(See All?) Announcements
485 Users Online
Bing, Google

changes — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Though he knew that wolves left their pack, for many different reasons, he was aware that most yearned to be in one, whether it was a new one or one of their own making. Wolves were predominantly social creatures, it was only for short, brief periods Indru would seek his own company, and generally he much preferred to be surrounded by his pack. As well as that, nothing could beat the safety and security you felt being part of something, with a number of wolves at your side who you trusted.

The Tainn male found himself getting more familiar with Marsh's speech patterns, finding them easier to follow and less confusing. It seemed Marsh was not a leader himself and more of a follower, a fact that was now confirmed and had already began to form as a possibility to Indru, perhaps this meant he was not a threat at all. You would never start your own pack? He asked, just to be sure, though he knew that if that was the case Relic Lore was big enough, and the area did not stop abruptly, it extended beyond the main areas Indru travelled.

Marsh's question was an intriguing one, and Indru thought it over. No.. I do not have a mate. He smiled, he had been much to interest in gaining rank before his parent's died, and besides a mate would of been redundant. However he knew the future of the pack relied on him and his ability to produce further offspring. I was too young, uninterested. I was more interested in gaining rank. Marsh's first question though was the one that played with his mind, would he have left? He was unsure. He stayed originally as he had been eager to climb rank, seeing his leaving siblings as giving up on the competition that he and Ruiko had forced on them. He had dreamt of one day owning the pack, but not any further, so Indru was having to think as he learnt. Hm, I.. I'm not sure if I would of left. Perhaps, I would of if I had been older and still not a leader. But still, Indru was not certain.

(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2010, 11:23 AM by Indru.)
Played by Siki who has 301 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Marsh Barrew
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'><b><i>BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT GOOD THINGS</i></b></font>
This time, the question came first. As before, Marsh barely needed to think about it. <b>"No, no. Nevvvv...er. Would... help start - be a... a part, but not - not <i>lead</i>."</b> It just wasn't in his nature, he had no desire to be top cat, to call the shots, to have the offspring. It just didn't factor into his already slim number of requests in life.

Indru's very brief life story was interesting: the life of an ambitious wolf. It was obvious that he had never really expected to get this far, or at least not so soon; he didn't even have a mate to secure the pack's future. And where would he find one of those? Marsh guessed that his family was just that - a family - and he would need to enlist a female from somewhere else. Was it good taste around here to steal a loner for your own needs? A mate to the leader was an important bitch, she would need some time in the pack before truly owning such an honour, and that wasn't time that could be wasted. Was Indru the... the 'romantic' type? Marsh had met them before, and they boggled his mind even more than the poets.

<b>"You... plan to, to stay, stay - Relllllic Lore?"</b>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b><i>GOOD THING CAN'T HAPPEN THEY JUST SNEAK UP ON YOU</i></b></font></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

So he was right then in his judgement, Indru had not felt that Marsh would aspire to lead a pack, the wolf showed traits of a follower rather than a leader. So you will join one here? He inquired, already thinking that the choice was rather slim at the moment, but it could change, he supposed, an idea he was not overly thrilled about. Or will you move on, you think? After all, he was a lone wolf and he had all the freedom he desired, he could travel to wherever he liked and try and join whichever pack, oddly the idea was not as appealing to Indru as he thought it would be, he was content in his pack

Marsh's question though, he knew the answer instantly and without hesitation he replied, yes. Indru knew he had too many ties here to consider leaving, at least for a long while anyway. His siblings were too young to move a great distance, being only 3 months, and his others had been raised here, and as much as it hurt, it was nice to be close to their old home, no he would tarry. I have too many connections here, ties. Though Indru ended this statement with a slight smile to show that they were not ties he necessarily regretted or loathed.

(This post was last modified: Aug 03, 2010, 11:57 AM by Indru.)
Inactive Deceased
Marsh Barrew
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'><b><i>MAYBE WE'LL MAKE A MEAL OF THIS ROADKILL</i></b></font>
These questions were interesting, now, really interesting. Now we were touching on things Marsh was wondering himself. The answers wouldn't come so easily. Marsh licked his lips again, taking a few moments to deliberate a verbal response. <b>"If, if there... is, yes. Maybe. It - will... will depend, who lead. Need..."</b> What? He didn't know, that was a stupid train of thought. <b>"But - have scented no... no other, since, since, here. Only you."</b> Surely Indru knew as much? Trick question, or was this wolf suspicious of the loners around here? Did packs often wander in and out? Either way, it was borne from a thought which Marsh thought sensible. It was always good to know your neighbours and threats; it was why was Marsh here right now, talking with Indru. <b>"If - food easy, may stay. Have no rrr, reason to promise. Is only me. Will... act as need."</b>

