on a big ol' fancy car
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kira who has 198 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
all these roads still be wrong
INKHEART
but i still drive them all night long

This was an incredulously surprising turnout when he had not expected to run into any company up by the Hills at all. She was surprisingly quaint, very simple yet very bright. Even though he hadn’t expected her company, he certainly was enjoying it now that he had. Especially since she didn’t want to shy away from him or be like a few others in this land who gave him two words and then basically told him to screw off. Instead, she welcomed his company and brought him closer. Even accepting his assistance when he handed it to her.

“Actually they were already born, one boy and one girl.” Phineas and Borlla were very lucky parents and one day he hoped that his time to be a parent would be splendid. It was the next important step in his life that he needed to fulfill, to find a female that he knew he couldn’t live without and who wanted to start a family with him. In time he figured that the situation would arise but for now he knew patience would be a hellish virtue to possess.

A genuine smiled crossed his face as they reached the stream he spoke of, finding that she somewhat accepted his proposal of a pack to call home. It might not have been much of an offer when she didn’t know much about it, but it was the least he could do. “I know that there is a pack south but I haven’t met anyone there yet,” he chuckled, “guess I should stop slacking and find out.” After all, that was part of the duties that he usually burdened himself with so he needed to pick up the slack and discover it himself.

“We can share,” he smiled and looked to the water, “but I would like you to eat plenty.”

i'm always looking for threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Switch who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette had always liked to meet others, or better friendly strangers who meant no harm. She had made a couple friends that way, even if it was unlikely she would see them again. While she might have sense he was being nice out of pity she wouldn't let that thought rain on her parade. The young lady couldn't afford to push help aside right now, no matter what form it came in. Inkheart was better distraction than the red hills. She wasn't tripping over her tongue in his company.

A faint picture of tiny faces played in her mind, but she didn't know what these ones looked like so they were fuzzy, smiling blobs. "Nothing like pups to bring a pack together." She was a bit surprised those words had came out of her mouth, but she only smiled pleasantly. Puppies had a sense of drawing things together, and who didn't love them? The time at White Cove she had cherished watching over their last litter. Pups were innocent of many a thing, and it had cured her bits of homesickness. That was probably as close as she would be to being a mother. This spring she had chosen against the idea despite being physically able.

Walking beside the dark cloaked Inkheart, she took brief glimpses at him from the corner of her eye. Silently, she tried to map everything in her mind knowing she could possibly need it later. White tail swayed in rhythm with her hips as she made sure to keep stride. A pack south, she mused wondering if that was the one she hoped to find. Wasn't that in those..woods?

Ears that had been cast back lifted at his deep chuckle. She wished everyone she met was as good humored, good natured as this one."Are the wolves moving to this side or something?" The smile became more of a grin, though she quirked her brow wondering if that was the case and why. Shaking her head, pale eyes cast down to the stream glad it was only a stream. Stopping she bent for a drink, cleaning her chin quickly. "I won't argue against that" she murmured, with some trepidation looking back at him with a grateful expression.

"Do you know of something? I could probably help with a deer, but it's been awhile."

(This post was last modified: Jul 01, 2013, 09:02 PM by Arlette.)
[Image: oaktreebend.png]
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
INKHEART

It was true, puppies seem to bring a pack together. Whether he knew it or not, the fact that Borlla had been pregnant had been one of the factors into creating a pack. Inkheart wouldn’t complain, though. If it hadn’t been for Phineas creating a pack, he likely would have kept moving. No other pack here had truly kept his attention like the Glen had, as it didn’t seem like any pack truly suited his nature. At least here it was truly like a fresh start—he would begin and end with the pack (he hoped). “I’d say so,” he smiled, “you’re absolutely correct.” He knew that he was delighted to have children be a part of the pack because they would be a great asset. Children were a desire of his, but he’d have to live precariously through the stories that he hoped to hear (and hopefully be a part of occasionally) about Kyros and Hypatia.

While they walked he kept to a steady stride, not wanting to walk further than her legs could carry her. At first he didn’t understand her response, confused at what she could possibly mean by them moving to this side. “Uh, not to my knowledge. They’ve just recently settled there I think.” Of course, he also wasn’t aware that it was one of the packs that had already existed that simply moved to a new location.

As to what they were going to eat, he was somewhat stunned for a second. “I had something easy like a couple rabbits in mind, but we could try taking down a doe.” If taking down larger prey was what she wanted and they were capable of taking it down with just the two of them, then he would gladly follow her.

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
White tail gave an off beat wag by his comment, not sure why her heart felt a lot lighter in his presence. Perhaps his warm eyes were melting the ice, deep voice assuring to an over anxious lady still trying to figure out where she too belonged.

