Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
Flashed up in my wildest dreams
the dark red blood streams
Stretching out like vast cracked ice

May 5th; Afternoon; Partly Cloudy; 52° F/11° C

Fenru Tainn was not sure why but the sudden coming and going of the influx of foxes around Relic Lore had him utterly upset and unnerved. All the chattering and the periodic flashes of auburn fur had plagued him in his dreams and all hours of the day. During the week sightings of the pesky vermin had seemingly ceased; whether or not it was because he was purposefully avoiding the grounds where he had initially seen them, he was not so sure. Either way, the youth was glad to have been seemingly rid of them as he went further and further away from his mother's borders.

In a time, a good day or so, Fen had found himself amidst tall gray-barked trees, adorned with crisp white flowers and dark leaves. The sweet perfume, undoubtedly coming from the grove of cherry trees, filled his nostrils and sent his mind spinning until he had temporarily forgotten why he had let his feet take him this far north of Swift River. He collapsed onto his side, feeling the ground give way beneath him as he gazed at the world sideways through half-lidded eyes. His eyesight blurred until his body gave a jolt and he curled up into a trembling circle. He buried his nose between his hind limb and side, trying with all his might to summon from memory everything good to block out the sounds of war.

He had to shut his eyes tight. The sight of the small clusters of white flowers against a dark background called to mind the abstract memory of the rogue leader's teeth, the flash of @Kade's and @Elettra's fangs as they threw themselves at the enemy. In his head the growling continued, the smell of blood recalled even through the perfume of imminent fruit. He trembled and shivered for a time, his breathing becoming ragged he conjured up @Lucero's smile, the way @Kisla had welcomed him home, when @Arlette had come to his borders by mistake... when @Corinna had once praised him for chasing off a coyote.

It had been a month and still everything hurt. It was as if the adrenaline had never left his body and only now was it oozing from his limbs and back down into the earth; the event of its continuous passing leaving his bones stiff, his muscles aching, and his mind scarred beyond repair. The adults and his superiors had done everything to ensure that the wolves of the Aniwaya pack, the plague-bringers and pup-abductors, but it had been more than enough to send Fenru back down to the bottom of the pit where he was sure to drown in his feigned confidence and the suffocating sensation that came with the stunted instincts that should have proven once and for all he was the man he ought to be... for his family, for Rissa, for Kisla, for Corinna, for Ice, and the sake of his own future as an aspiring Guard.

FENRU TAINN
template made by GINNYSAURUS. of RPG-D.
(This post was last modified: May 05, 2013, 10:05 AM by Fenru.)

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall

A r l e t t e

I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, I just wanted to make it there.
Arlette was ready to call it a day. She hadn't thought it would be this hard to go home. The white blossoms that hung above meant she could be there by dark if she hurried, but the white lady hesitated still. A million scenarios in her mind she couldn't force her paws to continue south east to the familiar cedar forest. She had changed, and home must have too. A big part of her was afraid.

The year away had not done her well to say the least. At first it had seemed like the right choice, but now she was so home sick, so lonely she had thought she would run all the way just to get a whiff of something, someone familiar. When she thought about it, to return to her family and see the changes she would be forced to face she felt her chest tighten. There would be new puppies she guessed. Siblings she would want to claim as hers, and yet would hesitate to. Would they claim her? Would they remember the mountain pup they had taken in, and who had left without uttering a good bye? The one who had scolded Kiche, told him she didn't need him either?

The guilt gnawed at her worse than her hungry stomach. Hush, she thought. Nothing made it stop, and her tail limp behind her hocks did not help her mind settle. Prodding herself onward through the orchard, she had come to terms Alexander was her father, but she also knew Borden and Jaysyek would always be her parents too. While she couldn't imagine them disowning her as she had them, the thought clung to her, holding her back from finding out. Oh fear, the one monster she still couldn't face, couldn't kill.

Lips pulled down, an exasperated sigh puffed from her cheeks. If she wasn't going home she should see if there was something worth catching. The last couple weeks were starting to wear on her physical form, a couple hind ribs finding their way against her white coat and she did not want to give anyone more reason to fret. Stopping, she closed her yellow eyes and let her nostrils search the air. There was nothing but the rich cherry blossoms, sweet and carefree trying to sway her, then...well she thought she could smell someone.

