(See All?) Announcements
497 Users Online
Google, Bing

The Great Danton — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<i>Grey if I need to change this let me know. I can be more vague as I wasn't sure if Borden would come or not,etc. Or he could after taking pups to den with the passing time, and show up? :X Let me know.</i>
<blockquote>
After finding Ryvet, Renier, and Calla getting bored and debating on taking a walk on the ice upon the stream she had sought Borden to entertain them. Taima was not with the group, and this told Jayse there may have been a disagreement among them. The mother hated to see such things happen, and thought it best if she found her. And so suggesting perhaps he could help them to track something in the snow ,since they needed to practice in both hunting and searching, she left in the faint storm. The wind and snow though bitter would prove to be a twist in the game, and would be something else to master. Jaysyek was hopeful they would use some energy before having to hunker down if it was to snow harder.

Shielding her ears to her skull, she trekked through the short drifts worried what Taima was up to. When she was left to her own devices it could mean trouble. With the den in mind, she picked up a quickened trot to find her daughter's trail. Sure enough it started leading to the edge of Grizzly Hollow. <i>Oh Taima,</i> she thought, finding only comfort in the fact her trail was not faint. Even more so the fact Jaysyek had longer legs to catch up to her.

It would be quite strange what the leader would fall upon today. The edge of their borders were four adult wolves and her daughter. First it was hard to make out who for sure by the dance of snow, but her nose gave her answers soon enough. <i>Sibyl,Ani, Kade, and Angier?</i> This would call for a pause, had things not worked out with Elettra?

With a slight narrowed look she approached sensing the tension of her Guardian firstly. She caught the end of Angier's words by the distance, and wasn't sure what she thought. He had come back to stay with them? This made her question why Elettra had sent him away, but it was just a thought. Coming beside Aniu and Sibyl she glanced down to Taima seeing she looked shaken. After the trespasser she should be, but Jayse did not say a word to her. Quietly she met the silver eyes of Kade wishing she could read his mind. Quickly her mismatched eyes glanced to the tawny wolf, <b>"Hello again Angier. I see things did not work out at Willow Ridge. But did I hear right that you were thinking about staying here?"</b></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 25, 2012, 05:00 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya

<blockquote>He was nearly baffled by the slew of reasons given by the tall, tawny wolf, <i>Danton</i>, as he called himself. <i>Just talking, didn't want her to lose her way,</i> and in the end the inquiry regarding a pack need for a botanist and a hunter...

By now the guardian's expression was hardned, not by suspicion, but because he didn't know what to believe at this point. So which explanation was the truth, or were they all? Furthermore, how did this stranger know Taima - had they run into each other before? The subjective questions he asked himself cascaded through his mind. He was also quick to drop Borden's name - what did he know of the leader? The coal-pelted wolf nearly came full circle as Taima shrunk into the snow before safeguarding herself between the bodies of Sibyl and the static-colored protector. She may not have understood <i>why</i> his reaction came out so harshly, but she was <i>safe</i> and that was really all that mattered. If he had been too direct with her, when this was all over he would find a way to reassure the young one he'd really meant no harm. His gaze remained upon Danton, teeth grinding in frustration as his mind attempted to make sense of just what was really going on here.

<b>"Perhaps this pack could benefit from your skills, if they are as sharp as your eyes seem to be,"</b> he took it upon himself to reply. It was a strange situation indeed, provided the circumstances, but in all reality a hunter and botanist would serve the Hollow wolves well. If Danton was genuine, it would seem that Grizzly Hollow's fortune was looking up; still, in the back of his mind, something seemed amiss. A certain scent upon the winter breeze prompted the swift end of the would-be interrogation that could have ensued. She appeared through the drizzles of snowfall like a ghost from a shadow, and his now burning silver eyes would meet her mismatched ones with concern. With Jaysyek on the scene, Kade was respectfully willing to step aside.

Her voice cut through the uncertainty with diplomacy. She did know the man, and his name was <i>Angier</i>. Interesting. A half grin crept across his face as steady eyes watched for the wolf's reaction.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2012, 08:30 PM by Kade.)
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
Just a sidenote, Angier keenly picked up Taima's name when Sibyl called out for her; confirmed when Kade ordered her to 'come,' or get away from Angier. x)
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

The Lyall's smirk melted away as a familiar scent wafted his way. Her presence was unmissable, even as she effortlessly appeared through the storm, seeming like a winter elemental herself. His features softened and for a moment a genuine smile warmed his whole face. Jaysyek, the leader of Grizzly Hollow, was his saving grace. Whatever the dark Guard had wanted to add to his countering sentiment went unnoticed, for she had cut him off. A simple greeting with his actual name, a presumption about the outcome of his visit to Willow Ridge, and an inquiry easily allowed him to regain his footing.

