(See All?) Announcements
787 Users Online
Bing

Brighter Than the Sun — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Skip Ash again. He will be coming in next round.'

She let all of this information get planted into her sister’s brain, silently waiting for her reaction. Nina did not miss the side glance given to Ash and for a moment the woman felt bad for her younger brother. He was a good man; he had just been motivated by the wrong wolf and for the wrong reasons. The brute had gotten back on track in time and had become quite the alpha. From what she had seen the guy had remained in his position until this point of time and everything was going smoothly from her stand point. When Eva finally answered, Nina’s jade eye turned back to her, a small smile almost pulling on her lips. She had the Hervok brains apparently, knowing which questions to ask and which ones to leave alone. Lifting her head slightly, she shook her head, answering with her voice as well, "No he doesn’t…and I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we want to keep it that way."

The woman let her golden tail flicker above her back, letting her eye train back on her much smaller sister. She was still a yearling, much younger than Nina, and she found herself looking upon a smaller, younger version of herself. The thought scared her, thrilled her, but infuriated her at the same instant. Young Eva deserved to have a father and not to have to end up growing up like she had to. Biting her tongue to keep a growl from escaping her muzzle, she made the offer that she was sure Athena had given to the girl as well. "If you would like, Eva, Secret Woodlands is accepting members and I’m positive we would not mind you joining us…if you like." She spoke kindly to her younger sister, a small smile gracing her lips as she looked over towards her brother, nodding her head to him. He had remained strong, just as he always had, and now, Eva too would be left in peace.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Alanna who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eva Hervok
Eva released a breath she had not realized she was holding. She could not help but thank a higher being for the fact that her father was still unaware of the failed attack and also the fact that she was an unknown cub. Perhaps mother had known this all along, that this was best. Did parents have some kind of intuition that allowed them to know when their children were safe? She came to regret her anger towards her mother, believing that being cast off was because she was an abomination, not even thinking for a second that it was for her own safety. But now as she looked at her strong, independent siblings that had families and led packs of their own, she knew it was true. Hervok blood ran through their veins, and now the yearling knew it ran through hers as well. The journey had been tough, but finally her quest was completed and she had a whole new life ahead of her.

As the silence between the two sisters continued, Eva began feeling lost after the giddiness started fading. This goal she had- to meet her siblings- had been the only thing to keep her on track. What could she do now that it was over? Of course the girl had the whole world in front of her, ripe for the taking, and yet she did not quite know what her next step should be. Maybe an option would come to her while she was in quiet contemplation, and also after she had her meal.

But then Nina offered something that Eva had not been expecting. Of course Athena had told her that a spot would always be open in Poison Path, but the lone wolf did not actually think this was the case. Now her sister was offering her a position in the Secret Woodland ranks. Maybe this was the path she was looking for? A family was really all she wanted, to be surrounded by those who cared for her and accepted her physical faults. A true, radiant smile formed on the features of the small wolf as she looked upwards at her brave, confident sister. "That is more than I could ever ask for, Nina," Eva managed, still slightly taken aback by the offer. She had figured Ash had brought her here to not only meet Nina, but also join the Woodlands. Glancing over at him for a moment to see if he made a movement signifying his approval or disapproval, she then turned back to Nina, her sister and perhaps her new dominant.
(This post was last modified: May 22, 2013, 09:47 PM by Eva.)
Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok
I will post Nina next. I just need to get Ash up right now.

-------

He listened intently as to what was passed on between siblings, not feeling it his place to interrupt as Nina spoke about most of her past and part of his. It was true that he was highly ashamed of what he had done to his older sister when he had come into the Lore. It pained him to remember what he had done to Nina and he tried to block out most of the story as she told it, already knowing the beginning, middle, and ending. Not wishing to relive his painful memories, he waited until he saw the doubtful look from Eva, knowing that the worst part was over then, he let himself tune back into what was being said. Apparently, his sister was offering the smaller Hervok a place within the pack. It was also true that Athena had offered up a spot to Eva when she had come to the mountains, but Ash just wanted the girl to be comfortable wherever she chose to remain. Seeing the attentive look from Nina and his own younger sibling, he gave an encouraging smile towards her.

Deciding to clear his throat then, he spoke, "I would like you to choose whichever suits you most comfortably." Nodding his head with his words, he waited for his sister's response. He the looked towards Nina, deciding that now was probably the best time to get all business matters out of the way. Grinning slightly at the Woodlands alpha, he let his strong voice ring towards her, "Athena would also like to make an alliance with our packs, sister. She believes it would help bond us even more." Dipping his head in respect for his sister's leadership he nodded towards her. Never in his life would he have thought that the two siblings would be leading successful packs, but in the end they had pulled through and now they were going to end up getting somewhere...together.
I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She could see the wheels turning in Eva’s head, putting all the pieces of the large puzzle together. She had the brains, just as all of her siblings seemed to have. Nina did not forget about her brother though and sent frequent glances his way, finally when her offer came up, Ash’s voice floated towards her ears. It did not surprise her to hear that her brother’s tone consisted of all business. Considering what he was saying, she smiled placidly, happy to hear that Athena seemed to want to make their bonds even stronger. "I think that it would be fantastic, Ash!" The soft voice of her sister soon held her attention and a kind glint in her eye clouded over with amusement, a soft voice coming from her own mouth, "Nothing is too much, Eva. We are family."

