(See All?) Announcements
714 Users Online
Google, Bing

burn it to the ground — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Missy who has 55 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Andromache Moon
Roma felt like she was drowning in all of the confusion. It was like a worm had dug a hole into her brain and was eating away at the little bit of logic and sense she had collected. She had run away because she felt ashamed for defending her father and guilty for not avenging her mother. When she returned to find that Athena had killed their father she believed that fighting Athena would somehow alleviate her of those feelings in the same way that killing Zeus would have. As if that kind of vengeance was transferable. Now, as she heard Athena's tragic story, Roma felt like an idiot. Roma had thrived under Zeus' parenting, he had put her on a pedestal and gave her all of the confidence in the world. Athena, on the other hand, had been treated like dirt. He had tried to kill her. Fighting Athena wouldn't have solved anything; in fact, it would have made Roma no better than Zeus. As that comparison crossed the woman's mind, she shuddered in horror.

Roma refused to look away from Athena as she finished her rant. Roma needed to know the truth of this woman's past; she needed to understand her better. Child? The man she loved? Her eyes sight? Athena had lost everything because of Zeus. Now, Roma knew that she couldn't blame the woman for killing him. Not only was their fight pointless, it was wrong. Roma had been wrong. As this realization became blatantly apparent, Roma dipped her head apologetically to the white wolf. "I am so sorry for your loss. All of it, your daughter, your mate, and your sight." Sincerity made Roma's words sound throaty; she felt like she was choking on the words because words just weren't enough. "I am sorry about our mother. When she died...I didn't want to believe it was him. So I ran away and I stayed away for years." Roma paused to look up at her sister, not in a challenging way, but in a way to emphasize her sincerity and the depth of her apology. "If I had faced my problems from the beginning, maybe Zeus would not have been around long enough to..." Another pause as she looked for the words to describe what he had done. "To destroy so much. I am so sorry for that."

Roma considered this apology and knew that it wasn't complete. She had done more than create this mess; she had tried to transfer all of Zeus' crimes onto Athena, who deserved them least of all. Clearing her throat and hardening her voice, hoping to convey strength and respect Roma continued, "Sister, I wanted to find an easy way out, a way to redeem myself for running away. At first I believed that I could do this by defeating you. That was a very bad mistake. In fact, now I think it is by the exact opposite that I will redeem myself." Roma paused hoping her meaning had sunk in. "I would like to serve you, to follow your lead. You have been wronged so much by a monster that I might have stopped. If I owe anything to anyone, it is to you. Please, allow me to right the wrongs that he has done as best as I can." Roma dipped her head respectfully once her request was finished. She briefly wondered if she should have addressed Vesper. It seemed like he would be lead male of whatever pack they had or were forming, but for now Roma's focus was on her sister. She disdained the idea of serving Vesper, but if Athena asked it of her she would pledge her loyalty to him as well.
[Image: 24ffd860-897b-451b-a944-a4cb79477419.png]
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain
Some day you too will know my pain
Vespertio Vuesain
And smile its black toothed grin

All was right again as words were shared and apologies proclaimed. It was listening to the very words said that allowed a small gleam of sympathy cross his gaze as Athena met it with her own, the faintest whisper meant only for his ears to hear before she gave a gently nudge to his cheek. He was glad she had seen the errors of her ways in accusing him, but reluctantly he had to admit that she was in the right. He had no clue of the pain she was forced to deal with. Kidnapped by the one who was suppose to love her most, abandoned by an old lover and rejected by her own flesh and blood, her daughter. No, he hated to show any sign of weakness and compassion for others but even he knew she needed a shoulder more than ever now. After the soft nudge to his cheek he waited until she stood by his side and he allowed his head to lift slightly in order to glide the surface of his tongue over the ivory fur of her forehead, nudging her cheek back with the tip of his nose. He spoke faintly then as his mouth lay near her ear. "You're a strong vixen for fighting to see another day. You're forgiven." It was as if fate had brought the two together for a reason, both in which coming from similar backgrounds. Neither of them were deemed worthy in the eyes of their father and had sought revenge. Of course Vespertio didn't try to kill his father, but he figured taking everything his father had earned over the years was revenge enough for ignoring his runt of a prince. He wanted his father to have nothing just like he had given Vesper. Nothing, but his last name.

