431 Users Online
Google, Bing

role model — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 322 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
September 22nd; Evening; Partly Cloudy; 55° F/13° C

Fenru had to admit it now that all his life, he had lacked a "father" figure and it had impacted him in ways that he had never even dreamt of. Even the loss of his brother had taken its toll, but somehow... just somehow... perhaps his Uncles - @Triell, Ruiko, and even Marsh - had always been the key. Triell's rise in leadership after Ice had departed with the pack's Lowest had, to Fenru's surprise, provoked from him an ultimatum: step up and step in or truly consider running away until he could really find out who he was and who he was supposed to be. Since meeting with Lucero, he had slipped back into a quieter state of mind, becoming less and less wolf-like with the passing of each day.

By the time he had been unable to take his self-induced turmoil he was at his rope's end. Something had to be done and that something meant that he had to seek out the only paternal figure who had really known him from the day he was born. Four stocky limbs quietly brought him from one end of Oak Tree Bend territory to the other; two orange-hued eyes constantly trying to pick up a trace of pitch black fur through the shadows and trees.

He shouldn't be far, the young Tainn told himself, lowering his nose in attempt to try and recover the instincts he thought he might have lost for the umpteenth time. He made a circle around the old crooked oak tree, finding that his younger brothers were out adventuring, then carried on. Following a familiar trail through the trees, he was finally able to pick up on his Uncle's whereabouts. With a jittery string of barks, he called out to his family's male leader, walking along the well-marked path a few steps at a time. "Uncle Triell?" It seemed like it had been ages since he had seen the inky beast who had been reinitiated back into the family through a challenge the younger Tainn had evoked, and he both hoped and wondered if the relationship between them had at last come back to its previous state. Superior and subordinate, uncle and nephew, family member and family member...

He tried again, a strand of confidence failing to embolden his call for his leader, "Uncle?!"

Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Some our born great, while others have it thrust upon them
The wolf walked in an eerie silence, finding the sky a rather dull gray. He was trying to figure out where he wanted to go next, what he should do. Patrolling the borders was now finished, and he didn't even get a wiff of a loner's scent. This didn't bother him, he sorta liked how they seemed to be untouched, not bothered on this side of the mountain. Triell didn't have a short supply of backup, it felt out of place not to have another Guardian. No Marsh, no Ice, no Ruiko, or even Kinis. The brown brother who was not exactly brute strength, but that clever mind to know the best way to handle a situation. This was no time for mourning. He still let himself hold onto to memories, to grieve, he chose carefully when that was. The sky may be cloudy, he wasn't about to give permission. He needed to rest, not sink in the sadness. Since Merlin and Ice had gone he was making a great effort to remain positive, hopeful, and strong. Whether because he had to, or long should have cast away the dark cloud, he didn't find it very hard.

Padding through the blue mist, he meandered among the trees, thinking at last this felt like home. Every so often he had a feeling he was being watched. The idea puzzled him, he was at the edge of the territory and had already made a clear check. When he would look over his shoulder he saw empty woods. Okay. He began to step, he started by the choppy barks. No other man in Oak Tree Bend they must belong to Fenru. Sure enough, he turned around, his stride collected, looking for the marbled figure of grays,tans, and creams. They did not see each other, and then aw ha! When the younger Tainn yelled, he spotted him.

"Right here," he beckoned, letting his raised tail give a wiggly wag, while stopping not too far in front of Fen. "Everything okay?"He first asked, making sure the other side of the territory was empty, that Sceral, and Serach hadn't found trouble, that this wasn't a sound of alarm. Fenru did not seem frightened or anxious. The soft eyes of the dark Tainn that looked over that silver face knew deep down something was. Tri didn't let concern paint his face, just warmth not wanting to assume what may have brought his nephew to seek him out. He had his guesses, but was just open ears.
(This post was last modified: Sep 29, 2013, 05:16 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
"Right here," came his uncle's voice from the forest depths, seconds before his burly black frame came into view. "Everything okay?" Fenru sealed his lips, momentarily forgetting just what it was he had wanted to ask the Leader of Oak Tree Bend. He nodded in a rather timid manner, clearing his throat once in an attempt to find his voice once more. "Ye-eah," the solidity in his tone could have been better but at least the volume was there. "Fine.... really..." His second sentence was much more convincing and it took ever ounce of his recovered confidence to make his statement at least seem valid. He even gave the plume at his back a small wag to mirror Triell's swaying tail. If anyone was capable of seeing through Fenru's facades, it was good ol' Uncle Triell... but hopefully, tonight, Fenru would not need any bit of the swarthy male's comfort. Only his approval and fatherly guidance... just like how Ice had easily brought him out of his shell by letting him explore someplace new.

