(See All?) Announcements
524 Users Online
Bing, Google

diabolical — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla tried to shake herself free of these teetering emotions. One moment she trusted him and yet another she was weary. Was that her own mind or the hormones that raged within her? Perhaps a mixture of both, but the real her was certain that he was safe and even if he wasn't, what did it really matter? She'd encountered much worse in her youth and challenged it (although she likely shouldn't have). Now she was an adult, and although she was with child, figured that it hardly mattered at this point. Her tongue was a bit silvery, and the fact that she was still alive attested to that. So, putting on a smile yet again, her tail gave a slight wag. He probably thought her mad now, putting up a defensive front then smiling and laughing. But ah well. Her ears twiddled back and forth, and the woman resisted a bit of an eye roll. Infinitely precious. Children were known for nothing more than being nuisances, but she knew that she could adore her own. His words seemed rather loaded however, something she wished to chuckle at.

<b style="color:#32527a">"Eventually," She answered, a light nod to accompany her words. <b style="color:#32527a">"Somewhere over the mountains, perhaps. I've left most of the heavy work to my mate." Borlla chuckled now. Right now she was no more than a vessel for his dreams. She'd allow his dreams to root and grow in exchange for a new life. It would all work out in the end, a beautiful garden where the salted earth of her life used to be. Not to say she wasn't perfectly happy now. Things just seemed a bit technical in her eyes. Not rocky, just...Strange. <b style="color:#32527a">"If you're looking to broaden your horizons, perhaps you'd like to follow us?" Her pale brows rose, wondering if he'd be open to such an idea. Of course, they were strangers, still, but why not. He found the world here rather full, so why not take a peek a distance away? The place was the same, but a bit less crowded. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Amritha who has 25 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Teketa Llew
Sorry for the delay! D:

Teketa hardly would've thought her mad; if anything, he was inclined to believe he had made the wrong move and warranted such reactions out of the woman. Even so, he refrained from rising again and kept himself fairly neutral. Even while speaking words that had been intended as kind or gentle, his expression often remained hooded, guarded; it was the face of one unaccustomed to simply sharing thoughts and feelings. Indeed, she seemed nearly ready to chuckle at him before she spoke again, and he only blinked.

She did make an amused sound when she spoke again. She was... very open. Compared to many he'd met on his way. Others he had avoided. With her he ... conversed. Even made the effort to do so. It was odd, but he found it was no longer so unwelcome as he'd imagined it to be just minutes before. It would be her next words that prompted something rare from the male: "If you're looking to broaden your horizons, perhaps you'd like to follow us?" His lips twitched, the briefest smile lighting his features. He looked younger, even if just for a moment. Then his usual austere expression was back in place. She didn't even know his name. Indeed, she knew nothing about him. He'd not even shown her the proper respect one might show a leader... but then, she wasn't exactly one yet, was she?

The man's thoughtful expression suggested he was interested, at least to an extent. But after a few seconds thought, he bowed his head. His muzzle and eyes pointed to the ground when he replied, "I hope I don't seem ungrateful, Lady, but... I must consider what you have suggested before I... make any decisions." His instinct was to decline. But a small part of him wondered if the Lady before him had chosen those who followed her, then how bad could they be? In due time, perhaps he could follow her over the mountains. She had chosen him, or at least to share with him that she would be going away, forming this pack. Maybe he could stop being the odd isolato and actually try something new for a change...

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Her tail wagged happily behind her, pleasure shown that she'd managed to make him smile, even if just a moment. Borlla had always been rather open, rather blunt. The first half would make her easy to get along with, one that would talk to anyone. But combined with her rather blunt attitude, it made everyone she spoke to into an enemy. At least in her youth it had. But now she'd made this stranger smile. The woman was moving up in the world, wasn't she? Practicing her social graces. She was quite interested in hearing his answer though. Of course, as she'd thought before, they hardly knew one another, not even names. But why did that really matter right now? If she had to know everyone on the most personal basis, well then, she'd never be able to convince anyone of anything.

