509 Users Online
Finley, Viorel, Bing, Google

I AM your future — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Danica Reinier, winter is here.

As the silvery pup watched her look alike father crumble on the inside, she felt great satisfaction from his immense pain. *He did care about us, or at least his sons* she thought. Hollow soon entered the scene at the boarders, giving her a little confidence. As Danica removed herself from her mommy's soft side she began to stand proudly. The nervousness she felt showed in her emerald eyes and slightly trembling body. A small fluffy tail rose as she mimicked her mother, but stayed slightly below her elders. She didn't know if or not she was doing this right. She felt frightened by her attempt and butterflies filled her belly.

"Hollow, my dad," She greeted him nicely while nodding her head. As she listened to their conversation she grew uneasy. Eventually she butted in with a quiet voice, "Then why did you abandon us?" Her barely audible voice held clear pain in it. Slowly she pressed into Nina's side for some comfort. She did her best to remain looking like a higher ranking wolf then her father, which right now she was. She glanced to Hollow who moments ago she had called dad. While they did not spend much time bonding, he was always there for the pack. A dad didn't have to be biologically related, unlike a father. She waited for their reactions as the tension in the air seemed to intensify. What would happen? She could only wonder with assumptions. A silence fell on her as she waited uncomfortably.

Words: 252 || Tags: @{Name} || Notes: OOC here
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2014, 12:03 AM by Danica.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Look Out!

Water is beginning to freeze and some fish are trapped. Hunt Opportunity

Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow exhaled through his nose, and very purposefully stalked forward. His eyes closed momentarily as he drew breath. Time slowed allowing him time to think, Hollow had to remember that this shouldn't come to a fight, but Koda would not be awarded the throne just by arriving. Too much had happened since his reign as Alpha. Koda had to integrate once more, the wolves would not accept him as their alpha merely on the merit that he used to be. Sure Iopah and Ashanti would, but the others? Probably not. There were more of them now and Hollow had to remember everyone's best interest. Including Nina's, he wouldn't turn his ex alpha away but he was not going to step down. This would make that abundantly clear.

The dark leader made his way forward and came to rest on Nina's blind side now, still facing Koda, he shot a glance a Danica a silent request for silence, not harsh, more gentle than anything, The adults are speaking Danica, please, we will talk soon. She had to know that Koda would always be her father no matter what he had done. Hollow would assure him that much at least, but for now. Koda needed to realize the gravity of what had been done, "You don't just wake up and wander off. Not for that long, if your loyalty lay here then why would you leave? How can I trust you not to leave again Koda?"

Hollow's voice was level now, devoid of anger or frost, but still full and commanding as was his stance. That of an alpha, it was not that Hollow had become used to the power and wanted to keep it, in fact he would love to just give it back to Koda right now and go grieve for himself. But that would be selfish and the pack needed him now. "I asked you to be good to us but you deserted us in this, the coldest winter, things have happened Koda, pups have needed a father, and wolves a leader. What happened to you?" He was level, the only shill in his voice came when he glossed over Tacoma's death. They needed their daddy to tell them it was going to be okay but you were gone Koda.... just like my dad. But he was dead and you are not. Where were you?

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
Good to know that Nina scares the shit out of some.

The soon to be Guardian near her decided not to speak anymore and neither did Nina, preferring to hear what was to pass between Koda and Hollow. Unfortunately with Koda’s words, Nina heart sped up and her breathing became short, panicked, only to the point of where Hollow would be able to realize that something was truly wrong, as he took his respectful spot next to her. She shifted slightly towards him in a comfort for herself and for him. This was not going well so far, and Nina just wished that she could disappear from this encounter. The ugly bull that had been rearing its head was trying to break through Nina’s guard and explode on Koda, but she knew she had to keep a level mind. Danica said something below her and a sharp growl from the mother hopefully cute the girl off from saying much of anything else. Hopefully the woman had not scared her child, but she definitely was trying to get the point across that she was not to speak.

One by one questions were fired off by Hollow, and eventually she saw red. The golden brown woman’s fur was bristling so that she looked much bigger than she definitely was and took a step towards her former mate, her teeth clenching together as she bit out to him, <b style="color:#008080">”You don’t understand,” she had shouted, close to hysteric now, <b style="color:#008080">”your family was suppose to be this pack. We were all your family and you let us all down. You left us. A fire that burnt so strongly has now dimmed.” Though she was not talking about Secret Woodlands anymore, she knew that the last sentence was directly talking about her. She normally spoke in riddles and now was no difference. Taking a deep breath, she stepped back and physically shook her head, shocked by her outburst and biting her tongue to keep her from saying anything she would regret later. The woman that Koda had once loved so much, had changed.

