Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

"If you understand an obsession then you know you won't change my mind."

--Angier; The Prestige

- - -

April 5th; Afternoon; Just beyond WR territory markers(?); Partly Cloudy; 16° F/-9° C.

Since his meeting with Elettra, Angier Lyall had sorted everything out in his head, or at least... attempted to. All he knew now was this:

1. Elettra was expecting him to show up any day now.
  2. Borden had left in search for Taima, the rebel niece he had originally intended to spirit away in hopes of starting his own pack and family.
  3. Jaysyek was gone, reunited with the sons he had helped transport out of Relic Lore.
  4. His other nieces, Trisden and Calla, were also now in Jaysyek's custody... just as Borden had carefully, painstakingly planned.
  5. Kade Attaya, with his mate Ava, had taken over Grizzly Hollow and he was certain the sable sovereigns would not have any use for him when he returned from making sure his brother had his family intact (aside from Taima).

...and, most importantly, after months and months of healing,
  6. Vlarindara was probably never going to come back.

Granted those six definite facts, Angier was ready to start his new life again. He could feel it in his bones. A few days of preparing himself, resting up and trying to put as much weight back on his skeleton of a frame as he was able. A night's rest at the borders of the marsh, comfortably camouflaged against what remained of the tan and beige cattails, and a belly full of voles and mice was enough to bring him halfway to where the trees of Cedarwood Forest and Sacred Grove gave way to make room for the willows that guarded Elettra's realm.

A breakfast of discarded moose innards was enough to fill him up the morning of his official departure from the north. Also having taken time to continually rub himself up against the rough bark of trees and smooth stones in passing, he did his best to not only groom himself (and remove what was left of his winter pelt). He also tried to mark the path he had taken in case Borden, with Taima in tow, returned in time to say one last goodbye. When he came upon the same willow where he had last seen the silver-eyed monarch, he took a deep breath, savoring the thrill that both excitement and anticipation brought with the intention of meeting her back here.

Establishing a proud stance that was neither too forward nor pompous, he waved his tail about at the air behind him and placed an optimistic smile on his face. Bringing his muzzle skyward, he sang for @Elettra, the woman who would hopefully be the last leader he would ever serve...

ANGIER LYALL
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.
(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2013, 02:18 AM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She walks slowly, smoothly along the paths of her homeland, a sparse forestry of willow trees, dotting an area that edged the lagoon, all the way up to the foothills of the mountainside. She claims this place as her own, more to the western side where the lands become a it rocky, for which the Ridge had been found and claimed. There is an odd acceptance in her for all which had happened during the winter and early spring, which still bit now with a cold chill this afternoon. She shook herself out, shedding loose grey under hairs in her wake as the curvy (now much curvier) woman trailed along aimlessly. The Willow Ridge pack had been poorly reduced with accident, abandonment, mia wolves and accepted leaves all the like. They had lost warriors, scouts, and most importantly to her twisting gut - hunters. It was she, with an absent Second male and equally absent Leader, who ruled this land. It was she who walked with weary, tired limbs and a never ending hunger. Would no man be fitting at her side, mate or not, to balance the leadership of Willow Ridge?
...And the Angier Lyall's song echoed to her over the horizon. Maybe this was all doomed to failure upon a shared feeling of commitment issues. Perhaps Elettra was only second best to Vlarindara. Perhaps Angier was only second best to Phineas, Ruiko, Alexander...or any whom had remotely crossed her interested, for nothing close to love had ever crossed her mind since the first. It was a game they were playing, but if anything, if Angier could not prove himself to harbor the abilities of a mate, a packmate was just as well.
She strides to him, first to arrive as she approaches the same willow tree they had met lastly, her steps heavy with the extra weight she carried. Half way through her pregnancy already, she was will rounded with pups and already eager for the creatures sucking away her energy to be out of her. The first and only time before this that she had been pregnant, she was secured away in a den so that none may see her with shame of the pups she carried. She was forced to eat to keep up her strength, forced to keep from aborting her pups to not risk harm to her own body in the process, as well as forced to watch the children taken from her one by one to be executed there after. Again, she birthed children that were by far spawned from what others might call a 'worthy man', but they were worthy enough to her. Given to her by her undying servant, pledged to be Archers to lengthen not a man's title, but her own. Taking in a deep breath, she stops before the very veil she had separated she and Angier before, her pale attention as cool and eerie as usual, though an obvious tiredness upon her. "You've returned."
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

