(See All?) Announcements
544 Users Online
Google, Bing

summertime sadness
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
There seemed to be a distinct gleam in his eyes – one that spoke volumes that her description of how she had reacted was fairly accurate, and she withheld a small smirk of her own regarding the matter. She cared little for the opinion of those outside her pack – in truth, she was mostly satisfied when meeting another and they didn’t try to kidnap her, like in her past.

She gave a small nod to his words, her eyes drifting away from the male now to gaze to the horizon.. not out of trust, but simply to avoid a form of aggression. Her own mind drifted back to their move – how many moons had passed? “Four moons,” she answered after a moment’s pause to consider, the disbelief she felt hidden from her tone. How time had gone by so fast.. it seemed like yesterday her and Fenru had just entered the adult ranks.

This small bout of knowledge did not give her much insight to the other pack, and yet she would not be too intrusive.. only because she did not want the questions landed back at her. The sting of Ice’s leave was still fresh with every breath she took, and the feeling that she was losing herself further in the shadows of the pack was almost overbearing.

Conversation fell to the side then, her eyes falling back upon him. She could question the stranger about his leaders.. inquiring for their names, and comparing notes. Yet she was not sure Triell or Corinna would truly care.. Swift River, after all, had kept out fo the way of their neighbors. Oak Tree Bend would likely not be any different. “Where do you come from originally, Maksim?” It was a half ass attempt at polite conversation, and her tone likely came off almost too pleasant. No one could deny that Kisla Tainn was no social butterfly.

sparking up my heart

Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
what if i say i'm not like the others?
what if i say i'm not just another one of your plays?
you're the pretender, what if i say i will never surrender?

So, this Kisla Tainn had been here for just as long as Maksim Baranski, had she? Perhaps both Oak Tree Bend and Darkwater Rapids had left their previous territories to escape the memories of a sickness that had come to bring chaos and turmoil before leaving, but not before the vile beasts had wormed their way into the lives of those who had experienced it for months on end. She seemed like a hardy girl, it certainly didn’t have an effect on her … unless she hadn’t always been this stony in the face of strangers. Then the young Tainn’s backstory would grow a little more tragic. Oh, but if only he had known of everyone she had lost. The hardships she had faced. More and more, Maksim’s childhood seemed to be a fairy tale.

He raised his brow slightly at her question. Where had he originally come from? Depends on what she meant. What had Darkwater Rapids been before they had moved? Or where was he born? Perhaps he should offer both as the answer (though he highly doubted she’d have the slightest clue as to what Tall Trees was). <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Before Darkwater Rapids, I was a Grizzly Hollow wolf—most of Darkwater’s members were. Years before that, though, I was Tall Trees’ heir.” He was next in line to the throne, a prince ready to become a king. And now? Now he was in the same position; ready and waiting to become king. Not of his father’s domain, of his own.

<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“So what of you,” he rumbled softly, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“where do you originally come from?” Curiosity had gotten the best of him. He didn’t know much about the packs of the eastern valley and he did seek to know more. Had Oak Tree Bend been something before?<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
@Maksim.. I'm so sorry I am terrible!

Her gaze followed the silver of his pelt -- so very pale throughout, and yet the gleam of deeper greys and ebony shone through in a perfect agouti pattern. The bright green of his eyes could rival hers, and had she known better, she would have once been curious if the male before her was a relative of her mothers. Of course, she knew better, and as he spoke, her gaze fell to his cheek, not once staring him directly within his eyes, nor groveling to his paws.

The hint of a smirk threatened to place itself upon her lips at the mention of his previous pack. She had of course heard of Grizzly Hollow -- she had grown up with the pack as her neighbor. Briefly, she recalled Fenru's obsession with the pack previously when they had been much younger -- his best friend, the boy, Prosper.. dead. Death would always follow them, it seemed. Yet it was his description of pack heir that held her curiosity -- did he want her to think of him more highly? Boast an impressive title? She could not read the man before her as she did not know him, but if anything, she was intrigued.

