(See All?) Announcements
388 Users Online
Google, Bing

Loss of words — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Poppin' who has 48 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
Phy listened intently and turned her cheek to the west. The moon had just started to peak over the horizon. The path the two were about to embark on was dark and dense, what secrets lay waiting there? Phyrrus' eyes lingered on the path a little two long and before she knew it Anthem had already taken course. His voice snapped her out of the dream like state. She flicked an ear and followed up beside him. She wondered where they were going, was it close to the pack or farther away? In the next few minutes she would be able to decide. The sky darkened and the moon had risen over the canopy, peering in peacefully and lighting the way. Mist and fog had started to seep in from the shadows, Phyrrus picked up the pace, not particularly enjoying being a slow-moving target. But realizing that putting herself in a higher rank before a potentially dominant wolf would be incredibly stupid. Her paws lifted up small clusters of fluffy snow bits as she trotted briskly. The silence was odd, Phyrrus didn't enjoy it and then spoke up.

"Where are you from? You seem familiar with these woods." She asked with respect, Phyrrus had a keen eye for sensitive subjects and this particular subject didn't seem to be one for the he-wolf. The path stretched on and on, winding and twisting. Strange sounds cried out from the darkness, Phyrrus found the entire experience thrilling. When a new scream, howl, growl or moan emitted from the woods she would pause and try to decode the message. Eventually she would catch up with Anthem but otherwise she was held captive with the marvelously intoxicating feeling of adventure.
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

She was following him, then she wasn't, and then she would catch up. Anthem couldn't understand her stop and start routine. Sure he could hear all the sounds of the forest as night fell around them. It was a strange place all the noises echoing this way and that with the fog. He had traveled through similar areas though so this place wasn't abnormal to him. It was just another somewhat creepy forest. The stormy male didn't know if Phyrrus was a traveler as well so he assumed that it might be because she wasn't familiar with this type of area.

The silence was broken as the silvery females voice called to him. His blue eyes flicked to look at her before looking forward again. He took a minute to think of an answer. I was born in a place far from here. He answered simple before continuing to her next question. She liked to talk, this one. I have traveled to many places and some are similar to each other. Maybe that is why. When he looked at her again to see what her expression might be before asking his own question. What about you are you from this area or new to the area?

He was curious to see if she would answer the prying question. He had decided, despite himself that she was intriguing to talk to and though peculiar was interesting. He never knew what she would say next and the way she would say it wasn't like anyone else did. It peeked his interest a little, yet he knew that they would part ways at some point. Picking the trail back up once more he began to climb a slightly steeper area that was more rocky. His eyes scanned the snow looking for what he had been leading Phyrrus to. The stream would likely be covered in snow, seeing as the water didn't move fast, that would saturated with the liquid. All they needed to do was clear the snow away and then wait for more water to fill it back up. After that was done then they could drink their fill. There. He said as he indicated between a couple of rocks with a nod.

I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
Phyrrus could feel his wonder of why she was in a pause and go state. It was only her curiosity and excitability that had her screeching to a halt. The night had become dark and darker, the clouds had started covering the moon making Phy a little uneasy. Her odd behavior soon faded with the fear of being slaughtered in cold blood in the darkness. She picked up the stride and kept closer to Anthems path. Never being one to admit she was scared, she kept silent and tried to play off the scene confidently.

His answer was short and brisk, her eyes kept on the path trying to not show that her mind was racing with an almost furious speed. She listened intently enjoying the talking between the two. Phyrrus paused her frantic thinking after his statement, she flicked an ear and looked up only to meet his gaze.

"I do not mean to come across as rude or aggressive, but I do not understand. How can two different places be the same? You seem to be an experienced traveler but you logic is quite confusing." She paused and then laughed, "Listen to me, judging your logic as if mine were no less crazy. I apologize." She chuckled and shook her head with a smile. The path had become narrow, and the grasp of fear faded from her eyes as she remembered speaking soothed her mind. After he asked his question, she thought for a moment.

"I guess you could say I'm from around here. I was born in Red Fern but my mother never took me adventuring with her. I knew of the pack close by at the time, but I was never allowed thirty yards from the den. After a while my mother vanished and I took matters into my own hands. I then moved out into the open air and headed to the most eventful place I could think of. Mountain of Dire, I stayed there for a while and..." Her voice trailed off, starting to feel awkward and a little defensive about the conversation. Never wanting to think about the time after the mountain, she always felt odd when asked about her history. She smiled hoping he would understand her reasoning.

