(See All?) Announcements
621 Users Online
Bing, Google

A single night without a ghost — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Her face brightened as he nosed her shoulder, and she was unable to stop the grin from spreading across her features. Her voice held a tone of seriousness to it as she spoke. "And thank you for trusting me." Turning her face toward him, she nudged his neck in a comforting manner. Her words really came from the bottom of her heart. She trusted him, and he trusted her. Neither party had any sort of reason to do so, but still they did.

Anticipation grew in her stomach, as she awaited his answer. When it came, she felt relief wash over her. There would be a next time, and he wasn't walking out of her life forever. Instead of goodbye, it would be more like a 'see-you-later'. His promise hung with her, and she planned on holding him to it. One day, they would seek each other out again. Her tail swooped back and fourth with more intensity than before. The air around her felt light, and she was sure that tonight, her nightmares would not plague her.

Her sunny eyes fell ahead of them, to the edge of the woods she had inhabited for so long. A strange feeling crept up her spine, and she padded onward. Knowing her new found friend would be next to her soothed the feeling that bubbled up in her stomach. A few more steps and they would be leaving this place behind. Past the imposing trees, and the suffocating mist. Out where the air was open, free of a constant vapor. The next time she returned, she would be alone. It didn't sit well with her, but it had to be done. She planned on taking him most of the way, and refused to back out of her promise. She would be home before anyone missed her, and she wanted to spend as much time with Lachesis as she could. After all, they only had so much time together.

Sun kissed eyes fell on the male before she spoke. He was so different from anyone she had ever met. He was a bright light in the dark. Innocence in a world of damnation. She hoped the world wouldn't touch him. It had to leave his light flickering. "I am going to hold you to that." A playful smile peaked through the cracks.

[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
can i just say i love this thread ugh <3<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">
you're a doll, you are flawless
but i just can't wait for love to destroy us
Lachesis could sense the yellow-eyed girl growing more anxious as they neared the edge of the forest, but she pressed forward with quiet determination. While a bond was starting to develop between the two wolves, the yearling thought that she had shared enough with him for one day. He could save more questions for the next time they crossed paths, and he would give up some more of his memories to her. He knew that it had been hard enough for Capella to share what she had, and he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Plus, XIX was happy just walking alongside the cream-coloured girl while engaging in simple conversation — that's all he wanted. This was what friendship was: sharing and understanding each other.
The more they walked, the more Lachesis realized how different she was from Anastasia than he had originally thought. Although they had some similar traits, Capella was completely different from the blue-eyed girl — which was why he liked her so much. There was so much more he wanted to learn about her, but that would come over time. He wasn't sure when they were going to see each other again, but Lachesis would ensure that it'd be soon. He would go back and talk to Ana about the possibility of a pack forming near here, and then after a few days had passed the boy would return (he couldn't just come back the next day, you know!). He fully intended to keep his promise, and didn't want Capella to think he was not trustworthy if he broke his word.
Her smile was infectious, a lop-sided smile of his own sliding onto his dark lips. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">"I'll c-come find you. J-just don't leave here w-without telling me, okay?" XIX would be devastated if he returned to the misty woods only to find that the band of rogues had left for another area. Which was precisely why he needed to return sooner as opposed to later. And Lachesis would do the same — when he and Ana switched den sites, he would make sure the sunny-eyed girl would know so that if she came looking for him she wouldn't be disappointed. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">"Or else I'll b-be w-walking all over yelling out your n-name."
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
The thought of him scouring the forests yelling her name evoked a giggle. The thought was completely ludicrous, but she had a feeling she would do the same. At least she knew where he was going to be staying for a little while, and if they did find a pack in the area, she would make it a priority to seek out the pear eyed male. "I promise I won't. I will make sure to come find you before we leave." Just like she would hold him to his promise of returning, she would hold herself to this one. After all, friendship was about trust.

