(See All?) Announcements
612 Users Online
Bing, Google, Finley

The Run and Go
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

His precious moon gazer was the first to speak up about the situation, his ears swiveling in her direction to indicate that she had his attention and the floor to talk. Long story short the expecting mother had been patrolling borders when the stormy man happened to be returning home after he knew was another excursion to find wolves to bulk up their numbers. Something that the didn't quite need anymore now that a few more members had come to join their ranks and the very woman before the men now was carried a littler of pups. Pups that would do much good in securing their hold on the lake and their future. Lady luck had surely showered the struggling pack as of late and there was hope waiting on the horizon for them. Things couldn't possibly get any better in his mind. Everything was finally okay. Nodding his dark masked cranium, golden eyes shining in empathy for his lover as she took responsibility for her actions and apologized to the second male. Something he knew Athena would have been to proud to admit.

A soft chuckle wanted to become verbal behind the patriarch's lips at the surprised expression that settled on the larger man's face when Namid apologized. Vespertio knew the man was not one to submit easily to others much like he had been himself yet he had a feeling Anthem and Namid would have a better relationship and chance of gaining each others respect than the old lead female ever did. "Well i'm glad we could get this cleared up without much hassle." Turning his gaze to the pale coated woman he went on to inform her of why his scent had become to faint. "Before you had come to join us I had asked Anthem here to go out and search for members to join our ranks. We were sorely low and on the verge of having to disband if our numbers didn't increase. Thus he has been gone in search which is why his pack scent has become faded." Tail giving a small wag behind him his attention was then brought to the stormy man as he spoke of failing once more, a look of shame washing over his facial features that made quick work of ending his once merry tail wags. "Anthem, you may not have brought anyone back, but you have done much for me just by going out to look. I find myself thankful for a loyal member like you more and more each day. You've done well in my eyes." His tail then picked up its merriment wags once more as golden pools shifted down to something that had caught his eye. A white pelt lay on the ground beside the larger man's paws and a curious head tilt followed suit upon its discovery. What was this?

(This post was last modified: Apr 10, 2015, 05:37 PM by Vespertio.)
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Vespertio had listened as the Lake Queen explained her story, empathy entering his intense golden gaze as she explained her folly with some trepidation. She didn’t want to look weak, but Namid wasn’t so proud as to not admit her mistakes when they were made. She was still learning, always learning new things and new ways. It would take her a while to truly master being a leader, and she wasn’t sure if anyone really did. They were all mortal and they all made mistakes, she was no different. It seemed that her apology had been accepted, a look of surprise emitting from the face of Anthem and even a bit from the King. He had understood that she was just protecting their own. The lead male explained to her that he had sent him out on a mission to collect members for them and bring them back to Fallen Tree Cove to keep them from disbanding. This last bit, admittedly, shocked her as she hadn’t known they’d been so close to not having their home. She was now very grateful for Anthem and the effort he put in, though she was confused by the look of shame he bore.

The second turned to Vespertio and apologized for not bringing anyone back with him. A want to comfort the male was felt by the expecting mother, a need that she would have felt anyways despite her growing maternal instincts. However, the king of the lake was quick to do that for her. He reassured the male that his work was appreciated despite the lack of return, and that he really only needed to repay them in the loyalty that was apparently abundant in his personality. The praise was simple, and she found herself in slight awe of the kindness she could see in the powerful man’s body. He truly did amaze her.

Noticing as his gaze trailed down to something on the ground, she followed and noticed once again the pelt that he had been carrying at the time of their encounter. A curious look mimicking that of Vespertio’s dawned on her expression as she looked from it to Anthem.

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
With his head lowered Anthem didn't notice the expressions that crossed the silvery lady's face. He listened as his friend and leader explained to her why he had been gone and the scent of pack faded from his pelt. It was depressing how close they had come to giving up their home. Thankfully others had found them and joined otherwise they might have disbanded not long after the pack had formed. Even if he hadn't help found the pack he still felt that he was as much a part of its beginnings as those that had. After all hadn't he staid when almost everyone had left? Pulled from his thoughts as Vespertio began to speak to him Anthem glanced upward. Did he feel like he didn't deserve the praise? Yes he felt that he really had done nothing to earn it but at the same time it was nice to know that he was valued here and not another body in the pack.

Standing straighter once more Anthem gaze his friend a look of gratitude. It is nice to hear that and I hope I continue to do so. His gaze went to the female. It is hard for me to submit but I hope that we will be able to get along... He said, speaking out of character while trailing off. She hadn't shared her name had she? He must really be starting to mellow out or something. But he was going to go on a limb and try to make that first little step towards what he imagined would be a friendship like he and Vespertio had. Then as if both their gazes were drawn to it at once they saw the pelt that he had been carrying but had dropped. Dipping his head he nosed it forward for their inspection. 

