(See All?) Announcements
482 Users Online
Bing, Google

Ships in the Night — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">Sloane was enjoying his day, stealing a bit of solitary time to think about his future. Nina and the rest were in his immediate future and they would be a pack again with Nina at the helm and him assisting her for the time being. That time would come to an end in the spring if his plans went as he hoped. Then he would be the next one starting a pack. A new family with Narime, his beautiful Blue Eyes. He smiled in contentment as he thought of the silver fae. They had spent so little time together, but his feelings were real and he only waited for her to be of age. They had both needed to do some growing, but it would be their time soon. Very soon...

Nina's call broke through his daydreams and another smile crossed his handsome face. The second most important woman in his life, his best friend. Her call was very specific, summoning him and Ashanti only. He didn't know what to think of the pairing, but he trotted in her direction filled with curiosity and purpose.

When he arrived there were three fae's before him. Nina, young Ashanti and another older woman whom Ashanti seemed to know quite well. As he approached, his demeanor remained friendly, but his stance was tall and proud. He greeted Ashanti with a smile and Nina with a shoulder bump from his russet muzzle, then turned a curious eye on the stranger greeted all and then introduced himself. "Hello, ladies. I am Sloane Thorben." This last was directed towards the newcomer as he stood by Nina.

Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> One of her ears swiveled back so that she could catch anything that would be coming her way. She expected the two of them to arrive within record timing…and it seemed, for her they would do so. Nina had pad careful attention to what Isen had said, but her last question brought a curt response to the golden brown healer’s lips, "Why don‘t you ask her yourself?" Just as her final word was spoken, the younger female burst through the thickets, taking a quick stop next to Nina and as she did so the healer would nip the other’s shoulder affectionately and let the two converse while she waited for Sloane. Her mighty knight would not be late to arrive though, for heavy paws were soon addible in the distance.

When he did arrive, the two stood shoulder to shoulder, though Sloane did tower over her by a large amount. In return to his greeting she licked his shoulder affectionately before her good eye set back on the other Aranna sibling her tail floated high above her back and her head lifted a considerable amount. Stepping forward she cleared her throat, "Sloane…this is Ashanti‘s sibling…Isen. She said she might find an interest in joining in with the pack," when she said this, she glanced at her to two friends for their reactions before continuing, looking back to Isen, "Sloane will be leading beside me for the time being. His opinion matters on this." She then turned her head back to her loyal pack mate…her loyal best friend, waiting for his own reply.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by - who has 18 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Isen Aranna
http://i.imgur.com/9LNW1.jpg);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:368px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-left: 60px; padding-right: 60px;">
Isen grinned ear to ear as Asha recognized her. She was the first to arrive. She ran up and nuzzled Asha's shoulder gently. "Oh Asha, I've missed you so much. I've been looking for you for two years. I thought I'd never find you, but I couldn't give you up! So Loca, what have you been up too lately? Big adventures in herbs I trust. I mean you were always the balsamaceous on of us all." She said, a tear rolled from her eye as she was reunited with her sister at last. She couldn't be separated from her now.

She looked as Sloane arrived, at least he introduced himself as Sloane Throben. she gave a respectful nod to him, standing by her sister. Things were the way they should be. She grinned slightly. "Pleasure to meat you Mr. Thorben. I am Isen Ashai." She said with a small pang of sadness in her heart. "Though I hear Asha here has changed her last name. So be it me too. I am Isen, Isen Aranna."

Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna

Ashanti smiled at them, Slaone arrived next. She watched as Nina spoke. Would Isen really become her packmate? Gently, she nuzzled Isen back."Many herbology related adventures Isen. though recently I joined together with Nina and Sloane as well as a few others to start a pack." She said, then she looked at Nina and Sloane confidently. "I believe Isen would be a good packmate. It's not just because she's my sister either. Back in my old pack, she showed nothing but loyalty. She even saved my life, almost sacrificing her own." She said. She needed to confess her dark past now. It was time for them to know. She smiled at Isen again before stepping in front of them all.

