718 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu, Chaos

a little rough around the edges — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#81A14A;">
Lessons, that's exactly what he needed right now to get his mind off the nasty two-legs. He was eager to learn what she had thought up for him and wanted to be the best student he could be. Nineteen didn't want the girl to think that he wasn't paying attention to what she was saying, and wanted to show her that he took all of her words to heart. He nodded at her words, brows furrowed as he tried to think of how these wolves paired up with each other. Within his pack the boy never thought about finding a mate in the future; he had been young and naive, and at the time hadn't been interested in girls. Especially considering the only other female he had really known was his sister along with other family members. His parents had chose each other, and some of the other wolves in the pack had chosen their mates, but they never discussed it. Perhaps it had been a talk they were saving to have when he was the age where finding a mate would be beneficial.
Cocking his head the boy glanced over at his friend with curious eyes as they sought to meet her cerulean gems. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"H-how does it w-work here?" He was excited to learn more and fill his head with knowledge that would aide him in whichever pack they decided to go. The boy didn't want to be denied from joining a pack, especially if Anastasia got accepted and he didn't, and wanted to be prepared so they wouldn't treat him like dirt.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Whilst they stood listening to the wind, its tender touch nipping at her guard hairs, she remembered meeting that wolf from Willow Ridge. Sema-something. Regardless of the name, she had been a scout for them and said it was a day’s travel from their current location. Perhaps XIX might feel comfortable going and visiting it with her to get a feel for it—it would be new for both of them. Something they could both discuss and decide on.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“Say that you live within a pack here and you fancy a certain female. You find yourself inevitably attracted to her and you want to be with her—you would then court her.” Now she assumed that she would then have to define ‘courting’ to the yearling which might be a little tough even for Ana to explain. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“Courting basically means that you seek the affections of the woman. You are there for her, bring her gifts, charm here—compliments, etc.” Wow, she was getting flustered just thinking about it. Hoping that one day she would find a guy that volunteered to properly court her instead forcibly take what he saw possession over.
Anastasia also hoped that Nineteen would be able to eventually settle for someone and understand what she meant by all this. To experience it, just as she was just as new to the idea of ‘courting’ as he soon would be. Their time would come as they were still very young and had multiple doors still open to them.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
i totally feel like she's giving him the "birds and the bees" talk omg XD this is so awesome<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#81A14A;">
Due to the boy keeping to himself on his travels away from their den, Lachesis did not know of any of the neighbouring packs. Which, instead of avoiding the feral wolves inhabiting Relic Lore, he should be searching for them and learning about the packs that could possibly take the two of them in one day. His next adventure he took without his cerulean-eyed friend he would devote his time to searching out one of the packs that roamed these lands. He felt guilty leaving all the scouting in Ana's paws — he was fully capable of doing the same, only he lacked the courage that his friend had.
As his pale friend started answering his question he blinked slowly at her words, quickly avoiding her gaze when she went into describing what this "courting" business was.
'You are there for her, bring her gifts, charm her—compliments, etc...'
Wasn't that exactly what he did for her? Sure, the only gifts he brought her were rabbits and squirrels he hunted when he was on his own, but they were still gifts nonetheless. And he was always complimenting her and at her side whenever she needed him... He hadn't even known was this courting-thing was until now, surely he wasn't courting her?! No, that was ridiculous — the boy loved and cared for the blue-eyed girl, but there was no way he was courting her. They were friends — she was his guide in this strange land of Relic Lore, and a companion that would listen to him whenever he needed it.
The boy couldn't help but wonder if maybe she felt as if he was courting her — was that why she was mentioning it?
Don't be ridiculous, Lach.
This was just another one of their lessons, things the boy was going to need to know. She was only explaining these things to him to help him when they joined with one of the local packs, that was all. There was nothing more to it.
With all of his (delusional) thoughts the boy realized that silence fell between them, thickening the air. He nodded in response to show her that he had been listening, and understood what she had said. XIX wasn't quite sure how to respond to what she said, but he understood her words.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
It had not been her intention to make him believe that what he had been doing all along was courting. Although, it certainly did seem like it was right after she had told him. The silence indicated that he was pressing hard upon the topic and thinking carefully. Though it would have been a good idea to add that they were in no way courting one another or anything—no, certainly they weren’t. It would have been far-fetched seeing as they were just friends, companions even. Being ‘together’ like that was simply out of the question and would not be tolerated.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“I, uh, spoke with a member of the one of the packs here yesterday.” It was her initial set-up so that they could talk about something besides the apparently awkward topic of courting. Anastasia hadn’t exactly though that through enough to realize it would be strange to a male yearling, as to her it simply was romantic. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“It’s called Willow Ridge; however, I was not particularly fond of the woman he gave me vague information so I’m not sure it would be the place for us,” and she was being honest so that the two of them would live a life somewhere that actually belonged.
Ana would go on to talk about the arctic wolf she had met who complimented her pretty coat but Kira still hasn’t finished the thread so has no idea was the topic of conversation was really. Once its finished, Anastasia would tell him everything.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
Lachesis exhaled the breath he hadn't realized he had been holding when Ana quickly changed the subject, his eyes once more finding hers once more as she spoke. Willow Ridge. He mulled over the name in his thoughts, filing it away for future reference. His companion didn't seem so impressed by the Ridge wolf — he couldn't help but wonder if all the nearby packs were going to be just as disappointing as this one had been. No, he had to stay positive; they were going to find a home here together. All good things took time, and this was just one of them. The pack had to be perfect, or else Lachesis wasn't sure what the two friends were going to do.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"W-we'll find a p-pack," he responded cheerfully, trying to sound optimistic. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"I'm s-sure there's l-lots m-more nearby." Lachesis was going to learn about the packs here, he had to — he had to do it for the both of them. If they were going to survive Relic Lore the pair had to find someplace to call home, and a pack that would accept them for what they had to offer.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"We s-should try l-looking more s-south, or o-over the m-mountains?" He suggested with a casual shrug, his tone still light and encouraging. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"We c-could change d-dens, too, so it's n-not t-too far to travel." Although the boy liked the den they shared now, he knew it was restricting them on their search for a pack. There was only so far they could venture if they wanted to return back to the den before nightfall, or by morning. He knew that Ana was capable of handling herself on her own, but he still worried for her. Not all of the wolves who roamed Relic Lore were going to pleasant — Lachesis already had experienced a wolf who was not as friendly as he had hoped. He didn't know what he would do if something were to happen to his friend... she was the most important wolf in his life, if he were to lose her XIX would be devastated.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
eh, couldn't find anything else in my brain to write :( <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#EC487E;"> <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">
Anastasia felt guilty for having pulled that bit of information out on him like that but at the time she thought it up, it sounded like good information. That was until she realized the significance of similarities by her definition and their friendship. She could have made a point that friendship was also similar but the awkward moment was just at the caboose end so it was best to simply let that be.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“On my scouting I picked up several packs scent but have yet to meet any of wolves within the pack,” she heard his optimism and applauded it—reminding herself that she needed to bring it back to the front of her mind. Ana felt very proud that her optimism was rubbing off of the pale yearling but didn’t want all of it to rub off; she needed a bit for herself. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“If you think that that might help our cause then sure! We can look down south and locate down there,” and maybe then they could find something substantial that would look bright for the two of them.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
i lied i got a post up super quick. dis sux i'm sorry bb <3<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
A smile spread enthusiastically across his maw while he listened to Ana — he was pleased that she agreed with his idea. At least he was doing something right! He gave a soft wag of his tail and wondered where the two would go next. Relic Lore seemed endless with possibilities, and the ghost was excited to experience all of them with his friend. Lachesis couldn't imagine exploring the vast land without her by his side; he wouldn't have made it the first week if it hadn't been for her guidance.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"I w-want to ch-check out the area a little m-more, and then w-we can leave?" They were going to go on an adventure! The boy was ecstatic about the idea as he watched the female with searching eyes while he wore a neutral expression, only his smile showing what he felt on the inside. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"I've only m-met loners, I w-wanna try t-to f-find some pack wolves," he explained with a soft nod, hoping that his words would show his friend that he actually was interested in meeting others (although he definitely wasn't).
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
Their journey through the next few months would definitely be out of their comfort zone and probably not as easy as they might hope, but Anastasia had faith. She was optimistic about the outcome of their future and would hope that it brought the both of them great joy, no matter who they ended up being or what they ended up doing. They were two delighted wolves who had miraculously found each other and would likely enjoy each other’s company forever. This would be always be perfectly alright with her just so long as they could thrive.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“Sure, we can go together if you want to—or is this your trial run by yourself?” It would be very brave of him to simply go by himself and do some independent work, especially now that he knew a few special things when meeting someone new. Although she never commented on it (thinking it was usually kind of cute) was his stutter. She didn’t want a stranger to think it was a sign of weakness but rather a sign that he was young and didn’t know any better; however, Ana refused to see it as a bad thing.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“That sounds exciting and I think that since he had some training now he was eager to stretch his legs and experience a better situation,” or a better interaction. She was sure coming across a wolf that simply lunged at him for one tiny thing wasn’t the best motivator for meeting others; but she was sure he could do it.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">
As excited as he was to explore the lands of Relic Lore and search out a pack to join with his friend, Lachesis still missed home. He did not miss the sheltered life and the naivety of his packmates, but he missed his family. The lanky boy missed his sweet mother, wise father, and his siblings — he felt guilty for not thinking about them more, but the new life he was planning with Anastasia was all that was on his mind. He even missed the bully Pyrrhus, and often had nightmares about the creature chasing off his brother. It wasn't fair — this had been Pyrrhus' idea, his adventure, and Lachesis was living it instead of him.
He occasionally wondered how well Ana and his brother would have gotten along, but the twisted snake of jealousy would take over his mind and Nineteen would quickly dismiss the thought. No, Ana was far too sweet for her to become friends with Pyrrhus. He was twisted, and had never been supportive toward the spider-legged boy while growing up. His brother would always be a bully; that's who he was, and it would never change.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"T-trial run!" He chirped excited once she spoke, her words pulling him away from his the dark corners of his mind. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"I g-gotta get m-more practice," the boy added with an ecstatic nod, a playful smile curling his lips. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#81A14A;">"W-with all your lessons I'll b-be p-prepared!"
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
It was a good thing that Anastasia was unaware of his guilt of not thinking of his family more. She would have instantly blamed herself from keeping his attention from them. The pale dove had not exactly been raised within a loving family like he had, but she wished that he might have enjoyed it more if he had known how great he had it. Living like she had was certainly no fancy thing and it was a miracle that she had left in one piece. So she had to just go with the things that he aspired to do no matter what.
Ana nodded, being perfectly alright with staying behind or even stocking up more cache items for their last few days here. They would need to be well-fed for their trip South. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3F7240;">“I know that I have been calling you Nineteen, as you originally introduced yourself as, but do you want me to call you by your birth name?” Ana blinked, not entirely sure what she should say in regards to his name because he described himself as being both.
Similar to how she would respond to Ana or Anastasia, if one were to call her by either she would respond but after having gotten a bit used to Nineteen, she figured that that was what he preferred to be called. However, she wanted to be completely sure of what he wanted before she continued to call him by a name that was second-rate to another. His happiness is crucial.