(See All?) Announcements
559 Users Online
Bing, Nori, Google, Baidu

A Peice of the Puzzle — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jen who has 71 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Tempest Thorben

Tempest was driven. She had taken it upon herself to find her missing leader, for the sake of her pack and of her new friend Nina, his true mate. She had traveled through the Willows and across the rough terrain of the Heights. So far, she'd come up empty handed. She had met one other wolf, but he hadn't seen Koda and the old wolf Cisco. She was determined though and continued on, although her feet were a bit tender from the rugged terrain as she was unaccustomed to it.

The sun was rising high in the sky. weakly warming the winter air. The large russet female moved on, the snow crunching beneath her and her breath making a cloud in front of her that dissipated quickly. She scanned the area incessently, searching for any clues as to the two wolves wherabouts. After what seemed like forever a faint scent caught her attention. It was faint, but she would know it anywhere. It was Koda's, mixed with another that she didn't know and an even fainter one of Shade. They had been here!

Given the smell of blood mixed in she knew that she was in the right spot. She quickly scented around, eventually locating the trail leading away from where she was, westward in the direction of the Willows. That was definitely a good sign. Tempest quickened her pace and soon caught up with the two males. One was a very pale red and on the thin side and the other was her alpha. They appeared to be resting and when she got closer, she could see why. Koda appeared to have a very large lump just behind his left ear and his neck was coated with blood that had dripped down from it.

Perhaps foolishly with the stranger there, she hurried forward to Koda. She glanced at the older male, but dipped her head low towards Koda, giving him the respect that he deserved. Tempest was nearly overcome with emotion as she gently licked the pale silver and cream male's chin. Her bright amber gaze met his golden one as she crouched slightly in his presence. Memory loss or not, he was her leader. "Koda! I'm so glad that I've found you! Shade told us about your accident. I'm here to help you home." Then, remembering his memory loss, she added, "I-I'm Tempest."

(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2013, 03:32 PM by Tempest.)
The Calm in the Storm
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
At first, Koda and Cisco had waited for the return of Shade, or anyone else sent in the man's stead. Fitful, dreamless sleep had reigned the first day, but by the next he was feeling much more aware than he had been. They had decided if no one appeared by the following morning, they would try to move down into the lowlands and meet help. It wasn't safe to stay up in the mountains with the threat of a blizzard looming over their heads. So slowly, at a snail's pace, Koda and his 'uncle' carefully moved down the heights. It was a laborious process, and with blood-loss and an empty stomach Koda frequently had to stop to sit and catch his breath just so things would stop spinning.

Enough of Koda's reason had returned for him to fully appreciate how utterly confusing everything was. How the wolf, Shade, seemed to know him was a mystery in itself, and there was the matter of his complete inability to recall how he had gotten injured, how he had ended up in the mountains. He clearly remembered traveling through the spring and early summer... And now it was winter. What had even happened to fall?

It was dawning on Koda that however he'd hurt his head must have caused some holes in his memory, though he had yet to find out how extensive of a hole was. Had he forgotten months? Years? Moving slowly in silence at Cisco's side, his mind was churning, as if sheer will would fill in the missing pieces. "Cisco," he began, his deep voice thoughtful, "How long have you..." He didn't finish the question, the scent and sound of another wolf heading up towards them catching his attention as he came to a stop to let her approach.

Koda blinked, unsure, as the russet she-wolf moved towards him with her head low. He hadn't done anything deserving of her reverence, and he began to glance to Cisco to see if the old wolf knew her but before he could the female licked at his chin. Such respect was normally reserved for alphas, but Shade's words from the other day rung somewhere in Koda's memory. If only he could have paid attention to what had been said! He had dismissed most of what he'd heard as figments of his imagination, but he was beginning to wonder what of it had been true.

