(See All?) Announcements
700 Users Online
Google, Bing

Troublemaker — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alanna who has 30 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Malia Thorben
Ever since her first venture out of the den, Malia yearned to see more. Her brothers seemed much more cautious than she, and would not leave the den without their parents consent, despite her poking, prodding, and insistence that they were simply scared and not as adventurous. You know, she would insist to them confidently, If you don't go with me now you might never see the world! Do you always want to be dependent? Stop being so scared! Despite her brilliant argument, her other siblings refused to explore with her, and thus she decided to take it upon herself.

It was only the morning and already the den was beginning to heat up. Despite her loose fur coat the heat was getting to her. With one look at her mother, and two mischievous ones for her brothers, the girl slipped out of the Whisper Marsh birthing burrow and into the overcast day. The dew had already evaporated into the air, and the sun was just peeking out from behind the clouds. Nevertheless it was already a good temperature and was making Malia a little sleepy. Blinking off her sudden yearning to rest, the girl bounced out into the undergrowth of the surrounding land. Seeing large heaps of rock in the distance, she followed them, hoping they wouldn't run away from her. What would happen if she caught up? The Thorben cub couldn't wait to see!

As she got closer she realized that these hills were bigger than she thought, with scraggly peaks that seemed to live amongst the clouds. Deciding to ask daddy about them later, the girl instead turned her attention to something else. Looking around her, she realized she really did have no idea where she had ended up! With a shrug she jumped further into the grasses, sniffling around for insects to chase and play with. Suddenly an interesting smell wafted into her nose, and the girl moved towards it, allowing her muzzle to lead the way to her next destination. Before she knew it there were beautiful red flowers surrounding her. Laughing with glee as she bounded after a beautiful orange butterfly, the girl paid no attention to the noise that would cause any other wolf's blood to freeze.

Laying collapsed amongst the plants, Malia giggled and thought about her brothers. They had no idea what they were missing! She became a bit less happy when she realized how tired she really was, and how hungry her stomach had become. Belly rumbling she piped down and was about to drift off when the noise returned. Was it... a rustling?
(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2013, 12:35 AM by Malia.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
TABs is also going to attack this thread. <3 You can post before her though. :)

She had not expected to be wanting to go back so soon. The new pack had only just formed and already her small gray paws were itching to go back over the mountains to see him. She needed to see him, to feel his body pressed up against hers, and to smell his earthy scent. The pepper and salt colored woman had made sure to tell one of her pack mates where she was heading off to and in the end quickly made her way over the mountains as quick as she could, hoping dearly that @Hotei had not left Willow Ridge and that she was going to be able to find him. Jess was getting use to being able to travel over the mountains; her paws were changing from their usual soft, plush flesh and harder and roughened skin. It was a change for her, but she knew that she had endured enough change over the years and that she would easily get use to the new her.

In all honestly, as the young woman had traveled over the mountains, her thoughts had wandered. Within the pack she had Fenru and Ice, two males that had been a huge help in her life for the past few months and never had they once hurt her…at least not intentionally. She would have been better off with them, but the Swiftpaw knew that the only male that held her heart that so was Hotei…or so she thought. Constantly Jessie had to remind herself that the man had changed his name…why, she did not know. The woman did want to though and it hurt her to know that he would not be there for her any longer. Had he realized that the pack had relocated? Was he looking for her?

So many thoughts went through her head when she touched down in the Fireweed Rise, the beautiful orange, yellow, and red flowers that sprouted out of the ground making her smile. However, as she made her way through the beautiful area, she was not expecting tiny giggles and shouts to greet her ears. Narrowing her eyes, she looked through the tall grass and beautiful flowers to see a pup that looked familiar to her. Yet…the little pup was only a few months old. Clearing her throat, she spoke strongly, concern dripping into her voice, "Why aren’t you with your Mother and Father? What is your name, Little Pup?"

(This post was last modified: Jun 23, 2013, 02:45 AM by Jessie.)
[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive Deceased
Malia Thorben

Peeking her tiny head up slowly from behind the red flowers, the Thorben pup felt absolutely no fear when she definitely should have. Mom said never talk to strangers but... they were not strangers now because they had just met and seen each other! Confident that her interpretation of this "golden rule" was correct, the rusty-colored pup stood up from her position and wandered through the flowers to meet the much larger 'acquaintance.' She was big, but not as large as daddy. Her fur was more like mommy's except darker, and she had pretty eyes the color of grass. Malia hoped she would have grass eyes.

"My name is Malia," the girl replied, looking at the wolf strangely as if wondering why she was not aware of her name already. "My Mommy is called Narime and my Daddy is called Sloane,"she added needlessly, already chatting away. "And I can go wherever I want! No one can stop me, and I want to explore! My brothers were scaredy-wolves and they would not come with me, so I went by myself. Who are you, lady?"

