(See All?) Announcements
497 Users Online
Bing, Viorel, Google

A single night without a ghost — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Lighthearted banter was a much needed change from her daily routines, and she reveled in it. Their back and fourth had been so easy, as if they had been friends for years rather than an hour or so. It felt nice to speak that way again, and she could feel the wolf she was before everything happened, slipping out. Confidence once again graced her steps, and goodhearted sarcasm rimmed her mind. Words were no longer forced, and able to flow freely from her mind and out of her mouth again. "Oh you are. I can tell. I bet you eat helpless puppies right out of the den." She tried her best to speak through the giggling, and she thought she did a pretty good job at it. Her creamy tail flew side to side still, in a seemingly endless pendulum. His words flew into her ears again, and spoke of a meeting place. Actually, that wasn't a bad idea. It could be somewhere neutral. Away from the den site she shared with her family, and likewise for Lachesis. "I think that is a great idea, but where exactly?" Of course, the thought of a meeting place only reminded her that there would be a need for such things.

For every step forward, she wished to take two steps back. Each second spent with him filled her with joy, and she was almost afraid of losing it. He was a lighthouse, calling through the fog, beckoning those around to safety. She was a ship, lost in the dark. Capella wanted nothing more than for him to stay in the eerie woods with her, but she knew that it wouldn't be right. He had a friend whom he was loyal to. Or at least it seemed that way, as her scent was intertwined with his. For all she knew it could have been his mate.

Curiosity sparked in the young wolf's mind, and a question came that she just couldn't refuse. Actually, she couldn't believe it hadn't flooded out of her mouth earlier. "What is your companion like?" Once again, the words came pouring out before she even had time to wonder if it was rude to ask, but she couldn't help herself. Honest curiosity was another one of her less desirable traits, but the fae was always sincere in her questions. Was the she wolf he was closest to sweet, or bitter? Did they travel with anyone else as well? His life fascinated her, and her ever curious mind thirsted for more. If she didn't ask those questions now, they might haunt her, and that was no good.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2013, 01:02 PM by Capella.)
[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Lachesis desperately wanted to turn around, with Capella at his side, and dive into the depths of the Woods so he didn't have to leave. He would force himself to get used to the unknown territory — he did currently den next to the creepiest forest in Relic Lore... Plus, with the dandelion-eyed girl leading the way he knew there was nothing to be frightened of. Although they might not be packmates (yet), XIX cared for her as if she was one. Their friendship had developed over a few hours, and had already blossomed into something he would cherish for the rest of his life regardless of which pack they belonged to. Even if he and Anastasia decided to join a different pack in Relic Lore, the bond between the tawny wolf and XIX would always remain.
"How'd y-you know?!" He gasped as he stifled a laugh while wearing an expression of mock surprise. The boy could not imagine what his life would be like if Capella was to slip away from underneath his paws — it would be similar to loosing Anastasia; he would lose a piece of himself in the process. "W-we could meet at the edge of the W-woods, where you d-drop me off?" He suggested lamely, a frown creasing his dark lips. "And w-we can leave a m-marker, so that way we r-remember." The lone yearling hoped that she wouldn't think that his idea was stupid — since he was still relatively new to the land he wasn't sure where would be best. Not wanting to trespass too deep into the woods and not wanting her to stray too far from her home, XIX figured that this was the best option. Hopefully his new friend would agree — or suggest something better.
Her question did not surprise him — the only surprise was that she had not asked him earlier when he had first mentioned Anastasia. The boy's gaze wandered ahead of them as he allowed a silence to fall between them, tail swaying softly behind him. "We s-sort of rescued each other," he started in a small voice as he recalled how he and the blue-eyed girl met. "You r-remind me of her. She's k-kind and thoughtful, and always thinks the b-best of others..." XIX cut himself off after realizing how much he was boasting about his blue-eyed companion. Surely Capella didn't want to hear about how super he thought Ana was... "She's g-giving me lessons on how t-to be a p-proper wolf so I can get accepted into a p-pack."
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Capella looked to the horizon, noticing the first signs of sunlight peaking over the edge of the Earth. All this time she had been too focused on Lachesis to notice that the moon had already fallen from it's place, plunging past the line where the sky touches down. Even the stars had faded away, their lights barely noticeable. It was the dawn of a new day for everyone, but somehow it was different. Through the silent hours a friend had come into her life. One she planned on keeping forever. Though the world might look the same to everyone else on this morning, to her it was entirely different. Somehow it was a little brighter, and consisted of more color. The songs sung by the birds were cheerier, and she herself was happier to have her new companion.

