(See All?) Announcements
623 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla

You're a wolf — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

He watched her approaching, pleased she was learning how to disinquish scents and then follow them. It didn't take too long before he heard her question and then her face poke into the bush, and Indru leapt back, peering over the top of it at her. Good job, Borlla! Maybe you won't be to bad at tracking when your older, he praised giving her a rewarding nod. It was an important skill to learn, without a good knowledge of how to use your nose you were severe limited, especially in hunting. Perhaps you'll be able to show Junai a thing or do. Now that would really wind her older sister up and Indru couldn't help but laugh as he imagined the black female's face.

Hmmm, now what? Backing away he lead her through the trees as he thought of things they could do at her age, something that would be useful and possible. Turning he dropped his head to peer down at her legs, nudging her lightly with his nose to test her balance and stability on them. Your not to bad on your feet, he remarked, knowing that while she was still wobbily, for a pup her age she was quite strong, the strongest in her litter anyway. Your old enough now that you and your litter brothers could come watch a pack hunt. Indru could remember the excitement when the then small pack had led him and his siblings to the Fields to witness their first hunt. What do you think of that? He asked, tail wagging as he started to think it through, it was certainly do able, and now the yearlings were big enough to help, it should be easy.

Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla wiggled backwards out of the bush, craning her neck back to see Indru over it. She won! She'd found him! She would be a good tracker...Whatever that was. She would be good at finding others? Seemed kind of nifty. "That's why I'm the best at hide-and-seek." Her tail wagged proudly, and she grinned. "Me? Teach Junai? Really?" Borlla giggled, "She wouldn't listen to me." The day she could boss around her yearling sister, Junai, would be the day Borlla would sprout wings and fly.

Shaking with excitement, she moved away from the bush and followed him, wondering what they would do next, although even he didn't seem sure. She paid little attention to the scenery, keeping her eyes trained mostly on Indru, preparing herself for anything. She even managed to stay on her feet when he nudged them. Not that it was hard or anything. "Watch a hunt? Really?" Bouncing, she could barely form the words. That was something she'd almost forgotten about. Hunting. She'd be able to hunt soon, something bigger than bugs and squirrels, which were much too fast for her anyway. "That'd be amazing!"

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

He wasn't surprised about Borlla's remark about Junai, honestly he'd be shocked if she ever completely listened to anyone, himself included. Whatever he said she normally found a sneaky way around it. The pup's excitment was infectious when he spoke of watching a pack hunt, and he nodded eagerly. When a pup reaches around 3 months, and they are strong enough, they can often join the pack and watch the main hunt. He explained, remembering the occasion from his own experience as well as his younger siblings, when he was first a yearling, still learning, and then later a fully fledged adult.

The key word there Borlla is to 'watch' however, not to join in. His voice taking on a sterner tone, I won't be able to take you if you won't behave. It would be fatal for the pup if she ran off and didn't stay in safety, too easy for the small wolf to get trampled. Part of him was tempted to leave a yearling to watch them, but it was too important for them to miss this hunt, and the whole pack was needed. They would just have to learn discipline he decided. Perhaps I can trust you to keep your brothers in line to, yes? He smiled, hoping the extra responsibility to help her behave.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
It would have been a flat out lie if Borlla said she hadn't thought about trying to join in. She couldn't help it. Things came to mind, she couldn't stop them. She shrunk away slightly, ashamed that he'd been able to read her mind, or at least that's what she thought. She had seen deer run before though, and couldn't imagine how anything bad could happen if she tried to help out...There was no chance she'd be of any use anyway. Borlla would have to deal with the suspense for now, and stick to hunting bugs.

However, keeping her brothers in line was something very easily done. She smiled her sweetest smile, and straightened up a bit. "Of course!" That was something she would throughly enjoy doing and Indru was giving her permission. Maybe he had another, more pleasant, form of restraint in mind, but Borlla certainly didn't. "I've been practicing my crouch." She noted, hoping to impress her brother again. Down she went, rump high up in the air, tail swishing as she moved through the cherry littered grass. With a bit of a shake, she leaped into the air, landing awkwardly on a cherry, causing it to squish beneath her paws, staining them a dark red color.

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

It was hard to tell if Borlla was being truthful, he was sure the thought to join in had crossed her mind, it certainly had crossed his as a pup, but he hoped the lure of officially being 'boss' would encourage her to behave. Yes, you can set them a good example and stop them from being squished if they get under any deer's feet, as it can happen. Making it less of a threat and more of an explanation of why it was dangerous in a subtle hint kind of way, Indru hoped the thought alone would deter her from reckless behaviour.