His bottlebrush-like tail twitched with a sort of gratuitous wag and he gave a respectful dip of the muzzle to the white lady, the girl and the two women who had come to defend her forgotten in the brief gap of silence. "Danton," he gently corrected her. "Angier Lyall is no more. I've left my old life behind; seemed best if I cut my losses... made a clean cut... and such. But, I'm glad to see you seem to be doing well." He took a quick breath, then continued, "I... Well... Willow Ridge has seemingly prospered in the short time I've been away tending to Swift River. Elettra's managed t' recruit quite a pack; it seemed like she didn't want to hunt her part of Relic Lore scarce."

"I'd be grateful if I could weather out the season with you and your pack," he smiled. "I could help with the cubs, if you'd... if you'd like." His pale eyes flickered to Kade's, meeting his rather amused gaze, "It's kind of a tradition in our family, you see. My Uncle taught me all that I know and I would appreciate havin' the opportunity to teach my nieces and nephews a thing or two." He glanced toward Taima then returned his eyes to Jaysyek with a softened grin, appearing humble for a mere second. "Relic Lore - after Vlarindara had left - holds very little for me nowadays. Alexander is gone, my debt to the River wolves was erased after Indru had left; and, Elettra has no use for someone like me - half-starved, weak, needy - with several Guards, Hunters, and Scouts at her disposal. Since I left Bertram Valley, I've done nothing... I've been a man with nothing to my name and I crave to change that." His ears folded back and lowered and he averted his gaze. "Please. Please don't deny me a chance to do at least one thing right."

ANGIER LYALL
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.
(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 07:31 AM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Grey who has 177 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Taima Lyall Avelin
magician's child, white queen's daughter;
TAIMA LYALL
a girl of schematics, the rebel, the plotter

Taima eyed the sides of Aniu and Sibyl's heads, growing nervous the longer they kept quiet as Kade confronted the rogue. As Aniu shot a glance to Kade, the girl found herself distracted. She crawled forward, awkwardly placing herself underneath Aniu's chest, her ivory muzzle brushing against the woman's left forelimb. With wide eyes, she now fully took the two men in, watching as Kade circled him.

They conversed for a short time but all exchanges came to a stop as soon as Jaysyek appeared. Mawwwm, she had wanted to whine, unnerved by how fast her defenses had crumbled. Her mother addressed Danton, however, and Taima kept quiet, hoping the stranger had forgotten about her altogether. He babbled on about Willow Ridge - the pack, she knew, her parents had mixed feelings about - and for an instant she wished Danton had not been turned away. He mentioned he had changed his name and a part of her hoped he had changed for a good reason, and that maybe, just maybe, he had overstepped her parents' boundaries by accident.

Suddenly, Danton's eyes fell upon her and she fought the urge to flinch away. Seeking some form of comfort, she closed her eyes and rubbed her temple and brow into the crook of Aniu's elbow, finding a sort of refuge until the word niece pierced her ears. Wait. What? She dropped her head between her paws, half-burying her leathery nose into the snow, her gaze aimed directly at her mother. Questions fired off in her head. She had an uncle? How did he get here and who was he related to? Dad, right? That's why she had mistaken him for her stricter parent? Most important of all, would Mom actually allow him into the pack? Why hadn't he been apart of the family to begin with? Trisden had returned, sure, but had Danton been apart of Grizzly Hollow before?

She blinked, waiting for the adults' answers with bated breath. Jaysyek's decision, she opted, would further shape or flip her impression of Uncle Danton.

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 07:50 AM by Taima.)
Played by Kydnt who has 172 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sibyl Balik
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/holdbacktherain/tables/sibyltab.png) bottom center no-repeat; background-color: #33353b;">
The scent of Jaysyek floated in on the scene, easing the tension from Sibyl's shoulders. Sibyl had faith in the woman, knowing that she would be able to take care of things and make the right decision. Sibyl was surprised to find that Jaysyek seemed to know the stranger. Sibyl blinked, a furrow forming between her brows in thought. Jaysyek asked the wolf if things hadn't worked at Willow Ridge, and Sibyl was aghast to think of that pack in the Willows. The place hadn't left a good impression on her, and she wondered what sort of appeal it would even hold for others.

Angier, or Danton, or whoever this wolf really was then looked past her, to Taima, mentioning something about teaching his nieces. His story was so earnest, his manners so carefully sculpted Sibyl wanted to just take in whatever it was he said at face value. Just a wolf looking for a home, like so many others out there.