He had thought about waiting for her underneath the canopy of the monumental willow but opted to stand beside it with the afternoon sun beating on his tawny shoulders and back when it made its appearance from behind a cloud. Pale gold eyes immediately sought out any sort of movement in the forest around him but when the matriarch appeared, his gaze became less intense. He wasn't sure why but he expected her silvery eyes to light up at the sight of him. Elettra's greeting, her bone-chilling stare and the apparent weariness in her gait and posture, was what he received in return in addition to the acknowledgement of his return.

"I have," he replied. "And hopefully this'll be the last time you'll have to say those two words to me." He scanned over her, taking in her curves, the sheen on her newly refreshed spring pelt. "I hope I didn't bring ya far from where you were resting or what you were previously doing?" It occurred to him that he had forgotten to bring his usual gift and token again and his ears lowered knowingly, wanting and yearning her to say something more. "It suits you, you know," he said quietly, still smiling. "You're even more beautiful in sunlight than in shadow."

The corners of his mouth twitched upward and his tail managed a gentle wave, "Now that I am here, m'lady, I am at your disposal. Whatever you require of me, I... I'm ready to attend to you and your needs."

ANGIER LYALL

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She smirks, however faint as the corners of her lips turn up, her body shifting, moving to arc along the body of the tree, more face to face with this man who finally, she would call a member of her pack. "I hope." She responds to his first comment. This time he would not come and go to offer a fleeting bit of advisory to her, or to offer small gift of hare or herb. He would be joining her now and thus, a continual presence in her life. But he had mentioned his wanderlust, a flickering feeling which Elettra often held. He would have his opportunity for time to himself, to wonder the lands of the Lore as he enjoyed, much as she (when not tied down by pregnancy) did when she had the spare time and trusted members (and Leader at her side) to watch her home. Angier was a Botanist of sorts, as she, and the need for healing herbs caused them to have to travel to the locations to find them. She hoped that this would be enough to slate his lust and when he did venture, it was not for long and still with the intention of return.
"Only stretching my limbs...." She mentions, now allowing herself to sit to rest, the sun at her backside, the darkest of her body savor the black mask of her face and ever deeper colored ears which flickered to his voice. Where the moon and star light was far to dim to catch the assents of color she held, making her seem as far darker woman then she was, the sun caught the highlights of her pelt. Much more silver and grey at her throat and chest. She was just as much silver as she was black, with the sun shining the gold which edged along the length of her torso, sprinkling at her cheeks and forehead. He comments on this now, her smirk morphing into an honest smile, accepting of it, though uncertain of how to respond to it. Perhaps it was modesty, or lack of belief to her own beauty where for long tradition had taught her the paler, slider women were more beautiful. Though her parents were not slaves to such a custom, much of the pack had lived under a ruling and many had still followed it.
The subject changes with Angier's next comment. Fleeing from the compliments of a possible suitor, to a devote servant of the pack. A seriousness takes her, though still there is an air of comfort as she remains seated and relaxed before him. "We lost quite a few members over the winter and beginning of spring, a few guardians, one of which was our founding Leader. We lost even more good hunters, one of which left on good terms with intent to form a pack of her own with her new mate. Another huntress abandoned us with the male who was next to step up as Lead. They left without word, a treachery still sour on my tongue...." She trails off a bit, a sigh taking her. "We need good hunters, but I feel you've earned your right as any in the pack to take the task you please. Healer, perhaps?" He had shown wit in knowledge of herbs to show he could be this. Though he had also brought food, proving a well hunter. His size alone could likely mean the sheer bulk for a fight. But what was it he truly held interest?
(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2013, 11:14 PM by Elettra.)
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
halppp... I don't know what Angier is doing with his liiiife. xc
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

He took her in thoughtfully, continuing to admire her as bits of sunbeam beat against her dark coat, highlighting what the moon could not and bringing to his attention what shadow and the darkness of night had hidden from him. The appearance of her smile made his broaden. Oh, how he had secretly loved her little smirks... His tail had grown still, lowered even as she came to rest before him, but it continued to slowly wag in a genial fashion, a simple gesture that outwardly told her that he was pleased to be hers at last.

