(See All?) Announcements
731 Users Online
Google

Stars Align — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alisha who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Oliver Carmond

The boy's overwhelming expression of thanks startled Oliver, having been used to not getting such enthusiastic praise."T-thank you, Darrah...." It felt nice. And also somewhat strange, not coming from Galley. But he could certainly get used to it. Somewhere in the back of his brain, Galley grumbled, angry at the young one for being the on to say something. Oliver paid it no mind however- teaching proved to be too much fun.

How'd you learn all this stuff? Oh how he learned most stuff- by listening and observing. Or at least that was the short answer. But often being on that end of a retort, Oliver assumed Darrah wanted a more detailed version of how he came into his knowledge. "Well, most of the things I happen to know, I was taught by my brother." Dark whispers started again, and it was a little bit harder to push them away this time."And he got them from all different sorts of places- he was one of those wanderers. Everything else is from my own travels, and coming across other lone wolves from far off places. Some of them had really strange ideas and religions."

Bending down as if to impart some great secret, Oliver whisper conspiratorially- "Sometimes, I had to escape within inches of my life. That's how I learned of Leo, the lion." He pointed to the group of stars in the sky."He's sort of like the mountain lions we have to the east of us, but he is much stronger, and has a huge mane that puts even horses to shame. I do believe in real life, there are such creatures in a land called......Atrica, I do believe?"

"Speech"
My tangled mind You're still with me

Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
WOWW I SURE TAKE FOREVER.

"Oh, No problem!" his tail wagged freely, excited to of made someone else happy. This seemed to be the most any wolf from the pack had given him attention, excluding his father.. And maybe his mom when she was around. It certainly was a pleasant feeling. With this new found sort of 'apprenticeship' he wouldn't have to feel lonely anymore. He should be the one saying thank you, not Oliver.. "You know.. I should be thanking you.. Look at how hard you've been working. I've kinda just been lazing around all day. Wallowing in my own self pity.. Nothing 'prince' like about that." he chuckled, though he didn't mean for it to be funny. 

"Wanderers huh..?" To Darrah, wandering off always seemed fun. Learning new things, seeing new faces. That was the ideal life. He was a little jealous of Oliver and his brother. " Religions? I don't think I've met anyone with different religious views before... Or maybe it's just not a subject that gets brought up a lot while I'm around... Huh." That was interesting. There where other religions? He pondered over how they could differ, and even thought about asking.. But he wasn't here to learn religion. That subject would be saved for another day. 

The prince gasped as Oliver spoke of his dangerous encounters. "W-within inches of your life?!" He was shocked, and every bit amazed. His new friend sure was cool! "I wanna see one!!" he blurted out before realizing just how stupid meeting one would actually be. "B-but.. I wouldn't want to be in danger... So I guess I'd wanna see one from.. Really far away.." that wouldn't be to bad right? Leo the lion, what a magnificent beast.

They had been talking for so long that Darrah hadn't even noticed the sun peeking through the horizon. "Oliver.. I'm getting tired.. I think we should head back..." he yawned. "I don't want to have to talk to dad about why I was up so late.. I don't like being scolded." rolling his eyes, the pup was far too familiar with how those talks went. "But we can talk again tomorrow! I don't have any plans and I think you're really amazing!" smiling, the young Tainn began his short trip back to the den for a good nights sleep. "Thank you for taking time out of your day to talk to me... It means a lot..."

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2015, 01:21 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.