After a while the path became steeper and more rocky. Thankfully this terrain was Phyrrus' favorite, she found ease in hoping from rock to rock, lifting her paws at the right time and skillfully balancing. After getting over the road block, they found themselves at a snowy flat forrest. She flicked an ear listening to the world around her, the sound of small drops of water lingered beneath the snow. Anthem broke the silence with an abrupt "There." Phyrrus turned to him and laughed.

"There?" She chuckled and started to paw around the underground river. After a while she pin pointed the source and lifted her body in the air and crushed down with her front paws breaking the ice and snow. She dug out the hole and waited patiently for water to stream out.
(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2015, 03:13 AM by Phyrrus.)
  [Image: jjjjjjjj%20copy_zpsieqam7x9.png]
[Image: kjjjj_zpsws1xjeg3.png]

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

Well then, Anthem thought, if my logic is messed up then what about yours? He didn't say anything seeing as she then proceed to laugh at herself about her own logic. He remained silent for a moment before finally speaking his thoughts. You realize that these mountains are not the only ones. They block the wind from that side and what does flow through affects that area. If I were to go farther north or south of here and found a place that has the same protection and about the same area I would find a similar place to this one. He paused to let his thoughts settle and to let his words sink in before continuing in a flat voice. A wolf pack needs shelter, good prey, and an area that isn't crowded for safety. If I go to any pack I will find these things. Just like the mountains I find there will always be an area the wind flows through and there it will affect the other side in a similar manner. Understand?

He didn't know why he was trying to explain this to her seeing as he might be talking to the air but he had tried for what it was worth. Anthem's ears twitched as she told him her story only to trail off leaving it hanging there. She gave him an apologetic look that he understood quite well. He didn't expect her to tell him her whole life story. They had just met and he hadn't told her any of his past other than he wasn't from around here and that he was a traveler. Sitting down he watched as she made a small basin in the snow that clear cold water slowly trickled into. He made no move towards it seeing as she had been the one to ask for the liquid he would wait until she was done before he drank. He wasn't exactly thirsty but since the water was there he might as well.

I am the Anthem we sing,

Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
Phyrrus was attentive of his words, they bounced off the forest walls. She frowned slightly, his tone read upset or angry. After he finished the affirmation, she retorted back softly, not wanting to come across as rude...again.

"I see. Don't you feel like this place is special? I get your thoughts but still, this place has character that only it self sports. In each place, the laws are different and the pack is different. A disoriented leader may choose a unworthy place to set up a pack." She paused, looking directly into the pale blue eyes that shimmered like a fish scale. "I can understand similarities between places but some forests have a mind of their own. I hope my views aren't just mindless babbling." Phyrrus smiled and allowed any other thoughts to trickle in.

Her eyes flickered to the water that was gushing in from the cracks of ice. She dipped her head, seeing that Anthem did not make a move towards the fluid. She tilted her head down and took a long sip of water after seeing he wasn't making any hesitation for her to drink. Her dry tongue had soaked the water up like a sponge, her needs were finally met. She quickly backed away to let Anthem take his share. As the time passed, she fiddled with her ravens feather. It was almost completely hidden in her fur due to lack of adjustments. She found another place for it among the fast fur on her skull and around her ears. After tweaking it and growling in short bursts of frustration, the feather was finally in place. The iridescent black feather stuck out of her ears in a sharp position.

She sat down and closed her eyes for a moment. She listened to her surroundings, but... there was something out of place. Phyrrus opened her eyes and looked to the left, she swore she heard something. She leapt up from sitting, and narrowed her eyes in the thick brush that was surrounding the river. She saw a medium sized dot breathing heavily, and after seconds of silence and watching the unnamed body, it dashed out from the bushes. The she-wolf was close behind as the small animal raced through the woods. Phyrrus reached out with an open mouth and lifted it off the ground. The creature made a horrible screech and fussed greatly, Phy rolled her eyes and squeezed its neck tightly ending the scream. Her paws slid to a halt, she breathed heavily and admired the animal. After quick observation, the animal was found to be a rabbit. Phyrrus trotted back to Anthem, she tore off a flank and placed the rest in front of her, the rest of the rabbit was up for grabs. Phyrrus had always been one to offer food and water to the ones around her, she always shared and there was no question about it.