Internally he was a bit bewildered, but he smiled at the woman regardless, giving a nod to her in greeting. His smile broadened a little wider when she gave him her name for his benefit, but he wondered if it was one he should have known already. Thank you, Tempest. I'm... not entirely sure where 'home' is, but it will surely be better than up in these lonely foothills."

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Jen who has 28 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cisco Moriel
Cisco worried for his young friend. They'd waited a bit for help to come, but apparently it was farthur away than he thought. There was the threat of a winter blizzard in the air and if they were caught out in the open if it hit, he knew that both of their chances were slim. So they trudged slowly on, him doing his best to support Koda, but the younger wolf was still in his prime and quite stout. Cisco had never been a thick muscular wolf, tending more towards the long lean lines of a runner, so the going was slow to say the least. When they stopped to rest, the older wolf was torn. They both needed food, but with him helping Koda along, the both also needed the rest. He resolved that the next stop, he would simply have to force his old bones back into action and hopefully catch something to sustain them. Or at least enough for Koda.

As they walked, his young friend turned to him and asked, "Cisco? How long have you..." His voice trailed off though as they both heard someone approaching. He turned with Koda to see a large russet female approaching, with her head low and making a beeline for Koda. If she hadn't been so obviously sub-servant, Cisco might have objected to her steady approach. But she crouched low, licking Koda's muzzle and Cisco was more sure than ever that Koda was indeed alpha somewhere. No one but a pack mate would treat a badly injured and totally defenseless wolf with respect and devotion. Tempest. She offered her name after claiming to be there to help him home. She hardly even spared a glance at him, being more concerned with her leader.

He took a couple small steps back in respect as she greeted Koda. When he answered her back, claiming to be more than ready to get away from the foothills, Cisco relaxed a bit. He would not leave Koda's side and he'd be glad for the help. He just hoped the very capable looking fae felt the same about him! When they'd finished speaking, he greeted her. "Hello, Tempest. I'm Cisco, an old family friend of Koda's." He paused for a moment, not wanting to impose on the girl but Koda needed food badly and he himself was running on fumes. "I know that we've just met and we need to get Koda to a Healer as soon as possible, but....Do you think that you might be able to catch us some food? Neither of us has eaten in several days," he admitted. He hadn't left Koda's side, literally, while he went in and out of consciousness and by the time that they could move, the deer carcass had been picked clean by a myriad of scavengers.
(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2013, 06:53 PM by Cisco.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
(This post contains a bit of PP and some time skipping with Jen's permission. In this post they leave the mountains and arrive at Willow Ridge)

The journey further down the slopes was made much easier by the meal that now rested in Koda's belly. It was amazing what a bit of food could do, and though his head still ached and his back still twinged, the world felt much steadier and his footing just a bit more sure. Koda thought it was awful generous of the russet woman to have caught food for them, even if it only amounted to a few mouthfuls of snowshoe hare. He supposed her kindness did make sense, as she was apparently a pack mate of his, and she knew him even if he could not place her anywhere in his memory. It was with profuse thanks that he had wolfed down the food, before following the female as she lead him 'home'.

The land grew warmer and the trees began to dominate as the trio progressed down the heights. Mostly, Koda was in awe, even in winter it was a lovely place, and the ground sang to him through his paws even if his eyes did not recognize any of it. It was clear Tempest knew where she was going, and Koda and Cisco followed quietly in her footsteps as she lead them into a forest dominated by the hanging branches of willows.

