627 Users Online
Jadon, Bing

Empowered — Cut Rock River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Archive with your post? :) <3

He was ecstatic at the thought of having his very own apprentice. Naturally he was worried about the whole idea – what if he didn’t teach her enough? What if he couldn’t live up to his mother, and teach Karina everything she needed to know? No – he had to remain positive. He also continued to learn more about medicinal plants even now as an adult. There was always so much to learn as more medicinal properties were being discovered, and he could not wait to share it all with Karina.

However, there were some downsides to being a healer. There was always the possibility of the patient not making a recovery (ie. Shade) regardless of what, and how much, was done. There would always be injuries that weren’t recoverable, and diseases that were not curable. Being a healer meant accepting that, and not beating themselves up over an unpreventable loss. Lachesis had nearly lost his mind after losing Shade, and while he knew there was nothing he could have done except for make the pain manageable, he had believed for many months that it had been his fault. XIX knew now that he had done everything possible to save Shade, but he had succumbed to wounds far too severe for plants to save him. That was something he would have to explain to Karina – that losing someone would never be her fault.

“Thank you,” he said once more with his ears pressed back, gratitude dripping from his tongue as he spoke. XIX was even more excited to be able to tell Karina himself and see her reaction. Was this truly what she wanted? Would she be disappointed that her father wanted her to be a healer? Ever since the alabaster male noticed the River princess take an interest in plants he knew that she would be destined to be a healer, unless she was forced to choose another role or believed it to be ‘invaluable’. Lachesis was glad that Maksim was allowing his daughter to do as she pleased, and pursue something that interested her. He was even happier that his leader trusted him enough to train his little princess. “Thank you for trusting me, and for giving me both a home and a family. I will be forever grateful to you and will be at your side no matter the circumstance.” Cut Rock would always be his home – Lachesis was not meant for leadership, and would not pursue a pack of his own unless Maksim stepped down from his rank or suffered the same fate Shade had. He would remain as Maksim’s right handpaw as that was where he belonged. “If there is nothing else you need of me, I would like to go speak with Karina now and tell her the good news,” he added with a bow of his head – his insides were bubbling over with excitement, he needed to tell the River princess before he burst!

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you