Laughing at his gasp, she shot out, "I can just tell! All puppy-eaters act nice in the beginning!" Maybe there was a bit of truth to that statement, but not when applied to the wolf beside her. He was no maniac, out to get her, and he was definitely worthy of her trust. She mulled over his next words for a second, before agreeing. "Perfect. It's right in the middle, and as far as I know, it's an unclaimed land." Really it was perfect, more than that. They would both travel about the same distance, and it could be a place just for them to meet. Where both could enjoy the other's company without having to worry about intruding upon anything. Where they would go from there would be entirely up to them, and although the woods were obviously a bit creepy, maybe now they wouldn't seem so imposing.

As he spoke of his companion she couldn't help but feel a bit envious. One day she hoped someone would speak of her that way, but she wasn't sure if anyone ever would. A smile did grace her lips though, as he said she reminded him of his companion. "I hope I can meet her some day." She sounded so sweet, and maybe one day Capella could consider her a friend as well. His last sentence seemed a little strange to her, as she wondered what kind of lessons he was receiving. Setting aside the millions of questions she had about his partner for later, she spoke, with actual curiosity. "Really? What kind of lessons?" Once again her curiosity was getting the better of her. Bright eyes touched his face, giving him her full attention. Though deep down she hoped whatever these lessons were, weren't ones that were going to change him. He had to stay the same, for everyone else changed, and she hated it. The whole idea of too much change scared her, although a little bit of it was sometimes good. Of course she knew that she too, had changed over time, but she didn't like to think about that.

(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2013, 01:03 PM by Capella.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
The yearling had not been aware of how much time had passed until the sun began to shine between the tree branches, illuminating the path before the two wolves. XIX could only imagine what would have happened if he had not run into Capella while in the forest — he would have been running around the foggy woods until he crossed paths with a much larger, scarier wolf. Typically the youth did not like being out after dark as there were beasts that lurked in the dark waiting to make a meal out of the pale loner. They only time he ever ventured out after the sun went down was if Anastasia was at his side — he pretended that he was protecting her, but it was really the other way around. Well, for now.
"It's so w-we can gain the t-trust of larger prey," he cooed in response as he nipped playfully at the cream rogue's ear before he bounded away from her side, hindquarters wriggling playfully behind him. Remaining several steps ahead of Pella, the boy felt a smile break across his face as she agreed with his idea. Perfect. "I'm g-gonna come see you so m-much you're going to g-get sick of me!" Although the first half was true, XIX hoped that the second half was not — he hoped that the dandelion-eyed girl would never get sick of being his friend. If he lost Capella it would be like losing Anastasia; his whole world would fall apart. Lachesis would not know what to do with himself if this cream wolf beside him decided to step out of his life once they parted ways in the morning light...
'What kind of lessons?' Another question that Lachesis should have expected falling from the girl's mouth, but it still caught him off guard. He was embarrassed to admit that he had his companion teaching him how to be a proper wolf, especially when it was something that he should already know. The reserve had restricted his knowledge of proper pack wolf behaviour, and if it had not been for Anastasia's patience and kindness, Nineteen would have not made it after he had gotten separated from Pyrrhus. "L-like, uh... wolf et-t-tiquettee. Not l-looking others in the eyes, p-proper submission, h-how r-ranks work..." His anxiety increased dramatically as he spoke, his stutter worsening considerably as nerves began to take over. These were all things he should have known — the boy was embarrassed to admit that he had another wolf teaching him, as if he was still a child.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">

I am so sorry this is super late x.x

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"Oh your calling me large now?" Pella knew he wasn't insinuating anything of the sort, and she was comfortable in knowing her tone would tell him that she was joking. Making sure he couldn't mistake her playful tone, she reinforced it by bouncing toward him. Since he had nipped her ear, she decided to knock her head lightly into his shoulder. Then mimicking his previous actions the sunny eyed girl jumped backwards. Her easy laughter sounded through the trees, echoing it's way across the Earth. To the outside world they were exactly as they should be. Two wolves so young, and full of so much life, playing happily alongside one another. Of course the outside world couldn't see the hardships life had already thrown at the juveniles. They wouldn't be able to tell how much the pair may have needed to finally let go, and act the way any other yearling might.