What she said next caught his full attention. In a matter of seconds he was caught up. Her pack had suffer losses in the sense that wolves among her ranks had gone to seek other agendas apart from their sworn duties. Even the man who had once stood at Elettra's side had gone missing. A sort of subdued rage swelled in his chest. That was uncalled for. His brow wrinkled as he continued to listen patiently to her, his pale eyes watching her jaws open and close, her words comprehended with ease from his utmost awareness of being in the present with her. Most notably, hunters within the pack had deserted her; and, a part of him was glad to at least see that his future superior was still in moderate health despite their absence.

Elettra continued on to openly offer him a chance to specifically choose his task, the method and duty in which to serve her. "Perhaps," he answered her, still smiling warmly. "But I am not as practiced as I should be. In all truth, I'll admit I'm much too... gruff to attend to the sick or wounded." Given my 'istory with th' packs of Relic Lore, a number of them will declare me an individualist before anything else. "I'm not too much-a hunter," he admitted. "But I can manage well enough to keep you fed. Rabbits and hare are my specialty, but I'm an excellent tracker in the sense of being able to find my way to a fresh kill site."

He chuckled slightly, shrinking back slightly, "It's not like me t' be so humble 'r modest, I'll admit." After one deep breath and another smile, he brought his gaze to his paws, his tail lifting once before settling at his heels. "My previous packs have all but told me what I am worth to them," he revealed quietly. "I'm merely a survivor, a jack-of-all-trades for lack of a bett'r term." He blinked, falling silent for a while as he tried to sort out his words. "If it is not too much to ask, my Lady, I would like... like to ask you to put me through a series of tests. I feel it would sate my needs to travel, and individual tasks at hand would sufficient in keeping me bound to you."

"I failed initially as messenger but I brought Alexander's children to safety; I hunted for Swift River but split the spoils between my needs and the loyalty I wished to prove to you. Under Borden I was a councilman of sorts, helping him while he planned to move his family to the northwest. When he went to the Mountain in search of his missing daughter, I reunited his sons with Jaysyek and their daughters. He named me as a veritable Keeper. I might have kept them well-looked after but I also kept their trust. I kept my promises to them, kept my nephews from harm, kept them strong... I kept their needs before mine." He sniffed once, something akin to worry and sadness flickering across his tawny face. "I don't know if you have a use for a 'Keeper' or anything of the sort, but I will certainly make you my priority."

ANGIER LYALL

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Firstly he mentions his knowledge of herbs, though perhaps no where near as broad as her own knowledge, though the lack of ability to use them in a face-to-face patient manner. He was the 'nurse', so to speak, where Elettra was the 'doctor'. A hunter, well enough to feed himself and feed her, though not the perfection Narime had grown to become. He mentions he being the very one to deliver Alexander's children to the Hollow, back when Elettra was Second within the pack, taking in the children with an iron paw of protection as though they had been her leader's very own. She remembered these children, remembered Theodore who she could not save... Even the bitter memory of Alexander struck her, though nothing was offered off these thoughts as she continued on to listen. Borden had moved his family to the north west, out of the Relic's reaches, perhaps. They were gone and Elettra did not know why. Jaysyek was gone... without a goodbye. A bitterness touched her, mingling with the sadness, realizing where the woman's feelings towards her truly lie.
A 'jack of all trades'. Elettra had a few of those in her pack she knew of. Though many had picked a specific task to work at within the pack to keep all aspects needed within check, many of them had other abilities all the same. Elettra was a healer, though knew well enough the battle field and as any wolf should, an ability to hunt for themselves. Tempest was a hunter, but equally able for guardianship. Kyrie a healer like herself, but one of the fastest in the pack for the hunt. Phineas was rounded in tracking, guarding and hunting and Sica? He worked a list of his own just the same. Angier would fit in easily, if not specifying himself to a certain task, then doing what he could, where he could - scouting the length of the lands for herbs, bringing rabbit and hare to the pack's caches, offering message out to Willow Ridge allied packs, watching the pups when Elettra needed a break and, of course, protecting their home's markers. Angier considered himself, ....A 'Jack of all trades', and so it shall be."
"I'll keep you on your toes, if this is what you will, though without a set task you'd make your way doing little by little everywhere as needed. You've a freedom to roam for herb, follow through messages I require you to deliver..." If a roaming heart is what he wanted, she offered him the expanse of the land at his feet, if only he keep her in the loop, keep in touch. She would make sure he followed through with his words - her being his first priority and here to attend to her and her needs. "Jaysyek, she has left the Lore, then?" She now questions, making certain that this had happened and with wonder of what had happened to the pack and it's followers in the aftermath.
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2013, 12:44 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