"I know of Grizzly Hollow. My pack grew up alongside them.. We claimed the lands of Swift River once," she offered in response, unsure if he had heard of them. Her pack and family, after all, kept mostly to themselves. After a small pause, she flicked her tongue across her lips in thought. "Which would be my birth pack. We came to this side of the mountain and claimed in the Vale." Her voice held little emotion to it. Not because she felt none, but she withheld these thoughts.. did she miss Swift River? More than she had imagined.

Ice had held very intricate details of silver in his pelt, though predominantly ivory. Sometimes, at night when she was by herself, she would close her eyes and she could swear she could still smell him.. the warmth of protection he had brought. “You will find her killers and you will bring them to their knees.” Yes, he had.. and then he had left.

Blinking her eyes furiously for a second, she cleared her throat -- perhaps the only insight to any emotion she had allowed to break. "What brings Grizzly Hollow wolves across the mountain then?"

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
We can wrap this up soon, if you want <3

Well, that was certainly interesting—she knew of Grizzly Hollow. She had grown up alongside them in a neighbouring pack which could certainly mean that miss Kisla Tainn knew more about Maksim’s previous home than he did. Swift River was the name of this place and Maksim nodded, opting to remain silent as she spoke. The agouti male knew nothing of the death of pups. All he knew was what he had been told before they had upped and left. In all honesty, he didn’t know much at all. It was briefly touched on—a disease was all he could put together—but, whatever it was, it was enough to permanently scar the Hollow wolves, it seemed. This Swift River pack had decided to leave the west, too. The Baranski had no doubt that their reason for fleeing was the same as Kade’s.

When she question what brought the Hollow across the mountain range, Maksim slightly furrowed his brow in thought. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Our leader, Kade, had made the decision along with his mate, if I am recalling correctly.” She had been pregnant at the time, hadn’t she? Of course. The Attaya couple had been within their rights to want to move. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“He spoke of death and plague; of a problem that had been dealt with. He wanted to leave for the safety and security of his children. That is all I know.” Kisla had been born in Swift River which meant she absolutely must have experienced these things first hand. He wondered, briefly, if she missed the western valley, if she missed Swift River. Did Oak Tree Bend compare to her old home at all?<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Agreed!

If the male had any knowledge of Swift River, he did not mention it, nor could she read the emotions that might have flickered across his features. Kade was not a name she was familiar with, but that did not surprise her. She had never met any of the Grizzly Hollow wolves, despite having been neighbored so close to them.

“How interesting that your leaders would choose to escape the plague by bringing them to the side of the mountain it originated,” she mused in a light drawl – not necessarily with a sardonic implication, but more out of curiosity. Giving a slight shake of her muzzle, the she-wolf took a step back, her eyes sweeping over him once more. How interesting it had been that to escape their misfortunes and Rissa’s death.. the Swift River wolves had also come to the side of the mountain’s where she had met her death. For a fleeting moment, the young Tainn could not grasp the logic in either of the situations.

“Do you miss the forest?” She was referring to Cedarwood Forest – a place she had never stepped paw in before, but had heard of its vastness and beauty from before. This side of the mountain lacked the luster her old home had, and with the chance of revealing too much of her desires and troubles, her eyes sought him almost imploringly, willing him to share that last tiny bit of information that she craved to hear.

Perhaps she was not the only one slightly homesick.

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
Maksim recoiled somewhat at her words, furrowing his brows ever so slightly. He hadn’t known that the disease had originated here, in the eastern valley. His mind whirred, not quite sure how exactly to process such information and instead he could only ponder why; prey had been scarce in the forest, so perhaps that was it? He couldn’t be sure. Going somewhere that the cause of so much pain originated to escape it did seem strange. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“How … interesting, indeed,” he drawled, <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“though I can only presume your pack left their old home for the same reasons? Correct me if I’m wrong. It seems a strange idea.” His body relaxed, as did his expression, as he shook his head slowly. Kade had his reasons, he shouldn’t question the ebony wolf’s decision. Yet, for some reason, he suddenly did.

