Bing, Google

Dark Wings, Dark Words — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
fenru tainn
now we'll see what the words are worth
Just like that the simple utterance of the right questions brought into action a number of things and identities. First, Karpos' sister came out of the den (rather foolishly too; had Fenru really intended to harm such a fragile young thing, he probably could have snatched her from her brother and guardian's reach if he was able to get his timing right), Karpos bravely warned him to stay away, and Pella brandished some questions of her own. Choosing to not heed the young boy's words, he kept his focus on the woman, a growl slipping through him and pressing harshly against each pair of eardrums. When Fenru Tainn asked questions these days, he usually and really meant business. This was not a game. This was not cub's play; and, he was not intimidated in the very least.

"I OWN this part of the woods," he bellowed, his head lowering instinctively to protect his throat as he edged a few inches forward. He repeated dauntingly, "Who are you and what are you doing here?!" Deep ridges now formed along his muzzle as his jaw parted enough for any to catch a glimpse of his pale pink tongue. A low growl and a glowering stare had his mind visibly made up. The wolves of Oak Tree Bend made their home in these woods and it made sense to Fenru that they did not and would not even think of dividing the land between them - that is, if this little assembly was actually apart of another pack (if they had, Fenru was certain he would have scented the edges of their territory and steered clear of the den in the first place). .

The edges of his stark black and leathery nostrils flared and, at last, his ears turned forward, "I will not ask again." As if his impatience had worn treacherously thin, he allowed his voice to grow louder in attempt to strike fear into the two small souls his opposer dutifully guarded, "TELL ME! Or I shall bring upon you a punishment of @Ice more vicious than the winds of winter, much more terrible than anything I might do at any given moment. SPEAK, Guard."

template base by GINNYSAURUS

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
[A father cannot ignore the screams of his children ;) so I pop in with Shade]

Shade heard a ruckus outside his den, a strange wolf’s voice and that was all he needed before he sprang into action. He rushed outside the den, leaving Rosealia behind, hearing the words of the male. He nearly laughed when the man claimed to control the lands. <b style="color:#8e989d">"My family and I are only here until the pups are safe enough to travel to another part of the forest." He explained when the scent of a pack wolf became evident. <b style="color:#8e989d">"Karpos, Adsila, back in the den." He told his children, no room for argument in his voice. He would not let them be harmed in any way, shape or form. He could tell they were scared too. The world was so new to the children and this encounter wasn’t helping at all.

He looked at the man, who was evidently a grown man, though he looked at him like a child. He took a small whiff to get the male’s scent and he let a growl of his own out, a warning to the man. <b style="color:#8e989d">"As far as I can tell, we have not crossed your borders, nor have we attempted to hunt the food in this forest. We go elsewhere because we knew of your presence. Now, why do you question us being here if we have done no harm?" He hissed; a point that was valid in his own eyes. He looked at Capella, almost as if telling her to make sure the pups stayed in the den. If it did lead to a fight, than he didn’t want his children to see any violence.

table by bryony
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Melorama who has 97 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Adsila Slayer
The lateness for this post is inexcusable! I shall try and post more often now on, just didn't have enough time but now I do :)

I don't judge people; it blurs out the center
Adsila Slayer
of my attention, my focus, myself

Adsila let the smallest of smiles cross her lips as Karp shouted at the big blob to stay away. It made her feel special to know that he would protect her, just as she would protect him. That's what siblings were for, right?

The young princess listened to the conversation between Pella and the strange blob. She could only understand some of it, but she picked up on the fact that the strange blob was dangerous and not to be trusted. And her theory was proven correct when it threatened them in a low, menacing voice that struck fear into her body. She let out a soft whimper and buried her face into Pella's leg, willing the strange blob to go away and leave them alone. She was scared, and didn't like the feeling, nor did she want to admit it lest she look weak among her family.

When her father appeared out of the den she let out a squeak of happiness and ran as fast as she could over to his large shape. The young princess stood at his paws and looked backwards at the strange blob. She didn't feel as terrified now that her father was here to protect them. A quick exchange of words happened before he orderd her and Karp to go back into the den.

