Google, Bing

de quoi est-ce que tu as peur — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sarah who has 142 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>
Fainted. Now that was strange.

Hefting herself to her feet, Ozera cast a quizzical look in Corinna's direction. "<b>Really?</b>" The word flew from her tongue quickly, breathlessly. She paused, letting her breath catch up with her, "<b>Wouldn't I remember fainting? I don't remember fainting.</b>" For some reason, she could not find herself all that concerned. Certainly, Ozera was less concerning than that troubled look besmirching the other female's face. "<b>At any rate, I'm not dead, so don't worry.</b>"

Ozera's life philosophies did not allow her to worry much about herself. Sure, she told herself she mustn't worry in general, but the worries of other's always had a way of tugging at her heart strings. However, she refused to plague herself with... well, herself. At the present, she felt fine. None of her limbs had been broken again and clearly she was not dead as Corinna had thought. So what was there to worry about? The uncanny, tormenting visions of her fall flew out of her thoughts immediately, abandoned and repressed once more. "<b>Corinna, I really ought to be asking you if</b><i> you're</i> <b>alright. You nearly scared yourself half to death, and in your uhmmm... condition</b>" —that seemed like a funny thing to call a pregnancy, but for some reason calling it a pregnancy would have felt weird too— "<b>That's probably one of the last things you should be doing. Sit down, please?</b>" Reassuring sweeps of her tail accompanied her voice, hoping she would distract Corinna from her silly vexations.
</blockquote>
Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

And just like that, a life could be over. Breathing in and out, the alpha female forcing herself to calm down and put the situation into perspective. Ozera was clearly fine, despite her incident. How one could faint mid-conversation and not know it was beyond Corinna's range of knowledge, and she cocked her head to the side in confusion as the second asked. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. "I honestly...dont' know. I've never had that happen to me before. That's why it scared me," she admitted, though, let's be reasonable, that was one life experience that the alpha female did not want to have. Ever.

She inwardly cringed as the topic of conversation changed to her, and despite Ozera having just fainted, their roles were reversed. Cori's heart rate had spiked, but that happened every time she had the thrill of the hunt, and it would be a sad day indeed when she was not apart of the pack hunts. She did not want to sit down just because she was pregnant - it wasn't even all that visible yet. But, she wanted to make the other female feel better, so she shut her face and fell back to her haunches. "Oh alright, if you insist, but I'm still much more worried about you." Look at them, the perfect picture of caring pack mates - pack mates who barely knew each other. "So tell me a bit about yourself, Ozera? I feel so bad that I'm not better acquainted," she said after a moment, flashing a good-natured grin.

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote>
Something about this encounter seemed to be going wrong. Maybe it was just because she had fainted only minutes ago... but it felt <i>awkward</i>. It was like they were both trying very hard to get to know each other, each with the very best of intentions, but it was still awkward as all hell. Ozera didn't understand. Usually she had no problem with talking to anyone, stranger or acquaintance. What was so different about today, what was so different about this wolf? Was it the strange expectations she had brought to this meeting, coupled with her girly and random swooning? Probably. As Corinna fell back into a recline, Ozera's eyes darted about, wondering at the turn this encounter had taken. She shuffled her feet softly on the ground, slightly anxious. She didn't want Cori to worry about her, because that only made it worse.

For some reason beyond her, being asked about herself made her cringe. She didn't really want to discuss her past. What was there to say, anyway? There was a sob story and then a lonely story, and everyone had one. And what was she to say about <i>herself</i>? Was she supposed to say that she was scatter-brained and clumsy, that she loved everyone no matter what they did? Because she couldn't say that, since she was so unaware of herself that she was incapable of recognizing such qualities in herself. Perhaps it was this, this inability to judge herself, that made her such an awful judge of character. “<b>I'm afraid I don't really know what to tell you,</b>” she said slowly, mulling over each syllable. After a pause, she added, “<b>I'm pretty unremarkable.</b>” This was not said out of self-pity, though, which she indicated with a subtle smile.
</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Corinna waited patiently, eyes occasionally leaving the face of the second to explore the trees around them. Ozera was merely one of the many Swift River wolves that Cori had to become better acquainted with. It was almost pathetic, no, it was pathetic, that she had only really met Indru and Triell since she had joined the pack. She had been there at Marsh's acceptance...but Marsh was a little quirky. She liked him, he was polite and honest and a hard worker, but he was not a fan of conversation, and half the time Cori found it difficult to keep her mouth shut. That made them quite a pair to try and match up. But he was loyal, and the leader had greatly appreciated his participation in the reconstruction and maintenance of the pack den. Borlla was the other member of Swift River, and given what had transpired at the pack meeting, it was not likely that their eventual meeting would go over well. For whatever reason, the younger female had taken a great disliking to Corinna, her disdain for her sister-in-law's pregnancy very clear by her outburst of the meeting. Truth be told, the objection had cut Cori's soul, and she had spent many nights after that questioning her mating with Indru. It had all happened so fast that the young female had barely noticed that she was falling in love with her leader, and his proposal had swept her off her feet in a joyous surprise. There had hardly been time to even say hello to Borlla, never mind get a clear understanding of who she was.