It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Miccah continued to resemble a ghost to Koda, his presence seemed to disappear into the backdrop of the meeting, the silence that followed the tension in the air could be cut with a knife. There was no doubt in his mind that his return would not be welcomed with a simple smile, wag of a tail, and the return of his crown. In fact, the elder male expected to work his way back up to the level he had once been, but this meeting wasn't going as well as he'd planned, it was taking a turn for the worse as the soft voice of his daughter reached his ears. She was correct, it made no sense for him to have left if he admitted the love he had for his family, but his amnesia had been uncontrollably worse before today--currently, it was as if he simply had a piss poor memory. He remembered those that were important to him, such as his family and the male he'd left the lands to, but everything else seemed relatively new, but he was ready for the change in his life, even if he had to shed blood to make things right.

"I'm sorry." he blurted, dipping his skull with a sigh as the defensive stance he carried previously was no more evident, he could no longer carry the weight of guilt that concealed him, making him feel worse then he'd ever in his life. He had to make everyone believe that he was here to stay this time. Turning from Danica, his apology still lingering in the air, he paused for a moment to listen to the dark figure of Hollow before addressing his questions accordingly, it was easy to blame his absence on his amnesia, but much harder to simply admit that he'd messed everything up. "I know that Hollow, and I am man enough to want to work my way back up to what once was. I know the trust that I had from my family is thin, I understand that," he paused, searching for the right words, "but I want nothing more then to make things right again. I do not want to fight with you, I merely want the chance to return to my family, and everything that once was right." the passion in his eyes burned bright. No doubt a challenge for his position would come but that was months down the road.

He was unaware if the male knew of his troubles with amnesia, but had no problem in explaining what had caused his unexpected absence. "My memory is poor. There are days when I cannot remember where I laid my head just minutes before, and then there are days when I can remember everything. I rely on triggers to force my brain to remember what just happened, it kept me alive over the past few months, and that is how I ended up here." he had no idea why his brain was forgetting things, but he knew that it was slowly getting better each day. "I do not know how, or why my brain has changed so much." he glanced to the darker male, not for sympathy but only for understanding from the alpha of Secret Woods, he merely wanted a chance to prove to everyone that he would not desert them again.

Poor Nina had it the worse. She knew Koda better then anyone and he was convinced that she had been the one most harmed from his disappearance, and when he turned to her his eyes softened even further as he took a single step toward her, wishing only to console her. "Do not say that Nina, I know you do not mean it." he understood her riddle, it was plain as day. There was no way that the love she had for him had diminished, because the love he carried for her was just as strong as the moment they had committed to each other. "I was foolish to leave you, and all this behind," he turned his head to emphasize his point, "allow me to prove that to you. All I want is to come back home...if you will let me come back." and finally he was silent, waiting for his judgement from both of the wolves who held the highest power.
(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2013, 11:19 PM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by WildFlower who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Danica
Danica Reinier, winter is here.

She listened and watched, still holding the stance of a mini alpha wanna be. Everything was so tense and when Hollow shot her the look, she nodded quickly. For that moment on she decided she'd just keep her mouth shut. For once this seemed hard to do. She wanted to be a big wolf and show this male who was boss. Soon though, she felt her tail creep under her as the dark furred leader went on. Where had her father been? Did he not care about his family? He acted like he loved them...but...she wasn't sure. Hurt nibbled at her heart and she backed up a little. Then leaned into Nina some. Hiding herself somewhat she waited for this all to hopefully smooth out.

When her mom growled she removed herself from her warm fur. Dani coward as spooked eyes stared up at her. The next thing that happened caused the small girl to jump and skirt away from Nina some more. Wide orbs watched the passionate anger her mum showed to Koda. The feeling of needing to get out of here started to overwhelm the pup. Taking quick paw steps backwards she slipped into the surrounding flora.

Dani had barley given her father a chance to speak as she turned to leave. She wasn't slow about it, but didn't run either. Over sized paws hastily took her from the scene without even offering a good bye. Maybe it was rude, but she didn't want to be around this any more. The only words she caught happened to be her father's apology. It sounded sincere, yet she didn't stop moving.

Exit: Danica

Words: 273 || Tags: @{Name} || Notes: Mily said I could skip Miccah. :)
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2014, 12:00 AM by Danica.)
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
A low growl began to rumble in the black males chest, blue eyes flashed dangerously and his lips parted to reveal the tips of his canines. Rage would be the only word worthy of describing his feelings at the moment. Deep down Hollow knew that Koda was only trying to apologize, but he had betrayed them all. Hollow's father was dead, Bane's father was dead. Ashton Tacoma's and Danica's? He left with no reason rhyme or explanation, other than he forgot he had children. The dark male felt as though it was a complete bullshit excuse, no matter how much amnesia you get, no matter how many triggers you need, seeing your own flesh and blood would be enough. Hollow's blood boiled at what he perceived to be the very worst excuse he had ever heard. "I screwed up" would have been more acceptable. Even if it was just as feeble as what Koda had just said, at least that had some truth in it.