As they came to a stop, Koda took a moment to breathe deeply the scents of the snowy forest. Thick braids of the scents of many wolves ran across the territory, a pack. Strangely enough, he could detect his own odor, a faint whisper beneath the others. It had been hard to believe that he knew Shade or Tempest, hard to swallow that he had had a life in this unknown land. Yet here stood the evidence of his presence. He glanced to Cisco, then Tempest, a small glimmer of understanding shining through the confusion that had dominated his expression the past few days.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Since I am probably not going to have time to post Nina again...Vami will PP her, if I don't get the chance to post. I hope it is okay, that I jump in now. <3 Kydnt, I was listening to Scarborough Fair when I was writing this.
-----------

She had been more than happy to accept Elettra’s offer to let her stay within Willow Ridge for the night. She had already been exhausted from her two day trip from the thickets. The alliance had finally been put into place, since Elettra had helped the golden girl she had owed much to the royal blood. Unfortunately, upon her arrival, there had still been no word on Koda, he was still missing in action and therefore, still highly injured. It had thrown Nina out of her normal state of mind, and relief had been shed to her brain to have a place of solitude to rest for the night. She was now making her way back towards the borders though, ready to make her way back towards Secret Woodlands. Her path was stopped when a howl from a good friend of hers, cut through the willows. She definitely wanted to go back home, but Elettra had said that Tempest had gone to look for Koda. Had she found something?

Her heart pounded heavily in her chest as she made her way towards where the call had sounded, her golden ears pricked forward as she weaved her way through the territory she already knew well enough. When Nina had been healed by Elettra, the alpha had stayed within the Willow Ridge pack and after she had healed she had returned back home to the Springs. Even though, then, she had not had much success with her healing of her leg, but then when the possibility of having a pack arose, she found use to her healed leg, and Nina had the Willow leader to thank for that. She felt kind of bad…showing up in front of Tempest within her own territory, it gave her the chills, and Nina could only hope that the mark of Elettra’s scent was still fresh on her pelt. It was like a pass into the territory, and when she arrived, there was one unfamiliar wolf to her. She nodded to him briefly, before her good eye looked back towards the other gathered forms. There was Tempest and….Koda.

Her heart swelled at the sight of him, and when her striking emerald eye took in the site of his bump on his head, she swallowed, her head tilting slightly to the side. Shade had said that Koda had suffered from memory loss and now Nina understood why he was suffering from it. Where he had hit his head…that had been the side of the brain that stored memories and held them close, but that had been what her teacher had said, way back when she had been training to become a healer. She was not exactly sure, but she did hold onto the lesson and she remembered it. She swallowed the tears that were threatening to break out in front of the pair, her good eye filled with the love and pain she was feeling. And for the first time in awhile she stuttered, she seemed to do so all the time when she was around him, "Ko-Koda…I am not su-sure if you remember me. I-I am Nina Re-Reinier." She hadn’t even realized that she had used his own name, having used it for her introductions ever since she had been attacked by her brother. A small worried frown was just noticeable on her face as she looked at the one who she had wished to spend her time with when they had been separated. She did not even know what was to come of them now.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Jen who has 71 posts.
Inactive VII. Subordinate
Tempest Thorben

Tempest had set a slow pace to account for Koda's injuries and subsequent weakness. He'd seemed more than grateful for the scant food that she'd been able to provide as had the older male, Cisco. She had let the two males split the food, as she was hardly hungry and they needed it more. There would be plenty in the caches for her when they got home and once she was rested, she would replenish them as was her job.

As they traveled, Tempest found her mind wandering, trying to predict what might be the outcome of such an event. Surely, Koda could not lead with no memory, either here or with Nina, could he? It didn't seem likely, but she'd done her part and was bringing him home. She was no Healer. Elettra would know what to do, she thought with confidence in her regal leader. Despite the slow pace, the miles disappeared and they were soon nearing the strongly marked borders of Willow Ridge. Satisfied that she'd succeeded, Tempest lifted her cream and russet muzzle and let her howl of homecoming hang in the air for long moments. When the call faded away she looked first at Koda, who still appeared befuddled and then at Cisco, who seemed relatively calm although he fidgeted a bit as they waited in silence.