His voice broke through her laughter, but her smile remained free, and unforced. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"You better! But I believe you will be sick of me first!" She knew that she would never find herself tired of being in his company, but it was possible he might grow sick of her. Unexpected fear gripped the girl at the thought. What would she do if Lachesis chose not to see her anymore? Would they still be friends when he was an old codger, and she couldn't even remember her own name? She certainly hoped so.

The sudden shift in the air as he began talking about the reserve was shocking. The pear eyed boy who had just been so full of life, had become increasingly more anxious. She could feel the stress pouring off of him in waves, and read the anxiety in his voice. Though she wasn't sure what had caused this reaction, she knew she needed to put a stop to it. He was her bright light, and she couldn't let it dim even a little bit. Immediately she moved forward bumping the top of her head to his chin, in an attempt to comfort him. The right words failed her, and so she stood for a moment before speaking. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"If any of my questions make you uncomfortable, then you don't have to answer. I will be fine with not knowing. We can speak of things on your terms. Just tell me that you will tell me when you are ready. Ok?" Capella certainly didn't want him to feel pressured or nervous around her, and she knew that she had a tendency to ask too many questions. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"But I think it's great that she is helping you!" Even though she thought he was perfect the way he was. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"We all have things to learn, though not all of us are lucky enough to have a guide." At least now she could rest at night knowing that Anastasia was taking care of him, and even helping him out in the long run. The woman she had yet to meet was helping Lach learn information he would need out in the world, because Capella and Ana couldn't always be there. Some day he might be in a situation where he would need to be submissive, and what if he wasn't sure how?

(This post was last modified: Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 PM by Capella.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
is okay! <3 also, you can leave the space between the <*b> tags blank so the "speech" part doesn't show up :3 and oops did not mean to write this much :x <3
The boy was about to protest her accusation, maw popping open as words threatened to spill off his tongue, but her tone caused a smile to spread over his lips instead. A playful yip escaped him as she bounded forward, his forelegs stretching forward into a bow as his tail wagged frantically behind him. XIX tried not to think about how quiet it was going to be once Pella led him outside the Woods – and lonely. He enjoyed being in the dandelion-eyed girl’s company, and during their walk Lach found himself not wanting to leave her side. He said he would return, and he would uphold to that promise – he did not want to disappoint his new friend.
Pulling himself out of his playful bow, the boy shook his head frantically at the next words to spill from her lips. Lachesis could not imagine ever growing sick of the pale female – they had only just met, but he could not imagine his future without her being a permanent part of it. The loner knew that the bond that had developed between the two wolves would rival the one he shared with Ana. There was something about Capella that reminded him of his blue-eyed companion, but she was also completely different from the wolf that waited for him back at their shared den. As long as Capella wanted him around XIX would be her friend – nothing could ever change that.
He rubbed his muzzle against her throat affectionately before responding, his pear gaze holding hers once he returned to her side. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I could n-never get sick of you.”
Lachesis did not like admitting that he had to take lessons from another wolf on how to act – the reserve had held him back and sheltered him from the world outside its boundaries. The pack had never dared going near the hot fence that separated their territory from the outside world, but he and his brother (even with his frantic protests) had managed to dig deep enough to avoid the zap that came from the fence. That fence, since the creation of the pack, had hid the pack from the feral wolves – they had never had interactions with other wolves, or have to dispute borders. Their borders had already been established for them, wolves had fallen into positions within the pack without challenges – everything was easy. Life outside the pack was difficult, but Lachesis was growing accustom to his new life. He still missed his family – and would always miss them – but this was better.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“It’s o-okay,” he started quietly as he pressed his shoulder against hers, seeking the warmth that radiated from the female as his body shivered unexpectedly. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I w-want you t-to know; I w-want to share things w-with you…” his voice trailed off as he chewed absentmindedly on his lower lip, ears falling back against his skull. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“S-Sometimes it’s just h-hard… It’s embarrassing…” Her comforting words had already caused him to relax, his anxiety disappearing back into the shadows of his mind. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“If she h-hadn’t helped me I w-would’ve been eaten b-by now,” he joked in a light tone, a hesitant smile working its way onto his dark lips. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“B-but I’m getting better. At least, that’s w-what Ana keeps t-telling me.”
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">

