(See All?) Announcements
677 Users Online
Bing

over your head — Wild Cherry Orchard 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla had hunted on her own before. It had been relatively easy, but she couldn't really recall a time when she'd been in charge of a hunt. The words were beyond her. But now, there were two of them, and the white wolf had put her in charge of this. Watching the buck silently for a moment, she smirked, <b style="color:#32527a">"Yeah, sure." She tried to picture the white wolf going around to the other side of the deer. And maybe...Maybe if Borlla ran after the buck from over here, it would run right into the white wolf! Hah! Pride swelled again.

Borlla fell silent, waiting for the wolf to move around so she could start running. It still hadn't occurred to her that hunting this big antlered thing could actually hurt someone...Especially if there were only two someones. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

At the affirmation of the female, Vlarindara slunk away, keeping her eyes on the buck, careful to keep a closer eye on were those antlers were. When she was in place, she hunkered down into a crouch, all four feet firmly beneath her - ready to move wherever the buck had to go. With Borlla chasing the thing towards her.. the antlers would be aimed in her direction, which kept the yearling relatively safe from the things.. With any luck. Amber eyes focused on the deer, the choice of prey that Borlla had chosen. Did she think they could actually take it down? No... not a chance.. but on the off chance that they managed? She could at least help the yearling get a better meal than berries.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
homg. so much rambling. >< i'm not usually so rambly, forgive me!
As the white wolf sank away and around, Borlla watched. It was about time she did something of worth, wasn't it? Not that her existence was worthless, but wouldn't Indru be proud of her if she came back with this (or at least its antlers)? He'd throw her a party! She could only begin to imagine it...Or, maybe he wouldn't be so happy. What if she got hurt? Or he found out she caught it with some wolf she didn't know? Borlla sighed, and silently wished she could just know what the consequences of her actions would be. But then again, that would take away the fun. Considering what Indru's reaction would be didn't change was Borlla was going to do anyway.

Kill the buck.

The white wolf had disappeared now, leaving Borlla to assume that she hadn't run away. Who would be the pup then? Besides, what reason did she have to run off? She seemed almost desperate to be kind, so how would running away do anything in her favor. Good luck avoiding Borlla forever. But she was getting too caught up in her thoughts again. The wolf had probably taken her order, and was waiting to get the buck when Borlla got too near. But what if she hardly needed the white wolf? It wasn't like she wasn't capable of using her teeth and her paws. Sure, having the white wolf would certainly be helpful in taking it down, but Borlla wasn't completely useless.

Rolling her shoulders, she crept forward a few feet, slowly closing the distance between herself and the buck. He would still be faster, and bigger, Borlla hadn't grown completely yet, so she would still move awkwardly at times. But with any luck, she'd at least avoid getting kicked, and maybe manage a bite or two. If she was lucky, maybe the deer couldn't run as well in the snow as she could. A few more feet of creeping, and she suddenly rushed forward. The buck didn't notice her at first, the snow silenced her steps, but soon enough, he could sense the danger. But, oddly enough, he didn't run. In fact, he turned to face her. She was small, he was big. This animal didn't feel threatened at all.

Well, crap. She had to stop running so as to avoid running right into the prey, and snarled at it, bearing her teeth. Where was the white wolf? Borlla felt like if she didn't move, then she wouldn't get hurt. Maybe if she just kept up her aggressive act, the stupid animal would fall for it eventually. Wait, what was she talking about? Act? Definitely not. She wanted to take this thing down. Snarling again, she feigned to the right, and swiftly lunged for the left shoulder of the young deer. Her paws slipped a bit, slowing her down, but she jumped, grabbing a weak hold with her teeth in the deer's flesh. It dropped its head, trying to scrape her off with its thankfully still small antlers. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: heheh, It's perfectly fine. :)

After assuming her position around the buck, Vlarindara dropped to her stomach in the snow and waited, watching the..chosen prey. When he turned and moved, she tensed, amber eyes focused on the thing to see which way it ran. It didn't run, but instead turned on the wolf pup. No! She could remember her own hunt with the elk that had turned his antlers on her...she'd been about as old as Borlla..still clumsy and full of herself. The white female snarled as she leapt from her hiding place to charge at the thing, her teeth bared. The deer might be too busy with Borlla to notice her... but she hoped that if she managed to get her jaws around the things haunch, she could hamstring it. At the very least, she could distract it from the yearling! With fur bristling around her neck and shoulders, the white female looked something like a snowball..but a large snowball - which she hoped would bring the attention and those antlers back to her.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
you're more than welcome to portray the deer too, if you want.
Borlla eventually dropped off, a bit sore from being prodded by the stupid prey's antlers. Why wouldn't it run? Growling, she took a step back, and saw past the deer, finally seeing the white female barreling towards them. And as Borlla looked, a smile crossing her face, the deer looked too, and suddenly it wasn't so brave anymore. It seemed to forget Borlla even existed at that moment, and burst off through the snow. It did seem to be having a bit of trouble, and Borlla ran after it.

