(See All?) Announcements
573 Users Online
Google, Bing, Jethro

just in time
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
It was of no surprise that Lachesis had taken more than one wolf as his patient and treated them in the comfort of his home, it was almost a requirement of the healer to accept others into their home to stabilize and provide accessible treatment but Bastet found it particularly interesting that he was so welcoming of strangers. Given the unpredictable weather of winter, and the increase in loners because of such, there was no doubt in her mind that the medic was preparing for the abundance of strangers into Cut Rock River needing help. She was just appreciative of his kindness and bravery he displayed during such hard times--Lachesis had no idea what she was capable of, even despite her wound, and had taken her in to treat her without requiring anything in return. She would remember the heart of gold of this wolf, and enjoy the company they would spend together during the winter.

"I hope the male made a full recovery." she started off, her ears pointing forward with interest over the state of his pack mate, if Lachesis could make her feel better she was sure that he could give her the same. Her ears pulled back instinctively when he mentioned the company of another female in his den and instantly she searched for this female he spoke of as if expecting her to return back home only to find another female residing in the den she shared with the long legged male. When he mentioned that Anastasia would not find Bastet's presence a nuisance while she shared their den the dark woman did well in hiding her discomfort and disbelief, she didn't want to intrude on their space, especially if the two had developed feelings of some kind. It was always awkward being the third wheel in any situation, but this time, she was the busted third wheel--surely an inconvenience. "I'll take your word for it Lachesis, but I don't want to be a burden. If I cause any strife in your relationship because of living in your den, I will gladly leave. I don't want to be a burden..." she paused, her eyes searching his, though she meant this with no disrespect, it was her way of reading his facial expressions. "Now, can I get something to eat or will that interfere with my medication?" she asked, attempting to sound like a farceur to make light of the conversation.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Although he didn’t know much about the coal-coloured female he knew that a friendship would blossom between them. Her demeanor was similar to Anastasia’s, which made it easy to converse with her despite the ‘stranger’ status she held. The accent that doused her words was also incredibly intriguing and XIX was curious as to where she came from. He couldn’t help but wonder if he had an accent to the foreign female, but the question never left his tongue. Once – or if – a friendship grew then he would consider asking the female about her origins; until then, the many questions that swarmed his mind would remain tucked away.

The concern she voiced about coming between him and Anastasia came as a shock, but was appreciated. He knew, however, that even if Ana was bothered by Bastet’s presence she would not make it known to the charcoal loner. “You will not be a burden,” he retorted quickly to the female’s comment, a frown creasing his dark lips as he met her bi-coloured gaze. “You are welcome here, for as long as you’d like,” he added with a quick wag of his tail, a soft smile quickly replacing the previous frown. He did not want Bastet to feel as though she was intruding; he wanted her to feel welcome.

A chuckle fell off his tongue before he could stop himself at her next question. “The only thing that will interfere with your medication is not eating. I’ll be right back,” he responded before leaving the female alone, his long-legged body straightening out once he hit the cold air. He padded quickly to the cache, a forepaw digging through to find something suitable for the injured female. While he knew that Maksim would want him to take care of his current patient, the mental ’the pack comes first’ battle raged on inside his mind. Giving his head a quick shake, he wrapped his jaws around a large rabbit the boy returned to his den. After placing the rabbit in front of her Lachesis curled up on the ground several tails’ lengths away from her. “Eat up, doctors orders.”

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Did I tell you how much I love my graphics? They are so awesome! :D Should we fade?

She was silent a moment, finding herself giving Lachesis a once over for the second, or maybe third time. He was handsome, there was no denying this fact, she couldn't help noticing how mature he was despite being younger than her by a year or two. She appreciated his knowledge, and the kindness he showed to her regardless of whether she was apart of the pack, and he was even kind enough to offer her his home regardless of how his female friend may feel. He was a heaven send, and she kept this in mind as she listened to him speak. He assured her that her company would not cause a rift, at which she nodded with a smile, before exiting the den to find food for her to munch on while the medicine took effect.

The short moment that he was away she familiarized herself with his home, noting his herbal stash and the dent near the back of his den where she could tell the two who resided there rested at the most. It was interesting, to have so much happen to her in such a short span of time, though she appreciated the heavens for sending her such a welcoming back and a personal savior. She could not think of the words to express how thankful she was for Lachesis. When he finally returned, with food in tow, she wagged with excitement and took the food without argument, savoring the taste and the effect it had on her body as she swallowed chunks of the meal in silence. It was only when she finished that she began to speak, "Thank you so much Lachesis, I owe you for saving me." she was silent, searching his face for a reaction before she lifted to bring herself near his nape in a nuzzle. He was warm, and his pelt was soft as she reached up to lick his cheek and lastly his chin before drawing back with a smile. She rarely showed so much affection but this male deserved it for being so sweet to her. "I'll meet with the leader in the morning, perhaps he'll let me stay in the pack as a member?" she wondered, hoping that Maksim would not mind her presence.
(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2014, 03:37 PM by Bastet.)

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<333333333 and fade and archive weeeee

A silence fell over the slender, alabaster healer as he watched her consume the meat he’d brought her, his expression soft as his gaze did not waver. Becoming the pack’s healer had forced the shy yearling to get over this characteristic as it was a role that involved communicating and interacting with other wolves. It was only when he wasn’t acting out his role that Nineteen returned to his shell and avoided confrontation. While he had joined a pack specifically to engage with others (as it had been what Anastasia had wanted) the yearling still preferred to embrace his former loner lifestyle. Perhaps he was supposed to remain a nomad, but living in a pack was ideal; a loner would not be able to survive the winter for long without the comfort of a pack. Being part of a pack meant being safe and being part of a family; things that some wolves longed for.

He waited patiently for Bastet to finish her meal – he did not want to interrupt the hungry female. Lachesis was glad to see that the onyx-coloured female was feeling better; he knew now all she needed was a good rest after filling her stomach. Her voice caught him off-guard, his pale eyes meeting her bi-coloured gaze as she broke the silence. A lop-sided smile fell across his dark lips at her words despite the soft shake of his head: “You’re welcome, but you don’t owe me anything. I’m just glad you’re okay.” Helping others was what he was meant to do, XIX didn’t expect anything in return for what he did. He had always been a selfless wolf, and was constantly trying to make everyone around him happy before himself.

However, he was especially happy that this particular patient was on the road to recovery. The boy could recall how panicked he had been when he had first arrived after hearing Maksim’s distressed call – he was sure that the female wouldn’t survive the night. Luckily, the boy had been wrong and Bastet seemed to be getting better with each moment that passed.

The display of affection given by the female had taken him by surprise, his brows raising softly as the shadow female returned to her initial position, a smile perched lazily across her maw. He nodded absently to the next set of words to fall off her tongue as he tried to register what had happened, as his thoughts were suddenly jumbled together. “I know he’ll let you stay,” he responded quickly, his voice confident as he shuffled closer to the female. “And if he doesn’t, he’ll have me to deal with,” he added with a gentle smile as he curled up next to her. “Now, time to get some rest. We’ll deal with Maksim in the morning – but for now, you need to sleep.” Getting a lot of sleep would help with her recovery, and the yearling would ensure that she would get as much as possible. Lowering his head to his forepaws XIX closed his pale orbs, but remained awake. He would remain awake and alert until he knew that Bastet was asleep. The sound of her rhythmic breathing lulled him into sleep, the warmth of her pelt against his aiding to relax the always thinking youth…

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health