoying when it triple posts/fills the entire cbox with the same message. I mean, I know a refresh fixes it but its still annoying.
What do you think of the layout of the forum?
I like that OOC and IC are clearly separated on separate pages, and it actually shows when you post whether you are posting IC or OOC without the need to specify in your post that you are doing so.
If you could change anything about the layout, what would you change?
Nothing.
The new board will give users the ability to add articles to the Library. Do you think you will write an article?
Probably, yes.
Some of you might know of the Account Switching mod that MyBB has (which is very similar to the one Shadow created for us here). Are there any aspects to the account switcher that you don't like, wish you could add?
No, its pretty straight forward.
If you could add or modify one of our existing features, what would you add/change?
PM system. It would be easier to not have to trawl through all your existing accounts to get to PMs. Admittedly, if you are posting every day this wouldn't be an issue. Just thinking it would be easier to have one inbox for all your accounts (for the sake of being lazy).
The staff has talked about proposing some kind of default IC agreement between leaders and pack members when a character goes on absence, such as a character saying to a leader "Hey, I'm leaving." Do you think this default agreement would be helpful for characters played by people who leave on an extended absence? Other thoughts about how to deal with this issue are welcome!
It depends on whether this applies to people who leave without taking an absence. If they go on the absence log yes, but at the same time, sometimes it would be easier for the character to be NPC'd as just doing the usual, patrolling, hunting etc. I think it is a good idea, but there should also be the flexibility for a person to elect to be NPC'd as just hanging about doing their thing... if that makes sense...
We will be introducing Player Points as a way to reward OOC achievements made on the board. We have a few prizes in mind, but what are some ideas you have?
umm, let me think on that one...
Do you have any ideas on how Life Points could be used in a practical sense for the characters of RoW beyond for use in fights or hunts?
Life points have always kind of confused me but there have been some great suggestions in the past. Given it is currently midnight I'll stew on it and edit this if I think of any...
Any other comments, thoughts, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!I did have one... which was the entire reason I started this... and now I've lost it... but I'm sure it'll come back... consider mine a WIP for now... A warning system if your character is about to go inactive because you haven't posted! Like maybe when you log in a pop up message or the name appears as red in the side bar or something?
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]