646 Users Online
Google, Bing

constant conquest
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 19 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Partessence Lumason
@Elettra
Partessence had tailed the woman all the way from the meadow...Which actually really wasn't all that much of a hike. It was a little embarrassing, having to chase after her. But Party was persistent and determined, and didn't particularly like being ignored if there was no reason behind it. After the first mile, she'd stopped trying to get the woman's attention and merely followed her in hopes that she'd eventually stop. Frustrated and embarrassed, Partessence shifted from a trot into a gallop, making use of what little energy she had left to catch up with the clearly stubborn woman. There would be ample apologies from the lips of the yellow-eyed woman, but only once she caught up with the nameless leader. It didn't look good on her end to chase relentlessly after a pack leader to hound her with curiosities without apologizing. Partessence was an adult, even if it didn't seem like it at times.

It was hard in a new place, after she'd spent so long under the care of her parents. She'd come into her own eventually, if given a chance. It had been sparse picking so far, in terms of company. Maybe this woman would bring out the best in her...Or maybe the worst. Partessence wasn't too concerned in thinking about what could be though, she was far more worried about actually catching up to the woman and not pissing her off. <b style="color:#8f8806">"I just want to talk to you!" Partessence barked, all friendliness drained from her voice, replaced with frustration. Her sprint slowed to a speedy walk and she panted heavily, ears twisted back as her head hung low. They stood in a field of brightly colored grasses and flowers now. They brushed against Party's nose as she pulled herself forward, and she withheld a sneeze, not wanting to embarrass herself further. <b style="color:#8f8806">

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The chase was on and Elettra was not budging. Her temper was short and already dwindled to nothing due to the short interaction with that way to friendly, peppy woman, Elettra thought it best to pack up and take it back home. She could return to the Cavern pack wolves another day, when they did not have rogues and potential new members upon their borders. Besides, the distance between hew pack lands and the next were not that far, not far at all, actually, taking merely hours of her time which now moved to scouting out for prey or perhaps herbs to collect as she made her way home. However, it was very hard to concentrate with someone following you, but by now Elettra's silence remained if only because she was left to wonder exactly how long this woman planned to trail behind her.
She was quick, Elettra would give her that and so, in time, she did catch up, proving her speed and stamina outweighed Elettra's own for lack of strength and girth. When the younger woman calls out again, Eletta stops abruptly, her nose dipping down low and yanking at some yellow colored vegetation: Yellow Rattle. "Your a determined woman." Elettra speaks, though her attention remained upon the plant. It was a compliment even though the dark woman had yet pained the woman much mind. In truth, if Elettra had been angered or irritated with her presence, she would have turned on the petite woman long ago. "Yellow Rattle..." She speaks, almost to herself but obviously loud enough for the other woman to hear before picking at the plant. Perhaps it was a 'Healer's thing' but Elettra nearly automatically said along the plants as she picked them, training others and her own memory alike.
Partessence Lumason
She felt like yipping her praises to the skies when the darker woman finally stopped. But instead, Partessence merely caught up with the woman, an amused smile on her face. She gave the slightest of nods, some kind of respect for the leader. <b style="color:#8f8806">"I've been known to be that way." The gray-brown woman grinned, though it was clearly an embarrassed expression. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Sorry about that, though. I..." The darker woman said something as she picked a plant from the ground, and Party fell silent for a moment. <b style="color:#8f8806">"I think I'd rather talk to you than that woman by the meadow." Chuckling, she settled to her haunches, giving her legs a break.

<b style="color:#8f8806">"Partessence Lumason, Party for short." Her yellow eyes drifted over the dark leader, looking for some sign that she wasn't about to get her ears chewed off. She didn't necessarily want to be chatty, since that was what they both had just run away from, but she was awfully curious about what "yellow rattle" was. Probably a healer thing. Party didn't really know much about that stuff. But she figured it could be something to save for later, if there was a later. In the mean time, she would keep her chatting to a minimum. Besides, she was much larger than Party was. But Partessence wasn't under the impression that she'd get any violence thrown her way. Sure, she'd chased the leader down, but she hadn't known that she wouldn't stop until now. And she'd already gone so far...Why give up so soon, because there was always a chance for apologies later. And they already shared an opinion, of course. <b style="color:#8f8806">