Oh thank you!

Each second ticking by had daylight filtering a little brighter. Slowly the sun was rising a little higher, which could only mean that soon their trip would be coming to an end. What was the walk home going to be like? Capella could already imagine the silence gnawing at her stomach, and the lack of warmth beside her. There would no longer be any light for her, but rather she would be walking home in the dark. Even if the sun was still shining upon her return, everything might just be a bit dimmer. Capella would have to wait until the next time they were to meet. At least she had that. Soon he would return and they could talk, or play. Whatever they wanted to do. She thought they might make a trip to the falls sometime. They weren't very far away from her woods, and she hadn't been there since before she had met Shade. Lachesis would love them, or she hoped that he would. If he wasn't interested though, then he would certainly be able to pick out a place to visit. The location didn't matter really. It was the fact that she could be with the pear eyed boy that made her happy.

Her companion's voice touched her ears once again. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"I hope not." Her reply came out as a whisper, more for herself than anyone else. Lachesis couldn't get sick of her, could he? The creamy girl definitely had her flaws. She knew them, and those around her were probably not oblivious of them. Sometimes she rambled, or asked inappropriate questions. She had a thirst for knowledge that often times overpowered her ability to stay quiet. The dandelion eyed girl had always been a little too naive. Maybe naivety wasn't the way to describe it, but she was always too trusting of others initially. Though out of credulousness came acceptance. She didn't always believe what others told her, but she liked to believe in those around her. Capella readily accepted those around her for their flaws. She believed Shade and Rosealia would be happy together. She hoped that Lachesis would return to her, and keep up his end of the bargain. Maybe naive was the right word. These things might never happen, but she had to think they would. In her heart she had to hope, for without hope, they would have nothing.