It didn't take long at all for the first wolf to appear over the borders, but it was not @Elettra, or even her own brother, @Guiness. It was none other than Koda's true mate, Nina. Why she was appearing from withing Willow Ridge borders, Tempest had no clue, but she smelled fairly strongly of Elettra, so her alphess knew that she was here and had welcomed her. She tipped her head respectfully at the other female and gave her a supportive smile when she saw the powerful emotion that the other fae was barely holding in check as she greeted her beloved...who didn't even know her...

The Calm in the Storm
Played by Jen who has 28 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cisco Moriel
Cisco had followed behind the Ridge woman, trusting her to do what he could not. Get Koda home. The rabbit that she'd caught, she gave to him and Koda and the old male had felt a strong twist of guilt as he ate what should rightfully have been hers. Had she eaten as well, it wouldn't have bothered him, but he was hungry and somewhat weak himself after several days with no food so he ate what she offered. The trio passed a couple of small streams that had not frozen over along the way and the cold water did even more to refresh his old bones than the meat had.

He helped Koda when he needed it, offering his lean shoulder to lean on. All of them said little more than the bare necessities, since they were so focused on their end goal and the trip took all of his and Koda's energy, it seemed. The large fae fared far better being of a sound young form. When they came to a stop, Cisco almost missed the cue and nearly walked into Tempest. Ducking his head slightly in embarrassment, he backed back up to stand at Koda's side. He cast anxious brown eyes on his young friend. He still appeared dazed and Cisco worried how bad the damage might be. Hopefully the leadess, Elettra, would be well skilled and help him regain his memory.

Tempest had called out to her family, announcing the return of their alpha. It wasn't long before a golden brown fae appeared, smaller than any of them, but her behavior didn't speak of leadess as she approached. She gave him a brief look, to which he returned a small smile. What he didn't understand was, if Koda was the alpha and this new fae was not, then what right did she have to look at him the way that she was? Her sorrow shown through and he felt his heart break even as hers seemed to, but why was she acting so ....lovesick? With a mental shake, he pushed his question away for another time, as Tempest didn't seem to be perplexed by it.

He continued to shift from foot to foot, feeling foolish for growing nervous at the thought of the leadess tha might soon approach. He had already thought about it on the way here and he knew that he would ask for entrance, if only to be near Koda. If it wasn't granted, then he would remain on the outskirts happily. Either way, he went where Koda went.

(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2013, 06:42 PM by Cisco.)
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
When she arrived, she was stilled. Having followed the call, the scent of Koda toying with her nose, she had rushed as fast as her long, sturdy limbs could possibly allow for her. To the boarders of her home, she had rushed, only to be stilled at the sight of Koda. Even from here, she could see his degree of cuts and bruises, the swollen portion of his skull where it had struck hard against the rock face when he fell. Already her mind turned for anything, everything she could think of to help him, but knowing full well that only time and patience might allow a possibility of memory recover. This was not of herbs, but patience, to move around with Koda and speak of, show him, anything and everything that might have the capability of jogging his memory and when this was found, work with this constantly to further open the door. Though Elettra knew of these basics, she had never had to deal with the situation first-handed which left her at much loss now.
"Koda..." The name whispered from her grey rimmed lips as she slowly approached, though keeping much distance between them. Oh, she wanted to rush to his side, touch her muzzle to his nape and make sure he was real. She wanted to examine his head closely, search him out for larger, more serious wounds then the obvious head trauma. Through it all however, she stayed back. He was confused, injured, vulnerable, all which could make a wolf react in physical manners with ether fight or flight and having only just gotten him back, Elettra was not willing to take any risks. "My name is Elettra Archer, Leader of Willow Ridge." The need to speak formerly bites at her tongue but it was needed if it was true he knew nothing of his time here in Relic Lore at all. "I am a healer..." Though this would mean little in his case, but something she was not willing to admit openly to everyone. "Would you follow Nina and I to my Infirmary? I'd like to treat your wounds and I have much question on your jogged memory...." Her eyes sweep to the unknown man then questioningly, wondering why he was here and whom he was to Koda. This was a manner for the pack and Koda's mate though perhaps he had reason of tagging along? Elettra awaited his response before turning over her attentions to Tempest. "Cisco may enter the territory but stay clear of the den and caches. I'd like for you to keep an eye on him until this is all settled." Of course, Tempest was training to be a healer, another fisherman even still, though surely Tempest had enough physical capability to take this rogue down if need be.
(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2013, 11:41 PM by Elettra.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Tempest called for her leader, and it wasn't long until the steady rhythm of paws was heard coming towards the small group. From within the forest a golden female appeared, and Koda's breath caught in his throat at the sight of her. There was something beyond her single emerald eye and gilded fur that called to him, an echo, a ripple of a memory that was just out of reach of his hazy grasp.