(This post was last modified: Jul 25, 2013, 06:12 PM by Party.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The woman smiled sheepishly, admitting her obvious tail-tale personality trait as well as apologizing for having followed her like a creeper over all this time. Elettra says nothing, uncertain if she should be upset with the woman or pleased, though found herself straddling the lines of amusement and wonder at it. Did she follow her all this way just so she could talk to her instead of that other, oddly peppy woman? "Are you in such need for company that you would follow me all the way here?" She pauses, her question flat and her eyes narrowing for a moment on the woman before a smirk would crawl to her features and her eyes lifted with a new found brightness. "...Or am I just that appealing?" She huffs, a half made laugh as she pads at the cluster of flowers she had ripped up previously which now settled before her paws. The much smaller woman had sat and so, Elettra did too. The woman was not much of a casual talker. Being of royal upbringing, she had been a princes for quite some time before living a year as Grizzly Hollow's right hand man and now, Leader. She was a business woman, a busy woman, and held little time for idle chit-chatting.
Still, Elettra's time she had planned to spend within Whisper Caverns had been drastically shortened due to the sickly sweet woman's display. Her afternoon wondering the claimed territory with a hope to know the lands and see Narime's children had been passed up for another day. Surprisingly, Elettra did have time for this woman. "I do hope that woman does not join the Cavern wolves. She leaves a sour taste in my mouth not worth aligning myself with...." Elettra admits, her nose wrinkling to the thought. Though Elettra was far from happy-go-lucky, all smiles and laughter and a need to make friends, Elettra had patience for some of these individuals. Narime had been overly friendly in her youth and Kyrie far too kind for her own good. But Elettra of course, could only take so much. "Elettra Archer, Lead to Willow Ridge just north of here." Already the darker woman had offered this rogue much. Who were pack was, where it was and so closely to an ally of hers. She should be grateful for such words of wisdom.
Partessence Lumason
Admittedly, Party hadn't been one-hundred percent sure why she'd followed the leader all the way here. She'd had an inkling in the meadow, but in her haste to catch up with the dark female, it seemed to have slipped her mind. It took her a moment to discover it again, while she was feeling the momentary panic over the dark woman's narrowed gaze. But thankfully a smile reappeared, and Party chuckled, her tail wagging. <b style="color:#8f8806">"I dunno, miss. I got a thing for strong women." Partessence winked, grinning. It had been true enough. The woman seemed strong, true to her word. Partessence liked that. <b style="color:#8f8806">"I mean, it's not even day you see a woman being the strong one in a pack. My mom wasn't much like that." Partessence meant to offense to her mother. She was a sweet enough woman, but liked to tell little fairy tales and make sure her father didn't do silly things.

The subject turned back to the strange woman in the meadow. Partessence found herself agreeing with the dark woman, but did not think her opinion had much merit. <b style="color:#8f8806">"She seemed a bit uh...Fake." Party said idly, eyes drifting off for a moment, letting the darker woman sift through her own thoughts. Clearly the female had been bad enough to drive the Leader away, and Partessence had been off-put by her as well. Something had definitely been off. Her bright yellow eyes lifted again, surprised to find that the leader was introducing herself. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Nice t' meet ya, Archer." Party smiled, glad to hear of her pack's name as well. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Partessence Lumason, of Battery Canyon. Well, I was of Battery Canyon. I find myself without affiliation these days." Chuckling, her tail wagged. <b style="color:#8f8806">

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The smirk upon her grey hued lips does not seize, offering her own slight waving of her tail to brush the red colors of the Rise as she sat. She was a bold woman, proud of herself and knew her to be of the birthing of royalty and never would she forget such upbringing which had helped her get thus far. However, she knew the strength of herself, bloodline or not, and knew that had she not been as powerful as this woman before her thought, she would now have last as a sole ruling Leader this long. "I have yet to meet a male Lead within the packs of Relic Lore that take control over the pack as a whole..." No. Nina had managed to gather the remaining of the Copper Rock Creek pack her own and found a male to stand at her side until her true mate could be with her. Not to mention the two mountain packs and though Elettra knew not of their lifestyle, it seemed there too that the woman took controlling demand. Not to mention, of course, herself. Even when Koda was at her side, rare did he speak up amongst the group as a whole.
"As for myself, until a man is capable enough to prove himself worthy of Leadership at my side by challenging my rather intimidating Second, I rule alone." Though little did she like tossing out information about the pack and it's lack of Leadership, Elettra had over time lost a bit of paranoia that someone would try to overthrow her and as the pups grew and the members became ever more protective of them, Elettra knew despite their faults and weaknesses, they trusted their Leader that she would not turn them into ruin. Besides, though Guiness would never officially hold the title, he was well enough a Leading figure in the pack, at least as it's protector to her Leadership, all to his own.
Elettra is left to snort at the mention of the other woman though leaves it at that, taking in this smaller woman's name and the nickname which went with the mouthful. Party. Certainly particular and kind of childish, all fun and no work sounding to Elettra, but obviously the name did not fit the woman. If she was about not working, she would not have worked so hard in order to gain her attentions. "Tess". Though they had only just met, Elettra tests the nickname for her on her own lips, silver eyes observing the other woman as she did so to see how she might react. "I assume you had interest in Whisper Caverns?" After all, she had been snooping around the borders just as the other woman had. Elettra would not blame her. From what she had seen of the lands when they were neutral, it wads a beautiful place. As of yet, more and more rogues were scented but less and less approached the Ridge's gate. Perhaps word had gotten out about it's strict, intimidating ruler. Not to mention, Elettra being the only Lead and unable to stray far from her home with the pups did put a damper on gaining members. Not that she was desperate. Elettra had no intention of letting anyone at her doorstep into the pack around her new pups.
Partessence Lumason
She was surprised to hear that. Elettra seemed like a strong woman. Why wouldn't a guy want to get with that? It occurred to the woman that maybe that was the issue, rather than something to be praised. What a horrible thought, that a strong woman was enough to drive away a man. She supposed she'd find herself quite along then. Not that Party was all that worried about men. Sure, she was in the prime of her life, and sure, maybe the pitter patter of little feet would have been nice. But she wasn't looking for it. Things that landed in her lap were much more pleasant. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Maybe you oughta stop looking for dudes and start looking for ladies?" Partessence chuckled, mostly joking. Something like that was a novel idea, but certainly it couldn't work. The leaders were expected to reproduce, right?