Capella nuzzled his cheek as he pressed his shoulder to hers. She could feel the shiver that ran through his body, and moved a little closer. It was apparent how difficult it was to speak of his past, and she completely understood. There were things that she preferred to keep hidden within her mind. There were likely things that her mind had blocked out. The worst of it though, she knew was there. That picture. It was never going to leave. His voice broke her train of thought, and moved through the air. She could feel his words in her heart. He wanted to share things with her, and she knew she wanted to share things with him as well. His confession cemented their friendship a little more - if possible. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"You never have to be embarrassed around me. I think your perfect even if you use eye contact, or the wrong body language. Whether you want to learn things or not. I don't mind. I will be your friend no matter what." Her words came from her heart. They really did. He was perfect to her, and he would remain so. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"I'm glad your doing what makes you happy, and that Anastasia is helping you so much. She honestly sounds wonderful. " The smile returned to her lips as she looked at him. Even if he never understood the basics of wolf behaviors, she would still be there for him. Just as she hoped Ana would.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
np! <3 i can't stop writing so much i just love these two uggghhh :D
The boy had not realized how much time had passed since he had wandered into the Woods – they sky had been illuminated by the moon and many constellations when had left for his walk, and now streaks of sunshine pushed their way through tree branches. Although the ghost had Anastasia to return to, who did the yellow-eyed girl have? She had spoken fondly of her leader, Shade, but would he suffice? XIX did not want to leave her alone – now that he knew the way out, he wanted to walk her back to her den before departing for his own. That was the gentleman thing to do, not leave her to wander through these terrifying woods alone. While he was determined to return back to the den he shared with Ana, the yearling was beginning to grow weary. He would much rather curl up next to Capella than have to seek shelter somewhere else, but he had to return to his companion – he did not want her to worry because he had been gone for so long.
XIX did not want his new friend to think that he could ever grow tired of her; unfortunately for Capella, she was stuck with him for good. He did not even want to consider what his life would be like without her – she would remain a constant in his life. Although he felt comfortable with Anastasia, and cared for her deeply, there was something different about Capella. Her words dripped with honesty as they fell from her tongue; he had never heard a wolf speak so sincerely before. He wanted to tell her everything about his past (in due time, of course) just as he wanted to learn everything about her. She intrigued him, and not just because of her secrets. It was as if someone had taken pieces of his sister, Thalia, and Anastasia to mold the dandelion-eyed girl – but as similar as she was to the two she-wolves he loved, she was also completely different.
She was a breath of fresh air, the cool breeze on a hot summer’s day; in Nineteen’s eyes, she was imperfectly perfect. She, like himself, had her share of flaws – but that’s what the boy liked so much about her. Capella was unique and had captivated the young boy.
The warmth from her body instantly soothed the ghostly loner, a faint smile working its way back onto his lips. Lachesis kept his side pressed to hers as he pressed a soft lick to her forehead, tail giving a short wag to show her that he had appreciated her gesture. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“I j-just want to do the r-right thing. I d-don’t like messing up…” he admitted in a low voice, his eyes focused ahead of him. Messing up meant failure and disappointing Anastasia – XIX was not allowed to mess up. Ever.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"> “It’s things I sh-should know, and it’s… it’s f-frustrating. I f-feel like I’m a – “ he paused, selecting his words carefully <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;">“ – b-burden to her. She d-didn’t have to do this f-for me… she c-could have already joined a p-p-pack and I’m h-holding her b-back.” Thoughts he had never dared to speak aloud poured from his mouth uncontrollably, his legs trembling as the woods began to close in on him. XIX didn’t understand why he was telling Capella this when he couldn’t even say it to his blue-eyed companion – but this was something he had wanted his new friend to know. He trusted that she would keep it a secret and not judge him for what was going on inside his head – just as he would not judge her when she decided to share her secrets with him. Lachesis was stuck in the mindset of a puppy, constantly wanting to better himself and please everyone at the same time.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
Oh I know <3 These replies are so long :D

The new morning's light had her realizing just how long she had been awake for. Her day had began just before yesterday's sun rose in the sky, and the effects of were starting to ware on her. The prospect of turning around, taking Lachesis back, and curling up to sleep was very tempting, but this was a trip she had to make. She couldn't bare to think of his traveling partner waiting and worried sick, because she knew that she would worry if it was her awaiting his return. The pear eyed boy held an honest innocence. He was pure, untouched, and there was evil in the world. Evil that would love to wrap it's grimy hands around his neck and strangle until he was nothing more than a shell. How was Anastasia to know that he hadn't been abducted or gotten himself into trouble? Yes, they had to keep moving. Ana and Lach needed to be reunited, and Capella herself had a lesson to learn. She needed to learn loss that wasn't forced. Loss of her own will, and remember how to hope for return, because she had given up hoping that her family would come back to her. Even though she didn't realize it, this might be good for her.

Capella couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to them when the trip was over. Lachesis would go home to Anastasia, and she would return to her little pseudo pack. Shade might ask her where she had been, but then again he might not. It wasn't unlike her to disappear for a day or so every once and a while. She thought that Shade might understand it though. Maybe it happened to him, or even Lachesis. When her head filled up with too much fog, and the nightmares were at their worst, she knew she had to go, and so she did. Traveling helped her in a way she couldn't describe. It allowed her to clear her head a bit, and take note of everything around her. It was during those times when she actually appreciated the beauty of everything around her, and had enough time to think. On her little 'journeys' she often considered just leaving. Continuing on with her life as a nomad, moving from one place to another and never settling in. Maybe then her head wouldn't get so cloudy all of the time. Another solution would be if Lach could just stay with her. She had found that there was something special about her ghostly companion and he expelled some of the mist from her brain. Although she knew that the latter wasn't a possibility. He had to return to Ana, because that was the right thing to do, and she had no right to be selfish.