His answer wasn't what she'd necessarily wanted to hear, but it was better than a no, now wasn't it? Borlla nodded, <b style="color:#32527a">"Sure, sure. I understand. It's a big decision." Picking a place to live wasn't just something you did willy-nilly. <b style="color:#32527a">"We'll probably be on our way soon, but if you head over the mountain, you might have a bit of luck." Might as well help him out, on the off chance he'd decided to join them when they'd already left. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm Borlla, just by the way." <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Teketa Llew
Sorry for the delay. I've been super-tired lately. :(

He was glad his answer had gained an understanding response. He had feared she might become upset with him. After all, she had just made him a most gracious offer (at least he believed as much. He wasn't sure). He let her speak without interruption, musing to himself. It wasn't about where he would be living so much as with whom; he supposed his pack experience was narrow, but it was enough to taint his views for the remainder of his days. Would he tell her that? Should he? No, some things were best kept to himself, so he kept his lips sealed tight until she was done.

A bass chuckled sounded as he learned her name - a second time his facade broke. It was always replaced quickly, but perhaps suggested he wasn't always as broken as he felt, or as stony as he might lead others to believe. At last he bowed his head, lowering his ears awkwardly. He could only crouch so far while sitting. But he offered her that much. "Teketa, my Lady," he lifted his eyes and head again, his rogue's voice soft and plain as he gave her his designated calling. "I shall remember your offer in any case." He would remember, whether he ultimately chose to follow them or not; he found her kindness rare... humbling. He may yet follow her over the mountains. But it would take consideration... There would be other wolves to meet first - other encounters to be had. If time passed and he found the offer still stood; if he found his mind much changed, he would find Borlla's pack.

Sensing now might be the time, he pulled himself slowly to his paws again. He did not feel unwelcome, but Teketa no longer knew what to say or how to continue. He did not converse often like this; it had not been unpleasant. There were few enough wolves he would've considered stopping for. Borlla had managed to make herself an exception. There were too few wolves quite like that in the dark male's life. It was clear Teketa intended to move on again, but he did not hurry away, uttering instead: "It has been good to meet you. I hope you and yours will find your way safely; I know what it is to travel far," and it is not easy. Indeed, it might have been more difficult for him. He had no goal in mind: only survival. At least the woman could strive for more, and her search would not be fruitless.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla understood well enough the tribulations of pack life. So many souls with so many differing opinions. It was a big decision to make, and in her case, it had happened almost like fate. So, she would not hold his decision against him. Though unsure of their numbers so far, she would get nothing out of a party unwilling but cruelly convinced. Maybe if she was lucky, he'd find his way safely over the mountain to them. He seemed like a good sort. A bit shady, perhaps, but pleasant, and she appreciated that. Not to mention polite, it seemed. A bow was offered to her, as well as "my lady". What was with all these folks thinking she was a lady. Borlla laughed, a cockeyed grin on her face. But she didn't bother correcting him. What was the point? <b style="color:#32527a">"Whatever you choose, Teketa, I hope it's for the best." She nodded and chuckled pleasantly.

She watched as he rose, knowing their time had now run short. It had been a nice little encounter. Practice for her future position, she supposed. Her grin faded into a nice little smile, genuine in its intent. <b style="color:#32527a">"It was good to meet you, too. I hope you can find yourself a home, even if it's alone." Everyone had their own way. Maybe that was his. Her tail wagged, and she herself settled back down to the ground as he rose. Borlla hoped she wouldn't be considered rude, but had found her legs growing faintly sore to her chagrin. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Teketa Llew
It was strange and welcome to have such a good encounter. Indeed, he felt that was very much what this was. Not a neutral passing-by, and definitely not a violent assault. No, this had been good and had gone well; if he ever met Borlla again, he would remember her well and perhaps welcome the company. She was the first to offer him a place. Indeed, the first to want him to be a part of something bigger than himself. And it was strange. Frightening. These were also among the reasons he declined her for now. But given time and thought, he might find his way.

In the meantime, he would remain the rogue he was; he was a wanderer now. It was a style ingrained into his being after traveling alone for so long. It had served him well. Besides, when had he ever, willing, served a pack? When had he ever been a part of something where he was not viewed with mickle animosity?

She wished him well, just as Teketa had wished it for her. He did not speak his thanks, but as he turned to go, he kept his eye on her and bowed his head, the barest remnants of a smile tracing the man's weathered features before he was trotting away, disappearing through the woods to the south. The image of her relaxing as he left lingered in his mind, welcome and unsettling. Then he forced his head onto things which would ensure his continued survival...

{Teketa Exit}