(See All?) Announcements
680 Users Online
Google, Bing, Isla

ruthless — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon

When Skull asked him about his brother's name he quickly nodded. "Grr-ee an' Cass!" He looked up smiling wide enough his eyes squinted. It was obvious he was proud with his work whether it be right or not. Deacon was just happy he had managed to get something out for their names!

Walking along next to his brother about as happy as a young prince could be his mother was soon to show. Letting her get her bit out to his brother Skull he wagged his tail happy to see her. Before she left she gave a nudge to Deacon. Stealing a quick lick at her he soon barked to her. "Bye Mum!" Watching her walk away Deacon was quick to return his attention to the male he had been walking with, Skull.

Nudging his brother's leg softly Deacon looked at him wide eyed. "Where?" The young boy was trying to pry his brother into exactly where they were going. He remember something about going a new way to the den but the Archer Lyall boy wasn't ready to go pack to the den. Maybe they could stop and play for a bit! A game of hide and seek sounded good to him but he was gonna wait till his brother exposed where they were off to. Perhaps they could play a game when they came to their destination. Yet there was the good chance that by the end of their walk the boy would be tired and ready for a good nap

the princes of willow ridge
Deacon & Greer & Castiel
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
"Grr-ee an' Cass!" Deacon had chirped. Oh... joy... Sköll, while partially pleased that the boy wouldn't be subject to suffer such things like Angier's diction lessons or constantly being hounded by his mother to talk, was inwardly jealous. He considered that the names "Deacon" and "Castiel" were easier to pronounce versus "Asriel" and "Morganna," but still couldn't shrug it off. That was, until Mother Dearest came along...

He spotted her along the path, and though he smiled, he respectfully gave her his customary nod and the gesture of folding back his ears in reverence. His tail swayed a bit more as she uttered his name, "Skoll..." For some reason, to the young royal it always sounded better in her voice and tone - at least, to his ears, regardless of whether she was furious or pleased. What came soon after was a bit of praise, something the second-born soaked up and bathed himself in. Had it been possible for her words to form into something physical, it might have readily become a shining cape of liquid silver, the emphasized words of her being proud of him becoming the diamond-encrusted, silver metal crown atop his midnight black head.

Had the moment been longer than a moment in passing, Sköll might have thanked her in words, but as she lowered her head to give her younger son an approving nudge, he let out a low woof in appreciation. Deacon saw her off with a quick "Bye Mum!" and, in turn, nudged his brother's leg. The Archer, whose pace only slowed while he turned to look back at the cub, raised a brow. "What?" he asked, simply asking what it was his sibling had wanted. The Lyall was quick to follow through, "Where?"

Sköll returned his attention on where he was going, continuing to lead Deacon through the willows, "I'm taking you back to the den," he explained slowly, his pointy ears returning to their normal positions, "You're not supposed to be out here. You were lucky Mother wasn't mad at all."

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Deacon
"I'm taking you back to the den,"

Deacon didn't like the sound of going back to the den. In fact, he purely hated going back to the den. His curiosity was gnawing away at him like a beaver would gnaw away at the bark of a tree. Though still maintaining his somewhat level head childish acts he decided to throw a more verbal tantrum than a physical one. Perhaps it would still have the same affect though.

Slouching his shoulders he drug his paws across the ground as he walked next to Skull. "No den, no den, no den." He chanted it loud enough that his brother would hear him but not loud enough as to alert anyone, like his mother, to come see what was happening between the two step brothers. "Play!" The Archer Lyall prince of the willows was willing to do everything but go back to the den. He didn't wanna sit there under the close watch of his aunt Sorya and care taker Adelaide. Deacon didn't mind them, he just wanted a break from the normal faces and scents of them.

He was tired of only having Cass to always really play with, or sleeping in a jumbled pile with Greer and Cass, the den was boring to him. Of course those exciting moments too in the den when he would play for a moment or two with mother. Along with the visits, including small tumbles, with his father Angier. But those weren't enough to keep the prince of the willows content with his den. He desired more.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

He knew that as soon as those certain words had left his tongue, Deacon was going to make a ruckus. "No den, no den, no den," he rallied. Sköll rolled his eyes. Oh, boy... As his brother cried out, the Archer sighed, turning back to see the cub all forlorn with his shoulders slouched and his head down. Play... he had said. As much as Sköll wanted to frown and grouse and gripe, he didn't as he turned his head and eyes back to the forest in front of him. If he was his mother's son, he was going to set a good example. He already was such a dark and brooding thing, surely, the pack had no room for one more; and, in any case, he wanted to be the only whatever-he-was in the family.

"Oh, Deacon, stop," he drawled, picking up the pace. "Come on, keep up. Maybe -" he tossed a glance over his shoulder again to look at the little punk, "-maybe if you're good, we can stay out for a little bit and I can show you a little something Dad taught me." In his head a mental list of what they could do began to compile itself, complete with an associated image. Judging and considering Deacon's age and what knowledge or lessons he could possibly soak up without hesitation, he wondered how the boy would take to the topic of plants.

"We can help Mom and Dad gather some things," he mused, hoping his baby brother would not continue on with his possibly tantrum-driven sentences. "If I don't take you to the den, we can do that. We'll make it a game..."

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
Deacon

"Oh, Deacon, stop,"

Like that the boy silenced himself. Deacon was all ears to listen now that his brother Skull was speaking. He was interested in where exactly this was all going. "-maybe if you're good, we can stay out for a little bit and I can show you a little something Dad taught me." The boy jumped right to moving and ran forward until he stood a good foot or two in front of his brother's standing point. His small tail wagged faster and faster until his whole half end was practically shaking. Anymore movement, shaking wise, and the boy might have just fallen.

The prince was eager to learn this teaching that his father, the king, had taught his older brother. Perhaps it would involve some more adventures. Maybe he would get to play around with those weird things (plants/herbs) his mother was occasionally found messing with. So many possibilities for the young child to ponder about. Yet there was one he was most interested in. Trying to get one of those rabbits he had seen in the pack caches before. He liked playing with them as he would awkwardly throw it around with his brothers or by himself.

A bit lost in his young thoughts the sound of a game was something that drew him back to the reality. "Game?" He was wanting to know what type of game it was. Hide and seek, tag, chase, or whatever games there was to play.

the princes of willow ridge
Deacon & Greer & Castiel
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

"Mmhmm," he replied when Deacon seemed to question the idea of what game they would play. "But you have to play by the rules and I'll tell them to you as we keep walking. All right?" In all actuality, while he had thought to put the cub to work by stripping a few willows of their bark, Sköll figured out a better way to get his baby brother back towards the den. Every so often he kept looking around, sampling the air for a whiff of anything that would cue him in to whether he was close to a nearby cache or not. He would find one eventually, in-between keeping an eye on Deacon and minding where he was on a mental representation of the territory map in his mind. They had to be getting close, but whether or not the young Lyall was going to call him out on really leading him on some sort of "long way around," he had yet to see.

Eventually the Archer came to a stop on his invisible trail and began to dig at the base of what seemed like an ordinary willow tree. What he unearthed was neither appetizing nor pretty to look at, but the scruffy rabbit that had been cached away did have some sort of value as a possible plaything. He placed the rabbit at the cub's paws. "Here, sniff this," he instructed. "Look at it, taste it, bite it a bit if ya want... But I want you to memorize everything about it." A small smile played along his ivory-touched muzzle. "Because in this game, I'm going to hide it in a really, really good place and it's going to be your mission to find it. How's that for a game?"

table by bryony
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man