(See All?) Announcements
723 Users Online
Sophrosnia, Bing, Nori, Google, Finley

Health Stat, OTM Voting, Survey, ++
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Health Stat, OTM Voting, Member Survey, and Post Prompt

Hey everyone! We've got a few updates for you all that we'd like to bring to your attention. First, we'd like to post a few reminders:

September OTM Voting is now up and live. We've added a thread of the month, so be sure to tell us which thread was your favorite to participate in or read! We'll also be awarding participation ribbons to anybody who votes.

Seven Deadly Sins Post Prompt only has 10 days left before it closes! We'd like to see as many winners as we can, so let's get it going!

Layout Member Survey is still looking for some additional input. If you haven't, take a minute or two to let us know what you think. RoW is for you guys, so help us make it better.

In a similar vein, with the holiday season of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas just around the corner, the staff would like your input. Are there holiday or seasonal themed events you've enjoyed doing in the past that you'd like to see brought back? Do you have a nifty random event idea? Let us know! Trust me, you'll want to have as much fun this autumn as you possibly can because Winter is Coming...

That brings us to the last item on our announcement agenda. It's been suggested to us numerous times since implementing the LP system that there needs to be a way to gauge a character's health. Character's injured in a fight, for example, would not be at their full health immediately after. So we'd like to know what you guys think - what is the best way to go about introducing a health or current condition LP that would fluctuate based on your character's experience? We've got some ideas, but we'd love to hear yours too.

It would be cool if we could have a health meter of sorts. I thought I saw some on people's profiles before. But Is there really anything we can do with that?

I like the idea of having a separate category called Temporary Health, like in DnD, where you put the amount of health out of whatever health you started with after a fight. Also, love the reference <3
Thanks for the responses, guys. Just to clarify for what I'm looking for, think about these items:

- What actions/events that happen in game affect your character's health?
- When you think of your character's health/current condition, what sort of things do you think of?

How to implement a system is the next step, right now we're just generating some ideas. There will be some kind of health/current condition stat that is tracked by the board upcoming, we just want your guys' ideas as to what it should include!
"What actions/events that happen in game affect your character's health?"
─fights, accidents, maybe weather (if there was a drought, prey was scarce, etc.), food availability

"When you think of your character's health/current condition, what sort of things do you think of?"
─weight, condition of fur, injuries, mental status, whether he/she has a pack
(Sep 24, 2013, 02:45 AM)Corinna Wrote:  Thanks for the responses, guys. Just to clarify for what I'm looking for, think about these items:

- When you think of your character's health/current condition, what sort of things do you think of?

How to implement a system is the next step, right now we're just generating some ideas. There will be some kind of health/current condition stat that is tracked by the board upcoming, we just want your guys' ideas as to what it should include!

Alright, editing my response for this c:
---------------------------------------------------
1) I think the actions that happen in game should be things like fighting, or maybe certain RE's that happen affect your health. Anything that is categorized as dangerous, like a wolverine fight, falling from a height that could hurt you in a severe way or fights with other wolves.

2) I think of DnD with the temporary health stat as I said in my earlier post. It just seems like {maybe} there could be a rejuvenation? I'm not sure how it would work coding wise, probably the same way as the lone wolf tracker just having it up the 'TH' by 1 a day or something.
[Image: 35zz.png]
(Sep 25, 2013, 08:41 PM)Aeolus Wrote:  
(Sep 24, 2013, 02:45 AM)Corinna Wrote:  Thanks for the responses, guys. Just to clarify for what I'm looking for, think about these items:

Alright, editing my response for this c:
---------------------------------------------------
1) I think the actions that happen in game should be things like fighting, or maybe certain RE's that happen affect your health. Anything that is categorized as dangerous, like a wolverine fight, falling from a height that could hurt you in a severe way or fights with other wolves.

2) I think of DnD with the temporary health stat as I said in my earlier post. It just seems like {maybe} there could be a rejuvenation? I'm not sure how it would work coding wise, probably the same way as the lone wolf tracker just having it up the 'TH' by 1 a day or something.

*Agree's with pretty much every thing said by Corinna and Aeolus. Though instead of one TH a day maybe five? For a healthy wolf? If your sick or old then only increase by 1 a day.

(Though I'm probably asking for too much. Coding would be hell for you guys)
Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...