(See All?) Announcements
529 Users Online
Chan, Bing, Google, Nia, Riven

Skinny Love — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 258 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Mapplethorpe

The cub had been on his own, she had argued. The declaration only made the Leader frown, and he was not surprised when his mate arrived. Myrrhis had ducked down, shielding the cub beneath her as she cowered over him. The boy asking for his mother had not gone unnoticed. If they did not act now, then there was certainly going to be hell to pay. He would know, Naira would know... she had lost her children once before.

"...the mistake was mine and mine alone," she pleaded. "Any punishment you deem worthy to use on me, leave the boy out of it, I beg of you." This made Mapplethorpe openly growl, the sound vibrating through his chest and through the air. ”He was simply lost and it was my decision to bring him here. It is no fault of his that he is here.” His tongue slithered out between his teeth a number of times before he looked over at his Queen. He rumbled at her, this sort of soft growl confirming that he was rather pleased that she felt the same way. In a sense, this was like dealing with Sagacity and Mercy all over again; and, just as he had before, he gazed to Naira with an expectant gaze, his fur standing on end.

In a sickly sweet voice he cooed to her, "What do you think, Naira? Should we let the woman take the cub back or shall I we have Chulyin take care of it himself and leave her to fend for herself?" A deep whiff brought to mind something familiar, now that he had had the chance to pick up on the sharpness of willow leaves that mingled about the boy's mottled coat.

Though he had initially sneered and smirked and leered at such an idea as sending the cub one way and exiling Myrrhis towards the opposite ends of Relic Lore, his expression neutralized into a glare that darkened his masked face. "The boy looks familiar," he mused. "He smells familiar..." He stared at Deacon's face, his golden eyes raking up every inch of that dark, downy fur while trying to think of where he had last scented the aroma of willows.

It had been at that meeting, he soon figured, and immediately his gaze went back to his equal, all traces of pleasure and a desire to mercilessly deliver the cub to the Spirit of Wildwood itself extinguished by pressure and anxiety. They were not as they used to be, the two of them, and they would not be a match against any furious monarch with a rescue party of Guards and Scouts at their back. "We need to get this cub out of here," he hissed. "Now. Before anyone comes looking for him here." He fell silent then, listening and waiting for Naira to give her verdict: what would become of Myrrhis and what would happen to the boy she had mistaken as a orphaned cub.

Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep
• NAIRA •
I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion

He was on his own. A feral snarl ripped from the tawny woman’s chest. The rest of her words may have well as fallen on deaf ears. “Then you should have left him on. His. Own.” she spat in response. Even from here the tang of willows could be scented on the child’s coat. She had encountered the pack before and had no wish to do so again. Her eyes narrowed and she took a threatening step forward as the woman seemed to suggest that Naira would blame a mere infant for the idiocy of a grown adult. This would cause them hell regardless now. The child would carry their scent whether Myrrhis remained or not, and she couldn’t afford to have her brother any further away than necessary. Myrrhis was the one that had fucked up. She could dig herself out of this hole. Alone.

While her ears soaked in every word her mate uttered, her eyes never left the cowering subordinate. This would cost them and while she would happily take it out on the woman’s hide she didn’t want another pack members scent mingling with the singular one that marked the cub so far. “Take it south, back to the pack among the willows, and pray it’s mother is in a merciful mood. Don’t let your shadow darken my stoop again. Next time you won’t leave unscathed.” Her decision made she let a final growl roll freely from her chest with a gnash of her teeth for good measure. She would need to send @Sagacity ahead with some small peace offering to @Elettra - maybe some ginger root from @Couth’s medical stores or some other small gesture of peace and reassurance that the wolves of Hollowheart Keep had played no knowing role in her child’s abduction. With a direction of travel the Ridge wolves might even be able to meet her half way, and deal out whatever reward they saw fit.

template base by GINNYSAURUS | image by GREY
(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2014, 10:01 AM by Naira.)
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]