He supposed his charm would work, woo her as he had expected but it surprised him instead how easily she seemed to have taken to the idea of his 'utilitarian' ways. He mustered up a more humble grin, his tail still swaying about again like a banner in a gentle breeze. A dip of his head, the respectful averting of his eyes, and the words he had waited so long to hear were given to him. "...and so it shall be." His ears lowered submissively as if to fully declare his servitude to her.

"I'll keep you on your toes, if this is what you will," she assured him. He fluidly lowered his head even more, his gratitude towards her filling his chest, making it feel like it could burst. "Though without a set task you'd make your way doing little by little everywhere as needed. You've a freedom to roam for herb, follow through messages I require you to deliver..." "Of course," he nodded slowly, his voice merely a whisper in awe of her. "Thank you."

Angier waited for her to continue with words that would make him swear on his life that he would remain loyal to her but a question came instead. "Jaysyek, she has left the Lore, then?" He tipped his muzzle upward just slightly to briefly gaze upon her, to see the sun bathe her silver-touched coat in golden, earthy hues. "Yes," he breathed. "She an' the rest of the family... but, Borden has gone east to the Mountain..." He grimaced slightly, the memories resurfacing. "My niece has gone missing, an' he... he told me I was free to leave. Leave the Hollow for good if I wished it. I wanted to go with 'im but he told me that he didn't need me anymore, told me that I 'ad done my job." His voice trailed off slightly at the end of his sentence, an underlying hint of pain lacing itself beneath his tone.

"That was it," he murmured. "I don't know where they will go or what his plan ultimately was if and when he recovered Taima, but here I am." He gently bit at the sides of his cheeks in thought. "Kade has stepped up to lead in Borden's place," he stated, unsure if she was aware of the fact. "Sibyl and one other have stayed behind to look after him and his new mate."

ANGIER LYALL
(This post was last modified: Apr 11, 2013, 08:01 PM by Angier.)

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
His ears fell, his muzzle dipping low as the man before her, easily larger then she, held himself now in a way to hunch himself below her own sitting level. She smiles, grateful with his own obvious gratefulness. She understood his desire to have the world at his toe tips and would do her best not to hold him down by living a pack life. Though he could not wonder the entirety of the world, she would see to it that he would have the ability to roam Relic Lore, if only he tell her of his plans, mainly if it meant traveling out far along the other side of the mountain slopes. Perhaps, one day, they may even travel together...
He mentioned having wanted to follow his brother, though being objected with saying his job was 'done;. Elettra could not have ever known what this meant: whether Borden had used him for a time as Elettra expected he had done before or whether Borden wished his brother not to stay at his side if only to finally expand on his own, out from the shadow he had lived within for so long. Elettra felt a sudden emotion of 'second best' but smothered it. Borden and Angier were brothers and though it seemed they were at odds more then together, the relationship was something Elettra would not attempt to cross. They were blood, point blank. Elettra was content to never lay eyes on Borden again, lest he prove harmful to the Lyall brother which she did deeply care for - Angier.
'That was it'. And just like that, Jaysyek was gone from her life, taking the love she had for Grizzly Hollow with her. A frown is deeply edged on her face, sharing the pain Angier now felt. He for his brother and she for his brother's mate. Would she ever see Raigo again? Tristen? Sure enough they had been gone from the Hollow far longer then now but without something to return to, would they ever see it fitting to stay again? "I miss her...." It is but the smallest whisper on her breath, likely unknown of who she spoke of as Angier heard the words. She would not miss her in time, but had missed her, for so long. Their last encounter had been anything of a happy note and she feared this sour reminder would stick with her forever.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
no one cares about
the man in the box
the man who disappears

"I miss her...." Her voice barely caught his eardrums but the light pronunciation of the words still made his chestnut ears twitch. He grazed his tongue over his lips and the base of his nose, his brows lifting inquisitively once his lips sealed again. Angier gulped down whatever nervousness was left over from waiting for her, and whatever was left found him realizing that he was surprisingly calm. Borden and the rest of their family would be taken care of, he fully apprehended, and what mattered now, beyond his grief and loss, was his new Leader's well-being.