The younger Tainn smiled into Triell's face, taking in the familiar topaz eyes and the handsome shapes that made up his uncle's muzzle, forehead and ears. "I was just..." Aw, c'mon now, don't be shy, his conscience attempted to talk some more assertiveness into what he wanted to say. "I wanted to see you."

"And.... And I..."An ivory paw lifted inquisitively before being set back down into the loose soil. "I wanted to ask you something." The smile on his maw grew crooked as if he had been rendered into the shy pup he had been for the past year and a half. "I-Ice...." he had to pause in order to stomach the feelings that came with missing his step-father. Chin up, his conscience directed. Fenru's ears tipped back and he stole a shy glance at Triell's face. "The last time I was given directions, Ice had me on border patrol. Guarding... Just like how it was in Swift River and... I was wondering if you had any further instructions for me with you being in charge an' all." His head tilted coyly to one side, "Mum used to have me pup-sit Sceral and Serach, but, they're older now. They don't really need me around much anymore when they have each other. I was hoping maybe you had something else in mind... maybe give me something else to do to keep me occupied in place of watching them?"

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell made an effort not to stare long, but find himself checking the young man over if he was merely observing the foliage behind him. He never thought less of Fenru for those jittery moments, but didn't want to make them worse. Especially in this case. He felt like he was causing the reaction, and he hated that. He hated how the difference in rank had changed things. They were more than an uncle and nephew. Time apart he hoped it wouldn't be this way. This was there first one on one since Ice had gone, and he decided to see if it should worsen or better before worrying. He was often reminded Kinis had been the same way before becoming more confident. Though, he had never made Kinis meet the ground the way he had Fen.

Internally, he pushed the thoughts aside wit ha turn of his ears. Orange toned eyes settled back to the wolf of silver, and brown. It wasn't hard for him to hold a relaxed smile, if Fenru's answer made him instantly care free."Good," he replied, not doubting even the stretched word. He knew he hadn't needed to even ask the question, but it was habit, and a start to getting Fenru to speak. Quietly, Triell sat down, letting the young man know he was all ears.

After the boy was done, not once did Tri butt in, did he tilt his chin and offer the patch of sky between branches a glance. Then he huffed out the air between his cheeks, and stood up. "I do actually." This time dark face was not readable, it was holding back.

" I was just thinking to myself that we don't have any more Guardians, and how to remedy this. You have long proved you are one. So I'll make it official? You keep tabs on borders. We all know it wouldn't hurt to let everyone know there are in fact two males here. With the colder weather it wouldn't hurt to stretch your perimeters too. I've met some strange ones lurking in the woods, and while they aren't in the Bend, I like to keep a watch." There was a faint smirk, but he continued quickly. "If you find anything out of place you report it back, and I'll do likewise. We will see if we need to worry anyone else. Alright?" He snapped his eyes directly to similar color of Fenru's, waiting for response. There was nothing harsh in it, just making sure he was being taken seriously.

"Oh, almost forgot. Being a Guardian you'll be best to make sure everyone practices sparring. Teach your brothers. Practice with Kisla. I would volunteer as I'm sure would Jessie, and your mother. Though...erh I don't know about the latest member. She's an awfully, quiet girl, so you could see?" The Tainn seemed to stare off, still uncertain why she was that way. Soon he smiled at the younger wolf, wondering if he felt he would need more responsibility or not.
(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2013, 04:14 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata

Uncle Triell listened patiently as all the words practically tumbled from Fenru's mouth, cascading off his tongue and falling from his lips once everything had been brought out in the open. What the youth had been grateful for was that his uncle had actually received and entertained everything, uncertainty and all. The older Tainn stood back up and Fenru fought to keep himself from stepping back; the two of them had come quite a way and it had taken a good amount of time for Fenru to realize they were both men now, not just uncle and nephew but Leader and subordinate. Not equals per se, but at the very least, something akin to being the only males in the pack, meaning that they depended on one another... and that Fen had no need to feel like he had said or done something out of line.