Malia was curious. If she was part of Whisper Caverns, she had not met her yet. And she smelled funny, but not in a haha-giggle way, more like in a weird way. She did not smell like Mommy, Daddy, or Yuka and Titan (not that anyone would want to smell like those two anyway, they were stinky.) The thought that this female full-grown wolf could be an unsavory character never even crossed her mind.

(This post was last modified: Jun 23, 2013, 03:42 PM by Malia.)
Played by Mily who has 194 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
He had been out hunting on the far end of the rise. Kasai both relished and feared the sight of this fiery meadow. It brought back old memories of burning fire glowing bright red and orange all around him just like this meadow. However the scent of the flowers and the blue sky overhead would remind the male that his painful past was now behind him.

His hunt had been very successful. The dark wolf had a ground hog and a rabbit clamped into his jaws. He also had a full belly after finding a deer carcass just north of the rise that morning. Now the wolf was headed back towards his home in the calming willows. His head swung back and forth gazing around at the landscape until the males yellow gaze lay fixed upon a shape in the distance. The gray fur stood out among the fiery flowers that surrounded the wolf, and Kasai's heart skipped a beat. Is that Jessie? What's she doing out here? He turned and began padding swiftly towards the gray shape.

Unable to bark a hello the dark man simply padded forward until he was close enough for his yellow eyes to pick out her green ones. It was then that the wolfs tail wagged knowing that the lithe form was Jessie and not some other wolf. A deep loving growl echoed in his chest as he came closer. Until he heard a tiny voice speak up. Kasai's humming growl paused as he padded forward to stand next to Jessie's shoulder. His yellow gaze settled warily upon a little rusty she pup who'd called herself Malia.

"Jessie... Any reason you have a Whisper Caverns pup with you?." The dark man raised his eyebrow towards her quizzically. The man could tell just by the pups scent that it was from the new Cavern pack that lay close to Elettra's hunting grounds.

[Image: hashtags-jessiehotei02.png]
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Before the little pup could answer, the sound of a loving, rumbling growl caught her attention and for a moment she froze up, worried that it was the pup’s father coming to cause havoc upon her life, but it was not. Thankfully, it was only Hotei…or Kasai, as she had recently found out when she had been around Sloane. Her heart skipped a beat, but her attention was stolen back when a squeaky voice answered her question. The answer she had been expecting not being the one that was given to her. Holy…shit. Narimé and Sloane were going to kick her ass if she didn’t bring Malia back to them. At least she had some form of reinforcements with her now. She couldn’t help but inhale the scent of the fresh kill that Hotei had dangling from his jaws, her jade eyes drawn to it. She had not eaten much since she had started her journey back and the sight of the prey made her mouth water. However, her attention was snapped away again when the little pup spoke.

Flicking her tail, Jessie spoke in an even, calm voice, "I am Jessie Swiftpaw and this is my ma-friend, Ho-Kasai." She tripped up on her words twice, mentally chastising herself. This was a pup! Hotei and her own business was none of her concern, but Jess had no clue how to address her love’s name and so instead had gone with what he had told Sloane. Remembering words from earlier, her ears flickered in the direction of Hotei listening to his words before breathing under her breath her answer, just loud enough for him to hear, "I was just about to ask myself the same question." She then turned to the small pup, "You know…Malia…we can play a game. It’s called, Let’s See Who Can Get To Narimé First….I happen to be quite fast." She let a playful growl escape her muzzle, willing the pup to have young fun overcome her and make the temptation strong enough to get the girl into the “game.”

Inactive Deceased
Malia Thorben

Malia regarded this new stranger indignantly. "My name is Malia! Not pup!" she growled, trying to sound menacing. The rusty-colored wolf walked up to him and sniffed him, wrinkling her nose, then stepping back and looked at Jessie. Swiftpaw? That's a silly last name, the girl thought to herself. She then moved her body position so she was again pointed towards this male. "Hello Hokasai," Malia greeted, deciding that this wolf had an extremely strange name as well. He definitely was not part of her family, either!

The pup's ears perked up in interest as she heard Jessie say something about games. "I would beat both of you easy!" she declared proudly, trying to make herself look bigger than she really was. "But Mommy is busy and she would get mad." Malia sat her rump on the ground and looked at Jessie curiously. "Do you know of any other fun games?

(This post was last modified: Jun 29, 2013, 09:05 PM by Malia.)
Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
Kasai rolled his eyes when Jessie addressed him by his new name. Her presence since he'd come to Lore had helped the male through many hardships and honestly he didn't care what she called him. In fact he rather liked the idea of being called Hotei by her and only her. Only those he felt closest to would know of his birth name and may call him by it. Then the pup addressed him with an indignant sniff and mistook his name.

"My name is Kasai Kage. It is not Hokasai. " He told the pup sternly keeping his head held high in a dominant manner. It was never too early to teach a pup manners. "and Jessie. I don't think I want to be around when this pups parents come looking for her. Maybe we should keep watch for danger over there and wait for her parents to show?" He disliked the idea of playing with the pup just to get her to head back towards her own territory. For all they knew the pup wasn't even sure where her territory was!

