(See All?) Announcements
480 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing

Morning Light — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

o o c | yayyyy for Angier making holes in his story, making others assume and make whatever they like of his story. >_> ha.

“Heh,” he scoffed, hearing her say that boys were “more then enough trouble.” “Yeah…” Try four… he mentally added. Though his younger brothers were never thorns in his side, they were irritating to no end, especially when the youngest had ‘leapfrogged’ over him and assumed a Delta position. The promotion and scorn from his father had made him leave the Valley, but having her assume that he had left due to ‘his older brother’s’ reign over the pack was absolutely fine by him. It left him with less to say or explain and he preferred it to be that way.

Angier listened as she stated that she understood, nodding as she shared a little bit of her past. “Ah,” he sounded. He had expected her to continue on a different tangent, but the frenzied sounds of squealing and snarls made his fur stand on end. He tensed and attempted to shield his companion from whatever and whoever was making the ruckus, but after taking a step, Angier simply watched as she verbally and physically addressed VlarVLARINDARA! His own mouth dropped at the sight, not even noticing the sprawled out figure of the pig before her. Her statement of “having breakfast” had gotten lost in the din and the shock that had washed over him was replaced with a sense of confusion and inquisitiveness.

He took one more step forward, wanting to rejoice in the event of being reunited with the larger of the two white wolves, but stopped as he eyed them, observing and noting their interactions. The female had spoken her name and he tilted his head at the realization, lost for words. They knew each other… Vlarindara knew her… His features twisted and creased into his genuinely curious expression – one ear turned back and one side of his muzzle wrinkled at the side of his nose. Unsure of what to do, as Vlarindara had been tended to his cohort, he merely stood along the bank, eyes wide with his ears uneven. Only one word made itself apparent among the cloud of dust that had wafted past him and formed in his mind: Whoa…

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Bwahahaha. That amused me.. :3

At the question if she was allright, Vlarindara stood and shook herself once more, then lifted her paws as if checking them for injury.. or her limbs. After the self inspection, she settled back down onto her haunches and nodded, giving Jaysyek a gentle smile. "I am....Thank you..' She sounded oddly... shocked to have someone question if she was allright, but it was short lived as she saw the larger wolf standing behind her female alpha. Oh, Angier! That was a face she'd not seen in quite some time... but he looked thinner than the last time she'd met him. Vlarindara glanced up at Jaysyek before turning and grabbing the boar, setting it at the grey females feet. "We'll have to hunt later... but it should perhaps suffice for a breakfast?"

The questioning tone was gentle, and her posture submissive to the younger wolf. Her plumed tail was curled around her feet, while her forelegs were slightly bent - ears held out to either side of her head. When she had offered the catch to the other female, Vlarindara straightened and took a few steps backwards before offering Jaysyek a warm smile. A few seconds later, she shifted and glanced at Angier, dipping her head in greeting to the male. "It's been a while, hasn't it, Angier?" She was concerned over his well being - more so than she had been upon first meeting the burly male. He was much thinner than she remembered. Amber eyes glanced over to Jaysyek as she glanced back to Angie. "My apologies if I interrupted something... but perhaps I could leave this here for the two of you.. and find something further to bring back to the den?"

In the one question, Vlarindara had said a plethora of things about her current living conditions - least of which being that she'd had a new den.. and at least one more wolf she was around. She had also differed to the female, leaving one to possibly guess that it was not the white female calling the shots. The scents mingling in her fur left another unexplained... Faint musk and underlying odor of a male - but she'd not been around Borden or Jaysyek enough to gain the..permanent scent of pack. She smiled warmly at Angier, and hoped that Jaysyek would agree - and let him stay to grab a bite or two to eat.. No that she knew where the missing adult of the pack was.. they might be able to hunt something larger - perhaps sustain the four wolves until the afternoon.