Grateful to continuing moving to keep her mind from getting to worried over quiet, she didn't notice any bewilderment. Inkheart seemed more of a thoughtful sort as it was. His statement was not as well rehearsed as his other speech, and an ear tucked back. Maybe, she wasn't getting the hang of this. "I.. just heard a pack from the west was thinking of moving here so I guess I thought maybe others had wanted to do the same, " she tried to explain, briefly her pale eyes meeting his more vivid stare. Arlette shrugged her shoulders, if to brush it aside with the gesture. Maybe, Fenru wasn't here yet. The thought made her tail fall, both ears reside to her white crown. What a long walk for nothing. Actually, she did just get an offer for a home. So far her first impression of the black cloaked man wasn't so bad.

Hoping none of that was noticed, she eventually perked up. "Oh, rabbits are fine," she was quick to reply. "All the loners I meet are just so eager for a deer I wanted to give you fair warning it might be of no use. You probably get you're fill of that any way," she commented. Suddenly her stomach gave a soft rumble and she tried to cover it with a laugh. She decided to stop, letting her nose twitch, her eyes look for something promising. "Hmm you think there might be a warren in that brush over yonder?" Carefully, she tried to point out the bit of a hill that was lined with some brush, dotted with a couple trees.

(This post was last modified: Jul 19, 2013, 02:34 PM by Arlette.)
Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
INKHEART

Inkheart felt the same but in her presence; she simply had an air about her that seemed so very familiar. A feeling that he had not felt since the disappearance of Amelie but it was certainly a good one. He would never turn down the company of a woman that made him feel at home and amazingly comfortable. Arlette simply had some sort of bewitching thing that really twisted him, as he didn’t understand why felt so comfortable with her. Perhaps he felt attracted to her, it wouldn’t be the first time he was attracted to a woman with a light-colored pelt. They were usually where his interests lie no matter what.

“It very likely could be a pack from the west,” he replied in hopes that he had not deterred her from her previous question. He simply had not met any of them or seen any of them so he didn’t know if they had relocated from somewhere else. The only thing known to him is that they had sprouted seemingly out of nowhere and would need to be reported back to Phineas. They deserved to know of new neighbors.

The walk lifted his spirits, allowing his thoughts to just melt off of his shoulders with such ease. It could have been her or the steady conversation he had that didn’t feel forced out of him, but it was definitely a welcome change. “I’m perfectly alright with the little things,” he didn’t need too much to keep himself fed and as long as he could at least feed her he’d be satisfied, “a warren might be there? I haven’t really checked but we can now.” It was all up to her if she could deal with his company for a little bit longer.

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
<3 sorry for the wait, i didn't want a rambling arlette post for you.
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
His voice came again, optimistic, if he might have picked up her unhappiness and wanted to instill in her hope. "Maybe," she agreed, taking a breath, finding herself holding onto a small smile in the end. It wasn't like she had much to do she couldn't find out. Traveling alone, without answering to anyone was good for this exploring stuff. Even if that really wasn't her intentions. Thinking in that way put things in a better light, because if things didn't work out the idea of going to Magnolia Glenn was not terrible in the least. There was guilt gnawing at the edge of her heart, when she had told @Fenru he couldn't come with her. If she hadn't done that she could have went with him home, and she wouldn't have spent all this time....all alone.

White paws descended and raised along the ground she told herself the past could not be changed as she had countless times before. Inkheart was easily chasing away any loneliness. While they walked she would steal glance at him, still marveled by his height, and long furs. If she was a child,which she was not, she would have asked if it grew longer in snow fall. Instead she thought that was something she would like to see for herself.

Suddenly, the tension that had meld her shoulders began to lighten, and it did seem easier to breathe. "Yes, little things don't kick," she muttered, remembering when she had officially hunted larger game, watching Jayse get struck down. Arlette again found her pale, yellow eyes looking at the dark gentleman so the thought would leave her. When she did so, he spoke not sure if there was. "Well, lets find out," and she flashed him a grin, before setting her face in a more serious gaze, finding her limbs picking up speed, she began to not quite run toward the area. A short race of sorts, getting them ready to scout something out. Soon she reached it, she began to set her nose to work, shifting along thinking there had to be a small critter some where.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
INKHEART

Although he had not known this young girl for very long he already felt a strange desire to protect her. Their names had been shared with one another and they had been within presence of one another for a calm conversation to start, but they were still around the area of acquaintences (maybe even friends, if it was a mutual feeling). However, he could not shake the feeling that he just wanted to shelter her and help her out with anything that he had the power over. Locating her to a pack, finding long lost family members and friends... he'd do it just for her if need be. It was probably weird for a stranger like him to see such potential but, there was a glimmer in her eyes that he could not forget.

Ha, he answered in response to her wit finding that she was at least somewhat true, you've clearly never been in a death match with a long legged hare. Unfortunately for him his story was one from when he was younger and the rabbit seemed ginormous at the time and had literally been just a little smaller than himself. That thing sure had not wished to be hunted or chased, and had given an astounding kick as Inkheart put all of his puppy weight into laying on top of the rabbit after pouncing until his sister had butt in to actually put it out.

