747 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

love is louder than all your pain — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
OMG those tables are fantastic! I want one so bad <3

Titan tipped his head to the side enjoying the smooth flow of the conversation at paw. Neither party talked too much at this point, but neither did they speak too little.

He shifted his paws under him then tipped his head to the other side still showing keen interest in the older man. Now that Titan knew that this was Borden he was not only participating in the small talk, but trying to figure out what herbs might be able to help the man. He had yet to see anything more than slight confusion from Borden when he had first interrupted the little Lyall meeting. The way Rook had described his father before had Titan wonder if what he was seeing was only the tip of the iceberg.

Nodding once at Borden's mention of how Angier had helped move Grizzly Hollow, (which Titan is assuming to be a packs name) to another place; the dark Thorben gave him a proud smile. Angier had proven to be a great leader so far. Though Titan hadn't officially gotten to know him yet; he could see just by how big the pack was that both leaders were great.

That eye of his can't be helped by much. There's no way to restore full sight to it as far as I know. He's also pretty hefty sized despite not being hugely tall, so arthritis is definitely something that could be giving him pain. He's so old though,muscle pain as well as bone pain is a possibility. Sooo...Scrub pine might very well help em... Maybe hyssop to calm him when he's agitated and solomon's seal to help him sleep well at night too. Just remember to tell Rook before I leave. Remember, remember! Titan's thoughts rushed around in between the words of Borden. It wasn't until Borden asked Titan a question that he was fully concentrated on the man once more.

"My mother was formally Narime Lagina Thorben, but since dad disappeared she has dropped his last name. My father's name was Sloane Thorben. " He answered truthfully though kept much of the emotion fromhis face when speaking about his father. None of the Thorben siblings had liked their father much for leaving, or dying, or whatever the hell happened to him. Then slowly, as to not offend the male, Titan sniffed him a little closer to catch the array of scents on his pelt. "My mother leads the pack you seem to have joined." He then gave the male a kind smile. "She's had a lot of problems ever since the pack was founded. So please, be good to her. She just needs someone to be there for her you know?" Titan said this gently knowing that Borden probably had is own fair share of issues throughout his life. Thecaverns wolves knew all too well what betrayal was with wolves up and leaving for no good reason. Perhaps even he could be counted among those who had left. However, Titan wanted the best for his mother and Whisper Caverns, hence the reason he left to learn more. It was so that he could better the pack upon his eventual return.

Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

For sometime after Titan had answered, explaining to Borden that his parents were Sloane and Narime Lagina - names that Rook was sure his father could possibly recognize. As if to further confirm the fact, the younger Lyall nodded. He waited a moment to assess Borden's mood, watching carefully and listening attentively. A smile eventually eased itself onto his face, looking to his parents at first before replying to his contemporary, "Of course, Titan. Without a doubt, but I think... my dad ought to get some rest for the night." From the corner of his eye, he shot his dad the sort of look that expected Borden to understand that he wanted to be left alone. "He's going to have a long day tomorrow."

Rook stood up with a slight wag of his tail and gestured with a slow jab of his muzzle towards the pack dens through the woods, "I'll meet you back at the Caverns shortly." The subtle angling of his head wordlessly requested the patriarch to leave them be, but a closed lip smile sealed the deal, as well as held back the words that needed to be left unsaid for the time being.

Seeing to Borden's leave, Rook turned to Titan, heaving a heavy sigh, "Sorry if he seems a bit... off." He gave his head a small shake from side to side, "His memory comes and goes, but so long as he keeps being reminded I think maybe he'll remember." His right ear twitched, "I'm-- I'm leaving in the morning to look for the rest of my siblings, my sister..."

He clenched his molars together nervously, "Titan, I..." His heart felt as though it were fluttering about in his ribcage, but this was nothing like a confession of admiration or infatuation like what had happened before with Quil. "I know you're busy with your new pack an' all, but if... if you find something, anything, that might help my dad, could I ask for your help? I mean, if he... If he gets worse..." He exhaled slowly, "I'm planning to bring him back to Grizzly Hollow, somewhere I know that he feels at home. As much as I know, it was the last place he seemed to remember as a whole, and I think being there would do wonders for him. As soon as I find it again, I'm coming back for him and I was wondering if maybe... maybe when you're ready, if you'd like to join us." It might have been a bold move to utter such a thing without knowing Titan's status within his new pack but, with the way Rook thought of it all, what could it hurt if Narime had trusted both Elettra and Jaysyek? Perhaps the three matriarchs could come to some sort of allegiance, just like how it was in the old days...

(This post was last modified: Jan 21, 2015, 07:47 PM by Rook.)