During normal circumstances, she would have begged to stay outside. But with the strange blob hovering near, she was glad to go into the depths of the den where it was safe. Looking up at her fathers face, she gave a small nod. "Be careful Da." Three words escaped from her maw before she took off into the den, not checking to see if Karp was following her.Once the young princess was inside the den, she turned around and lay close to the entrance, watching what was happening outside. Her father spoke again, but this time it wasn't with kindness. More so of hostility, like he was warning the strange blob. He would make sure that they were safe, and make the strange blob go away. She was sure of it.

353 Words

Played by Melorama who has 205 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ace Caravello
Can't let Ace miss out on the party, he would be devastated :P

Once again, his prey had escaped from his clutches. They were just too fast for him to catch, maybe it would be better for him if he instead became a guardian. He was large, strong, smart, and had the desire to protect his family. But he would always hunt, even if three out of four times he turned up empty-handed. Yes, that was a good idea.

Staring off into the direction his prey had ran, he chuffed softly before turning to head back to the den site. The grey male had only walked for a few minutes before he came upon a scent trail the belonged to Capella. It seemed that she was hunting as well, and he gave a smile. They usually crossed paths while hunting, maybe he could help her. Padding forwards, he followed the trail at a brisk pace, hoping to catch up to the creamy fae.It was just seconds before a cry for help rang out into the forest, calling for his parents, Adsila and Capella. It was the young prince, and he sounded terrified. Even though he didn't hear his name being called out, he leaped forward into a sprint. He would make sure that Karpos was not harmed by whatever was out there.

Panting softly, Ace came upon five wolves. Capella, the young prince and princess, Shade who was just coming out of a den, and a stranger. Immediately, his posture changed to an aggressive one. His fur bristled and his jaws parted slightly to show his teeth with a low growl emitting from his chest. This wolf was intruding on his family and showing aggression. He didn't like it at all.

The grey male kept his eyes glued to the strange male, only allowing his ears to rotate around and listen to the conversation. But, for the briefest moment, he allowed his gaze to shift from the stranger when Shade ordered the prince and princess to go inside the den. He would have followed them and made sure they stayed inside if the stranger had been more welcoming to them. But seeing as the complete opposite had happened, he would stay near the stranger, keeping a close watch on him.

Light grey eyes scanned the stranger, and a smirk tugged at the corners of his lips. He was his size, more or less, well muscled, but also a look of youth in him. Possibly a young adult, maybe older. But that didn't matter. What mattered was that this stranger could very well kill the lifeblood of his family easily. He would make sure that never happened, even if he had to fight him to the death.

444 Words

If I could have you in my heart, I
would protect you forever
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
don't judge a thing
Karpos Slayer
until you know what's inside it

His icy blue eyes danced around the scene, Capella there to protect them with her fierceness and might, than his da, than another wolf, who was with his da Ace. He was ordered back into the den by his father, and given the circumstance he was happy to oblige with the demand. He ran back into the den. "Don't get hurt da." He called out to him, hiding deep in the depths, surely they would win, after all it was 3 against 1. On his way into the den, he had accidentally run into a silver-like blob Ace and he murmured a little sorry and ran into the den. His tail wagging despite the fear he had in him. Get him da, get him. He hoped that his da could.

He curled up around his mother, waiting, wanting his dad to come back in and tell him that it was safe, he'd even probably get a lecture about how he shouldn't be out alone. He wanted other pups, other than Adsi, to play with. But they were the only two, so by going outside, he found that he could pass the time better. Perhaps they could even play games and stuff outside. Like one of them hides, and the other has to look for them, it was his all original game that he called Birdy Chase. He called it that because the hider was a birdy, and the one looking was chasing to find the birdy. "It'lleh be alright Adsi, da is protectingod us." He said, trying to comfort his sister to the best of his abilities.