Eyes popping open, anxious ears flipped to her skull, and she gave a wary look about. There was no one immediate in her sight, and puzzled expression settled upon her petite face. Her brain knew she had encountered this particular scent, and than it struck her. A black,brown molten pup with fiery eyes who had not liked her running into his home, and yet he had helped her any way. This certainly wasn't Swift River, that she was sure. Instead of worry, a little flash of excitement ignited in her. Fenru! Yes, that was right! Eyes wandered around the dark bark, if to be greeted by his face. The one she had in her mind couldn't possibly match, as that had been long ago when they were still pups. A little rain cloud wanted to dampen her mood again, thinking he wouldn't remember the scared girl who had run from a badger, shoving him into a snow bank. Maybe, the River wolves claimed this as their hunting grounds or something and she shouldn't be here. Conflicted, she took a deep breath and before she could turn around instead she began to follow his trail. How eager she was to see how much his face had changed.

The girl wandered through the trees, she tried to merely focus on the scent deciding it was the best thing she had come across in awhile. Something she knew, and might help her get herself on the right track. When Lettie spied the boy who was quite the large young man she had no idea what to do. There was something off to his scent, he was curled up, pressed against himself. Was he asleep? Remembering their last introduction she didn't want to screw this one up. Jaw shifted crookedly as she tried to decide to wake him, or wait and come back. She would admit she rather wake him, finding someone at last. Gingerly she stepped closer, and felt her tail nervously twitch behind her. "Excuse me," she quietly managed but it barely counted as a whisper. Scooting a little closer, but still a wolf stretch away she tried again. "Fenru?" This time she had found her voice, questioning if it really was the same wolf. It occurred to her it might just be a River wolf she hoped was him, because she was just that desperate now.

(This post was last modified: May 19, 2013, 08:55 PM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

The sound and scent of another, a girl, pulled and tugged at his senses but he did show any sign of acknowledging her until he actually heard her; her voice came to him like a melody, a song accompanied on the mid-spring breeze. "Excuse me?" At first only his free ear twitched, then he rolled over to lay down on his belly, his chin between his ivory forepaws and wrists. His eyes fluttered open at the sound of his name. Her voice was familiar, but he could not place to memory where or why. Something about the lilt in her tone and how she pronounced the two syllables made him blink a few times, his head turning finally to acknowledge her.

The sight before him at first made a gasp seek refuge in his ribcage. Was this an angel? Had he.... Had he died by some sort of internal turmoil he had not foreseen? Before he could even take in the luminescence that made up her pale gold eyes or the white curves that built up her physique, he scanned his surroundings, as if to look for the sight of his corpse. He did not find it though, at his side or in the vicinity just within his eyesight. His jaw dropped when he allowed himself to ogle at her, to stare in awe at her beauty despite her apparent apprehension and doubt.

Wait a minute...

A spark of recognition seemed to literally have lit up his features and he shook his head as though it was a sure-fire way to assure himself that he wasn't dreaming. "Yeah?" he questioned back at her, affirming that he was, in fact, Fenru. His lower jaw lifted to seal his lips again but within a second's passing it was open again and his facial expression morphed into one of suspicion and interest. "I... I know you." His mind threatened to blend the image and memory of the skeletal woman who had launched an attack on the Leaders of Relic Lore over the girl - correction... the young lady - before him, but another shake of his head whisked the notion away. This was not the cub-stealer... This was not Lucero. She was definitely not Cali... Aunt Borlla? No... Aunt Borlla, he was somewhat sure, would have looked and sounded much more mature.

Then out of the blue, just in time, the answer struck him, and he shakily got to his feet, only to stagger to one side and sit back down again, his body leaning to one side. To her, he might have looked odd, but for the time being he was certain that by the way he was sitting, the world was right... level in his eyes. A rather delusional smile settled beneath his mask, his nostrils flaring to try and replace her scent to the memory of her face, "And... A-and you're Arlette.... Arlette?" He might have questioned her name as though he wasn't exactly sure it was indeed her... but the thumping of his tail at his side said otherwise. He was happy to have met her again after all this time in wondering what had happened to the daughter of Grizzly Hollow, his first ally.