What came about soon after his little spiel had been said was Triell's proposal in remedying the fact that Oak Tree Bend no longer had Guardians (with having had Triell step up after both Ice and Merlin left). Fenru's heart nearly skipped a beat and he pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth to keep himself from interrupting and flat out asking what his uncle was initially implying before spilling the beans. "You have long proved you are one. So I'll make it official? You keep tabs on borders. We all know it wouldn't hurt to let everyone know there are in fact two males here." The younger Tainn nodded, his smile inching up further along the length of his muzzle. His grin was returned with a smirk and the youth's tail wagged in broader strokes. "If you find anything out of place you report it back, and I'll do likewise. We will see if we need to worry anyone else. Alright?"

"Yes, sir."

Triell continued to mention that everyone ought to know how to spar. It made a distant memory of Indru come to mind and Fenru held his breath as he nodded again. He was sure he could rein someone in to practice with and possibly mentor. The additional statement of his uncle being unsure about the newest member, no doubt the girl - Arlette - that Fenru had only scented here and there, made Fenru's smile somewhat lopsided, his facial expression bordering on a rather knowing expression. "I wouldn't worry about her," he told him, finally releasing the air that had been held captive in his lungs. "But, I can check up on her--" Whoa... sounding a little too eager there... "-- if you'd like me to. She's... traveled a long way from home to get here, I think. I could... make sure that she's settling in all right?"

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
lol I love Fenru. So great seeing him grow up, but borderline teenager xD
Times he couldn't help wonder if Fenru would have been like this would his father had stayed, and raised the family he created. Would Fenru not pause to question himself? Would he have again tried to challenge Triell? Or would he have left to seek a life that was solely his own like other Tainns? It was not hard to see how Indru's abandonment had left Aiyana, and Kisla, guarded. Had made Aiyana push herself away from them entirely, actually. Had it made Fenru more determined to stay? To fill a role that had been left? A lot like Triell. The darker Tainn hoped that was where their similarities would end. He could still not see himself having a family with mate, and blood children he hoped different for Fenru and Kisla.

As he saw the flicker of youth in anticipation, he had hold back his own smirk. When Corinna had deemed him Guardian he had never been more proud in his life. Fenru, he couldn't help see the boy who was trying to do the right thing...to make up for all the bad things. "Good. I know I can count on you, Fen. You know you're like a brother to me right?" If to prove so, he made a grab for a dark speckled ear in simple playful gesture than chuckled. Almost uncle and carefree nephew...almost. They had a lot to make up for.

What was this? Triell was not sure what changed to the coal streaked, and tawny mask when he mentioned Arlette. He knew her? Curious how, he did not quite voice the question. Hell, Triell had been all over the place and met all sorts. A lot he never saw again, while others he couldn't help but find. "Oh?" He muttered, his dark brows twitching briefly together, waiting to understand why that might be. Quick as his face contorted it relaxed."You know her, than. Well that makes me feel better. I was worried she wouldn't stay long." It made better sense, but he was trying to decipher what he was missing. Were they friends? Or simple acquaintances? Where was her family?"Sounds to me like that would be a good idea. I can't imagine not having any family."
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
I know right? Gosh. Not sure why but this post had my head spinning for a little bit... the whole thing with Fenru knowing about Borden and Jaysyek and GH, making connections from when Aiyanna left and how Arlette fit into ALLLLLLL that. Just. Wow. >_>

"Of course, Uncle," he replied, when Triell stated that it was good to know that he could count on the masked youth. "An'... yeah." His smile broadened, the sentiment of being acknowledged as a 'brother' strengthening his heartstrings and every ounce of his soul. Family had always been a large part of Fenru's life, but in this very moment, it meant so, so much more; and, at long last, Fenru Tainn was serving his family just as he had always dreamed of doing. Another wag of his tail and Fen caught sight of his Uncle's furrowed brows as soon as he had mentioned that he could check up on Arlette. He could feel the blood warm up his cheeks, sending a heatwave that felt like it rushed up from his chest over his head and up along the bridge of his nose down the sides of his muzzle before settling within the dark triangles under his eyes. Had he not had fur or had been a human in that very second, his face could have very well been chili pepper red.