Intimidating second? Peh, Party bet she could take him. Big and brawny right? If anything, she was more likely to frustrate him into submission than actually beat him into it. <b style="color:#8f8806">"I'm sure a knight in shining armor will come along one day and uh...Win ya." Partessence shrugged. It didn't seem like that big of a deal to her. Elettra still had her pack and her big intimidating guard second. Why did she need a man? Even without a guy by her side, she could probably coax someone into her ranks into providing her pack with pups. It was a morale booster, Party assumed.

Partessence smirked as the dark woman gave her a nickname of her own. Archer and Tess. Heh, it had a ring to it. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Sounds like we could be a couple of ragtag mistresses. Robbing caches in the night." With a shake of her head, she let her tail wag carefully behind her. Whisper Caverns? So that was the name of the pack. She shook her head with a bit more meaning now, frowning slightly. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Oh no. Just poking my nose in where it doesn't belong, I guess. I'm a bit of a free range wolf." Chuckling, she looked a little embarrassed. If she was being honest with herself, Partessence kinda liked this Archer woman. She somehow managed to be strict, but free...She was her own woman. It was pretty cool. <b style="color:#8f8806">

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
"Perhaps." A smirk dawns over the features of the darkly cloaked woman, painted in a molted mix of varying grays, black, and a silver and gold shine to her in the brightness of the sun, highlighting and underlining her otherwise grey scaled coating. Of course, her desire in women was only as equal to her desire in their capabilities, their alliance and companionship within the ranks. Lust, love was something that never struck her interest within a woman, though having a harem of women where men within the ranks had failed. "Having no man at my side has not hindered me yet." And here, her eyes danced upon her own figure, slimming down from the plumpness of pregnancy and although she had just recently finished weening her children from milk and onto regurgitated foods, still the signs at her belly allowed the other woman to know a generation within her pack still had been birthed. There need no mates, there need to love, for Elettra to get the job done.
Now that Party's thoughts in wooing a man long enough to get him to offer her pups in order to keep her pack strong and secure her position had been answered, Elettra's greying lips parted for a small chuckle at Party's mentioning of a man 'wooing' her. It seemed far more complicated then it had to be, for it was not her intimidation, her bold and dominant nature, nor her power that drew men away. In fact, there had been quite a few men within Relic Lore that had not only captured Elettra's attention, but she too captured theirs. Alas, all had thus as of yet fallen through, one failure after another when she had not the ability to feeling understand their feelings for her or perhaps, her lack of capability to open herself to them. A thought of @Angier crossed her attentions then. A man who knew of her lack of openness, the struggles she had been through (or at least those within her time in the Hollow) and yet still pledged to not only prove himself worthy to hold the title of Lead, but prove himself worthy to her. ...Elettra was near certain this would fall flat, as all, too.
"They wouldn't know what hit them." A slight growl, playful at that at the mention of them being quite the pair, thieves in the night, taking whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Although taking from the weak was not something Elettra normally did, it was not to say that within her homeland it had been done before. Though they were ran by Lawful creatures, bending the law using a more Chaotic breed was not below them. Right now, however, the western region bloomed with allied packs. They were more likely to help one another where they were weak, then to steal from one another. However yet still, Elettra's wonder of the pack's across the mountains yet still bloomed. She knew the once River wolves must be there, along with Phineas and of course, the betraying duo, Shade and Rose. "Well in that case, you have traveled with me thus far, perhaps you would be interested in following me further?" Surely she would catch the gesture, that in following her she meant following her as a subordinate, as others followed Elettra as a Leader within the ranks. After all, Party's skills in stamina and her personality traits in determination, drive, and boldness without a brash touch, was something that Elettra had thus enjoyed. Friendly, yes, but not obnoxious and childish as the one left behind, ether.
Partessence Lumason
She was glad that Elettra had taken her "ladies" comment with a grain of salt. Partessence was a playful soul, and sometimes that meant that she didn't always keep her words to herself. It sounded good in forethought and hadn't sounded bad after she'd said it. But she didn't always jump the gun, so to say. The woman could calculate and be thoughtful when it was necessary, but she didn't think it was all that necessary now, and certainly if it had been, she probably wouldn't have been standing here still. Her yellow eyes drifted from Elettra's face and along her spine, then down a bit. Well, it had been spring. The minute comment almost made Party laugh, as though she'd had some sort of immaculate conception. That probably wasn't the case. Like she'd thought earlier, pups were good for morale and reestablishing dominance. All she needed was a guy to kickstart it, and that's exactly what she'd done. More power to her, though she couldn't help but feel a little bad for the pups who hardly had a father. Then again, she didn't know the exact circumstances, so she let her thoughts drift elsewhere, and her eyes drift back towards the woman's face.