She then let her tail sway behind her, tilting her head in curiosity as she gazed at the small girl in front of her. "So…what do you say, sister? Would you like to be a part of the Secret Woodlands pack?" She blinked her single eye, her presence powerful to say the least. It was very much the same air she had always gotten when she had been around Ash back in the mountains, but now, on her lands, he almost looked….naked, as if he did not belong in the forest. Nina knew that Ash had grown up in the mountains and had learned to love them, whereas Nina had grown up there and absolutely loathed it. There were completely different, but they were still family. And family always stuck together.

Inactive No Rank
Eva Hervok
Eva looked at her brother, nodding in response. He seemed to wish her the best, and said he would be fine with whichever path she chose. Looking back at Nina, the yearling listened to her words as well. The Hervok sister smiled at the leader's mention of "family." Eva hoped her life would be okay with any decision she made, but of course she always hesitated at the crossroads. The girl felt she had already made her choice, though, and wanted to go with her own heart. Nina would have much to teach her, as she was blind in one eye also, and Eva did not want to bother Ash to bring her all the way back to his mountain- an environment which she was not very suited to in any case. Of course Eva would be able to visit her brother whenever she wanted under Nina's rule, hopefully, so he would never be too far away if she wanted advice.

Looking at Nina with her one good eye she replied, "I would love to be a Secret Woodlands wolf." It all seemed so overwhelming right now. Only a few weeks ago she was lost, with no contact with other wolves. Then she met so many kind ones in a short space of time, and finally found her brother and sister in one fell swoop. She had been offered a place in a family, and now was to be a part of it. Her future may be unknown, but Eva felt like she would always be safe with these wolves.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Hope you don't mind the PP in this. I wanted to finish this thread. Welcome to Secret Woodlands pack! <33

It would take her sister a little while longer to think over what Nina had said, but in the end the thought of acceptance and family struck the chord and Nina’s little sister agreed to becoming a part of her pack. Smiling tenderly, she stepped toward Eva, her head held high and tail curled above her back. Reaching down to grasp her sister’s muzzle firmly within her own, she was pleased to find that her little sister agreed to the terms of her being alpha. She then quickly marked her scent over the young girl so that her Guardians and other pack members would not dismember the young Hervok before she got everything done. It was good to know that she had other siblings out there in the world. Maybe the Hervok line would grow, Nina did not know, but she did know that if others were to arrive then the siblings would all have to be extremely careful.

Stepping towards her brother now, nuzzling him gently and licking his cheek, her soft voice reaching out to him, "Thank you for bringing her here, Ash. It is always a pleasure to see you, brother." With a quick murmured response from the big man she watched him disappear through the trees, on his way back home to the mountains. Sometimes she wondered what his deal was. She knew he was leading by Athena’s side know, but he was not exactly accepting his role. Hopefully, in the future, things would look up for the Poison Path wolves. Clearing her throat, she turned back towards Eva, her features bright and excited, "Well, let me show you around…uh…you might want to be careful, the thorns here aren’t exactly comfortable." Stifling her laugh, she led her sister into her territory. Today the Woodlands pack had gained one more member.

Inactive No Rank
Eva Hervok
Eva stood silently as Nina continued with the acceptance ritual. She smelled like a mixture of the territory and Nina now. Once it was done, the girl looked over to Ash in order to nod a good-bye, or at least express her thanks. All she could see was his large tail disappearing into the trees, presumably returning to his mate, Athena. He did have a pack to lead after all- and Eva was happy he stayed as long as he did. It seemed like Eva would have to thank him later on instead, for right now there was much to do.

The girl's multi-colored gaze moved back towards Nina where she regarded her warmly. She had been reunited with her sister and joined a pack in one fell swoop! If anyone could be a good leader, the Hervok believed, they were Nina and Ash. Although naturally cautious, she had no qualms being under Nina's responsible leadership. Listening to her dominant, the small wolf followed her, matching her pace and hanging on to every word as she tried to learn.

Taking in as much knowledge as possible as she walked, her anxiety grew as she realized she must be introduced to the other pack members. Would they accept her? Well, they must if her sister was dominant! A wry smile grew on her features as she looked over at her sister, seeing a more grown-up version of herself. Nevertheless, whatever happens, it could not be denied that she finally had a home.