Inkheart began to walk with the grinning beauty and then that turned into something of a jog, starting up their legs to get them ready for a sprinting run to catch whatever they found. The two went to sniffing, picking up little signs here and there and little trails but some too faint to trace. Secretly, he wanted her to start them off just so he could follow behind (what a weirdo).

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
For now Arlette did consider him a friend, but wasn't letting herself be fully set on the title. How easy a friend could change into something unrecognizable, something hated instead of loved. While she did not like being weary, suspicious, she couldn't change who she had become. Realize what she did, and to try to catch herself. This wasn't a moment she wanted to spoil thinking he was the dark wolf, not just the black one in some dire tale.

"What?" The young lady questioned, her tone lightning up if a last was just about to burst forth. "You have?" This was a story she had to hear. Expectantly, she looked upon him, but realized how like a little girl that was. Instead she cleared her throat, collecting her paws into the next gear. Trying to assure him, he didn't have to share. Arlette didn't know to be amused or worried. Hares were bigger than rabbits, so were they more mean? Was he only teasing?

Suddenly, she wasn't sure if she wanted to find one. Then again, her muzzle lifted from the earth, secretly trying to peer at the long legged male she didn't see any hare tripping him up. Okay, she really needed to focus. Humming softly, than letting it fade her legs stretched in longer lengths. Now and then silently snorting the dust from her nose, because it seemed that was all there was. If spring rains had forced them somewhere else, or disease had wiped them out. The further she climbed the hill, there were more trails. More options, when she paused just a second she saw one in the open. A molten grey that when dark eyes locked to her it froze, thinking this was a better defense. Without a word, she took her chance. Shooting toward the terrified creature, her mouth agape, her tail twisting behind her in balance.

Inactive No Rank
Inkheart
boo-ick post. finish soon or did you have other plans? <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">
Regardless of whether or not Arlette saw him as a friend, foe or even an acquaintance he knew he would be okay with it. It wasn’t as if he had ‘rainbows, kittens, lollipops and puppies’ written on his fur. Ever since he was little he knew that he didn’t look like the friendliest of wolves. However it certainly didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to try to look past it. After all he did recognize the fact that he had lot more in him than just taking advantage of the things that he wanted. Surely Arlette had things that she was perhaps somewhat weary about it within herself though somehow he could barely even agree with that. She seemed to have a lot of things in line with herself and the direction she wished to go, just needed a little push.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“Ahah, yeah.” He snickered, remembering the story quite vividly in his mind. It was pretty amusing really but she might think it harmful. That or she’d see it his way. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“When I was a young boy the rabbit I was chasing ended up being a rather large hare—but its size didn’t deter me. Instead I put my excessive body weight to good use by pouncing on top of it but it landed a pretty hard kick to my jaw before my sister came in to kill it the right way,” it was too bad that his puppy fat hadn’t been able to suffocate the rabbit as that would have been a much funnier end to the story. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#FA2F00;">“When I was younger I had a hilarious amount of puppy fat on me that never seemed to vanish,” he commented idly as he noticed the sudden change in Arlette’s posture that told him that she had found something.
It took her a few moments of sniffing around, snorting and sniffling before she began a chase of the creature. Inkheart was baffled as to whether or not he should help her in the chase or if she wanted to take this all by herself so he wanted, with muscles tightening just in case she called upon him to jump in.

Inactive No Rank
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
Arlette Dieudonné Lyall
The young lady listened, very keen on hearing this story. The longer she was in his company, the easier it became to feel like he really was an old friend. As his tale unwrapped, she found herself smiling wider than she had done in a long time. Picturing a lot more chubby, short limb Inkheart was amusing in itself. "Well no wonder you're so tall. Puppy fat."Arlette found herself chuckling thinking that must have been her problem all along. Hardly any puppy fat, and here she was so easily becoming skin and bones. She really wanted to ask about his sister, his home he had come from. It was about then the rabbit caught her attention.

In the end her teeth snagged into its flesh, the wild creature giving a half squeal before she quickly put it to rest. Heart thumping in her ears, she proudly waved her tail, trotting to the dark wolf with a mouthful of food. Dropping it gently to the ground, a good place from his paws, she licked her slightly crimson muzzle, and took a long breath. The burst of energy had worn her out, and a few pants she blinked her eyes. "If I promise to eat this, would you tell me a bit more about where you came from?" Lettie inquired, giving a bit of a smile, hoping to coax his silver tongue to more tales. It was very nice to hear about someone else, and she would feel less guilty eating the rabbit alone. Quietly, she began to nibble at her prize while listening to the tall fellow she now would call her friend.

{end}