But just as quick as the tender moment was found, it was gone. His brightly hued gaze drifting to Roma as she again spoke further, pleading forgiveness. "Sister, I wanted to find an easy way out, a way to redeem myself for running away. At first I believed that I could do this by defeating you. That was a very bad mistake. In fact, now I think it is by the exact opposite that I will redeem myself." Roma paused her words for a moment then. "I would like to serve you, to follow your lead. You have been wronged so much by a monster that I might have stopped. If I owe anything to anyone, it is to you. Please, allow me to right the wrongs that he has done as best as I can." It silently irked the brute that she had not addressed him at all, but that was just his ego craving the attention it deserved. Now was not the time to get butt-hurt over Athena the vixen, his vixen, getting all the attention. One day without the spotlight could suffice. Silently he nodded before pressing his shoulder gently into the woman's beside him, letting his actions speak for him to sooth her and let her know that he was here. As selfish, cunning, charming with the ladies and deceitful as he may be, there was no denying that the lady of the lake was indeed starting to grow on him and melt the ice around his heart one layer at a time.

Played by Arya who has 547 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Athena Moon

As she came up besides Vesper, he did something that she truly had missed, the affection from another. He lifted his head and caressed her white forehead and then nudged her cheek with his nose. His soft words in her ear sent chills down her chills as he referred to her as a vixen. A smile graced her ebony lips as she turned to look at him and nudge him back, accepting his forgiveness. She was glad that he didn’t hold any hard feelings towards her and that they were on the same page. This may be the start of a great and powerful partnership between them. If they could both understand each other and admit wrongdoings, they can do anything.

And then just like that, their affectionate moment was gone and her ears and eye turned back towards her sister as she began to speak. "I am so sorry for your loss. All of it, your daughter, your mate, and your sight." Gently nodding, she accepted her apology, one that she never received from anyone. Not a lot of wolves knew of her troubling history and rarely did sympathy come her way. However, it didn’t bother Athena. She didn’t need anyone’s sympathy. She’s still here, she’s still breathing. Then her sister apologized for something she never thought she would ever hear. . "I am sorry about our mother…” Nobody knew what Zeus had done to her when he had murdered her, but Athena knew what if felt like to be a target for his destruction. He was ruthless, evil, and the way he carefully calculated his blows and attacks was stunning, but terrible in the same token. He was a monster and Athena had no regrets on taking his life once and for all. Unknown to her, she avenged so many deaths from so many woman that Zeus had murdered. Though she didn’t know this, in her heart she felt that she wasn’t the only one grateful for his death. There were angels looking over her.

"If I had faced my problems from the beginning, maybe Zeus would not have been around long enough to..." Her sister was blaming Zeus’ ways on herself, something that she should never have to deal with. Zeus did what he did to everyone because of the way he was inside, she couldn’t change the way he was. He was a monster and the only way to stop him was to take away the only thing he cherished, his life. “It is not your fault. The way the Zeus was, was not your fault at all. He was the way he was because that’s what he was inside. There’s no way to completely change a man’s heart if there wasn’t one there in the first place.” Athena had to make sure that Roma didn’t blame herself for the way the Zeus was. There was no changing that man, no matter how hard she could have tried.

Her sister continued on and Athena silently listened and gave her the floor. She revealed that she wanted to redeem herself some way and she thought by defeating her was the way to for her closure. However, Athena proved she wasn’t easily defeated. Then her sister surprised her by announcing that she wanted to serve her, to follow her lead. She paused, trying to collect her thoughts. Vesper gently nudged her shoulder as if to let her know that he was here and he was with her at every step. With that reassurance, she began. “As family, we need to stick together as we only have each other. If you stick with me, I will tell you anything that you want to know about our family or anything that you want to know in general. We have each other now and we need show our father that we can be great. Family can learn to love again even when he tore everything down. We will rise above him. We will rise again.”

-FADE OUT-
|| Ash is welcome to make an appearance in any thread. ||