Looking down at the rust hued pup named Malia, Kasai wondered how she'd even gotten away from her pup sitters and parents in the first place. By the scent of the border there was a fair number of wolves in the pack. Certainly enough to watch the pups and keep them within the borders. So why was this little one alone?

Kasai thought of her parents. That Sloane Thorben male and young Narimé. Perhaps she really was too young and inexperienced to raise pups, let alone rule a pack. There was simply too much responsibility for such young alpha's to share. "We could also howl for someone. I'm sure a guardian would come running to a pair of wolves howling at the border.." He suggested to Jessie then looked towards the forest dotting the edge of the meadow.

Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She dearly wished the young pup would have complied with her wishes the first time instead of letting the stressed woman know that Narimé was too busy. She had never heard of such a thing as a mother being too busy to look after her own daughter, she even voiced her thoughts, "I call bullsh- I mean bogus on that, little girl." The salt-and-pepper colored woman looked down upon Malia, not believing what she was saying, though a light flush did cover her body, causing her to burn in embarrassment at how she had almost used inappropriate language in front of her friend’s child. Wincing slightly, and trying to cover it up, knowing that Hotei was standing right next to her, she felt her body burn in embarrassment as her love corrected her. She had almost slipped up twice and in the process had ended up mixing up the child’s brain. Hotei’s low hums in her ear made it hard for her to concentrate on what he was actually saying to her, but when his meaning became clear. Nodding her head, she approached the borders, only hoping that no one would tear her throat out.

Lifting her head up slightly, she let her throaty, powerful howl resonate from the borders, calling for @Narimé or @Sloane’s presence at the borders for their children. Taking a step back, she leaned into the comfort of the scarred male next to her, silently hoping he would not flinch back from her touch as she feared he would do. Turning back towards the pup, she tried to make conversation with the daughter of her close friend, "So Malia, do you have any siblings?" She tilted her head slightly, trying to distract the pup from what she had just done. At her age it shouldn’t have been crossed her mind and made sense as to what she had just done. Hopefully someone within the pack would heed her call and come to her. Then she would not have to dwell on anything any longer.

Inactive Deceased
Malia Thorben

Malia looked up at this "Kasai" with an angry expression on her face. He was being a grump, and not any fun! Plus he was talking about her in front of her like she was not there! "I can take care of myself," she said, trying to act as intimidating as possible with as loud and deep a growl/squeak she could muster. "If you don't like it maybe you should go," she then added haughtily, trying to sit up straight. There was no way she would take any orders from strangers, especially one that tried to act like he was better!

She then shot a glance at Jessie, who seemed to be making a lot of mistakes talking today. The girl was not sure how she had been planning to finish that sentence in the first place, but it was embarrassing enough to cause Jessie to look a little uncomfortable. "Why do you two care so much about what I do! It is my business!" The Thorben cub was quickly becoming irritated with these two new wolves. They were ordering her around and saying she was lying, when she was not! She was a part of this pack, not them! Then the gray wolf howled for someone and it sounded like she was calling for mommy! What was she even doing!? Malia bared her teeth.

As Jessie began asking her questions the girl managed to calm down a little. The fur that had been standing up straight in an attempt to make herself look bigger laid down on her back, and she sat back down on the grass. "I have two brothers, Yuka and Titan," she said, happy to talk about herself. "They're boring scaredy-cats," she announced to the two wolves.

Inactive Deceased
Hotei Tainn
Kasai remained rigid while Malia began trying to argue with them. He turned his gaze away from the pair of females and searched the area for any sign of other wolves or other dangers. His yellow orbs disappeared under a series of blinks as the male sighed tired of the young pups increasingly loud growling. He was about to snap at her to stop when Jessie piped in asking the little runt about her siblings. So while holding his tongue Kasai turned his measuring gaze upon the pup who seemed to have calmed down while talking to his Jessie.

"I see... Boring scaredy-cats eh..." He flicked his gaze back to the packs borders hoping to see or hear other wolves beyond the meadows whispering grasses. "Titan Malia and Yuka Thorben then.. " Elettra might be glad to know of the three pups in Whisper Caverns. It gives her a clue on how large this bordering pack is growing. He didn't finish the sentence instead thinking the last portion softly in his head. Kasai only thought of the pack bordering his own as a hindrance. Competition for food and resources that El and her pups needed. He still did not know of the alliance set into place by Elettra and WC alpha's.

"So you are the top dog among your brothers?" The burnt man asked the pup feigning amusement. "Do you beat them up?." He looked over to Jessie wondering what her reaction to his question would be even though he'd asked it to Malia. His yellow gaze caught her green one's and for once it was Kasai who looked away unnerved by that beautiful gaze.