His voice brought her back to the real world, outside of her mind. It was filled with raw emotion, and she could feel it tearing at her heart. The ghostlike male had a fear of disappointing those around him, and that upset her more than anything. Had someone someone from his past made him feel like he wasn't good enough? She wanted him to be able to be confident in who he was, because to her, he was perfect. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">"You are not a burden. You are so much more than you think.", but she understood. She had the same fear, rooted deep within her. Her new companion couldn't know that though. He couldn't think that way about himself either, because he was no burden. He brought with him light, and understanding. He held happiness and wonder. He was everything she wished she could have been, but could not be. Somehow, she would find a way to make him see his own worth. It was her own personal mission. Even if it was the last thing she ever did, she was going to show him what she could see.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5A2850;">

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
yay for Lapella and epic novels <3 i was writing on word and definitely did not realize how long this was omg i'm so sorry D:<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#19434A;">
The only thing that kept Lachesis from turning around to drive back into the foggy depths of the Woods – other than having to return to his companion – was knowing that this was not going to be the last time he would be seeing Capella. He had promised to her, and himself, that he would return soon and planned on keeping that promise. Not only because he wanted to see her, but also because he did not want to disappoint her. Making promises was important to Lachesis – he never went back on his word, regardless of the situation. This came naturally with his desire to please others and constantly make everyone around him happy. Lachesis was allowed to be sad, but those he cared for were not. The pale loner didn’t even like seeing strangers upset and would always try to turn their moods around. XIX felt as if it was his job to fix those he interacted with – even if it was only a temporary fix. His empathetic nature picked up on those who were feeling down and the yearling hated feeling that way. He could not imagine what it would be like to be down all the time; it must be exhausting. There were days, though, where the young Arctic would not be feeling one-hundred percent, but he would ensure that those he interacted with were.
It still baffled Nineteen that he had opened up so much to someone he had just met – they had been (and still were) complete strangers, but he felt a closeness to the pale girl that he had not felt since meeting Anastasia. The bond was immediate, an invisible thread holding the two wolves together, strengthening as the time they spent together increased. Lachesis believed that when a connection like this was immediate that it was a result of fate and that it was because of fate that they had crossed paths. Anastasia had come into his life precisely when he had needed him (and vice versa), and it was the same with Capella. The developing pack she belonged to was a potential home for Lach and his companion – she was in need of a friend, and so was he. It wasn’t that he was growing tired of Anastasia – that was impossible – he just wanted another to trust his secrets with.
Lachesis worried that in their time apart Capella would get up and leave. He knew that she promised she wouldn’t, but the feeling still festered in the pit of his stomach. What if it really was the last time they were going to see each other?
No. The lanky youth knew that wasn’t going to happen – they had both promised each other that if they were leaving the area they would notify the other, and XIX knew that Capella would stand by her words. They hadn’t even parted ways yet and Lach was already excited to see her again! His tail wagged briefly at the thought as he glanced over at his friend, cool eyes studying her for a moment before he returned his gaze forward. Her eyes reminded him of the sun, warm and comforting; they were bright with youthfulness, their depths holding the curiosity of a pup. He was completely fascinated by the girl beside him and the strange air that hung around her, captivated by her words and the secrets that she held within her.
‘You are not a burden.’ The words echoed in his head, and although they comforted the boy for a moment, he couldn’t shake the feeling. He was scared to admit it to Anastasia, because he knew no matter whether it was true or not she would tell him that he was not a burden to her. Her words sunk in, the warmth from them spreading down to his toes and the tip of his tail. Even though he was being stubborn by not believing the words that had spilled from her maw, her compliment was enough to distract him from his thoughts and drag him back to reality. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#19434A;">“You’re j-just saying that because you l-like me,” he responded playfully in an attempt to change the mood that had settled as he nudged her shoulder affectionately. His lop-sided smile returned with a vengeance after he pressed a quick lick to her cheek, long legs keeping in time with her shorter strides.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »