551 Users Online
Bing, Google

Change your mind — Cut Rock River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Bastet it's okay <333
As she pulled away from him XIX restrained himself from leaning into her, his pale eyes following her dark frame. Just like her he was consumed by his thoughts, unsure of what to say to break the silence that had settled between them. Lachesis had perfected the art of always saying the wrong thing, and with Bastet it was even more difficult than usual to find his voice. He waited patiently for her exotic voice to fill the space between them, his heart thumping rapidly at her words. The question left him stumped – he really wasn’t sure what he wanted, which wasn’t fair to Bastet. Or Capella.

Oh Ana, if you could only see me now… caught in a love triangle…

What would he have done if Capella hadn’t left and he came to amend things between him and Bastet? Would the situation be any similar?

Lachesis believed that it would – his feelings for the bi-coloured eyed raven were undeniable, even if he cared for Capella deeply.

Her voice rang out once, posing another question to the alabaster healer. His train of thought hiccupped at her words, causing a deep from to crease his maw. What would happen when… if Capella returned? As much as he did not want to be, XIX couldn’t deny that he was angry at her disappearance. Many months ago they had promised each other that they would let the other know if they were leaving – whether permanently or not – and this was the second time she had failed to notify him. And this time, after they had confessed their feelings for each other, she had left without a word. Lachesis had been left thinking he had done something wrong; perhaps she had changed her mind, or he had done something to upset her.

“She left me. Whether willingly or not, she’s not here anymore,” he answered in a soft voice, although his tongue was bitter, as his gaze fell away from her. “I want to see you happy, and I want to be here for you… I want to see where our relationship can go.” Would that be enough for the exotic raven? As much as he wanted to dive into this new endeavour XIX was worried that he was going to get hurt again.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
@Lachesis!

She could tell as she stared into his pale yellow eyes that he was sincere, and that she could trust each and every word that came out of his mouth, but she hesitated for the sake of her heart. It was painful to have lost him before, and she couldn't trust the awkward second to not break it once more, even if it wasn't intentional. Expelling a sigh she searched his features for a moment or two, reading his emotions, and when they did not falter she closed her eyes and fell into the warmth of his shoulder. She had missed him, and although she would not express it, she was proud that he had finally grown out of his shell to express his feelings for her. It was all she needed, and she would take it upon herself to make sure that he would uphold his promise.

When she finally opened her eyes she looked up at him, his alabaster chin was just inches from her nose and she licked it with affection, "Just don't hurt me again Lach," she pleaded, the aggression she had held just moments ago had evaporated from her as she once more exposed herself to this new feeling of bliss and euphoria. There was no telling where their relationship would go, and she was not foolish enough to give him her all again, but she was not ready to let him go into the arms of another either. If it was up to her, he would be hers at that moment, but it didn't work in that way and she was patient if only for him--he was vulnerable and needed time. "I'm sorry that she hurt you. I hope that she is okay and well, and that she eventually makes her way to Cut Rock, although I do not think she is good enough for you, I do not wish her harm." she had been family after all and he was sure that Maksim would treat her as such when she returned.
(This post was last modified: Oct 20, 2014, 01:53 PM by Bastet.)

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Bastet we could wrap this up now, or with another post? up to you! <3
As the silence weighed between them Lachesis leaned against her dark frame, embracing her presence as his pale gaze remained fixated on her features. A flurry of thoughts consumed his mind as his lips drew tight; there was so much he wanted to say. But they could be saved for future meetings – he did not want to bombard Bastet, or possibly share something that was not fully developed yet. They were both young, and there was time for their relationship to grow; time for thoughts (and feelings) to develop even further.

His heart throbbed at the idea of sharing his future with Bastet; he wanted things to work out between them, but it was not something he wanted to rush. The long-limbed healer liked building up the relationships in his life. It had taken Lachesis weeks to open up to Anastasia after they had teamed up and even longer until he became fully comfortable with her. It had been the same with Capella – even though he had initially felt a strong connection with her, it still took several encounters for XIX’s feelings to flourish for the sunflower-eyed girl. While he felt as though he was betraying her, for feeling so strongly toward Bastet, she was gone. Lachesis would not allow himself to grieve over her loss, and he knew Bastet would have no part of that. There was things he had to do; there was no time to slip back into the depression that had consumed him after losing Ana.

Her heavily accented voice, paired with the gentle lick to his chin, brought XIX back from his thoughts. He smiled softly at the display of affection being applying his tongue to her forward, his gangly body leaning against her dark shoulder. “I will never hurt you again, B,” he responded in a stern, yet sincere, tone. It was a strange feeling, to feel so content… to feel as though all the weight had been lifted off his shoulders. His soft, pear-coloured gaze studied the night sky as a comfortable silence fell over them once more. This was what he needed – the comfort and support of another without having to rely on them (completely). Lachesis had always been so dependent on Ana, and after her disappearance he had learnt to do be self-sufficient. Bastet was also persistent about his independence, and had encouraged him to break out of his shell – she had no time to deal with his insecurities.

As she spoke once more XIX listened patiently, the corners of his mouth twitching at the thought of Capella returning. Lachesis was not sure if she would return – and how Maksim would react to her absence. Although this was the first time she had disappeared while being a Cut Rock wolf (the first had been while she was in Pitch Pine) he did not know how forgiving the agouti leader would be. Unless, of course, the sunflower-eyed girl had a justifiable reason, Maksim might feel just as betrayed as Lachesis did about her absence. That was if she returned. Lachesis appreciated Bastet’s words, as it was painfully obvious that raven-coloured female was not fond of Capella. The pale healer shrugged indifferently at her words – although he felt the same, and hoped that she would return, he did not know if she would. “She will return when she is ready, but I will not be waiting for her,” he responded in a detached voice, a small frown pressed against his maw before he pressed another lick to Bastet’s forehead. XIX embraced the warmth that radiated off her dark frame as he returned his chartreuse pools to the star-studded sky, his thoughts of Capella slowly drifting away as he pulled all of his focus to the present.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
@Lachesis, I love these two! This post may be rambly because I am tired!!! But let's fade and continue in our current thread...
She wanted Lachesis, she knew this and her heart did as well but her feet dragged on the situation that they two had gotten themselves in. Before Capella, she was comfortable with seeing a future with Lach, in fact she craved him more than she was comfortable with admitting to him, and yet now, with this heavy weight upon them, she was afraid of what they could develop into. Despite how stale the stench of Capella had become, she knew that eventually she would return and when she would a gut feeling assured her that this meeting would become a thing in the past...their love was unyielding and she sensed that. With a heavy sigh, as if the wind had been knocked out of her she mulled over the options that spread before her, she had him --if for a moment-- and she was not giving that up without a fight this time. "And I will not hurt you Lach." she started, staring into his face with a smile. They were in this together, and she loved it...she loved him.

As they sat, and he mentioned Capella, she realized that they had been discussing her a bit more than she wanted, in fact her name had begun to make hers stomach churn and she would make it her duty from here out that he was no longer affected by her. "let's not talk of her anymore, she will be where she is and if she returns, she will realize that she lost out on someone good." after leaning into him she let her tongue lick at the area of his mouth and up to his forehead before nuzzling him in silence. This moment was too perfect but they needed to move on... "come, hunt with me..." and she lifted onto all fours with hopes that her gangly Lachesis would accompany her. She needed him now, and from this day forward she did not expect to be too far from him.