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit\'s nest nearby. +1 Health
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall

Upon hearing the names of the boy's parents, Borden seemed to space out, his eyes becoming unfocused for a while as he mentally grasped about in the darkness of his mind. Narime's name, in particular, was familiar, that much was for certain. Jaysyek, he knew, would know if he asked or mentioned it to her. He blinked a few times before coming back to give the yearlings his full attention again with a small smile; but, when Rook mentioned that he should probably head back to the dens and get some rest, Borden's jaw tensed. The atmosphere seemed to change then, the once subdued static in the air charging up as he took a step backward.

"All right," he willingly obliged, one of his brows furrowing briefly before his masked face smoothed out into an expression of undeniable comprehension. "Don't be too long then, I'll be waiting."

"Titan," he gave the Thorben boy a warm, kindly smile. "It was nice to meet you. Have a good night." A lengthy pause was given before he turned to his son with an expectant gaze, "Rook." Then with the lifting of his left forepaw, he slowly turned about and began to pick his way through the woods, walking unsteadily as he used the deep footprints and the recent scent trails in the snow to help guide him back to the Caverns in the dark.

Along the way, he lifted his head to the clear winter skies, all too aware now that something - good, bad, or something in-between, he couldn't be sure - was coming and there was little he could do to prepare for it. A worried whine left his nostrils but soon enough, he found his way to the mouth of the pack den and chose his customary place somewhere in the middle of it. Settling down into a somewhat Borden-shaped depression in the dirt and snow, he reclined onto his stomach to wait for his son's return and to wish him a good night.

Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan watched closely now, without looking directly at either of the two Lyall's of course, to see their reactions. Borden had spaced out after the Thorben had given his parents names. Catching this confused moment, Titan wondered just what else he could do for the elder wolf. To further the point, Rook very nicely shooed his father away before telling Titan about his oddness. The dark lad had dipped his head in a proper but silent goodbye to the older male. Then he waited until he was far enough away to speak to Rook. Titan shifted uneasily for he could understand that it was the males memory going, but had no idea what herb could help him. There may be no herb known yet that can help the mind... He thought quietly before nodding in response to his friends worry. I'm learning how to find new plants that might be able to be used, but i it safe just to test them on some unsuspecting wolf? He wondered darkly imagining an herb killing somebody because he thought it might help them with some ailment.

"Mother won't be happy with your leave, but I have the feeling she already knows a bit of your plans."  He paused with a thoughtful look on his face. "She plays the ignorant damsel in distress quite well when problems occur with the pack, but she's really quite perceptive even with just a small bit of information. Ma's probably figured out that you're distressed about something and is expecting you to up and leave or ask her for whatever. "  He shrugged his broad shoulders clearly not worried over the distress his mother always seemed to be in. To Titan, Narime worried far too much over little things. She was almost always a stick in the mud.

Shaking his head with an amused grin on his face, Titan chuckled while Rook asked for his help with his father. "Dummy, that's why I left the pack; or at least it was a big reason for me leaving. One of the best healers in Lore is Elettra, and I'm learning all I can from the Ridge healers to help my friends and family."  He stepped forward to give Rook a more serious look before brushing his nose lightly past the grey males side to comfort him. "Don't worry so much, cause if you do you'll miss all the good moments you get with the wolves you love. "  Titan paused for a moment, screwing up his blue eyes while making a goofy expression to go along with that fortune cookie comment he'd just made. "As for the invitation well... Lets see here I've got a whole line of them.. An invite to come back to Whisper Caverns whenever, another from Phineas Argyris lead of Silent Moon Plateau pack, and Lady Elettra probably wouldn't mind if I stayed longer... but her pack is friggin huge. I can turn left or right without hitting a Lyall or an Archer smack dab in the nose. Besides she already expects me to leave when my studies are done. Then add your soon to be pack to the list... I guess I'm a wanted man."  He gave a wide devilish grin to his age mate before wagging his tail in happiness. Yeah all those other packs sounded nice, but he liked the idea of joining a pack he already had friends in. A pack who's subordinates he could already fully trust. Even in Whisper Caverns the only wolves he trusted had all left betraying him and his family. The only wolves he trusted and respected over there was his god awful clingy mother and his silent brooding brother. They really didn't need him over there, not with Kassander still living there as their healer. As for Willow Ridge, he might be friends with Enoki, Mordacai, and Skoll, but that did not mean he trusted any of them 100%. He trusted Skoll to do whatever the hell he wanted and that was it. As for Enoki and Mordacai, Titan believed that they cared more for their ranking in the pack than for trying to earn or give trust to others. If anything the only wolf he trusted 95% in Willow Ridge was Elettra, and she didn't seem to be the type to make friends often. Instead the lady seemed to be more of the "allying" type of woman.

No Titan would rather put his skills to use on a challenge like Borden in a pack that he already felt at home with even when they weren't together.