"With that, I think you both need to know about my past as well as my sisters. We were born into a mountain pack. Gosh it's been so long I don't remember the name, I don't like to remember the name either. We were born as we were. My aunt was in the pack as well as my uncle. The only indirect relatives me me in the pack. When I was barely a yearling. My aunt, sh-she killed my mother and father so she could rule. S-sh-she slaughtered my littermates because they would not bow down to her. Isen saved my life, she'd returned from hunting, she never thought my, no.. our aunt would go that low. But she told me to bow down. In the middle of the night, she went and distracted our aunt while I snuck out of camp, she was supposed to meet me by sunrise. When she didn't show, I thought she was dead. So I continued on and found you guys. My family is up in Aranna now I guess."

(This post was last modified: Nov 24, 2012, 03:42 AM by Ashanti.)
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">Sloane listened as the three ladies each spoke. A feeling of pride welled up in the big male when Nina referred to his importance. He wasn't a vain wolf, by any means, but her faith in him meant a lot. He also took note of the change of last name that Ashanti and now her sister adopted. He hadn't been aware that Aranna was not Ashanti's true last name. It seemed that it was there way of making a clean break with their past. History was important, but sometimes one just needed to move past it and perhaps this was their way to accomplish that goal.

When Ashanti spoke of their birth pack and the tyranny and evil of their aunt, he felt a shiver travel his spine and his bright eyes darkened for a moment. The situation very much echoed his when the rogues destroyed his own pack. Aside from the fact that he'd gone back and challenged the rogue leader, easily defeating him in a fair battle. Well... mostly fair. He hadn't cheated, but the other had never stood a chance against him one on one. He and his cohorts had murder Sloane's sire and much of his family. For that, Sloane ended his life, unheeding the other's cries for mercy at the end. The rogue had shown no mercy on his father or the rest of his family and so deserved none. It was a stain on his soul... but he would do it again.

Returning to the present, he gave Isen an appraising look as Ashanti spoke of her sacrifice that her sibling might go free. That was a type of honor that he understood and could greatly appreciate. She seemed hale and hearty, well able to take care of herself and with her sister here, he firmly believed that she too should be here. He felt an odd sort of kinship with these two sisters for what they had gone through. "From what I can see and all that had been said, I believe that Isen would be a welcome addition to our little family." There wasn't a hint of doubt or concern in his deep voice, only satisfaction that the forming pack seemed to be growing stronger by the moment.

Knight of Honor
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Her ears pricked as many words were exchanged, her face thoughtful. A good guardian Isen would be then? It was something that the new pack would definitely need. It wasn’t often that Nina had found any guardians within Copper Rock Creek…just Sloane, and perhaps Ruiko, but the alpha male had always had other things to attend to. Every once and awhile, Nina’s good eye would move across the small gathered group…and in her soul she knew she couldn’t leave them. She could never get it in her to do so. When Sloane finally spoke, did Nina fully pay attention, her green eye reverted back to Isen. She had also heard the jabber of their past, and a pack with wolves in it that would trust her with the pack would be a good thing. Her tail twitched behind her slightly as she looked over at Isen once again, her head tilted to the side.

None of them knew her real history…Sloane and Kashi knew some of it, but not all of it. Only Koda did…and she honestly didn’t plan on sharing any of her history with the wolves in front of her now. At least not anytime soon. Ashanti knew about her brother, but that was something different, those were the noticeable scars along her body and eye. Not what was buried deep inside her. Her tail flicker behind her as he tail raised, curling towards her back as she spoke directly at Isen. "Welcome then. I‘m sure Ashanti will be keeping a close eye on you." Her green eye flickered over to the other female, before her tail waved, her ears flicking. "I must be going. Time to give myself a daily strain for the day." Her tone was teasing as she mentioned to her leg before turning her back on the group and trotting through the thickets, cautious of the thorns below her.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Isen Aranna
http://i.imgur.com/9LNW1.jpg);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:368px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-left: 60px; padding-right: 60px;">
(251 WORDS)

Isen grinned as Ashanti mentioned her more brave acts. Those seemed to be the only acts she did to help her sister, but she was glad that Ashanti was helping her now. She too was completely sure Asha would be making sure she was doing her job. When her little sister was first born, they didn't get along. but after a few months, they because perhaps closer then just sisters. "Thank you Nina, Sloane, and Ashanti. I will do my best. I swear it by Aranna." she said kindly. she was ready for a new stage in her life.