"Thin, Koda? As far as I am concerned my trust in you, is non existent. You can come back, but I will not relinquish my position as alpha until you prove to me that you will not abandon us again. You will not get my mark either, Nina can have that duty, but I will not mark you with my scent. You have a lot of work to do Koda." Hollow stared coldly at Koda, the male would have to accept this judgement for now. Soon when all of the winters wounds did not sting, maybe they could mend what was broken but right now, Koda had broken Hollow's trust. and that was a hard thing to earn back. The dark male took a breath and waited patiently to see what Nina would do, for he had made it clear Koda could come home, but he was not as welcome as he would have hoped, The Woodlands leader just couldn't get that filthy word from his mind, Betrayal.

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
OOC :Wrapping this up. Hero you can archive this when you're ready. Then I can add Koda to the rooster.

The woman knew that everything that she had worked for and risen so slowly towards was just reaching its top point. She had been on the brink of becoming happy once again and she had her family to thank for that. Nina did not know what she was to do now that her love had returned to them. She knew that he would be accepted back into the pack, but alas, there would be a price to him leaving for so long...for leaving her to wallow in her own self pity and mourn the loss of their son without him by her side...in truth, even though it went against her whole nature, she wished for hurt upon him, so that he could feel all the anger and sadness, which had been on the edge of depression, and that he would experience every last drop of it. The positive side in her, found that he was still alive and that she must be very thankful that he had returned to her, unlike Azariah, who had left Hollow's heart...hollow.

She knew she had scared her child and sent a silent glare towards Miccah to tell him to follow her daughter, and being the loyal warrior he was soon to become, Nina watched as he departed from them, leaving only Hollow and Koda left standing in the clearing. Koda's words rang in her ears now as she stared at him with her deadly cold emerald eye. Was he honestly trying to tell her what she meant? She definitely knew she meant it when she had claimed that her trust for him had been thin...it would have been cut with the simple prod. Clenching her jaw to make a mistake in saying something she she knew she would regret, she took a moment to focus her thoughts, realizing that Hollow was not going to do what Nina wanted him. Making no approach towards her mate, she spoke softly, "Very well...you may enter Hollow and my own lands...but you will be the lowest within the pack until either Hollow or I see that you or worth trusting again...welcome home." She didn't approach him like she would most remembers and greet them into her family. With a simple swish of her tail, she allowed him entrance, not marking him with either her or Hollow's scent.
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Thank you guys for having this thread with me! It was fun! ^^

Time lapsed on as the tawny male waited his fate. Danica had disappeared from the meeting, Miccah leaving behind her shortly after. He knew that his daughter was clearly upset about the whole ordeal that his return to Secret Woods had caused, and Nina's rising anger mad a pit of guilt rise in his chest; there was no doubt in his mind that his relationship with both women in his life had been severed. Nina's angry words rung true, he wasn't supposed to leave them in such a time of need and he was sorry for that, wishing every fiber in his being could take away the pain he felt for leaving behind so much. Hollow too was upset, and rightly so, he hadn't thought his words were enough of an apology, he's stated that he was sorry before going into why he'd left but he knew anger was a unpredictable emotion which that could create all kinds of misunderstanding. He was only grateful that the darker male allowed him back into the land.

Waiting for Nina to choose his fate was the hardest thing he'd had to experience. Even accepting the fact that he had memory loss was better then waiting for judgement from his mate to return home, and a part of him would understand if she denied him acceptance into Secret Woods, he deserved it after all. Dipping his head, to avoid the stone cold glare she gave, he listened to the words she spoke, which were both a blessing and curse. The male couldn't recall the time he'd been the lowest in the pack, he had always been a fairly healthy large male that could use his physique to protect the pack and those inside if needed. Now, his position required that he accept the "abuse" of the pack without merit. Pushing his ego to the side, as there was no time for such childish thoughts, he nodded his head quickly to accept his position in the pack. "Thank you." he spoke, biting his lip but he didn't dare look at either wolves, for fear that they would see the disappointment boiling in his eyes. He knew he would have to work his way back up, all the way back up. Sighing, he waited now for Nina's mark--he needed it, no he wanted it--but no warmth came to his side from his mate. She simply stood there, cold glance staring, standing beside Hollow in preparation for him to enter, but he couldn't stop his mind from wandering toward a question that had crossed his mind since this meeting. Was there love truly in danger of ending? The thought lingered on for a moment as he passed both leaders, his head as low as his position, to accept his place into Secret Woods.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A fight broke out between two male mountain goats. Hunt Opportunity