kill the boy, let the man be born — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
never forget who you are
fenru tainn
for surely the world will not

Corinna affectionately returned the gesture, licking his cheek before telling him that she would be there for him, just as she always had been. His heart gave a small leap, glad the conversation had progressed as it had, all the rough edges smoothing out just enough so that both mother and son could see eye to eye. A docile whine left his throat, shortly whistled through his nostrils while he gently grazed the top of his muzzle to her chin again, thankful to say the very least. She continued to inform him that Swift River was her home also, that it had been even longer than it had been his. To this, he tilted his head curiously with one raised brow.

The boy caught sight of her smirk and he righted the angle of his skull, smiling faintly as his tail rose once then fell back down. The Grove was haunted in his opinion... How many souls had he parted with now? Both missing and deceased? He tried to count them quickly in his head - Prosper, Rihael, Torrel, Indru, Rissa... Five? Five felt like a lot... but then there were those whom he simply just hadn't seen in several months: his Uncle Triell, Uncle Marsh, and Arlette Lyall among several others who had come and gone through the pack and its resources.

"Yeah," he eventually agreed with a small nod of his head. "To start over again would be good." Fenru lovingly nibbled at her ears, finally able to muster up a more genuine smile. He would do his best to obey Corinna's request, to explore to his heart's content but be ever mindful of just how far he wandered if he ever thought of it. It still left a bitter taste in his mouth but at least he was allowed his freedom, no matter how limiting it was. "I'll be just within earshot for sure," he affirmed again. "But, um, I promised Ice I would see to the rest of borders on this side of the territory. I just couldn't stop thinking of it anymore..." He sniffed thoughtfully as he paused, still gazing at her rather sadly, "Thank you for coming." A trace of his smile resurfaced, "You always know exactly what to say when I need to hear it... Thank you." Another touch of his nose to her cheek. "I love you, Mum... so very, very, very much."

FENRU TAINN
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata
We can archive this now or you can do a final post if you'd like, up to you <3 @Fenru

Gone Tomorrow

Corinna did not have a clue as to what would be waiting for her when she answered Fenru's howl. The genuine smile that always graced Corinna's lips at the thought of her youngest, and only remaining son, had been present when she had first arrived. Their harsh words had wiped that smile from her face - her emotions doing a quick 180 inside her. But the initial tensions had faded, and that smile had returned, and Corinna's heart did not seem to beat so fast. Fenru's tenseness seemed to disappear as well, and the whine that slipped out was friendly enough that it demanded a slight wag of her tail in response.

Her son's affirmation that starting over again might be a good idea was encouragement enough for her to want to consider it more carefully. Her children's support was what she craved most - nevermind the added bonus of keeping Fenru close while he explored, as he could explore along with the rest of them, wherever they decided to go. It would not be enough, she knew, but his promise of keeping within ear shot was more than enough to keep her calm. Nuzzling him in return, Cori's smile returned fully, her tail wagging as he spoke. "I love you too, Fenru," she cooed back, her voice low and quiet. She didn't always say the right things, they both knew that, but she had tried to do her best. "Now go on. Check the borders and then go. We'll be waiting for you when you return." Giving his nose a nudge with her own, pushing it away from her and towards the opposite direction where the borders lay, Corinna watched him with a half-smile. He would be fine and do her proud, of that she had no doubts. She would worry, but what mother wouldn't? But it was out of her hands now, and she would wait with her worry until her son returned safely.

(This post was last modified: May 29, 2013, 11:00 PM by Corinna.)