Something bid him to repeat her name as she said it. "Nina..." He said quietly, almost to himself, letting the sounds roll smoothly, naturally off of his tongue. He wasn't sure what about it struck him so, but it was simply perfection. It did not pass him that his surname followed her own name, and a small, pained smile pulled at the corner of his lips. If he was a supposed leader from what Shade had said, was Nina then his mate? He could feel something tugging at his heart, and he wanted this to be true. His mind could not bring her up from it's depths, but his heart did know her. Yet there was still the seed of doubt as to whether his injured brain was playing cruel tricks on him, and if he was feeling a link if there really had been none.

He looked into her green eye for a long moment, finally venturing a single step forward. He wanted to close the distance, fill the space at her side, where he should be but the hasty approach of another, a silver tinged black female held him in place. It appeared that the dark, regal woman was the true leader of the willows, which only caused more confusion for Koda. Maybe it was something about her her cool composure that made it difficult, but he did not feel the connection to Elettra, the way he had Nina.

He nodded at Elettra's sensible request to take him to the infirmary, glad that Nina would be coming with but a little disappointed that Cisco would be staying behind. He had only just rediscovered the man, and it seemed they would soon part, if only just for a short while. "Cisco, I will see you again soon, my friend. And," He turned to Tempest, "Thank you for all your help."

With a hopeful glance towards Nina, he took a few tired steps towards Elettra, a duck of his head signalling he was ready to follow her and Nina.

(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2013, 01:32 AM by Koda.)

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Sorry it's short. On phone.

-----

She took no notice of the other wolves gathered around her, the only one she set her emerald eye on was her mate. The way a part of his head bulged out from where he had hit it the a few days previous. Her heart reached out to him, feeling bad that she couldn't help him any other way, besides taking the pain away. Only herbs could do that though, a simple presence could only cure some emotions. But even the herbs could tamper with the emotions of those around it, depending on the type of remedy it would give to them. He was looking at her, studying her with an odd look on his face and when he muttered her name, it just reached her ears and a cold shiver went up her spine. It was so good to hear his voice and to actually see him in front of her. Worry shown in her good eye and her heart beat sped up. It was not long before the lady of the willows graced their presence. Nodding her head to the woman in greeting and thanks, she listened to her speak. It was odd, seeing how both Elettra and Nina both had to reintroduce themselves to Koda again, as if they had been the ones to forget how to speak and had finally found their voices again. Upon the mention of her name, her ears twitched and she relaxed. Maybe this would make it easier on her stress level.

When Koda politely dipped his head in compliance to what she had said, Nina waited for them all to be in front of her before bringing up the rear. She did not want the creamy male to fall behind them and somehow she found it moving quicker when she was behind them all. When she thought about it, she felt kind of wigged out. Tempest was standing with a loner outside of her territory...while a wolf from another pack traveled from within. She supposed it was for the best, as Elettra and Nina were the better trained healers between the three of them. Her mind raced as she looked at the two wolves in front of her. Both, hopefully, going to have a large effect on her life. The Willow Ridge alpha's fate remained in the paws of El and Nina now and they were going to work their hardest to repair the physical damage done and see just how much of his memory, Koda had lost.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.