It didn't seem like her chance to try and get to know Ozera was going particularly well either. For one thing, she had fainted. That never led to good conversation, and now it seemed she was unwilling to speak of herself, which made discussion difficult as well. Not that Cori could blame her, she had never really sat down and had a serious conversation about where she had come from. It wasn't really important in the long run, they were all here now living together as a pack, using each other to thrive and survive. "Ha, well that's alright," she chuckled, trying to keep her laugh from being awkward. "You're a Swift River wolf, so you must be remarkable." The comment was intended to be a compliment, a sort of pick me up, but the way it came out made the alpha female blush, and she hurried to correct herself. "Not that you're not anyway. I really do appreciate your being here, and your support in all of this." It was accompanied by a gesture to the stomach region of the alpha female - she really did appreciate Ozera, and did not want to offend her. "Sorry. Words and I don't always get along sometimes." Flushing, she grinned and wagged her tail, hoping that the elder wolf would not take offense to her young leader's inability to speak like a normal wolf, as incommodious as it was.

Inactive Deceased
Ozera Ahote
<blockquote><ul><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>i swear next time they meet it'll be less weird. most of this thread I was just so unaccustomed to Ozera
DERP KICHE WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE GET OUT. -facepalm-</li></ul></span>
The sentiment was touching, bestirring a pride for her pack that she had never really found in herself before. Up until now, she had always just sort of felt like she was just a wolf <i>living</i> in Swift River. She had never really felt like a <i>part</i> of it, even if she now knew most of its members, with the exception of Marsh. But Marsh didn't seem like one of those types who <i>anyone</i> really knew. At any rate, her existence had never really felt like it was making any sort of impact on the pack... and maybe it still wasn't. But what Corinna said to her almost sounded like a promise of the family to come, the family that would <i>include</i> her. Maybe some day soon she wouldn't just be a silly old wolf living with the Tainn family, maybe she could be adopted in.

Corinna, as clumsy as she was with tying words to her thoughts, was really a heartfelt, sweet wolf. Ozera knew she really did appreciate her being here, in Swift River, with the puppies coming and all. Smiling, it occurred to her just how perfect Corinna seemed for Indru, although she wasn't really sure what it was that made them so perfect for each other. But what did it matter? As long as they were happy like they were now, what did it matter if Ozera understood it or not? "<b>Oh don't worry about it. I don't think any one is really all that good with words. Some people are just better at faking it than others,</b>" she responded with a wink. In reality, she figured, no one knew what they were doing. They just sort of stumbled on and applied meanings to the things they saw and tried to fit them into their life. Everyone was just winging it. "<b>I'm going to go off for a bit of a hunt though, alright? Prey doesn't catch itself!</b>" She began to take a few steps towards the forest before she turned her head back to face her leader, "<b>And Corinna, it was so nice finally getting to meet you.</b>"

</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Her awkwardness did not seem to be too much of an issue for Ozera, and for that, Corinna was thankful. She did the best she could, and sometimes she managed, and other times she did not, though she liked to think that she succeeded more than she failed. The wink made her feel included, and she wagged her tail hopefully. What a ways their short encounter had come. Ozera had fainted and now they were in cahoots against the rest of the world. It was all good fun. But alas, not all fun could continue forever, and with some dismay, Corinna watched as Ozera prepared for her departure. A hunt, that was nice. But no invitation was given, and the leader did not want to intrude and over extend her welcome. So she merely nodded her head, giving the older female a grin. "Of course, happy hunting," she said as Ozera turned away. Rising from her haunches where she had been resting, she cast a look around. Now that she had met Ozera, there remained only a few of her pack mates that she needed to really get to know: Borlla and Marsh. The first one was not likely to happen anytime soon, and the second was going to be difficult due to Marsh's nature. But, she wanted to be seen by her fellows as a worthy leader, so Cori would do what she could. "It was good to meet you too. See you around!" she called, before she too turned away and walked back into the forest, a grin plastered to her muzzle.