Indru's reason for staying was also easy to relate to. Ties, ties indeed. Marsh knew ties; he found they sprung inexplicably between himself and a wolf, and a pack, and it was great. It was the realisation of his needs, of his desire to belong and be useful. Indru... was a possibility, but this time it was too early to tell; Marsh was not easy around foreign wolves, and though desperation would draw him to Indru's borders, for the moment he was content with the knowledge of them. But the scents on Indru were weak, his leadership too new, perhaps, and Marsh needed to know more. <b>"Your - family, is... big?"</b>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b><i>MAYBE IT'LL TASTE JUST GREAT</i></b></font></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Marsh's statement was true, for now anyway, at the moment Swift River was the only pack, but he doubted that fact would stay true for long, especially in a land so big. Besides, Indru already knew there was a high chance that his uncle Honijo would make one, he was not a wolf for the life as a loner, and he would want to stay nearby. At the moment, yes. Only my pack. He confirmed to Marsh, Indru had good knowledge of these lands and he often strayed much wider than his pack den to check for any enterprising lone wolves.

Marsh's next statement made sense to him, with no connections it was easy to move on if it was required to do so. It was easy for him to simply up and leave to a more suitable location. The question soon drifted back to him though, and Indru thought about it carefully. He already knew that Marsh was unlike to lead a pack, but there was nothing to stop him relying such information were he to join another at a later date. Yes, we are a big family. Indru confirmed, yet not descriptively, the exact numbers would be kept for his pack only. We are strong, close ties to each other. I can depend on them I know. Which was why that Indru knew that even though their pack was fresh faced, it was still strong due to their close bonds to each other. Blood is thicker than water after all, any new pack would most likely hold lone wolves for now.

Inactive Deceased
Marsh Barrew
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'><b><i>MAYBE WE'LL DECIDE THE POISON ISN'T POISON</i></b></font>
Only his pack, Indru's pack - only them so far. Marsh had already encountered evidence of lone wolves - whether in body or simply their scent on the wind - and since this place seemed perfect for setting up a home, it may only be a matter of time until more settled. Marsh may just have to visit them.

Hmm... maybe he was planning on staying here.

Indru's subtle hinting didn't pass Marsh by, but he hardly faulted the wolf for it; it was a sensible move, and certainly nothing Marsh could disprove. He couldn't get details, but there were definitely many different scents on Indru's body. How many of them were now deceased it was impossible to tell - at least now, before long the dead ones would fade - but there was no need for that level of recon. Indru's reply also supported the notion that his pack were all related - which further encouraged Marsh to wonder what a future they would have without an unrelated bitch.

This time, however, Marsh did not feel inclined to offer more words. His curiosity was more than satisfied, and he had plenty to ponder. Indru presumably had his own business here, business Marsh had intruded upon. It was still dark, and would be for a while. He should probably find somewhere to rest until morning. <b>"Indru,"</b> he said softly, padding back around so that he roughly faced the younger wolf, as a show of respect and trust. <b>"Thhh, thank... you for - talk, I... will not keep. You. I - hhh, hh, hope your family - well. Recover, fire. May... see you?"</b> He had been pleasant company, very pleasant company, and it would certainly be something Marsh would be willing to duplicate - especially if he found he wanted to stay.
<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b><i>IT GIVES US HEALTH AND PUSHES US FORWARD</i></b></font></blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn
Good thread! :D

Indru's ears twitched at the mention of his name and he watched Marsh walk around to face him, curiosity on his face. Marsh's broken language was barely noticable to the Tainn now, he could understand it without difficulty and nodded to him, offering a friendly smile. It was a curious relationship that had stemmed between them two of them, at first it had been volatile until the situation had diffused and a somewhat friendly banter had ensued, it was the most positive experience Indru had had with a lone wolf so far, anyway. Not that he had gone out and met loads, exactly.

Thank you Marsh, I hope you find what pack you are looking for. He was certain he would see the male again, and wondered briefly whether it would be at his borders if he decided that he wanted to try join the Swift River wolves. Until next time, then. With a curt nod Indru turned tail, heading back to the pool at the base of the Falls for a quick drink before starting a slow, casual lope home. He was unsure whether the solitude he had originally sought would of been as beneficial as this company and decided that he doubted it.