"Oh, that reminds me; I can't help too much with the memory problem yet. As far as I know there is no herb to help that, but I'm looking for one. I'm just trying to figure out ways of testing new plants to make sure they won't kill anybody you know? Wouldn't want a patient dying on me cause I tried out a new herb that smelled like something that might help.."  The dark males face turned into a sour expression as he thought of a wolf dying on him again. With his chest clenching and a sad cloud above his head, Titan surely didn't want to accidentally kill someone.

"Things that should help him right now though are known herbs called Solomon's seal to help him sleep at night, Lavender hyssop whenever he feels agitated perhaps from not remembering things, and scrub pine to help any achy bones or muscles. I'm sure wintertime nowadays hurts the poor fella."  Looking towards Whisper Caverns territory with only a flash of home sickness filling his gaze, Titan then turned to look towards the trees. He still had to answer Rook's question about the pack thing.

"Nobody needs me as much as you right now. When I learn all that I can I'll try to find wherever this Grizzly Hollow is. Ummm.. You do know where that place is located right? Maybe directions could help?"  Titan asked with a cock of his head. Even if he was just given a general "someplace in so and so forest" would greatly help in his search of the place if and when the time came.

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2015, 06:45 PM by Titan.)
Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Upon hearing the mention that Narime wouldn't like the idea of Rook leaving, the Lyall gave a knowing nod. He had cleared the whole ordeal with Titan's mother, assuring her that he would return and that he would replace whatever Borden had taken or eaten and would make up for her months of "cub-sitting" his father in actual servitude. She had his word; and, that alone promised that, by his account, she would never be abandoned or left alone. As Rook saw it, she had the Lyall's in her debt, and the more they collaborated and established a sort of "give-and-take" sort of relationship between their families, perhaps an alliance would be on the rise for them. If only Rook could get his thoughts and agenda in order.

"Dummy," Titan playfully teased. Rook's brows rose in surprise; if anyone else had called him such a thing, he probably would have snapped. Instead, tilted his head as he took in what his age-mate had to say, floored by it all... about why Titan had left his birth pack and the Caverns, how Elettra was a renowned healer, and what Titan was actually doing with his time. Learning.

"Don't worry so much," he continued, "cause if you do you'll miss all the good moments you get with the wolves you love." This prompted a small sigh from the masked yearling, a possible cue that some of the weight on his shoulders had slid right off of him just by learning what Titan had been doing away from home. Rook coyly smiled now as he let his buddy continue, his tail gently swaying at his heels behind him. To hear that the Thorben was a rather "wanted" man came as no shock. As much as Rook knew, Titan was a prince by name and blood, a noble... which meant that he had some sort of training. On top of that, Narime's son was also a very dependable individual, which made for a very loyal, trustworthy, and much-desired pack mate and subordinate.

The other name - Phineas Argyris - that had been given to him was hastily put to memory, but somehow, Rook had a feeling that it would be a quite a while before he met the man. Silent Moon Plateau, by first impression, sounded as though it were someplace far, far away, up on the heights of Mount Dire where Rook wouldn't even dare of going. As for realizing that Titan couldn't "go anywhere without walking straight into an Archer or Lyall," the revelation struck him right between his bi-colored eyes. If he was to go out looking for his siblings or family, he ought to head to the east and start his search where he knew his aunt and uncle to reside... to find out whether or not the "Lyalls" Titan spoke of were either his siblings or possibly the cousins he had yet to meet. Knowing that he could count on the Thorben prince, though, was more than he could have asked for.

"Sounds like a plan, Titan," he breathed, his tail wagging now in a high wave. "Perfect, really. Thank you." The gratitude for the other yearling now was absolutely immeasurable, even more so when the names of a familiar plant came to mind. Aniu had once tried using it last spring; but the results were inconclusive. Perhaps, a bit of the dried or frostbitten variety would be of better use, but that could come later or whenever Borden really needed it. As it stood the older Lyall was becoming more accustomed to the Caverns and for him to be familiar with the pack and have a place of his very own meant less disorientation and confusion.

"Yeah, I've been," Rook lent when prompted to provide directions to Grizzly Hollow. "I'll need to find the time to head to Willow Ridge, but the first thing I'm doing is getting the exact location and the landmarks that lead to the old pack grounds from here." The vision of Taima's bared teeth and narrowed golden eyes came to mind and he caught himself rendered speechless for a few seconds, "Namid, Bishop, and I... we..." His nose scrunched up along one side and his eyes narrowed in thought before he blinked and looked to Titan with a smile. "We came to the Caverns heading south, so... once you get your bearings from here, head north-west until you hit the tree line of Cedarwood Forest, where the trees are old and tall and most of them are of the evergreen variety. If I can help it, maybe I'll try to lay claim on some of the trees or put my paws where my parents' own marks had been; when you get there, if you're still not sure, try to look for some places where the bark has been stripped from the trunks. We'll be waiting for you whenever you're ready."

(Fade.)

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2015, 06:33 PM by Rook.)

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.