The Lyall tried to smile, drawing close to touch his nose under her chin. His tail still jerked about at his back. In attempt to pull the frown from her face, he asked quietly as he pulled away, "Are there any ground rules I should be aware of? Anything you'd 'ave me set as a priority?"

A slight tilt of his head and the gesture of his ears subtly turning forward hinted at his renewed interest in becoming her most loyal attendant. His eyes briefly roved over her shapely hips and sides, remembering back to when they last met. The close-lipped smile he had attempted to flaunt a few moments came easily. "After familiarizing m'self with your markers, I can go see what I can muster up fer ya." The lilt in his voice ended on lighter note and the wag of his tail seemed to fully light up the expression on his face. Angier's chest puffed out slightly out of pride and determination, "Anything you have been craving for?"

ANGIER LYALL
(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2013, 06:18 AM by Angier.)

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
He reaches out, lifting her chin once more, causing that frown to turn as he had wishes, the slightest of smirks forming over her lips. When she had first arrived to these lands, touching was certainly something she had not been used to. As the Second of Grizzly Hollow, little went near her much lest touched her, being the Punisher and Judgement behind Jaysyek's rule. At Leadership, she was touched often - at the nape, the shoulder, and even licked at the chin in submissive display. Much time had taken to get her used to this, and now Angier's touch was secretly enjoyed if anything.
Rules? She had not expected the question. He was thorough. She liked thorough. "Our pack rules are as any to be expected - your Leader's word is law, everyone is to show the proper respect to their members beyond dominance within the ranks. Though someone may be lower then you, then harbors no reason to treat them like shit." She speaks with a huff before moving on. "Trespassers are offered tooth and claw with question after. It is not tolerated - at all. Any fool wishing to join our ranks that crosses our boarders is unworthy of joining us. I wish for everyone to hold a pride in being within Willow Ridge and speak of our success freely. Though no one should be caught mentioning our numbers, den location or current weaknesses. There is a lot of competition our there likely to take the advantage. Everyone in this pack knows well enough they will be handed nothing. Everyone works hard to keep their pack safe and strong and work to perfect their chosen task. Lastly," Her teeth grind a moment, a snort coming over her at the thought which this brought up. "Is breeding. It's only natural that the Leader may only breed with his or her chosen mate...." Elettra had yet to chose a mate even if a man stood at her side in ranking - currently MIA at the moment, however. "A couple within the pack had broken this rule this season, betraying their pack by disappearing and never returning." And likely, it was good thing they had not, lest Elettra tear them a new one and see it fit that any else who agreed join in the fray.
She shifts then to the mention then of him seeking her out later this evening - and with food. She tried her most not to eat everything in the pack's caches, for although they had less members to feed they had even less hunters in order to feed them. Skana's leg had been acting up, she had not seen Sica and Kiche in some time and likely Tempest was running herself mad doing the best she could already. Elettra, point blank, was starved. The very thought of having anything she wanted on the menu had her tail waving and without hesitation, she offered Angier the challenge of a catch Elettra had no patience or skill for: "Fish." She was craving it. Odd, granted she much more usually enjoyed the dark meat and thick blood of a larger kill.
She pauses then, shifting on her sitting to look over the man before her, her long ally, her new pack mate. He was a mad certainly built for intimidation, large in body (though still Kasai by far out him in girth, perhaps due to the still slender form Angier held for his height) and near towering in height which could rival Kiche's own tall and lean figure. The sheer power of Phineas and Koda played on her mind and ever more was she happy now that Angier could come in and help mend what the pack had lost. He is a molted mixture of pale timber hues - tan, white, lighter shades of brown and a contrasting black along his spine. Her eyes roam the off-white that edges along the length of his jaw line and cheeks. She'd take him to memory should he ever go, should he ever break the promises he had made as many had done before.