The Reason — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

So when I say I need you, and I'm never gonna stop
• NAIRA AQUILA •
Believe me cause I mean it from the bottom of my heart

The mention of the copper coated second caused her heart to skip a beat. Marsh might be past his prime but he was still a formidable wolf and not one that she would dare to cross given half a chance to avoid him. She had a lot of respect for the red second and when Triell went on to say that he wasn’t coming back... well she knew it wasn’t because he had simply got an itch in his feet. There was only one thing that would tear him from his pack.

She could hear the pain in his voice and once again was torn between leaning into the dark wolf to show her support and pulling away to allow him his space. For all that they were friends, or at least she still felt that way towards the dark Tainn, she was never quite certain when to draw close and when to pull away and give him his space. With children to return to she decided to err on the side of caution, remaining close enough that he could take comfort if it was what he wanted, but far enough away that she wasn’t forcing anything on him.

“I’m sorry to hear it.” There was genuine concern in her tone, and respect for the departed. It was a small thing but she didn’t know what else to say.

The silence seemed to stretch between them for a few more moments than were comfortable for the tawny pelted leader. A great sadness was filling her up as she realised their time together was probably drawing to a close once again. “I won’t ask you to come with me. Only you can make that choice. But I have two daughters I must return to soon...” Her voice was only just loud enough to be heard over the crashing of the falls. “I imagine Corinna would have children of her own if not yet than on the way?” It was small talk, clearly trying to chase away some of the awkwardness between them and failing miserably.

Her eyes drew closed for a moment as she breathed in the misty air, trying to steal away some of the calmness that it was trying to evoke. She could ask. She should ask... but she wouldn’t.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

And I don't mind

If you say this love is the last time
Heart tightened behind its cage of bone, making his lungs feel even more constricted despite what a large room they dwell in. Ripping growls repeating to shrill whines. Snap! Heat snaked around him like an invisible smoke, but it was the sound of Naira stepping closer that broke against the etched memories. The weight of him swayed, and he shook his head roughly, eyes popping open. Seeing for real that Naira was the one standing in front of him with falling water in the background. He did not speak, let his somber gaze cast down. Marsh had been close to him as his brother. He had taught him as a boy, helping him grow into a man. He had looked over Triell, and given him silent comfort. He was there any more either. It would forever bother the Tainn how it had all ended. If he had been the one to search that dreadful forest, if he had even insisted on going with the chestnut colored guardian he could have brought him home.

Sound of her voice made him flinch, reminded again of all that had happened, where he was in present. He knew she wasn't just saying it for something to say, she meant what she said. The idea of taking comfort from her made his heart restless, if it was tired of holding its own breath, of wanting what it couldn't have over and over. He had to think about breathing again, feeling the air pull from his nose, and take another through a thin lip. Don't, was on the edge of his tongue, dark limbs ready to move himself as far as they would carry him. He stood there, staring with hints of his agony. Then his dark lids blinked, and he barely brushed his nose against her cheek to steal in her scent to last him a time. What he wanted to assume would be forever, because he needed to get over her, over whatever this was. It was not good for him, it couldn't work he often told himself in the hollow remains he was made of.

There was a twist he had not reached the conclusion of. Daughters. There was a sudden, strange pinch in his gut. The edges of his sight surely went fuzzy. He certainty had not heard her, but he really did too well.

"You.....their....no," he rambled, not seeing her tawny mask in front of him, but a picture of a black night where the rest of the world didn't exist. The dark wolf found himself on an edge not sure to start weeping or laughing of the idea; she would ask him now. He hardly heard the mention of Corinna. He was aware there would be some. There was sudden heat of hurt turning to anger flicking up the coarse hairs on his back. "Why would you say this to me now?" The question had bite. "Because he's gone?" A growl pierced the air, threatening to cut off the water falls. While he may try to rein himself in, he did not succeed. Dark banner flicked behind him, and his lips raised with his deep voice."Just go already. You don't need me, you never did...." Need also meaning love and want.

Triell Tainn

don't bleed
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
If you want to post another you can, otherwise feel free to archive, this is Naira's exit. I was in the right mood for this one after the day I've had <3

But don't you ever doubt I will give it all I got
• NAIRA AQUILA •
I'll be scraping up the pieces from the bottom of my heart

Tired. She was so tired of fighting. Even now through the mist she could see their perfect puppy blue eyes staring back at her, too soon to know if they would darken to warmer colours or keep the cooler hues of Rhysis, but Nova’s white patch could not be shaken from her mind. Not when the only other barer of such a mark that she had ever encountered was lingering mere inches away.

Perhaps it was her own baiting that had put her on guard and deafened her ears to the hurt in his tone, but when the words came, she did not let them cut her like they might have mere months ago. She had left herself open to hurt too many times already and at least this way, he couldn’t accuse her of deceit. “I would have said it to you sooner had I known where to look.” she answered, her voice smooth and gentle where once she would have snapped. Steady paws drew her further away from her volatile friend, knowing that he could not, and would not understand even if she tried to explain. How could she explain what she had never managed to grasp herself?

Still the dark Tainn’s words rang true. He’s gone. Deep down she knew it, although she would never truly be able to grasp why..? But that was no longer her concern. She had children to care for and they were all that mattered. To provide for her children she needed to maintain order within her pack, a pack she had been too long absent from. Perhaps it was the dampness in the air that dulled her rage, or perhaps she was suddenly too tired to care, but she did know she was sick of fighting with the ones she cared the most about.

Steady steps drew her further and further away from the falls, but before she was out of earshot she allowed herself to look back, her voice carrying across the distance between. “I would rather someone want me than need me... If you ever change your mind, you know where I will be.” and with that she allowed the mist to swallow her up as she began the long journey home, made just that little more tiresome dragging the weight of her heart.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY

{Naira exit}
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]