user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc;tries to wrap my head around these posts,lol. and what to do.
Vlar was her first concern, though she was aware Angier was still behind her, she patiently awaited answer. The white lady glanced over form, and appeared intact. Jayse returned a brief smile of her own relief. She never doubted Vlar could handle herself, but she would wish no harm to come to her even if it were in little stratches. Small notice was taking as Vlar looked behind her to the curious male, who seemed to be taking everything in. Then she drug her kill to her feet, offering it for breakfast. "Yes, thanks." She answered, feeling between Vlar and Borden she would never go hungry. All the while taking in the submissive form of the pure white wolf. Jayse did not much change her own stance, she only stood regular heigth with kind eyes.Then it became known Vlar had met the male before. This was when she turned gray head round again to see how he took this. They sounded on good terms, but he still looked a little off as to how Jayse and Vlar were aquainted. Jayse had a name now, and if Vlar trusted him her instincts had been right.

The ash stroked female realized Vlar's gaze was upon her, and duo-colored orbs flickered back again in a calm fashion. "Oh no, not really. We were just on our way to find something to eat," This answer came right away, trying to convey no hard feelings, and such. "And you certainly found something." Lips twirled in a pleasant smile. However the question Jayse had to ponder on for a second. Though yes techniquicly the Alpha female Jayse did not want Vlar to have no taste in her kill. Especially after the whole episode, not to mention these two knew each other, and might like to catch up. Or something. Jayse had the urge to find Borden. He would be worried if he awoke without either of them around. Yes, first concern was heading back to the den, make sure all was well. Then she'd worry about her own breakfast.

"How about you stay here and you two,"She said, giving Angier a warm smile, shifting her gaze back to the white lady,"can eat. I'm sure Bord is wondering if not know looking for us." She stated, though she was really hoping he was still asleep. He could always use more sleep, than what he gave himself. Though she was happy to say he slept at all. "Maybe if we need more, between all of us we can get something bigger any way." Gray tail gave a slow wag, as once again she exchanged looks with the two. Wanting no argument for the two of them to eat. "Nice to meet you by the way, Angier." Body shifted in his direction, speakign his name and placing it to memory. Then she took a few steps away, and pausing, muzzle tipped to Vlar. "I'll see what's up, and meet you back here in a few." Jayse had to struggle not to turn it into a question, tacking if that's all right on the end. Why would't that be okay? Wow, it was going to take a long time to get use to this new role of life. Quickly she flashed a smile, and trotted back to where she had started the day.
{jayse exits scene}

ooc;i feel the need to split this post with jayse back at the den site. Is that okay with you guys or would you rather not? speak away. if it's okay either jayse will return here, or vlar is welcome back at the other. see how things play out i guess. ;) what do you think?
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2011, 05:32 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

The lanky male’s posture loosened, feeling very much out of place – like a gimcrack stuffed animal beside a pair of exquisite, beautifully-crafted porcelain dolls – after apprehending the relationship between the two. A pack… here… in the woods, and she, Vlar, was now one of them. That would mean she was above him now, out of his league even... Vlarindara set the boar at the other female’s feet, proposing that they’d need to hunt later. “They’d” she had said. Angier wanted to assume that she meant just the two of them, she and the smaller white female he had met, but a part of him knew she was probably referring o the pack they were both apart of. He slowly closed his mouth, realizing now that it was still hanging open after Vlarindara had acknowledged him, revealing his name to the wolf with mismatched eyes.

He gave a respectful nod in return, remaining quiet as the tip of his tail curved underneath him. The amber-eyed female apologized for disrupting their stroll and a weak smile curled up one side of his jaws as she mentioned, suggested, leaving the pig there. It’s alright, he wanted to say. No big deal… Swallowing the lump in his throat, he inhaled quietly and took a step back. At least Vlarindara was doing well, and he was glad to finally see her again; their meeting could have been less awkward, but nevertheless, he was happy.

