288 Users Online
Bing, Google

Moonrise; Moonset — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bridget who has 24 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Coquina Ladios
About two hours after sunset.

It was quite a chilly night, but the thick-furred woman didn't seem to mind. She hadn't seen Elettra in a bit, but perhaps that was alright for now. The scent of death had stuck in her nose after Skana's passing. Coquina's mind whirled as she seated herself beneath an old willow. A loud sigh escaped her muzzle as her back pressed against the trunk. Her head tilts upward and she grows dizzy. Suddenly snapping her jaws together, she tosses her head to the side before bringing it downward. "Shit" She hisses, her eyes narrowing. She was disappointed in herself for not getting to know Skana. Why though? If she had known her, handlingthis death would be horrible. Quin couldn't fathom the mental anguish that Elettra was suffering through right now... especially during such a hormonal time.

Coquina gritted her teeth together before she rose back up to her paws. Shaking out her coat, the woman stopped to look upward. The moon was barely visible through the tangle of drooping branches. With her view obscured, Quin looks to the ground and begins to slowly walk along. She allowed her mind to draw a blank and stay that way. She didn't want any thoughts in her head at the moment. Coquina wanted her new family to thrive. Elettra seemed to be an extremely strong woman, at least from what she observed. Yet Quin still had to become acquainted with the other members of her pack. She had only spoken with Elettra and Skana most thus far. Closing her eyes, the wolf stops at a small opening in the mangled branches above. There was the moon. Its waning face looked down upon the lore, watching all activities that would occur. Briefly, Quin wondered if Skana was mingling with the stars.....

(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2014, 12:14 AM by Coquina.)
Played by Bryony who has 53 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
(this post is coming directly after this thread)
The woman had eventually pulled herself from the view of the stranger, Jaromir. His face swirled about in her head, utter confusion following it. What a strange man, was all she could think about him. He had been kind, certainly, but almost too much so, and she could only presume that it was because of his desire to breed. Adelaide's insides clenched at the mere thought of a such a thing, and her tail tucked between her legs. A heavy snort burst from her nostrils and she plowed forward, feeling the faint tearing of muscle and flesh as the heft of the moose began to pull itself apart.

This lady would not be so easily woo'd this time, no she would not. Her past life was behind her now, and she would embrace life alone without her blood family to protect her. Tail rising again, she high stepped through the snow, suddenly feeling stronger than she had in quite some time. Dragging the moose carcass felt easier, though she didn't get too far before she spotted an unfamiliar face among the willows. Dropping the leg from her jaws, she turned her silver eyes upon the pale woman, "I don't believe we've met." Her heavily accented tones broke the night's deep silence. Adelaide pondered the pecking order, and realized quite suddenly that this female must be a step above her in the ranks. For as far as Adelaide knew, Senka was second to Elettra, and though she did not recognize this woman, the scent of the Ridge was stronger upon her than it laid on Addie.

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Coquina Ladios
She resided in her mind, allowing her thoughts to consume her. Her ears gently lowered as she lifted her lids. With a slight turn, Coquina sees another wolf approaching. The woman carries a large limb of a moose within her jaws. Tilting her head, her nostrils take in the splendid odor of the carcass. She blinks lightly before the words of the approaching wolf pierce through the night's air. "We have not. I am Coquina." The off-white wolf watches as the other seems to pick up on the bit of higher ranking. It wasn't much, and Quin didn't bother to lift her tail. Her face is stoic as she speaks "Joined recently... haven't spoken much to the others of the pack. It's nice to meet you."

Standing slightly turned, Quin allows her muscles to relax as her thoughts of Skana and Elettra seep away from her mind. She had been recollecting the days ago that she had called the two to the borders of the territory to join the pack. Coquina's eyes return to the moon before she turns again and seats herself. Her black-tipped tail falls gently to the side of her right haunch. As the air claimed the silence between them, Quin expected to hear an owl or creature of the night. It was still too cold for the activities of the other wildlife to return.