The paler female had the advantage of longer limbs, so she quickly over took Borlla. The deer plowing clumsily through the snow, heading back towards the berry-laden trees. If the white wolf could slow it down, Borlla would finally be able to get a shot in. Sure, her gnawing had led to a bit of a wound on the stupid animal's shoulder. She noticed that it had a slight limp, and swelled with pride for a moment. Brushing off the feeling within a moment, she ran again.<b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: HErm... to catch or not to catch.. that is the question ;D

The low, angry snarl of the white female ripped from her throat as she gained on the deer, sending snow flying behind her as she did so. Unfortunately, the snow was deep enough that they weren't really going as... fast as they might on flat, open land. She also knew, however that if the deer escaped into the thicker trees, it would have a better advantage of escaping. Vlarindara kept her eyes on the prize... to say the least, her main goal to be keeping those antlers away from the yearling Borlla. A few bounds brought her towards the buck, closer and closer before she moved to one side, snapping her jaws. She'd moved to counteract a strafe the terrified animal had done, hoping to keep him moving. If they could wear him out, they had a better chance of actually capturing the thing.

The deer began flagging in the deep snow, the wound on his shoulder only adding to the troubles he seemed to be having. With a soft growl, she found that last gear inside her own chest and put on one last burst of speed. She had also been flagging, her tongue lolling from her mouth as she ran, her breath coming in harsh pants. Her fangs flashed as she leapt, all four paws clearing the ground before her teeth closed on something rather.. meaty. Despite the wound in his shoulder, the buck did what deer did best - he kicked out with his hind legs and moved to escape the snowball on his back side. The sharp movement dislodged the fangs of the female from their precarious hold and dropped her to the ground. Only an awkward twist saved her from the flailing hooves, but that movement lost her valuable time when she landed. The deer bounded away with his life in tact, and a few new battlescars to prove it. Vlarindara crouched in the snow, her head hanging as she panted, her sides heaving with the movements.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla watched as the white wolf leaped ahead, hooking her teeth successfully into the buck. Of course, this didn't stop Borlla from racing forward, in hopes of getting in her own shot, but the wolf was quickly tossed from her spot, and Borlla felt then that she had no choice but to stop. The prey would definitely get away now. Slowing her pace, the pale girl watched as the deer disappeared, its hoofbeats only faint against the snow. Borlla sighed, sitting next to the wolf. <b style="color:#32527a">"Are you okay?" She asked, trying to keep the irritation out of her voice.

This was your idea! Way to ruin it! She wanted to yell, but managed to keep her mouth shut. The female had tried, and as much as it pained Borlla to stay silent, she did. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Short post is short.. X.x

The panting kept up long enough that it was harder for her to speak, but she glanced at Borlla before getting to her feet with a soft, wheezing chuckle. "I'm alright..My apologies..It was too fast for me to catch back up with after it kicked me off." She frowned, having heard the little thread of anger in Borlla's tone - of all the... well..technically she was lower ranking than Borlla..the yearling being in a pack and she being a loner. "My apologies...I wasn't fast enough to recover and couldn't catch it.."

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Why the hell was she laughing? Oh, yes, it was so funny to just let the deer get away like that. Borlla's eyes narrowed. She'd given this female a chance, and now she was on her last nerve again. Her nostrils flared in irritation, and Borlla merely rolled her eyes. <b style="color:#32527a">"Whatever, don't apologize." Snorting, Borlla turned away, eying the direction in which the buck had run. It was too late. If they were lucky, maybe it would bleed to death and they could find it. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

A soft sigh escaped the female, but she followed Borlla..Not all hunts would end in success.. But.. She felt bad for losing the deer..but..It had simply been far too healthy for them to take it down with just the two of them. Vlarindara fell silent,letting the young wolf take the lead in hunting the buck down, though she, herself kept her head down and nose alert for any sounds or warnings that the animal had come this way. There was, of course blood on the foilage and the snow..So.. Perhaps they might manage to get the animal still..if they stayed quiet.. though she doubted it.. injured animals tended to be even more wary than they might be normally.

user posted image