His ears lowered as the supposedly dominant female gave him a warm smile, offering that he and Vlarindara caught up with one another for a bit. Her next string of words tugged at his memory. Bord… “I’m sure Bord is wondering, if not, looking for us.” The name, upon first impression, sounded masculine and familiar. Not wanting to consider the idea of the latter, Angier fully returned a small smile. “A pleasure t’ meet you, too,” he said quietly. She then turned and spoke to Vlarindara once more before beaming at them and taking her leave. Once he was certain she had truly departed and was well out of earshot, he turned to the remaining lady in front of him, “Who-oo was that?”

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: hehe! I Don't mean to run you from your own thread! D: -flaiiiillss-

Vlarindara frowned when Jaysyek turned to leave before shaking her head and loosing the soft whine from her muzzle. "I..couldn't rightfully expect you to leave simply because of me...Besides.. perhaps we should let him sleep...? He's been moving nonstop for months now..." She settled quietly to her haunches and looked.. alittle worried that her request might have been stepping out of bounds. Besides...Borden would call for them..if he really thought something wrong..right? The white female glanced at Angier with a soft smile when he asked who Jaysyek was. "Jaysyek...my..Pack alpha." She looked..oddly perturbed by the idea.. in a strange sort of way. Having been a loner for a fairly long time..she could remember what it was like...looking at pack members from the outside.

There were only three adults.. so it.. made sense to...ask him..right? Though, it wasn't rightfully her place to ask such a thing...It was Jaysyek or Bordens. The white female did move, however, and come up along-side Angier before lightly brushing her muzzle through the fur at his neck before settling onto her haunches. She didn't want that...distinction of pack and loner between them.. They'd known each other as equals - nothing had changed. "Jaysyek....might I introduce my friend Angier. We.. met in the old den a while back..." Her plumed tail was flying behind her, kicking dirt and debris about every which way. Those amber eyes looked over the gaunt form of her friend, then to the boar she'd caught before she chuckled and watched the other female. "Maybe we can *all* eat breakfast..?" Vlarindara didn't want to send Jaysyek off...simply because of her arrival..nor did she want to cut either out of the meal - it wasn't like her to do something like that.

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

o o c | not sure how to go about this, buuut, here goes?

“Oh,” he voiced. He watched and listened as she tried to call Jaysyek back. Jaysyek. He tucked the name away for reference later as Vlarindara strode up to him, caressing her maw along his neck before sitting down next to him. The alpha female didn’t glance over her shoulder to consider joining the two of them. She probably wanted to eat and hunt on her own, or join her mate, if she had one. Angier turned to Vlarindara with a smile.

“Or, how ‘bout you just enjoy your meal?” he suggested. “You caught it after all.” His rump lowered onto the cold mud and he plainly beamed at her, briefly looking her over. Their meeting was somewhat awkward, but he didn’t seem to mind. One way to get over uncomfortable dialogue was to move the conversation along. “So, how’ve you been?” he asked quietly, draping his tail in a loosely curved shape behind him. “Has your new pack been serving you well, I hope?”

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: XD

She frowned when he seemed willing to simply let her have the boar, but she knew she couldn't eat the thing herself. A soft sigh escaped the females chest as she got up and flicked her tail before going over to the swine and sank her jaws into the things leg. Vlarindara then began dragging it over to him and stopped once it was near his feet before settling down on the other side of the thing and watching him. "They're treating me quite well... They..formed the pack not long ago and I was fortunate enough to be allowed to join them." Her muzzle reddened as she cut into the meaty shoulder of the boar, her ears falling back against her neck while she ate. "I don't..suppose you would be..looking for a pack as well?" This was going out on a limb for her.. She didn't know if Borden would allow her to invite other pack members - but she knew Angier.. he was safe, right?