Partessence cracked her own toothy grin, tipping her head back in a cocky manner. Something in her made her so curious about this woman. Sure, she was strong and smart and obviously capable of handling a whole pack on her own. But there must've been something else there. Partessence wouldn't ask, she couldn't, and while the curiosity didn't necessarily eat away at her, it did serve to intrigue her further, past the boundaries of her lone attitude and into the mentality of one who wanted to live like another. And why not? At this point in her life, she was done. There was no more growing to be done, and she was essentially well-rounded, though had her preferences in duty. Being her own wolf was what she desired, but if she was to help others...How could she do that if she was so set on being alone? It was a terrible mangle of thoughts, the desire to be alone and yet the desire to help others have what she did, too! But maybe she'd just found her detangler.

It seemed as though Elettra had read her mind, and Party blinked, slightly surprised. Her tail gave a slow wag as she seriously pondered the woman's question. In a way, her mind was already made up. This was the right choice. Partessence was small. What defenses did she have? None. Fighting was not her forte. Hunting wasn't even really her forte, either. Of course she could hunt, or else she would be dead by now, but she was no master of speed, only stamina. Slowly, she began to nod, then faster and she nodded. <b style="color:#8f8806">"Uh, well...Sure!" Cracking a smile, she could only imagine the opportunities... <b style="color:#8f8806">

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The pale of her grey attention shifts, watching over the smaller woman as she moves her gaze to look her over, obviously taken notice to the signals in her body which would comfirm the truth of her statement. A single brow rose as she watched Party, quite through this examination and her features lacked once the woman returned her attention. In truth, Party's worries of the children's lack of a father was sound. Kiche after breeding with her, had done everything in his power to avoid not only taking place as father to the children, but place as Leader of the pack, despite the obvious fact he had worked his way up to Second and the Lead position had been left open. He had not the will, nor the care, as Party held obviously in her following Elettra all this way. So Elettra scrapped him. The woman had no intention of begging a man to be her children's father. Had no intention of begging him to stay at her side, and none equally to allow a Second and member within her ranks to stay there without earning their keep. Kiche's services were no longer needed and his uses run dry.
No tear shed in the woman's loss. The immense care Skana offered them, the guardianship Guiness gave them, and the teachings Angier had displayed was more then enough to keep her children busy. Already three months, never had the questioning words of 'father' graced their lips. So far Elettra was the only parent they ever knew and so, the only parent they ever needed. A smile crept to her features as the thought of her young as 'Tess' was left to ponder the question, a wave of her tail signalling that perhaps Elettra would have a successful day. And she did, the news causing her own tail to wave lightly behind her as her rump shifted over the red hued grasses, once more towing at the herb before her. "Now that I know of your drive and your stamina to fulfill it... What other qualities might you have?" After all, she was her newest member now, destined to work within the ranks as everyone else did. Though it was work and hard work at that, it was not like Elettra was asking of her members something completely out of the ordinary. Packs thrived by their members working together and the Matriarch was determined to make sure each and every one of them were doing their part. No free loaders.