But like the itching of an old scar, something in the back of her mind buzzed and she couldn't quite settle on his story. If only Taima wasn't scared, Sibyl would have been at ease with the prospect of him joining the pack. But family and tradition or not, Taima looked too unsettled by the stranger for Sibyl to be comfortable with his offering of education. Family was a lovely idea, but that didn't necessarily make anyone more trustworthy. It hadn't made her sister any better of a person. Sibyl's throat felt sticky dry, words trapped in place like a bugs in a web. Only a small, nervous squeak managed to escape her vocal chords.

table by bryony
[Image: Sibyl-greysig01b.png]
Played by becuffin who has 91 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aniu

With the exception of his comment about just talking, Aniu found herself lapping up every word. Angier, Danton, what did his name matter? He knew plants, he could hunt, and he was far bigger and clearly braver than she, to survive so long alone. The dark male didn’t seem to be buying it and there was a hesitancy to Sibyl that Ani decided could be put down to her flighty personality. Concern did cross her features as he mentioned only staying for a season, worry dancing clearly in her eyes. Once Spring came, the bears would wake up, and then who would help or save her? She had latched so firmly onto the belief that this, he could be her salvation that the thought hadn’t ever crossed her mind that should he stay, he would ever choose to leave.

He was family?

Having been raised in a large pack surrounded by uncles and aunts, sisters, brothers and cousins, nearly everything she knew had been taught to her by blood. She could sympathise. If it hadn’t been for a drastic shortage of prey, she and her siblings would probably still be amongst the towering trees that blocked out the sun, continuing on with the family traditions that tied them to the forest they had left behind. Perhaps she would return one day... Would she be greeted with hostility?

Her tail hung low in the presence of Jaysyek, but she could no longer hold it still, the smallest of waves thumping from one leg and back again.

The bump of a small muzzle against her leg, the girls head pressing into her chest, and then down to bury her nose in the snow, bought the sooty girl back from her thoughts. Reassuringly she reached down to bump the girls crown with her nose. “Hey, your Ma’s got this...” she whispered calmly to the girl, a small smile on the edges of her lips. Her brows furrowed as Sibyl squeaked, and she shot the other wolf a look telling her to pull it together. Her rear end shifted to bump against the other woman to remind her she was still here, and if they could take on a bobcat, the four of them, maybe even five were Taima up for it, could chase the man off if they were told to.

But she really really hoped it wouldn’t come to that. She didn’t want to go finding herbs far from home alone. What if she ran into wolverines, or even worse... cannibals?!

(This post was last modified: Dec 30, 2012, 02:40 AM by Aniu.)
user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

The draw of silence and faces that collected was what her presence brought. It didn't take much for her to see Kade was worried by the gleam in his silver eyes, and Jayse would remember that. Angier had been lucky with his other visits he had been greeted by her and not her guards. She was not mad at anyone here, they were doing what was right, protecting Taima from a stranger. One who had walked past their front doors. Jayse let that bit slide, as she had said he was welcome to come if he found no success at Willow Ridge. The tawny wolf collected himself, seeming more well state of being than their last talk. Had Elettra helped him, or perspective and time?

Smoothly, he answered her, assuring her about the change in name was with the change in his life. No emotion fell upon her face, she listened, letting herself still take it all in. "It seems to suit you," was her short reply not wanting to mention his previous state in front of everybody. She only nodded at the explanation of Elettra's pack. It did not surprise her it was getting larger, and since their talk she did not feel threatened. Elettra and her might not see eye to eye, but they were still tied together no matter how far apart.

Much she wanted to look at her daughter to gauge her reaction to this new found Uncle her mismatched eyes did not loom from the Lyall. Did he hope to change things, and be part of a family? She thought that's what she was hearing, feeling in her heart. She was curious what he could teach them. There was sincerity there, and he surely needed a purpose. She was willing to give him that, wanting his life to turn out for the better. A smile grew on her white muzzle, "I said before you would be welcomed stay as long as you need. Aniu is a bit of our healer, and I'm sure she would be eager to have more help. She's been teaching the pups about plants, and herbs. They could always use more knowledge." She peered down to Taima hoping to assure her, but understanding she didn't know him. Some time could change that too. Proceeding forward she brushed her nape against his to let him receive their scent, than turned toward her daughter. "Come along Taima, lets let Danton get settled in and see what your brothers are up to now."

{Jayse out}

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

Success. Triumph. Mission accomplished. As Jaysyek's smile grew on her ashen face, so did his. What had started out as a humble, yielding and hopeful gaze, an expression of relief gave way to happiness and satisfaction. "Thank you," he replied, allowing himself to look at her and watch as the ivory lady turned her attention to her daughter. "I promise you and your pack will not be disappointed."

As Jaysyek came forward to bestow him with her scent, he smiled smugly to the black-coated male. Kade might have thought he had been caught off-guard but Angier was intent on making sure that whatever plans he had had in mind, this dark guard would not even have a chance to apprehend the plans he had already devised. Assuming he had been excused and given permission to tread on pack territory ground, he gave a curt nod to the party that had assembled to Taima's aid then disappeared into the depths of Grizzly Hollow.

ANGIER LYALL

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)