He watched her 'attack crouch' with genuine curiosity, seeing her prowl, keeping low to the ground just before leaping into the air to land on her victim. Good job! He cheered, nodding approval at the stance she had held and her attempt at stealth. Try to keep your back leg's tenser, it will help you jump higher and quicker, and try to remember to not wag your tail, it gives you away! He laughed, but still smiling at her to show her he was pleased. He gazed down at her now dirty, red paws, snorting lightly at the sight of her. As an added bonus you already look like you've been hunting something meaty! Already he could imagine the bragging that would happen between her and her brothers, though rather than find it a problem Indru couldn't help but find her endearing with her big blue eyes and smile.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
"Squished?" Borlla cringed, unable to imagine such a horrible thing. So, it was her job to make sure her silly brothers didn't squished. That meant she might get to fight a deer if it got too close! Her tail brushed the grass at the exciting prospect, "I'll be the best babysitter ever!" She nodded with intense determination.

Indru's pointers were definitely appreciated. She took note, shifting when it was needed. Tail curled beneath herself, and she even tensed her legs, even though it didn't matter at the moment. One day she'd be the best at everything. Tracking, hunting, fighting. "Tail, legs. Got it." With a small curt nod, she went to licking the sweet cherry juice off of her paws, pretending that she'd just caught a rabbit. Her fur was definitely stained temporarily. "Could you show me how you hunt, Indru?" Looking up from her paws, muzzle now barely tinged with berry juice, she gazed hopefully at her brother.

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
My 40th post, RoW's 200th! :D

Uh huh, squished, Indru tried to emphasise the danger, trying to make it so it was serious, yet not terrifying at the same time. At her next statement he laughed, picturing that happens a little bullying may take place to get the job done, but if it kept her brothers safe, it was worth it. I'm sure you will! Just don't go too hard on them. He gave her a mischievous wink, he knew Borlla was lead pup of her litter, and most likely that would continue in adult ranks too. Triell made Indru wonder if he would follow the footsteps of some of their other siblings and leave the pack with his thirst for adventure.

Watching her correct her posture he nodded, already seeing a improved grace to it as she shifted, making minor adjustments. Much better, you'll be a master in no time, Borlla. He smiled watching her trying to clean her paws, taking a fallen cherry into his mouth as he did so. He thought for a moment in the silence, Borlla's distraction allowing him to think, before she asked him another question and he turned to her thoughtfully. Yes, sure. Though I'm not sure if there is anything worth hunting around here. The boy lifted his nose to the air lightly, and he scented at the air without much promise, but sure that there must be some small prey animal around. Here, take a look around and see if you can find something without startling it, if not I can help you in the forest on the way home. He promised, unsure the openness of this area would provide much good hunting spots for a pup.

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2010, 12:22 AM by Indru.)
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
party~

She made a face, unsure whether it was worth promising not to be "too hard" on her stupid brothers. A reluctant whine was her response. Her fierceness would be out of love. She'd tell them the same thing Indru told her. Squished. It would scare the fur off of them. The imagery made her giggle. She probably wouldn't even have to use force, well, maybe just on Kinis. Words would be enough to frighten her brothers.

"I'll be the master of everything!" She laughed, pouncing on another cherry, making her work before pointless, since she managed to stain her paws even worse. "I wanna lead a pack and everything!" It didn't hurt to dream. She hoped she could fly one day too, but it didn't make it possible. Borlla mimicked Indru as he sniffed the air. She could smell him again, but she wasn't quite sure what to sniff for, prey-wise, so she dropped her nose to the ground again, and started to wander around, remembering his pointers from a moment before. Rather then putting her tail up, she just kept it low, which was hard, and required quite a bit of focus since she was excited about finding something for her brother to hunt. But it did seem a bit barren. There were plenty of cherries for her to hunt, but they were too small for her big brother. "I don't smell much," She said, sitting back up, and peering towards Indru. She looked quite downtrodden, but there was always the walk home.

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2010, 12:29 AM by Borlla.)
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Right, lets fade this out like we said, then. :D

He put forward no comment, deciding he had boosted Borlla's ego enough if she was already imagining herself mastering... well, everything. By the sounds of it she'd be running this pack she wanted to led single pawed. Hm, maybe you won't need pack members, either, yeah? Indru teased, trying to bop her slightly to remind her she was not quite the yen master, yet. He knew he and his brother used to do the same, Indru and Ruiko were always competitive, egging the other on to higher and higher extremes to see who would win in their many challenges, so he understood the want to be the best. It just faded when you matured... a little.

He watched Borlla 'tracking' for a moment before shaking his head, going with his instinct and deciding not to waste time. Let's head home, we have to pass through the Grove, we can hunt there. He promised, deciding that he would try and help her catch her own, with a little help she might catch something, even if it was a team effort, the glory of a first kill was wonderful. I bet we can get you something. He smiled, pointing with his muzzle in the direction they were heading before starting off in a slow, easy lope.