-Karpos Exit-
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2013, 11:20 AM by Karpos.)
Played by Pinn who has 210 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Capella Destae
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sure that this was going to end badly for her, she allowed her body to tense up in anticipation. He made demands of her, and she was going to oblige when Shade moved from the den. Capella couldn't help but feel relief flooding her body at Shade's presence. He could make sense of this mess, and pull the odds in their favor were something to happen. Words began pouring from his mouth, that somehow calmed the situation, or at least in her opinion. Her Dandelion eyes never moved from the puppies as they began their move to the den. As soon as they were safe in the den with Rose, she would be happy. Once the puppies disappeared into the safety of the den, she let herself relax even more. Their mother would give her life to protect them, and so they were going to be alright.

Shade's words came pouring out as Ace arrived. Now the odds were sure in their favor. Three to one? The stranger would now have no choice but to calm down, or back down. Fear even seemed to grip her heart for the new male. If it were to turn into a fight, Shade and Ace might really hurt him. Not even this wolf deserved that. Yes, he may have threatened the puppies, but he hadn't touched them. He hadn't really done anything wrong, yet. Resolving to make sure that couldn't happen, she turned her attention back to the male, awaiting his reaction to Shade's words.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2013, 08:35 PM by Fenru.)
[Image: capell2_zps67b76aeb.png]

Lovely table, and signature by Arla <3

Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
fenru tainn
now we'll see what the words are worth
A decent-sized male with a black coat emerged from the shadows; and for the briefest moment, Fenru dared to turn his attention from the tawny female to the newcomer. He spoke with ease, which the young Tainn effortlessly took as ridicule despite his serious explanation. "My family and I are only here until the pups are safe enough to travel to another part of the forest." The dark man paused to bark orders to the two children, ushering them away and out of sight with verbal command alone. Fenru's tail swayed slightly to one side before correcting itself, if not standing a bit taller and straighter than it had been moments ago. He held the growls and barks in his throat and chest, saliva beginning to ooze from the corners of his mouth.

"...we have not crossed your borders, nor have we attempted to hunt the food in this forest. We go elsewhere because we knew of your presence. Now, why do you question us being here if we have done no harm?"

The pack wolf was ready to answer when another identity approached, obviously fresh from the spirit of the hunt or the duty of securing this little make-shift pack's borders. Two cubs, three adults... Fenru was more than outnumbered now, and the thought sent a hot flash down from the base of his spine to his tail. He could have taken them all, he wanted to believe, but for the sake of the pack he left far behind, he would rather spare himself the trouble, energy, and his well-being.

While he could not take any of their words for true statements, having been taught early in life about the cause and effect of lies and deceit, he decided to spare this little band of close-knit wolves. Though his teeth remained bared and his tail curled over his back, he took one step backward with a vicious snarl before returning to the depths of the dark woodlands. He would return in the next few months to check on them, he was sure, just to make certain that they had moved away from the Oak Tree Bend wolves. For now, however, Fenru knew better than to "bite off more than he can chew;" and, the next time he found them here - still inhabiting the outskirts of his family's territory, he would be well-prepared.

(FIN.)

template base by GINNYSAURUS

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
[Gonna fade this out <3]
Shade watched as the man, who appeared to be barely a man, snarled viciously at the adults whom remained. His children wishing to him, telling him not to get hurt before entering the den, and Ace’s arrival. The man was lucky he did not harm Karp or Adsi, or else Shade would not have hesitated to launch at the man’s neck. He turned to his two longest members. "We must start off, I don’t want more encounters like that, and now that pack knows where we are and how many of us are here. He might go to get more reinforcements." Clear amounts of worry were in his drawl, his eyes filled with concern for the safety of them all, Karpos, Adsila, Rosealia, Capella, Ace, Lachesis, Ill. All of them, everyone mattered to him.

His tail waved cautiously from side to side. "We’ll head south, straight south until we find a good area in the fen." He said, hints of caution, if getting his paws wet was what it took, he would take it. He had been around Whisper Marsh enough to know they could get used to it. It could be a good source of food; fishing and he knew no one would harm his family when they were there. Tension was all around him, he was glad that his children had listened to him and had left the adults outside, retreating to the safety of the den. "We will leave in a 2 cycles {days} time." He deciding, knowing they could not put it off, and they could move slowly, perhaps a mile or so a day.

{Fading out}
[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]