The possibility of him up and moving filtered through her head, and she had to make sure he was going to do the same. "You can't leave without telling me either. I would end up searching all over the springs for you." A playful smile crossed her maw before she spoke again. "What if I fell in and you weren't there to save me?" She allowed a quiet laugh to fall from her mouth, knowing full well that she could swim. There weren't many wolves that couldn't. Briefly she wondered if he knew how, as he had grown up in a rather sheltered place. Though Capella had always assumed it was just instinct, she had assumed the same about the basics such as eye contact. Lachesis was making her rethink things she thought she already knew, and the strangest part was that she kind of liked it.

As they crossed the threshold of the forest the air around them began to wuther. It was as if she was being pushed away from the forest she had come to know and love. Almost like her desire to leave and take Lachesis home had made the forest reject her. She couldn't think about that now though. With the white male by her side, she felt safe. The woods would accept her upon her return. They had to.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">
you're a doll, you are flawless
but i just can't wait for love to destroy us
Her own promise caused the already present smile to widen considerably, and it was that moment that the boy almost decided to stop and remain in the forest with Capella. Almost. He could bear the thought of abandoning Anastasia — he knew she would be more than capable of handling herself on her own, but he could leave her. Not after she had done so much for him. They had both shared secrets that would tie the two together for as long as they lived, but this was different. The bond that was beginning to develop between the two wolves made the pale boy question being in the same pack as Anastasia. He appreciated all that she had done for him, and would always love her regardless of what she chose to do. But the more time he spent with the sunny-eyed girl, the more he began to question everything he had been so certain on before.
<b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">"Of course!" He chirped in response with a quick, short nod. His chest warmed at the thought of Capella searching all over the springs for him — as appealing as the thought was, he would not let that happen. Even if they left before XIX got a chance to let her know, he would make his way back up quickly to inform the creamy rogue of the move. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">"I'd b-be there in a f-flash, all you g-gotta do is call my name! Why do you t-think I have such l-long legs?" He flashed his companion a quick wink before carrying on, his hip bumping against her own playfully. <b style="font-family:georgia; color:#353535; font-size:12px;">"That w-would only happen if y-you ever f-found your way out of this f-fog."
He knew their walk was almost near its end, but XIX was debating on asking her for another lap around the eerie forest. Being around her allowed the boy to feel far more comfortable than he did when he was with his Ana. Although Anastasia accepted him for who he was, which he was thankful for, Lachesis was constantly working to impress the blue-eyed female and show her that he was improving. With Capella, he didn't have to worry about any of that — she had immediately accepted him for who he was.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Her smile was as bright as ever when he chipped in his response. Capella was overly ecstatic that he agreed, and for the time being, she could rest assured that they would be able to keep in contact. Though she wished there wasn't such a big gap between them, and that visits would come often, she knew it was impossible. Both of them had prior duties to their friends, and it wouldn't be right to drop everything so they could see each other all of the time. Of course she was determined to see him whenever she wouldn't be missed.

The ivory male's comment made her laugh as his hip bumped against hers. Never one to be outdone, she playfully ran her shoulder into his. "Alright, but if you don't get there fast enough and I drown, I am going to haunt you!" The humor was evident in her voice. Even if there were such things as ghosts, she would never choose to haunt her olive eyed friend. Of course, she wasn't going to let him know that. His next words were met with a quick retort. "Well if I can't find my way out of the fog, then I guess you will just have to find your way in!" Only joy touched her golden eyes as she joked around with Lachesis. It had been so long since she'd felt so happy, and she was reluctant to let him leave.