She remains seated, her nose stuffed with the odor of moose. It was a fantastic scent, one that she had only experienced about seven times in her life. Deer was what she had been used to consuming, but the occasional moose was certainly a treat.

Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose
Adelaide's presence seemed to make the lightest plash in the face of the woman. She seemed...Tired, or perhaps thoughtful. But Addie understood the feeling all too well. Endless days of hunger could make one lethargic. Though there was a chill in the air, she was certain that those endless days might soon see their end. Her tongue passed over her jowls, casting away the flavor that the moose left upon her jaws. She hadn't yet eaten, knowing the order of things, but suddenly found Coquina's presence to be a godsend. Perhaps they could both eat now. It would certainly make carrying the rest of it to the den that much simpler. Tail wagging over her back, Adelaide offered the woman a smile, "I am Adelaide Belrose, perhaps you'd like some of this moose?"

With a light chuckle, she cast her silver eyes down upon the leg that still laid at her paws, although the carcass certainly spanned on beyond that. The coyotes had picked upon it, and the stranger man, but there was still quite a beast of a feast that laid before them. "It's unfortunate that I came upon it half-eaten, but even the vagabonds of the wood have to eat, I suppose. There ought to be enough still for Elettra and her children, though." Guilt would prick at her for not immediately calling upon her leaders, and her tail fell from its apex as she pondered this. If Coquina rejected her offer, then it spared her guilt, though not her stomach.

Coquina Ladios
Coquina suddenly felt anxious as her eyes fell and locked onto the limb. She could almost taste it. Rising up onto her large paws, her tail begins to sway in excitement at Addie's words. "I cannot resist, honestly." Quin titters lightly, and smiles toward the agouti wolf that stood before her. As with Addie, a slight amount of guilt began to tug at her. Shouldn't Elettra be having the first bite? Well, Ad had found it and was bringing it back.... it seemed there wouldn't be much harm in tearing off some flesh. Besides, the odor was so tempting and nearly irresistible. A smile on her muzzle remains as she steps toward the carcass.

"Better you got something than nothing at all" she says, lips pulling into a smirk now. "I haven't even seen a damn squirrel around." Winter was certainly taking its sweet time to go away. What a pain it was.Quin's stomach was constantly growling as she made her daily patrols around the pack's borders. As she steps forward, the woman lowers her bear-like head, jaws opening as she comes within inches of the flesh. With a quick tear, she has a strip of meat within her jaws, and she begins to thoughtfully gnaw on it. If it were the summertime, she would be gobbling the meat down without thought.

This winter had forced her to really appreciate everything she ate. The savory flavor danced upon her tastebuds as she swallowed the lump of meat. Her tail swished in a pendulum-like matter "Damn good" She goes to titter again, but this time it escapes her throat as a louder chuckle. Oh, what a relief it was to actually eat something so satisfying.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2014, 05:31 PM by Coquina.)
Inactive No Rank
Adelaide Belrose

Adelaide smiled at her packmate, knowing full well of the hunger that likely gnawed at the woman's belly. She'd spent some time as a loner, which, even without heaps of snow upon the earth, made it difficult to eat anything. Well, actually, eating was very easy. It was just finding things that was hard to do. Wise animals slept beneath the earth in the winter times. But Adelaide would resist feeding for now. Although it seemed awful not to go straight to her leaders, it would have felt just as terrible to just stroll past a hungry packmate as well. Once Coquina had gotten her fill, Adelaide would save what was left for the leader and her offspring. Adelaide nodded as the elder woman mentioned her luck. She supposed it really was. The wolf that she had shared with probably could have easily overtaken her...And yet here she was.

She watched with amusement as her packmate tore away a hunk of flesh and began to work at it. It was a wise way to eat, that was for certain. If there had not been so much snow upon the ground, maybe they all could have eaten a bit more...festively. Adelaide smiled, her own tail wagging in the woman's pleasure. "Is it?" She asked, a hypothetical question if anything. Of course it was good. Even if the meat had begun to rot away, it probably still would have tasted lovely. "I do hope the snow gives way soon. I swear, spring is on its way." She offered the woman kind words, something hopeful.