516 Users Online
Google, Bing

got my bad baby by my heavenly side
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
sorry this took a little while <3

Kisla went to retort the warning Maksim had offered and the agouti male readied himself to hear what she had to say. No words came, however. Only a soft moan passed from her parted mouth instead, her body swaying as she applied weight to the injured paw. The River leader took another daring step forward—he hadn't a clue where her boundaries were, after all—to offer his support once more, but the tawny Tainn swiftly righted herself from her tipping momentum.

He studied her silently for a moment as she spoke, a pause held for a few fleeting seconds as he nodded, his vibrant gaze turning to the mountain that loomed above before shooting back to Kisla. The look he gave the lost Oak Tree Bend wolf was a hooded one, perhaps an easy indicator that something desperate had happened. That is, if she looked to find a meaning behind it. It wasn't something he wanted to open up about any more. Frankly, he'd be happier if only those who fled Darkwater Rapids knew. “Floods,” he offered the answer perhaps a little too quiet to hide the pain in his heart, “the founders disappeared and we had to evacuate. My home lies to the west, now.” His home, his pack, his life. That was where it lay now and whilst he wished the circumstances were different, he was proud of them and of himself.

Her chin dipped down and, though the Baranski was grateful, there was a sense of sorrow that wormed its way into his heart. He remained quiet, offering silent condolences. Maksim turned, slowly, and his reptilian eyes drifted from her to his shoulder and back to her. He would help her as best as he could.

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
She did not know him well enough to see the indication of distraught across his features – all she could surmise from the situation was that the devastation had been enough to leave their home, and his leaders were gone. The descendants of Grizzly Hollow were once more shaken it seemed—by blood or no blood, and for a moment she could only wonder how many others found such tragic moments. Swift River had seen more than its fair share.. yet apparently, they were not the only ones to shoulder the pain life threw at them.

Giving hesitance before finally allowing a sullen nod, the tawny she-wolf relaxed slightly against him, allowing him to support a part of her weight from her injured limb. Being so close to another outside of her pack was foreign to her, and a soft inhale revealed to her his scent, while underlying as it always would, was now mingled with something she would come to recognize as cedar.

More so ashamed of this experience rather than humbled, she held her worry and fear at bay as best she could, attempting to ignore the flutter of her heart in her chest as it cried out for her family. “Maksim,” she murmured now, breaking the silence between them as they hobbled in a direction she did not relate to. “Will your leaders and pack allow me to stay until I can pass the mountains once more?” The question was gentle – she would more or less be an intruder on their lands, and with one last look over her shoulder, Kisla’s bright green eyes lingered upon the mountains.. noting the snow that tumbled down the ridges. When would it even be safe to pass once more?

sparking up my heart

Played by Mimi who has 313 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maksim Baranski
sorry for shortness x:

Kisla nodded briefly, silently agreeing to come with him. The Cut Rock leader could offer no words to console her, to ease her distress and heartache. Where he had chosen to leave his family, she had been torn away from hers by Mother Nature's wrath this winter. Maksim hoped he could help her—could mend her—but he knew he should start small. Just giving her a place to rest her head at night would be a good first step. Perhaps, if he and his pack won her over, the tawny woman would stay … no, he couldn't. He mentally snapped at himself for daring to think of such a thing. How dare he conjure such thoughts! He was better than this and she was no possession to be stolen or claimed.

Her soft voice shattered the repetitive crunch of their paws compacting snow, her hushed murmur of his name capturing the agouti brute's attention. Her inquiry caused a smile to pass across his lips briefly, though he quickly quelled it. How was she to know that he was the leader of the pack he spoke of? He had not outright said it, after all. “No wolf leads me now, Kisla,” Maksim breathed with a slight hint of amusement laced in his gruff tones. “Should someone find issue with you in my lands, I will personally see that it is quickly dispersed.” Glancing to her, hoping to catch her eye, the River leader offered a smile. “You are my guest, after all.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2014, 06:37 PM by Maksim.)

we are shining in the rising sun, as we are floating in the blue
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski
His words stirred something – an impression that caught her by surprise and caused her jade eyes to glance up at him sharply. It was not that she found disbelief – simply that he had talked so loyally of his pack prior, she had not imagined him overthrowing a leader.. And yet the simplicity of the statement made far more sense now. The founder of his previous home fled. It was only natural a strong and youthful male would step up – why not Maksim?

She held no words for this instantly, instead, allowing the silence to envelop them. They moved far more slowly than desired, yet with only the use of three proper limbs and casting her weight upon her companion, there was little to be done about it. The snow was deep and in turn hindered the travel. Her mind would fret about her lost family, the ache she felt in her heart far worse than she had ever felt before, even with Ice’s abandonment. Yet somehow, the scent of cedar filled her every so often, and she felt a lull of safety within his embrace.

“I will serve you until I can reach my family then,” she finally offered, the discussion having filtered in to silence long before. She did not make promises lightly, if ever, and so the words were heartfelt. Hopefully, that much could be apparent at the way she had taken her time in response. Winter, it seemed had stolen from the Oak Tree Bend pack once more, and a new chapter stirred in the young Tainn’s life, though she had yet to realize it just yet.

sparking up my heart