Uncle Triell casually stated that his nephew's offer made him feel better and, to that, Fenru nodded. "We met once," Fen revealed through his cub-like simper. "We were little and she had wandered just a little bit too far from home. I did everything you -" a part of the younger Tainn made careful note to keep Indru's name from ever being mentioned in conversation, "- taught me. Y'know, from that time with the crovens." He warmly glanced to the swarthy Leader, his warm amber eyes glimpsing briefly into his superior's similarly-colored irises. "But, um," he was quick to make sure their conference smoothly resumed on-topic, "Yeah, I can make sure she's doing okay."

For a few seconds, his gaze drifted into the forest surrounding them and a question Fenru had not even thought of asking came to the forefront of his mind, "Uncle? What happened to the wolves of Grizzly Hollow? Aiyanna left with him but... but no one had told my why..." A flash of pain flickered across the youth's face but he was quick to recover, aside from his russet ears remaining level with his temples. "I only met her again a few months ago, before Summer even came, and she had been looking for her family. I accidentally pushed her away by telling her that Borden was gone." Guilt gripped him now and he stared down at his dirty fore paws. "I couldn't tell you how glad I am to know that she found her way to us. I was afraid for the longest time that something terrible had happened since I last saw her."

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Poor boy has too much going on.
The tensions that may have been between them erased, he found it easy to simply be, rather than micromanage each and every one of his reactions. It was really easy being the listener as Fenru opened up more, his voice unbroken now. Triell was quiet for the most part with a faint smile, giving a chuckle at the remembrance of crovens. Fenru had not been sure what to do with the silly birds at the time, but the dark wolf was glad to hear he had taken the lesson to heart. It made him feel perhaps he hadn't been so terrible Uncle, role model as he often felt. The Tainn nodded in turn, deciding it was best not to say more. Whatever it was he had seen he wasn't going to tease his nephew about it....not today.

Thinking they were done with their little talk he was about to ask Fenru if he was ready to head to the den to see what his brothers were up to. The way he asked of him, dark jaws remained shut, and it was with a careful mask Triell's eyes fell upon the youth. It had not been there long, he saw the hurt. Who couldn't feel Aiyanna's decision was one of rejection of them all? Before searching his own mind for answers, he was hanging on to Fenru's voice so he fully understood what was weighing on his new Guardian's mind. It was a little clearer, and the elder took in a deep breath. "I'm not honestly sure. I think they left because of the sickness. Maybe, the rest came over here the same as us. Aiyanna.... That girl, he wished so many things, and had to hold in his own emotions, keep them tucked securely. It was with a airy sigh he added "She left in hopes of a real escape." Own eyes wanted to cast down, but he made a point to look upon Fenru, and soon shuffling closer he bumped his nose to his pale cheek."It's hard when someone we care about isn't in our reach to protect." Tilting his face back he tried to catch Fen's eye. "You did the right thing, it's better she knew sooner rather than later. She's here now, I'm sure that's because of you."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young pronghorn has fallen behind its herd and starved in the snow. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Fenru Donata
Good ol' Uncle Triell. <333 Thank you for this, again, Switch. Shall we wrap up?

It seemed that Triell had all the answers, even if he did not truly know what had happened to the Leaders of Grizzly Hollow and why Arlette had somehow found her way into Oak Tree Bend on her own without them. Perhaps it was a topic only he and Arlette could discuss; now that he thought of it, Fenru realized that maybe Borden and Jaysyek hadn't met Triell at all. After all it was usually his mother and father who handled all the "diplomatic stuff" on the pack's behalf. Nevertheless, from what he had gleaned of Jaysyek Lyall from his mother, he knew that perhaps her mate had done them and Aiyana a favor when he showed up with the proposition to raise Fenru's only baby sister away from Relic Lore. Like his uncle had said, the dark-coated Tainn girl had had hopes of escaping the life she had been subjected to within Swift River.

An ink-black nose came into contact with Fenru's cheek and the younger male lifted his gaze and allowed his ears to perk back up at the sound of his Leader's voice. It was hard when distance managed to separate him from the ones he loved, but he had done the right thing. Fenru nodded quietly, his confidence partially restored.

"Yeah," he agreed. "Okay." His tail lilted about behind him, a smile beginning to play on his lips once more. "I guess I better get goin'." He lifted a paw as a signal that he was ready to begin his duties as an appointed Guardian. Turning about to return a nose-bump to Triell, he cast an eager gaze to his superior, keeping it just long enough before he was formally dismissed to patrol the borders of Oak Tree Bend, "Is there anything else I should do or anything I can tell her if I see 'er?"