Vlarindara lifted her head after having chewed another mouthful and nudged the swine closer to him. "I may be in a pack now, but you are still my friend. I'm allowed to share my meals with whoever I wish...There's no need to think I rank above you, Angier." She didn't think she did, at any rate. Besides, they still had a walk to get to! And a hunt. The female smiled up at him before lowering her head to sink her teeth into the shoulder again. She was hungry, sure.. but she knew that if things went the...normal way of nature.. that there would be smaller mouths to feed in the coming months...Which meant that she would be doing more of the hunting, right? While Borden reinforced their borders and Jaysyek cared for the little ones..

user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

He watched as Vlarindara got up and tugged a portion of the boar to the space in front of him. His large lowered but he didn’t say anything as she sat opposite him on the other side of the fallen creature and began to eat. “I’m glad to hear,” he stated. “Very glad, actually.” He lowered his head to nip at the hoofed leg she had given him to eat but her question made his eyes flicker back to her. “N-not really. I mean, maybe one day but not at th’ moment.”

He reclined forward and gingerly skinned the piece of meat; his ears perked forward as she spoke again. “Friend,” she had said. It made the corners of his now bloodstained muzzle curl upward, “Ah, well, it’s jus’ the way I was taught to see the world, the way things are.” His Uncle Cutter probably would’ve been proud of him in that moment. He took in another mouthful of sinew, swallowing it heartily. “But, thank you,” he added quietly, licking each side of his nose and bowing his head gratefully towards her. “I ‘aven’t had much luck lately with anything ‘sides rabbits an’ whatever I can find that was left behind or cached away.”

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

She chuckled at the comment around the rabbits, remembering a specific wolf who had yet to manage a rabbit on his own. Vlarindara smiled and shook her head at his comment of thanks, the gentle movement having dislodged some dust from her fur. "I wouldn't expect any thanks from a pack member...and you are just as special to me as they are. So.. you don't have to thank me.." She didn't want to sound haughty.. quite the opposite, really. Despite her odd maternal instinct to even grown wolves, Vlarindara was quite...well She didn't try to boast about things.. She could catch meals, yes...but she would just as quickly turn around and hand it off to a wolf who hadn't managed to catch something for themselves.

She chewed thoughtfully on a mouthful while her mind wandered to the different wolves she'd met on her travels...The younger ones specifically. The ire that the yearling Makita had shown when she'd offered her help had thrown her as the yearling had shouted at her.. Before getting attacked by a bear. The white female frowned as she mulled over the events of that day..Had she really been out of place...to offer her help to the two younger wolves? Had it really been that wrong of a thing to do to warrant being shouted at? Vlarindara whined softly before she could stop it, her ears having fallen back against her neck. "Angier...is it...wrong? What I try to do.. to help other wolves.." There was a slight nagging to her tone.. a worry that the ideals she tried to live up to, were wrong. Was there some nuance of wolf society that she'd missed?

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2011, 05:33 PM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

Angier grinned upon hearing her laugh. “Well,” he wanted to say… “I thank you anyway.” But he kept his tongue in check and merely smiled, keeping his mouth closed until he tore another piece of muscle from the boar limb between his paws. As he swallowed a large bite and started gnawing at the bones to get at the marrow inside them, he noticed Vlarindara frown quietly. His stained pink tongue licked at his lips after he stopped what he was doing, tilting his head in light of her anticipated statement, comment or question.

He waited, perking both of his ears forward when she whined. Brows furrowed and head tilted slightly to his right, his tail wagged at the sound of his name but stopped as he took in the concern in her question. “If… you ask me,” he began to reply, pausing as he collected his thoughts. “No, though most, if not some wolves don’t appreciate aid… or help.” His teeth clenched together, “I would’ve been one of ‘em, but I’ve been out on my own for too long to pass up any offers… of food and company, anyway. It’s actually nice to have someone t’ enjoy a meal with.” He glanced down to the cracked leg bone before him, “But… yeah… No. It’s not wrong, Vlar, it’s just… not all of us lone wolves see another’s aid as it’s meant to be seen.” He winced slightly before looking up at her, thinking he’d been a bit too prolix, “They’d rather do things for themselves, thinkin’ yer kindness to cover up some sort o’ trickery rather than a deed. I don’t see why they’d think it, but I’m glad ya do what ya do; the world ought to ‘ave more souls that‘re as kind as yours. We all need a lil’ help here an’ there.”