FENRU TAINN

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
lettie muse just got away with me :X

A r l e t t e

I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, I just wanted to make it there.
Arlette always tried to be braver than she was, but could she make her voice louder this one time? No, she couldn't get anything else to come out of her mouth when he stirred if only pestered by the buzz of a fly. Shoulders falling in time with her ears, perhaps he wasn't worth waking up. Or he needed the rest? Freezing her toes to the ground to make herself stay, wait she told herself. She really did have all the time in the world, and would like to know something of her old home. She couldn't help the frown that skewed her lips, perhaps it was not Fenru. Light concern, mixed hope lit her face. Rihael? The brother she had met who could have likely passed as his twin. Before she could try that name, apologize he opened his sunset colored eyes. Staring into them she suddenly didn't doubt it was the same boy, err Fenru. But..was he okay? Brows etched with worry, making her pale brows touch together. He was looking at her like...like she was ghost or something.... Uncomfortable she blinked, maybe this wasn't a good idea.

If Lettie thought his stare was hard to stand, he took it up a notch. A brightness striking his features, if she had some how ignited it. Instead of seeing it as something good she was questioning if this was his way of getting revenge after all this time. The year had made her a bit more distrustful. What really caught her was all he could say was yeah, as if they had been having a casual conversation and he had fallen asleep before she had finished talking.

Oh..he was answering to Fenru, and immediately a smile warmed her muzzle. It was little more enthusiastic than she liked so she toned it down hoping he didn't notice. When the young man's expression changed again her smile dropped out of sight because she was suddenly worried if he was remembering the first encounter, his lost bird. Luckily he did not say a word about it, actually he seemed a little dumbfounded admitting he knew her. Maybe, he only remembered her face, her name, her scent. Lettie decided she wouldn't let that disappoint her. She was so happy to be Arlette Lyall again. Though, when he swayed if to come a little closer she had to really put weight into her paws, hold steady to where she stood.Thankfully he didn't try to come near he sat crooked. But..his smile had her eyes suspicious, trying to see malice. There was none, and she let herself believe just the tiniest piece of her heart, that he was glad to see her. Why, she wouldn't question at the time.

Letting air enter her nostrils, she let it puff inside her chest. Happily, she bobbed her head to his query. "Yes, Arlette Lyall of Grizzly Hollow," she assured him, not bothering to hide the wide smile that encased her black lips by the words she had spoken. She was overwhelmed to be known for who she was, instead of that girl. If a reunion with an acquaintance gave her this sorta of high, what would it be like to return home again?

When her yellow eyes took a moment to take him in besides the fact he sat crooked something was off. A whine she couldn't control caught in her throat. "I..I'm sorry I woke you, but I...I haven't seen a friendly face in a while and.."What? I had to just see if it was you because I always wondered what happened to the River pup? Because I've been alone for months. My have you grown. When did you become so dashing? No, she couldn't say that because how awful, how ridiculous it would sound. She still had trouble talking, made worse from those perfectionists. "It's great to see you again Fenru," she fought to recover. Could she just dig a whole and stick her head in it already? She knew she didn't want to say good bye, and quietly pressed her eyelids closed fighting off shyness that felt more like shame. Swiftly she met his vivid orange eyes, and felt some of the tension melt by their warmness.."So..still at the River?" There was a quiet plea in her pale colored irises to stop her now before something else came out.

Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
xC i don't have the dates for when SR will claim their new home, but if anything, the date can/might be revised.

She nodded... Arlette Lyall of Grizzly Hollow nodded. If Fenru had not been so tottery on his feet, he might have considered rushing to her to close the gap between them and telling her how he'd thought of her on numerous occasions since they had first met. Inside his skull he cried out loud, You're okay! You're here! ...you're back. One deep inhale was quick to tell him that she did not carry the scent of cedar trees in her coat as prominently as she should have. An apology and a pleased sentiment later, he found himself trying to straighten his spine, to sit up properly but he simply stretched forward to lay down on his stomach, looking very much like crooked sphinx.