It had some dirt on it now but it was obviously not apart of it. Seeing the confused looks he spoke his tone neutral seeing as he wasn't sure what response he was going to get or what he was evening looking for in bringing it back with him. I was hunting not to long ago when I found a white rabbit, which with it being warmer and their coats changing I found surprising. So when I caught it I saved the pelt and here it is. If you would like it you can have it. He glanced at the both of them wondering if they might use it for a gift or to decorate the den with. That is if they wanted it at all. 
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

A white rabbit in the midst of the approaching spring was indeed a peculiar thing. With the warming of the weather most of the hares around the area had began to molt already if not finished from the colorless pelts of ivory to the tawny browns that allowed them to blend in better with the surrounding brush now that snow was a rare sight on the ground and leaves were beginning to blossom all over the lore. Nonetheless the prized object at the larger man's feet did little in the way of displeasing the lead male. Pulling the ink tinted flesh of his lips back into a more formal grin his mighty crown gave a dip in thanks. "I believe it would be a perfect rug of sorts for the birthing den to welcome the future pups with." At this his golden hued gaze swiveled from the swarthy man and the white pelt to his beloved. "Wouldn't you agree, my love?" A whole new emotion raw and foreign to the man twinkling behind the brightness of his smoldering gaze. Was it pride of a different sort, or excitement alone that shone so bright? Pride a new father felt for the impending arrival of his first litter, or the excitement that his pack, their pack was thriving now? Of course nervousness still coursed secretively through his veins. Thoughts clogging his mind when he was alone if he had what it would take to be such a successful father.

A moment passed before his attention was shifted once more, this time settling in the expanse of space between the two wolves. A rumbling making itself known in the pit of his stomach as the change in the wind brought forth the scent of blood, moose and canine. Lifting his head up at an angle his nose twitched to and fro deciphering the smell of their cousins. Annoying cousins that nobody wanted to socialize with. "I don't know about you two, but I could use a good meal. I smell some moose off in the distance. Surely after your journey a solid meal would be appreciated, Anthem." A friendly smile settling on his lips as the same friendly nature set his tail into motion. Swaying from side to side behind him almost carefreely. With Namid now feeding for a few mouths the expecting father knew that she would need as much fuel as she could gather for the event to partake in a couple of weeks.  

Exit

(This post was last modified: Apr 23, 2015, 07:50 PM by Vespertio.)
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

The queen of the lake noticed the slight rejuvenation in the posture of the man, but it didn’t bother her this time. He turned his attention to her and offered her some words, words that promised a mend in their relationship. A gentle smile played on her lips and she nodded to him, “I believe we will get along just fine. Please, though, be patient as I learn the ropes. I will need your guidance at some points, and I place my trust in you as Vespertio has to offer it in the right direction,” She replied.

Her attention was drawn back to the pretty pelt as an explanation was given, her heterochromatic gaze drawn to the out of place fur as it laid abandoned on the ground. Head tilting sideways in curiosity she moved forward, bending her head to sniff at it. Next, she carefully rubbed her snout across the plush, soft hide. Images flashed in her mind, little whimpering bundles curled up on it and against her belly. Small, kneading paws pulling and tugging as they fed on her milk. A little family to call her own, warmed by the heat of this animals fur.  "I believe it would be a perfect rug of sorts for the birthing den to welcome the future pups with. Wouldn’t you agree, my love?” The king replied. She turned her shining gaze on Anthem, her smile growing larger and her tail giving a wag. “Yes, I believe it will be perfect.” came her response.

As the prospect of food was mentioned, her ears went up and she felt her stomach give a growl. A sheepish look settled its way onto her expression as she gave a nod of agreement. Pushing her nose under the pelt, she began rolling it until it looked much like a burrito. Then, she picked it up in her jaws and the hungry expecting mother led the way toward the moose happily.

All’s well that ended well, she supposed.

Exit

[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Hex who has 174 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Anthem ColdHeart
With his words that seemed almost an apology the larger man nodded as the silvery lady told him that he would have to have patience with her and that she put her trust in him already just because Vespertio had. The thought of her doing so already had him thinking that he was going to have to make sure that he earned it. Especially with the surprising news of the new lives on the way into the world. They would need to have those they trusted around or the pups could end up in a bad situation. He through that thought away. There he was again being negative trying to find something wrong so that he could worry at it like a bone.

Glad that he had brought the fur he dipped his head like a noble accepting the praise of his king. Which in a way he was except he was more a guard than a knight in shining armor. A small grin played on his face as he watched the silver lady roll up the fur and away they went to go get themselves some of the fresh meat that the wind promised them. Following after his leaders Anthem knew that without a doubt that when they returned back to the den their bellies would be full and the thought of finally being home brought the rare genuine smile to his face. Because their was no doubt that he was home.

-Exit Anthem-
I am the Anthem we sing,

My sister the Angele we follow,

My brother ,Nathaniel, our guide

Together we shall not stray.