Ah, the forest. Given the chance to think about it, part of him did and part of him didn’t. The cedars reminded him of his birth home, the towering trees and the smell of it all. He hadn’t been a part of the Hollow for that long, however, and leaving hadn’t been hard. The Rapids were a small haven, especially considering the stone wall that rose up on one side. Water was always welcomed, yet the trees here felt different. There was no fresh scent to greet him in the morning, only the white churning currents and the soft rumbles. Yes, given the chance to think about it, Maksim Baranski missed Tall Trees and, in turn, the sprawling Cedarwood Forest. Catching Kisla’s gaze briefly, the male inhaled briefly before his answer came. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Yes.” He felt a strange nostalgia for the Hollow territory. It had been his first pack away from his family heritage, after all. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“Perhaps I’ll return there some day.”<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by a bear nearby. +10 Health

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
Just going to have her not notice the moose carcass, since her health has changed so much now. :)

His question stirred a smirk upon her features – not of happiness, but of darkened mirth. “No.. My pack was devastated by the sickness, and for some reason my Leaders felt a new start to life would be upon the same side of the mountain.” She divulged the information, and yet withheld so many details. Her sister’s killers had lived south of here, of that she knew. They had found her body north of here. Little Rissa.. so very trusting. Just like she had been when she was a cub. Still, as bitter as it sounded, she had not fussed when her mother and Ice had discussed with the pack. Instead, she had offered her support.

She stiffened slightly at the current topic, despite that she herself had led them both to it. Instead, he addressed missing his previous homelands, and she felt it best to steer the conversation to that direction.. and to leave it at that. “Perhaps you will,” she mused, though as her eyes drifted to her paws, it became apparent it was not Cedarwood Forest upon her mind. Sacred Grove. Home. What a fool she had been, insisting Ice take them away. Had she planted that seed in his mind? Or had it spurned with his need to protect his unborn children in the womb of her mother? The very children he had abandoned.

“It was a pleasure meeting you, Maksim, but I should get back to my family..” She trailed off, studying him briefly. It was strange – she knew nothing of him, and yet the idea of parting left her sullen. Best to cut it off here. Best to leave it as is – she could not afford another friend that would simply vanish to nowhere. She did not truly wait for his goodbye, as much as she desired to. Instead, she swiftly turned, her creamy paws quick as they made to lead her back to her home.

sparking up my heart

Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
quick wrap up post. finally done <3!

He remained silent at her words, the slight smile on her face that he couldn’t quite read. For whatever reason, and judging by the way she used her words, Kisla had not enjoyed the move to the eastern valley. Best leave it at that, then. It seemed this was now a conversation she would not want to indulge either of them in any further and, frankly, Maksim was pleased to steer away from such a topic. The questions raised had him pondering and knowing that a disease that had devastated originated here was almost worrisome. The Darkwater male would certainly not wish to be here had he experienced a plague so foul sounding, but what did he know? Nothing.

The tawny woman looked down and Maksim nodded. Perhaps he would lead whoever would go with him over the mountain once more. He blinked slightly at Kisla’s words—a quick goodbye—and before he could get a word in she began to turn away. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">“The pleasure was mine,” he quickly threw in as she set off about going home (and did so at quite the speed). The agouti wolf lingered momentarily, not quite sure what to make of the encounter over all. She’d certainly managed to rattle the large brute and made quite the impression, too.

Shaking his head, the Darkwater wolf quickly set about returning home himself too. The borders would not check themselves, after all, and he needed to reassess where he stood in the hierarchy of the Rapids. Perhaps, now, he was ready to sit at the top until the time came to leave.<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#70863f;">