Isen looked at them all, she was grinning beyond belief. She looked at Asha with some sadness. "Oh Asha, I'm sorry to say that neither Jet nor Ava are out and alive. Neither your siblings Nyan nor Chezkov." She said sadly. Asha was her only sibling left. With her being the only one alive, it was important that they stick together. She could not bear to lose her after so long of searching.

Isen was a bit shocked to hear that Nina must be going. But she understood. She now that she was technically in a pack, though it was not formed, she made an extended family again. A pack was a family that stuck together in good and bad times. As long as she could fully trust in Asha, Nina, Sloane and whoever else may be in the pack. She would be welcomed there and hopefully they could trust her back.

Played by Namara who has 231 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashanti "Celestina" Aranna

Ashanti frowned at the news, Isen was her only sibling, she hid her face and her emotions in her sisters fur, but she was happy too. Isen was with her until the day they died. After that, they'd be with they're siblings in Aranna. Her eyes pondered, as she moved her head, all calmed down from the news. "I shall watch with interest Isen. that I can assure you." She said, her eyes amused slightly. she'd be able to mourn her siblings later. She wondered if Nina was really joking or not, granted she knew that Nina's leg was getting better all the time. She knew it could not be back to it's full strength yet.

She looked at Sloane, glad that he agreed to allow Isen to travel with them. Isen would be great to be a guardian of the pack. She'd be able to keep the borders safe no problem. Asha looked at Nina with a small bow of respect as Nina had to depart. She was proud, regal as her sister and she knew to respect and honor those older then her. She looked at Sloane and Isen. "I must depart to. I need to gather more stores and get use to the herbs here." She said departing.

As she padded away, she smiled. She was happy to have her sister. she was happy to have her family, or whats left of it reunited and she was happy to be packmates with Durai, Sloane, Kashikoi and Nina. Isen as well. She was amazed by the strength and the unity.

*Ashanti's Exit*

(This post was last modified: Dec 02, 2012, 10:35 PM by Ashanti.)
[Image: Ashanti-greysig02.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/SloanTable.png);background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 255px;padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">It seemed that it was done, then. Their future pack had just grown by another member and sisters had been reunited. Who could complain about an outcome like that? Not him, that was for sure. Although he was thrilled for the sisters to be reunited he couldn't help a pang of sadness as he thought of his own lost family. Also destroyed by a tyrant. With an inward sigh, he pushed the memories away. There was nothing more for him in the past, but there was much here for him in the future.

He watched as first Nina and then Ashanti took their leave. He supposed that it was time for him to go as well. He had plans that might take him away for a bit despite the pack being unofficial, he felt responsible to make sure that all were fed and that there was at least a small cache of food for those that remained here in the thicket. He looked at Isen and gave a friendly and welcoming smile. "It seems that our family has grown once more! Welcome, Isen. I hate to leave as well, but I've some hunting to tend to. Until we meet again!" With that he tipped his head towards her and he too made his exit from the thicket in silence.

(post and/or archive!)
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Isen Aranna
Isen's eyes lit up with pride as they welcomed her. Nina had to leave, then Ashanti, then Sloane and she was left once again, alone. She figured she could start by trying to learn the lands, work on her fighting skills. Something she could do to help the pack to be. She started with the most basic thing. Hunting, it was the difference between life and death. Something she would prefer to keep on the alive side. She crouched down and narrowed her eyes. Her ears perked up and her tail in a hover above the ground. The snow crunched under her feet and her eyes were kind and gentle. She sniffed around curiously, her nose wiggling slightly. Vole. She snuck forward, a for of creep to her posture. Her tail hovered slightly, her belly nearly scraping across the ground, but it didn't.

She raced forward once she had gotten close enough to the small animal. It was a form of victory hunt, she had succeeded to find her sister and was accepted to be a founding member of a pack with her. What more could be better there then nothing? Well there was one thing. To be with her other family to. To not have her aunt have taken over the pack. For her siblings to still be alive and well. She caught the vole and sat down to eat it after killing it with a swift blow. Time to start her new life. It was her time now.