The question she posed next made him stall. "Yeah," was his automatic response, followed by what should have been his trademark smile, but instead he faltered. "I-I mean... er... no." The declaration made him fall quiet for a few moments as he collected himself. "I mean, I'm still with my family, but... we're... we're not in the Grove anymore."

He wondered if he ought to have told her what had happened, but a part of him didn't want to drag her down - she seemed to be a fairly and characteristically skittish still, after all - nor reiterate anything she might have already known (for all he knew, she could have known everything from attending the Leader meeting both Ice and Corinna had gone to a while ago). "It's good to see you too, though," he faintly grinned. "I've... I've missed you." He could feel the heat radiating in his cheeks and he shyly looked away.

Once his eyes lifted from his paws, his gaze went back to her face, recognizing now the familiarity in her eyes and the smooth, flattering shapes of muzzle and forehead. Her fur might have been a bit disheveled and tousled in some places but, in his eyes, she still looked as charming as ever. "H-how..." he had to free himself from the last tendrils stress that had a hold of him. "How about you? What have you... been up to?"

FENRU TAINN

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
okay if you want to go with them moved maybe? or he doesn't have to tell her a thing :P

A r l e t t e

He would probably be able to tell she smelled of nothing, no one but herself. If Arlette could have told him she really hadn't been to the Hollow in ages she would have, but those kind of words would catch in her throat. A problem she wanted to face head first, but had little chance of doing so. She didn't like her emotions getting the best of her. There was something calming, being in his presence, possibly his overall appearance, demeanor. Or was that the cherry blossoms? Sighing, the smile she carried remained, and she scooted a little closer if to steal a bit more easiness. She was wondering how he was comfortable. Something else she held in her cheek.

First she thought there would be no major changes, the way he easily answered. He seemed to realize he had replied to quick. White ears perched on her crown, she probably looked out of place, but she was quite interested, eating up his words. The look on her face was of shock, it went entirely blank. Not in the Grove anymore? That, was strange. What had happened. Anxiety, and bewilderment shaped her pale face. "Why?" The single word came out in a confused, hushed tone. Oh...this was why she had kept her muzzle sealed for so long. Lettie found herself not ducking her eyes, but meeting his gaze more intently, wishing to understand. Wolves moving their pack was no small thing, and it made a new worry settle in her chest.

While her head was still trying to wrap around what that meant, her ear twitched at his careful voice. It really was good to hear words, especially those with a matching grin, in his new voice she wasn't sure she would get use too. The young lady was really struck by his confession. Missed me? She told her heart to quiet, but by his expression it wouldn't. It quickened, made her feel things she had missed, and yet made her want to be made of cold stone. All she could do was stare, a little awed, a little flustered to muster anything in reply. In all if she could say she had missed him too, because she had wondered about him with her siblings, with his brother..what was going on in their part of the world. Struggles, and triumphs while wishing for someone who had been understanding as him. The young lady swallowed, and bashfully smiled back."No more months between visits?" There was a lightness to her voice, trying not to directly say anything.

When she got him to look back at her she felt a little too thrilled she couldn't quite keep her tail still. The question would turn to her, and she stole a second,growing thoughtful of what to say. A lot had happened, and it was a long story. He seemed to want recent news. Was there a good way to put it? "Um, I just got back to Relic Lore actually. I found this new pack. They were pretty nice..but in the end they had some...strange ideas. And.." quietly she let out a little huff, giving him a bit of a serious stare. Daring to scoot closer, she lowered her voice, "I'm only telling you this, but I was....I am home sick. But....I don't know how to go back. I never..let them know I was leaving." It all hung in her chest, in the depths of her eyes how miserable this made her, but by telling him she could feel a bit of it freeing her. Ears pressed back to her skull, waiting rejection or silence.

Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

"Why" she asked. Fenru could not come to terms with why... not yet. Since the pack's move into the Spectral Woods, he had not had the time that he thought he would have had; and, as it stood, he still had not let himself go... to grieve for what he had lost and moved away from. "I... I c-can't talk 'bout it," he revealed, the tenor of his voice cracking mid-sentence as his gaze strayed back to the nails at the ends of his forepaws, "maybe one day, but not now." The corners of his mouth twitched. He had to spare her from it all, what had happened to him, what tragedy had occurred since he had met her along the edges of what had once been his home. It wasn't fair to burden her with his trials, to have her shoulder what still remained of his pain, but it all came pouring out... even after he managed to give her an indirect smile in response to the idea that they, from now on, should keep in touch more often.

"Yeah," he said again, the sadness becoming obvious with every passing second. "I'm glad you're back, but... I'm..." His tail brushed over the forest floor, curving towards his body before resting against his leg. "I'm sorry you've been homesick... Heh, been there... still.... there." He stole a deep breath then released it through his nose, sniffling once as he rested his chin on his right wrist. "Arlette..." His nose scrunched up and he hesitantly sought her gaze again. "Um."

He slowly pushed himself back into a sitting position, much straighter than he had been seated before, then stood up to face her. "Borden is gone." He braced himself, intently scanning every attribute for stress that might rival his own. He knew from small exchanges of conversation and the fact that his sister @Aiyana had gone with the previous Leader of Grizzly Hollow, but he was certain about whether or not Arlette's former pack mates remained on the mid-western end of Relic Lore, "My... My sister left the Lore with him; he said he was taking her to live with his family somewhere to the north. A week's journey away or something like that. I don't know if or when they'll come back." His large ears lowered quietly and he grimaced, his eyebrows angling downward, "I'm sorry."

"I wish I could tell you more, but if you decide to see for yourself and not find what you're looking for, you're more than welcome to come back with me. Only i-if you'd like to, of course."

FENRU TAINN

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
erm sorry Grey and Fenru in advanced.

A r l e t t e

Lettie didn't miss a beat, and slowly nodded her head, understanding. How badly she really wanted to know what he had been through in her absence to make his voice break, sadness etch itself across his face. Maybe, one day... the words echoed in her head, and she mauled them over. Since she did not know him well she wasn't sure how much she could believe him. When she tried to catch his eye, there seemed a lot of reasons why he wouldn't tell her the story. Since his mood had changed so swiftly, she decided it was probably best for her if she didn't hear it today either.

Nothing could shake that dreary feeling he emitted, and her throat felt tight, her chest suddenly heavy. If she was a bit more demanding, courageous she would have tried to pull it from him. Arlette merely soaked it in, holding onto the small bits he spoke, waiting for the words that were so much more.

The young man paused, at last meeting her eyes with his. She didn't like what she saw, but she couldn't flinch away, not even when he stood, taller than her now. "Borden is gone." There was nothing on her face for a moment it was merely frozen. Deep in her chest her heartbeat took on a frantic pace. Arlette was thinking deceased, like the rest of those gone. All she could see what an ever sleeping wolf who had only tried to do what was best for her. White brows suddenly flinched, and she shook her head in rejection, taking some backward steps. Fenru she did not take for a liar, but the words hurt and she wanted to run from them.

No, no, no! She would have cried but her tongue was stone in her mouth, and she realized this was why she had left in the first place. Words she couldn't face. How hard it was not to merely dash out of sight, her legs quivered with her intentions. It was only his voice that truly held her there. Slowly, her triangle ears swayed up she heard the full story. He wasn't dead, but they were not here any more, very likely none of them. This not good news, but better than what she had first assumed.

Tensely her tail twitched, and she possibly stole in a catch of air. His face said how badly he didn't want to tell her, but had decided to break her the news instead of letting her go all that way for...nothing. How that all echoed in her head, if she had not a reason to be here at all. It seemed so ironic she had come from the north for them.

Chin dropped, she didn't know how to feel this very second, and was a little afraid she would crumble. The whole thing didn't make sense, and it had to be the other part of the story. Fenru's kept speaking, and she waited for his voice to drown out, but it didn't. The young lady titled her head upward surprised again. come back with me. The world seemed to move away from her, and she closed her eyes, catching herself. "But.....I..." Was it getting harder to breathe? "I..have to go..." Arlette turned tail, and started trotting because her chest was too tight for her to go faster. She could so out run a panic attack...not. The white wolf convinced herself otherwise, finally trying to steer herself to the cedar forest. No one might be there, how she needed to see it for herself.

(This post was last modified: Jun 03, 2013, 11:53 PM by Arlette.)
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
B'awwww.... these poor babies. LOL. If ya wanna post one more time then I could wrap it all up? <3 I don't think he'd be able to accompany her into Cedarwood (with pack duties needing to be attended to in the new territory and "home front"), so feel free to have Arlette either keep running or dismiss him completely before she leaves? He just has to ask... he missed her.

It all came about in slow motion, as soon as the words left his tongue, he watched her transform. At first there came the shock, the abrupt and sudden comprehension of the information he had just given her, then everything that was the Arlette he knew came crumbling down. "But.....I..." she started, her eyes closing as it felt like she was also placing walls up and around her to keep him out, "I..have to go..." In an instant, she turned away, and with her departure his soul, followed closely by every breath there after, went with her.

Just a few seconds on her tail, he was tearing through the orchard after her, "Arlette! Arlette, wait!" She started heading west and, all at once, his heart sank. "Please, wait!" Though she was merely scurrying along towards where her previous home laid in wait, he tried his best to catch up to her, his sturdy limbs at least keeping him within clear earshot. From what he had learned and realized from the vanquishment of the Aniwaya pack - plague bearers - he knew Kade, and surely she knew Kade and vice versa, would at least entertain her company... granted that they were still there.

It was just rather unfortunate that Fenru Tainn lacked such information and instead of hollering at the top of his lungs to ask her to stop and tell her that there was nothing left, he did the only thing he could have done, something that was absolutely characteristic of the wolf he had been dying to become these past months. "Arlette, stop! Take me with you!" His heart pounded and thumped about in his chest, yearning and aching for nothing more than having his only childhood friend turn around and allow him the chance to redeem himself.

FENRU TAINN

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
that works for me. <3

A r l e t t e

One. Two. Three. One two three. The simple numbers were counted in repeating rhythm for each draw of air she managed. While she couldn't urge her paws to better use against the grass that teased at her ankles she was moving....running away. It felt like a massive raccoon was on her chest, trying to paw her nose and throat, but did she care? No, she didn't even bother to think what would happen when she got to her destination. In fact, she was likely to crash before she got there, something else she wasn't coming to face with.

The blossoms blurring in her yellow eyes, white limbs sluggish, and a voice again yelling for her ears she had to come to terms she should slow down. A determination she had been born with, she did not halt entirely for the Tainn. No, her stride remained a fast walk, almost a march the way her paws slammed to the ground. While it would be cruel to leave him this way, she couldn't handle all of this. She couldn't bear for someone to feel sorry for her, or try to fix what she made wrong. He called again, asking her to at least wait (not stop) she threw herself into the next gear. He would be fine if he went without seeing the lost Hollow girl, he had made it this far. Surely, what else did he have to say?

Ready to break free from the dark bark trees, the fluffy canopies of white and pink, and bright eyes that were much too kind Arlette would miss the perfect opportunity. Why? She couldn't shake how much she did not want to leave him. If by instinct her ears flattened to her skull, almost disappearing while she snapped to a stop. He could not have possible said what she heard. A lowered head, she peered at him disbelieving. Arlette likely had nothing now, and she did not see why he should want to leave his home, his family. The young lady took a long breath, if she was merely soaking up the cheery scent of orchard. Sorrowfully she shook her head in disapproval. "No Fenru, you..you have a home, your family. I..I have to do this alone." How much she wanted to smile at him, but she could not if she was going to get him to leave her...to go back to his own life. Eyes did not have the warmth of daybreak, but a hard coldness as a flower left to freeze in winter. No, they clearly said, her white frame rigid as the mountain as if his company truly was unwanted. There was only one small sign that would give her away, a tiny swallow before she turned, leaving him alone amongst the trees.

(This post was last modified: Jun 04, 2013, 12:07 AM by Arlette.)