"Sorry if I startled you, I got excited and just kinda 'took off'." She smiled sheepishly and swallowed the fine tasting rabbit flesh. She waited for him to say something as the air became colder with snow.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC TEXT

Blue eyes trained on Phyrrus Anthem listened to her speak. She did have a point each area could have it's little quirks but in the grand view of things they were pretty close to the same. He let out a soft sigh. He wasn't sure if he was annoyed or just getting bored. He had explained as best as he could and she understood but her own view was also true. Your way of looking at things isn't wrong. He said simply no hint of annoyance in his voice.

The stormy male waited until Phyrrus was finished before he moved forward to lap at the cold water. It was good but then Anthem had always thought that mountain water was the best water. Clear and almost sweet it was purer to his mind. Dirt wasn't in it seeing as the rocks had been cleaned long ago of it and the only things that would get into it were from what dropped into it. Feeling content the large male stepped back pinking tongue sliding into view as he cleaned his muzzle of the moisture.

The sudden movement of his companion had Anthem whirling around with a snarl. All signs of his relaxed and slightly bored posture vanished. That is until he saw that she was racing away from him after a, he tipped his head eyes narrowing, rabbit. Growling to himself at his reaction he sat patiently while she raced after it the sound of the unlucky creatures cry filling the air as it died. He was a still tense as he watched her come trotting back with the prize in her mouth. She tore a piece off leaving the rest up for grabs. Her words had his eyes narrowing slightly before he completely relaxed once again. He wasn't sure what to say. Sorry I thought you were attacking me and was ready to tear your throat out? No that wouldn't sound good at all so he muttered. It's fine. Then moving forward he snagged a chunk of the meat finding his own spot he lay down to enjoy it.

I am the Anthem we sing,

Phyrrus Nereus Monodora
Phyrrus smiled in a reserved manner, she always had an odd fixation with being right in others eyes. As if her own opinion was lesser to others, which is peculiar because being the way she is, Phyrrus obtained a self assured attitude about everything. She was also quite relived that Anthem was not agitated with her. They walked on in silence, anticipation growing for the nearing destination.

Later on...

Phyrrus didn't pretend not to hear the growl as soon as she left, but understandably, she had exploded in motion which would have been a red flag for any wolf. After her apology, Anthem looked as if he was at a loss of words. He finally found an appropriate response. Phyrrus smiled faintly and continued to eat. Her eye sight had become blurry and her eyelids were heavy with exhaustion. She yawned, her muzzle encased with steam. The silence stretched on, she shook her pelt, sending little flurries of dust into the cold air.

"I am going to lay down and take a nap, I will understand if you want to take off but you are always welcome to join me." She said quietly, "If you aren't here in the morning, just incase, I want to say goodbye in advance. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, I thank you for your kindness and guidance. I hope we meet again." Phyrrus said with a set smile. She, in all honesty, felt upset that they possibly might be parting. Phyrrus always developed bonds with wolves in a short time, it was foolish and absurd and often left her hurt or left in chagrin. But, learning more than she would have liked, she grew to deal with being alone.

Discarding her foolish thoughts, Phyrrus walked into the bushes and curled up into a ball in the thick snow. Her eyes closed, and she allowed the world of dreams to wash over her.
(This post was last modified: Jan 04, 2015, 09:58 PM by Phyrrus.)
  [Image: jjjjjjjj%20copy_zpsieqam7x9.png]
[Image: kjjjj_zpsws1xjeg3.png]

Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
OOC Text

As Anthem finished his piece of the rabbit he noticed that his companion looked like she was ready for sleep. So when she told him that she was going to find a place for a nap he wasn't that surprised. He didn't know how long she had been traveling to find this Oak Tree Bend pack and finding water and then food to fill your stomach. It was no wonder she was tired of the days events. Her words of farewell were short and he felt disappointed? He wasn't sure why maybe he was just getting tired of having ties that came and went with the wind. A traveler didn't usually stay in one spot long enough to make ties that would last and he had traveled for most of his life.

He didn't respond to her words as he watched her pad away and find a spot to sleep for the night. Sighing he got up and going to the water he drank some more and cleaned his muzzle of the blood. That done he paused and glanced at Phryus's sleeping form. Remain here with her for the night or leave and maybe never see her again? Snapping his fangs in annoyance at himself with his indecision he turned and began to walk away. She didn't need to have him here and he wanted to find his own spot after he had worked his muscles a little more.

Moving like a shadow he began to make his way back to the mountains a place he would always return.

I am the Anthem we sing,