Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
supersorry for the wait <3 /fails at life

you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the ICE breaks.
It seemed Jessie was hatching some grand master plan. Play suspicion made his eyes narrow and he turned his gaze upon her, trying to read what he could from her two-toned face and green eyes, but she was all innocence and smiles. But she was definitely up to something. She had that glint in her eye, and the way she'd laughed at his comment about water... unbidden, he recalled a day when Marsh had been meaning to drag him to the river and either drown him or make him catch a fish, and he felt an unexpected pang of loss at the memory. With Marsh on the other side of the mountains, scouting, he'd forgotten the iron shade of his eyes, how they were lit up by the sunlight, the copper highlights and his graying muzzle.. the way his gruff, scarred face relaxed into peace when he fell asleep... Ice's 'brows drew together for a moment, and he tried to fight the memory down. He would meet Marsh soon enough again.

"Yes, I know.. Eh, you don't know?" Ice's muzzle wrinkled. He wasn't sure if he knew, really, though he had been able to catch a few fish and waterfowl when playing with the cubs last summer... But coming from a land of ice and snow he'd mostly hunted reindeer and lemmings, and fish just tasted.. odd. And was this nostalgia day or something? The first time he'd been alone with Triell they'd ended up in the creek, and Triell had given him a fish, but it tasted.. strange. He didn't dislike it as much anymore, so he guessed the black wolf had made some headway with him over the years. But Triell, too, was on the other side of the mountains. "We live by a river," he said with a small shrug, trying to chase away the sadness and find the brightness of the moment again. "We do fish, but not all of us like it." He wrinkled his nose again.

"I prefer being on dry land," and he let his gaze narrow again and slide to Jessie, wondering what she was up to...
.ice aesir
let the stars above shine in your soul
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She waited anxiously, as if she were about to jump out of her own fur, as she waited for an answer. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Ice looking at her suspiciously, trying to figure up what she was up to. In her opinion, it was obviously nothing to be worried about; she just wanted someone who would be able to fish with her. She had not been able to practice the art much since she had entered Relic Lore and now she was hoping that this male would aid her in the skill. When he did speak, it took her a moment to realize what he had said and for the first time in months excitement leaked into her emerald eyes. Tail wagging behind her at a fast pace, she let a small smile form on her face. Aside from rabbit and deer, fish were her favorite thing to eat, and she had not had any of the little critters since she had joined Swift River…with a river right in front of her face!

Letting her mouth open, she spoke quickly to Belun, "That’s great! Maybe one day we can hunt together." After she spoke, she threw a haughty look in her snowball’s direction. "And maybe if I can get this big ass to stop being a wimp, then maybe he’ll fish with us." She let her smile turn into a full out grin, waiting to see her alpha’s reaction to her words, if she would even get one out of him. She let her tail fall back on the ground at their feet and her ears to prick forward, just in case any other important words were going to be uttered.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Fenrir who has 639 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ice Aesir
you do not know who is your friend
or who is your enemy
until the ICE breaks.
[ not sure Belun is returning, been 8 days since the activity check and no sign of reactivation. gonna wrap this up, either archive or make a last post Lightningface <3 ]

They could hunt together. Ice, as he listened, put a lot of mental emphasis on they, and not we. He had no intention of standing with cold water up to his belly, plunging his mouth into the icy stream and hoping to feel scale and loose flesh between his teeth. Fish didn't even taste well, their fins tickled and their tails wriggled and slapped around like crazy - he'd seen Triell fish, and kind of helped out a time or two (mostly by sitting in the water feeling miserable), and had no real interest in learning it. Deer tasted better, and didn't involve water. But, obviously Jessie had intended to include him in the we, calling him a wimp. Well. Good luck with that. In mock disdain he turned his black nose up in the air and sniffed. "Some of us have an interest not to drown," he said in a posh voice, and swept to his feet in a flurry of white.

A grin played around his face, frontlegs stretching out and lowering him into a bow; his tail wagged harmlessly and he yawned, showing of all his teeth, before straightening up and giving himself a shake. "Jokes aside, I wish you the best of luck in convincing me to fish. I am quite stubborn." A small step brought him to Jessie's side, tongue brushing along the base of her ear before he gave a nod to Belun. "I'll see you around," he said amiably before starting to walk away into the forest, to continue patrolling his borders.. strange as it felt to think of them that way, but it was now his duty to make sure they stank of, well, him and Corinna. He couldn't let some of the other males out-scratch or out-pee him in the border control, stars, no.

.ice aesir
let the stars above shine in your soul
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

At Ice’s small show towards her words, she couldn’t help but smirk, a playful, amused gleam in her eyes as her gray tail wagged behind her. For once she was content…happy to be with the pack mates around her. She could only hope that Belun would not prove the pack wrong like so many others had. With his words about trying to convince him, Jessie knew she would figure something out, whether it is forceful or actually convincing him, she did not know yet…but she could figure something out. Upon his departure and his lick to her head, she planted a small kiss to his cheek, watching as he left and dipping her head in respect for her alpha. He deserved the position more than anyone within the pack, and she knew that he would not let them down. Not like everyone else had.

Turning her head then towards their newest member, she let a small placid smile cross upon her lips. It was time for her to depart as well…get back to hunting so that the caches would not get too low. Flicking her tail, she nodded to him politely before saying, "I also have to go. I hope you like it here. Give a howl if you need anything." Wagging her tail behind her, she then turned on her heel and headed deeper into the grove, her emerald eyes gleaming with what could be called happiness. Everything was getting calmer (for her at least) and she knew that things could only get better from there. She would not always look at the positives, but it was a good place to start. Not everything could turn out the way she really wanted to. That was just a life lesson that everyone had to learn.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]