(See All?) Announcements
557 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Isla

Magnolia Glen Pack Thread — Magnolia Glen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Magnolia Glen Pack Thread

This is the Pack Interaction Thread for the Magnolia Glen pack. This thread is open to all Magnolia Glen wolves. The location of this thread is outside the pack den. Because this is a Pack thread, it cannot be archived or removed for inactivity. This serves as a place for basic and general social gathering. However, it will not serve as a place for pack meetings or threads with a specific purpose. For more information, please see THIS informational thread.

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2014, 08:31 PM by Spirit of Wildwood.)
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Overcast — Current Temperature: 43° F/6° C (mid-afternoon)

Momentarily, Borlla left her children alone. A moment to stretch her legs was all she desired, though there might have been some thirst to quench as well. Her pace was rather fast as she loped to the stream for a few laps of water before turning back, her steps slower as she sniffed the air. Her eyes, golden in nature, were locked upon the entrance, all scents surrounding it familiar and familial. Her tail wagged a bit as she settled herself at the opening, head tipped back as she soaked in the sun's rays. Though the air was cool, this patch of light was warm. An excellent spot for a bit of a break: She could hear the shiftings of Kyros and Hypatia, but take in a bit of the day as well. The outside world felt a bit unfamiliar and she was certain that, as soon as she could nudge those two from the safety of the den, she would familiarize herself with this place.

She'd hardly had any time to get to know her new home before she was bed-ridden, so to say. Perhaps she and Phineas could take a stroll, settle into this new life they'd made. She longed to know him, for there was much, if not all, she didn't know. He was no more than a stranger to her and he to her, as well. Not to mention she hardly knew anyone that now lived among them other than Lucero, for Phineas had done the honor of collecting the rest. Borlla had been no more than some bloated, shadowy queen. Hardly anyone worthy of following. So she'd have to prove herself to them. It was a job she was more than prepared to do. Blowing out a heavy breath, she stretched out, hind end wriggling in the air for a moment, before she was belly-down on the earth, ears back as she basked in the sun's rays.
Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
mid afternoon - 77 degrees, partly cloudy

For the past few days, she'd been adventuring, if it could even be called that. But she hadn't been home too much, save for at night, and so now she decided that it was wise to stick around, especially with all the new ladies that had chosen to call Magnolia Glen home. Besides, her children would need attention from her, when they were passed out in the den. In view of the pack den, Borlla was laid out on her belly, glad that there was a break in the incessant rain showers. She felt as though she'd been soaked through with little chance to dry for a few days now, and it was certainly unpleasant. Borlla would admit her love for water any day, but she felt a little distressed when she was never allowed to dry off. Even the night in the den still left her damp in the morning.

Between her paws laid part of a rabbit that she'd pulled from the cache. A minute pile of fur was laid beside her paws and blood stained her muzzle as she pulled flesh, muscle, and fat from the spring-fattened rabbit. Occasionally she'd pull a small bone free and give it a thoughtful chew until she heard that satisfying crack, and could clear the marrow from it, something of a tasty treat. A patch of light flickered down through the magnolia tree branches, warming the damp woman's back. Perhaps she'd finally dry out before it began to rain again, though she wasn't holding her breath. <b style="color:#32527a">

Played by Kira who has 110 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, he just needs to get permission from Phineas/Borlla to be gone a couple days.
It had begun a couple days ago, feeling the empty weight on his shoulders as his mother’s scent had trailed off somewhere. At first he had assumed that maybe she went on a hunt, perhaps had gotten permission from the Alpha’s to go scout the nearby lands and be gone a day or two but one day turned into multiple which then turned to a week. He had been so busy with his sudden personal life with Eponine, Lucero and Fiora that he hadn’t been continuously worried since he first hadn’t seen his mother come back. He felt ashamed, angry with himself for what he felt was his fault. Siku was gone without a word. From where he stood, his mother had abandoned him.

It was nearing the evening, the sun pulling itself down for the night, and Ataneq wanted for one of the Alphas to approach the pack den. He needed to talk to them, needed to catch their permission so he could try and find his mother. He would be back but he couldn’t stop worrying about where she was—he needed to know where she had gone and why she had gone. Otherwise, he would only continue to beat himself up until potentially leaving for good. Ataneq had never been somewhere without his mother, especially in another pack so without her, he couldn’t help but feel like he was lost. Gosh, where were they? He had been sitting for so long and that was time he could have been spending on searching.

I’VE DROWNED AND DREAMT THIS MOMENT
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
i.e. (friend/enemy/spar partner/pack recruiter, etc)
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
With the sun descending for the night. Borlla had to muster up the energy to wander back to the den after a busy day about the Glen. She longed to curl up with her swiftly growing children and her mate, and just pass out. Absent-mindedly, the Leaderess marked the borders, passing her cheek over the spindly magnolia trees, scratching her paws over the earth, and making other sorts of liquidy marks at other more high-traffic areas. With that done, she began to make her way through the trees, taking deep, meaningful breaths every few yards, enjoying the fragrance that the trees gave off. Her pace was casual, but rather swift. Despite her sleepiness, she knew that the faster she moved, the faster she'd get to relax.

However, a leader's duties seemed never to be done, for as she approached the den, she was met with Ataneq. He looked in need of something, and Borlla changed direction to address him. <b style="color:#32527a">"Good evening, Ataneq," She said with a tired smile. She'd been rather unsure of the boy at first, with his mother, she feared he would not be too dependable, only waiting until he could depart with her. However, the yearling had made himself useful, bringing a healer to the Glen, among other important duties that kept them alive. Her tail curled over her back and gave a courteous little wag. Hopefully if Ataneq needed anything, it could be taken care of quickly. <b style="color:#32527a">

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
Normally he would have tried his best to be patient with the time it took for Phineas or Borlla to appear at the pack den, but every second he sat there was wasted. Every minute that he sat there was a minute he was losing in his chase to find Siku. Although he had been contemplating whether or not he would leave with her to make her new pack when she was ready, he hadn’t been given any warning. Something had to be wrong for her to leave her eldest son behind—she had always been very involved with Ataneq so she had no reason to leave him here.

As if Borlla knew that Ataneq was running on a thin line she finally appeared and came to him without hesitation. “Good evening,” he politely responded back as he lowered his head to respectfully greet her, “I know that this is a very big favor to ask of you but as I am sure you’re aware, my mother hasn’t been here.” He took a deep breath, a part of him wanting to be angry and upset. He felt betrayed but he had to hold himself together, promising himself that maybe something happened while she was out.

“I’d like your permission to go look for her. Hopefully I won’t be gone for more than two days but… I will return,” after all he had Eponine now. He wouldn’t leave her, he could never. Of course, he also thought that his mother would never leave him but apparently he was clearly wrong about that.

i'm currently looking for any kind of short or long-term plots, so message me if you've got an idea!
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla had noticed the absence of Siku. However, the woman could only assume that she'd gone off to start her own clan, though why she would leave her son behind, Borlla had no idea. Not to mention she had said nothing to her leaders, or at least Borlla had heard nothing. The son of Siku was clearly concerned about his mother's absence and she could sympathise. And when he asked to take a short leave from Magnolia Glen, Borlla felt the slightest bit of pride. At least he'd asked. She'd gone off so many times in search of her own brother without a word to anyone. And while she needed every head to keep an eye on Hypatia and Kyros, she could understand his plight. Though she did not smile, there was sympathy in her eyes. Ataneq clearly seemed put out by Siku's disappearance.

The ivory woman gave a short nod, and sighed, <b style="color:#32527a">"Two days, no longer," She said, trying to remain strong, despite her empathy. <b style="color:#32527a">"I know you worry after your mother, but we need you here. I hope you find her, Ataneq, I really do." Bowing her head to him, she weaved around the dark yearling and disappeared into the coolness of the pack den, finding comfort in her children. She'd never leave them behind...never. <b style="color:#32527a">

Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
Although he was upset with his mother leaving him behind without a single word, he couldn’t even manage a tear. He had to stay strong and not break down, he had to be an adult and take this as an adult. Reminding himself that he was built to block pain, enabling himself to stay calm and see it as his chance to add up the points. He knew he could survive without Siku but he had always told her that he’d be there, he would always be next to her. Of course his opinion on that had changed within a couple weeks (that of which he blamed himself for) but for her to just leave?

Borlla approved, offering him the chance to be gone for two days so that he could find her or at least figure out some miniscule detail. “I understand,” he answered and knew that he would be back, whether he found his mother or not. He couldn’t leave Po and he wouldn’t ever ask her to leave now that she was here. The two yearlings were connected to one another with a very unique bond, something that could not be so easily thrown away.

It was unclear as to whether or not he would find his mother’s trail but the least he could do was look. He figured that if he went missing his mother would go looking for him but he had to remain strong. His eyes watched as Borlla went into the den to see to her children and just as he turned to leave he was greeted with the very wolf he planned to see next.

Played by Nix who has 38 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Éponine Stark
Éponine thought she had heard Ataneq's as she approached the pack den with a rabbit hanging limp within her strong jaws. The blood red colour was a stark contrast against her monochromatic coat as the liquids seeped from the tear in the rabbit's throat and dribbled down her cheek and across her chest. She had a successful hunt today and was just in time to bring it back to the den and run into Ataneq at the same time. She blinked, watching Borlla retreat into the den after Ataneq said something that she had missed. Curious as to what was going on she made her way over to him, dropping the fat rabbit at her paws and eying him suspiciously.

Honestly, she was a little bit worried, taken aback by the expression on his face. It was not one she was used to that was for sure because he seemed slightly worried and she could not pinpoint as to why. Her tail twitched behind her faintly.

"What's going on, Ataneq?" she asked, starting to feel worried that he might be leaving the pack with his mother. The thought briefly crossed her mind because hadn't he mentioned something about coming from his old home to move here. Why would an alpha of one pack seek shelter within another? Maybe she was just learning about the lands, but Borlla had seemed okay and so she tried to settle her mind down in order to take in the entirety of what was about to happen. A pause in breath was all she offered in waiting for his response - unsure of whether she should embrace the one who had already became such a good friend over her last few weeks of staying here.
YOUR HAND ARE MINE TO HOLD, SPEAK TO ME.
(This post was last modified: Jul 02, 2013, 08:16 PM by Éponine.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Atuaserk “Ataneq” Tartok
Éponine could clearly see in his face that something was wrong and he was not about to lie to her and tell her that things would be alright. There were countless emotions that ran through his head—anger, frustration, sadness, irritability, confusion to name a few. He didn’t know how to handle them but what he did know was he had to go looking for the reason behind them. Ataneq could not sit around expecting her to come back to him when she had had plenty of time to do so but he needed answers. That would be the only thing that could possibly satiate his anger at conspiring events.

Borlla had offered him the peace of mind he needed and he would do as instructed. Return in less than two days as he was needed here. He counted here whereas his mother had simply left without reason, proving that she couldn’t settle where she wasn’t top dog. “My mother is gone,” he answered more angrily than he would have liked when in her presence but there was no stopping it, “she left without telling me. No word, nothing. I’m going to be gone for a couple days.”

From here he expected her to request that she follow suit, wanting to help him with the task of finding his mother but he couldn’t. Company would only upset him further and he didn’t want anything slowing him down or standing in his way. This would have to be done promptly and without hesitation.