Lachesis was a little strange, yes, but Capella thought she might like it. In fact, the whole world was a little weird. Everyone had quirks, just like everyone had scars. They were all misfits, searching for their place in life. Maybe these lands were made just for them. Maybe they all had a purpose here. In this place they could form lasting bonds and relationships. It was possible for them to create their own fate, start anew. Lachesis and Capella would have to find their places in the world, but for now at least they had each other. Both parties could find comfort in the fact that they weren't alone. At least for a little while.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Lachesis definitely had not anticipated the events of his meeting with Capella — especially considering the first words she had spoken to him had caused the yearling to jump up in the air, leaving him completely terrified. However, her kind words and refreshing demeanor had reassured the loner that there was nothing to fear — and now XIX found himself not wanting to leave her company. It would be so easy to stay in the woods with Capella; all they had to do was turn around, and to seek out her rouge leader so he could be accepted into the group. The boy faltered a step as he considered the idea, but carried on with a quick mental shake. No, he could not — would not! — abandon Anastasia. As much as he would like to stay here, he could not make that decision without consulting his blue-eyed companion.
After meeting Anastasia, he had always assumed that it would be them against the world — no matter where one wanted to go, the other would follow. Their friendship had blossomed over their travels, and Lachesis still often felt vulnerable when he was out scouting without her at his side. But now, after just one meeting with the sunny-eyed girl, XIX was questioning his previous thoughts. Capella was a breath of fresh air, and she didn't make Lachesis feel abnormal for the way he acted. She had not scoffed at him for having lived such a shelter life within the reserve, and had shared her own secrets with him.
"You c-can haunt me all y-you w-want," he cooed playfully at the tawny girl, pear eyes catching her bright yellow ones out of the corner of his eye. Of course, he didn't want that at all — if she was haunting him that meant she wasn't alive anymore, and Lachesis did not like that idea. "I'll find m-my way in, just d-don't scare me again!" As much as the foggy woods made him feel uncomfortable, he would brave its eerie depths just to see Capella again. "I'll come f-find you, d-don't worry. No f-fog can stop m-me!"
(This post was last modified: May 30, 2013, 11:43 PM by Lachesis.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
The timid male who moved beside her already held the title of a friend. The way it happened surpassed even her own ken. It was a certainly a surprise, and one she was grateful for. Each and every wolf desired someone to talk to free of judgement. They all needed to be able to speak of their terrors, and triumphs. Just another soul who would listen to them without having to fear a backlash. Capella knew that her ghost like companion would be there to fill the position if need be. Maybe not now, or even soon, but one day she was going to have to tell someone of the nightmares, and horrors that had caught up with her. As long as she would have Lachesis to tell, she wouldn't have to burden the others who so desperately needed more light in their lives. Shade had experienced so much loss, and though she loved him as if he were family, she couldn't cause him more pain. She knew he would worry too much about her, and that isn't what she needed. Pity wouldn't help her in the long run.

His playful voice transferred the emotion straight into her. "You know, I think I just might. Every time you start to fall asleep I will whisper in your ear." It was a good plan, or at least she thought so. After all, it was his fault she would be drowning in the springs. Her impish smile spread throughout her face, even shining in her eyes. Of course the off-white girl would never be so cruel to Lachesis, and if she had anything to do with it, nobody ever would.

His claim that the fog couldn't stop him sent a laugh through her. Perhaps it wouldn't be able to, and he would come visit her again soon. Briefly she wondered what his home looked like, and where the pair had chosen to make their den. Was it safe? Were there other packs nearby that could pose a threat? Her travels there had been so brief she hadn't even thought of stopping to investigate the area. Worry filled her brain and the words flew from her mouth after that. "If you ever need anything, just remember where I am." She needed him to stay safe. He was her friend now, and she couldn't lose him.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Conversing with the tawny female came so naturally; it was as if the two wolves were meant to stumble into each others lives, a similar connection to the one he and Anastasia shared. They were throwing jokes around carelessly back, something that he not yet reached even with his blue-eyed companion. XIX was constantly focused on making his friend happy, and doing whatever was going to please her. During his lessons Lachesis was desperate to succeed as he did not want to disappoint her; she worked so hard to prepare the lessons for him, so the boy was focused solely on pleasing her.
But with Capella, he was not worried about trying to impress her — he could be himself and she accepted who he was. Ana did, too, but it was different... Lachesis knew that she was just trying to help him; her heart was in the right place, but he found it tiring always trying to do the right thing. He both liked and hated making mistakes — how else was he supposed to learn if he didn't make them? While it was embarrassing, it was also rewarding in the sense that he would know what to improve on.
The loner chuckled at her words, pear eyes glancing over at her paired with a raised brow. "R-really?" He could hardly imagine the tawny girl haunting him — every time he began to think about it he would start laughing. "I think, even as a g-ghost, you'd be too nice to haunt m-me." Lachesis would faint the day that he saw Capella being mean, it just wasn't possible. Her next words just backed up his theory even more — that familiar warmth spreading through his body from his chest, a shy smile curling his lips upward. "Thank you," he replied while pressing his nose to her pale cheek. "D-don't worry, you'll be seeing a lot of m-me." And that was a promise.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Whether they walked in silence, or while talking, she would be happy. Simply just two creatures in the big open world, safe in each other's company. Capella hoped he too was content to just be. The creamy girl couldn't remember the last time she was this satisfied. Not even her memories could spoil her time with the pear eyed boy. Often her nightmares came to her even in her waking hours, and until this point she had given up on warding them away. However, she now felt as though she was having a breakthrough. Something about him took them away. It was possible that her mind was just occupied, or maybe it was the fact that she had spoken of her past with him. He hadn't judged her, or pitied her. It was what it was. That is exactly what she needed. One day, she would divulge the rest of it to him, and she could trust that he wouldn't ever use it against her.

His laugh tugged at her heart, filling it with laughter as well. He had seen through her guise, and maybe this male already knew her better than she thought. She knew she had it in her to be mean. Of course it would never be without reason, only handed out to those who truly deserved it. Were someone to come after the pups, her family, or even the loner next to her. She would stand up for them, or at least try. But to Lachesis? No. She could never hurt him. He was her friend, and she hoped he would be forever.

The gleam in her eye remained as she watched him raise his eyebrow. "Oh no! I'm terribly, horribly mean. I like to bite strangers who walk around my woods, don't yah know? You just got lucky you jumped too high for me to reach." She jokingly bumped his chin with her head as the thought sent her into a fit of giggles. Her face turned to a more serious expression, but still remained soft. "You will be seeing a lot of me as well. At least if I can help it." She hoped she could.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
As he pictured himself staying in the Woods with Capella, he wondered what Anastasia would think. Would she be jealous that he wanted to spend time with another? The bond that he and the dandelion-eyed girl had developed rivaled the one he shared with his companion — something took the yearling by surprise. The connection that he had with Ana had grown over time, blossoming into a unique friendship that Lachesis would hold onto for the rest of his life. But what had flourished between him and Capella had happened almost instantly, after they had shared their past with each other. The connection was undeniable, and left the boy's chest filled with a soothing warmth that radiated throughout the rest of his body.
It was remarkable that the two wolves had already gotten so close — Lachesis wanted nothing more than to make the yellow-eyed girl happy and to protect her, although in all his awkward glory, it would be difficult. XIX wondered what would happen to her once they parted ways; he knew she would be able to find her way back to the group of rogues, but he still worried. It was the same worry that he felt when Anastasia left in the morning to scout new areas — he knew both female's were capable of handling themselves on their own, but the boy couldn't help but worry. If anything bad was going to happen, he just wanted to be there and let it happen to him as opposed to them.
He couldn't stop the laughter from escaping him as she tried to convince the yearling that she was actually mean. "If you're m-mean, than I must be absolutely w-wretched." It was impossible for either of the two wolves to be mean — it was not in their nature. "We'll have to f-find a meeting p-place," he murmured aloud while thinking to himself, the words catching him off guard as he had not meant to let them fall off his tongue. It was already too late, and the pear-eyed boy glanced over at his friend to see her take on his suggestion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »