527 Users Online
Google, Bing

Her Eyes and Words are so Icy — Clandestine Brook 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by wolfsi who has 51 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Rift Longwood
 Rift Loongwood 

Rift nodded“I guise that might be the best answer, and yes I be the one to ambush” she looked around soon sing a place where a thorny bush blocked the way. “If we get him to run that way we can block him from tree sides. The bush shouldn’t be big enough for him to jump over it, and if he do the chance that he will get tangled up in it will be to our advanced.” she said shaking her head the way of the thorny blockade behind the deer’s to the right.

she looked around the airier of the deer, trying to map out how se would get behind them whiteout them spoting her black and sandy-brown in all the white. “I be over there” she said string to walk in to the forest and the around the deer’s so that they would not spot her between the trees. She walk slowly  trying to avoid making to much sound as she moved around the flock of deer. As she got closer she laid down rolling her body in the snow so that it would stick to her making it easier to hide. As she left the forest she crouched up on the deer from behind. She laid down close to the right of the thorny bush.  Waiting for Ceara to start the hunt b> -it odd that she would started the hunt every time she come up whit something she wanted to be les up standing than me-she taught to herself.

"Speech."  b>-thinks- 
 I live on forever in the hearts of thew who where my companions in this life  

[/quote]
(This post was last modified: Jan 24, 2015, 07:40 PM by Rift.)

Don't blame me for talking to my self.
my mind is the only one who do not disapprove of me.
i guise i could blame you after all you where the one who left me.

Played by Fira who has 24 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
@Rift -- sorry for the wait. I've been busy the last few days.
Word Count: 277

Ceara nodded silently as she listened to Rift’s suggestion. Aiming the buck towards the thorny bush was a good idea, and she was glad her hunting partner had thought of it. She watched silently as Rift began her slow walk around the deer, and finally settled down close to the bush. Now it was up to her. They would only have one chance at this. Ceara would do her best not to mess it up. She had disappointed others before, and it was about as unpleasant a feeling as one could have. She took a deep breath to steady her nerves, and then began to slow creep closer to the deer.

She had to stay in the trees, or her dark fur would give her away instantly against the snow. She crept as close as she dared, keeping low to the ground and stepping carefully so as to not disturb any twigs or rustle any leaves. Deer were notoriously skittish, just as any other prey. It’s what kept them alive. But it did not help those who would hunt them. Being small did have some advantages during hunting, though. Because Ceara was not heavy, she could run fast, and she also had less of a chance of disturbing their surroundings.

When she was at the tree line, as close as she dared to their target, she tensed her muscles, getting ready to spring. When she felt she was at the right moment, she bounded out from her hiding place and made a beeline straight for the buck. Instantly, all three of the deer scattered, and now it was up to Rift to stop the buck from escaping.
CEARA
The way she shows me I'm hers, and she is mine
Open hand or closed fist would be fine
The blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

Rift Longwood
 Rift Longwood

Rift laid still waiting for Ceara to start the hunt her heart racing in her chest, as she grew more and more exited as adrenalin filed her body. She closed her eyes letting the sound of the wind and the sound of her own breathing filed her ears while the scent of the deer filed her nose. She opened her eyes and force her boy to lay still, not wanting to disrupt the hunt by scaring the deer towards Ceara. She took tiny steps forward to make Shure she was ready to do her part when Ceara started the hunt.

Suddenly the peace was broken by the buck’s warning and the sound of them running through the snow. She let the fawn and doe pas her and then she jump up whit a grow baring her fangs before running toward the buck making him chance direction for the thorny bush. "try if you can injure his hind leg!” she shouted to Ceara knowing that there best choice would be to injure him so he would lose a larger amount of blood. As she made it to the right flank of the animal she jump griping on to part of his side whit her teeth and claws. Before losing her grip and landing on the ground twisting her right front paw, not too bad though. She got back up whit a wimpier before continuing chasing after the buck. Though she did not get other bigger inures on the buck only smaller bits to his legs

"Speech." -thinks-
 I live on forever in the hearts of toughs who were my companions in this life 

[/quote

Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
@Ceara and Rift: Mind if I cut in as well?

Tagg trotted through the dark valley, shaking snow from his pelt.  Where am I?  he thought.  He'd been so desperate to escape from the stench of the humans he hadn't paid any attention to his surroundings.  Now he'd landed himself in a strange - and seemingly hostile - environment.  If only I could still see out of my left eye,  he grouched to himself as he slowed to a walk, life might be easier.  

He stopped short as he heard a soft voice off to his left.  His hearing from that ear wasn't as good due to the rips in it from the same attack that had claimed his eye, but it still picked up the sound. Tagg turned his head and strained his ears forward, trying to locate it.  There; a small distance away, two females were talking.  He sniffed, but the snowfall made it difficult to catch anything.  He dropped into a crouch and stalked towards them, ear pricked.  He heard one of them mention a deer, and they took off.

"No, wait!" He called, standing and going after them.  They didn't seem to hear him, and Tagg slowed to a stop again, fighting the disappointment in his belly.  It had been so long since he'd had any actual contact, and survival was much greater in a group - especially for a wolf with a disadvantage like his.

Tagg caught a faint whiff of the females' scent and turned, following it back to where they'd been talking.  Not far away, one of them had dug herself a little shelter in the roots of a tree.  He sniffed around out, tempted to curl up and rest.  They'd run off; why shouldn't he take advantage of their negligence?

But they're females.  Tagg argued with himself.  I can't be rude.  Alright then; I'll just sit over there and wait for them to come back.  Maybe they can tell me where I am.

"Speech."     Thought
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
@Rift @Tagg -- Tagg, since you stayed behind, we can't really interact with you right now, since you're back at the den. You'll have to wait for us to go back to the den, or you'll have to come find us.
Also remember posting order. Order now goes: Rift, Tagg, Ceara.
Word Count: 389

Ceara heard Rift’s words and tried to change her course accordingly. Rift had managed to make the buck run towards the bush, so now all they needed to do was get close enough to it so that they could take it down. And this would be the hard part, especially for her. She made sure to steady her breathing and keep moving at a pace she could keep in case the buck escaped – though she didn’t want to think about that. She was starving.

With a burst of speed, she lunged at the buck, cringing as she did so. She fully expected the creature to kick her, and his legs were strong enough to do real damage if they landed a blow. She was lucky, though. He was so busy trying to escape that he didn’t even notice her coming until she was upon him. Before he could shake her off, she dug her claws into his side and let her weight – however little there was – drag him down. It didn’t do what she expected, as she was too small to bring it down. She would have to act quickly or she and the buck would plow right into the thorny bush together.

With a last attempt, she slid down the deer’s side and lunged forward with her jaws, snapping at its hindquarters. She managed to get a grip on him and thrashed her head from side-to-side. A good bit of his flesh ripped from his body, and he let out a cry of shock and pain – and began trying to buck her off of him. At this point they were only a few feet from the bush. She attempted to dislodge her claws from the creature’s side, but they were stuck. At the last minute, she pulled away and fell to ground, and the deer kicked her in the face. Pain exploded in her jaw, and she yelped.

Half-blindly, from the pain, she watched the buck fall into the bush and struggle, but he seemed stuck. Her jaw hurt so much that she could not find the words to speak. She swiveled her head in Rift’s direction, hoping the other would deliver the killing blow. In the meantime, Ceara slumped to the ground and buried her face into the snow, hoping the cold would help numb the pain.
(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2015, 02:41 AM by Ceara.)
CEARA

Rift Longwood
@Tagg jump in and you might wanna come to us or wait at the den.... -rift might be a little overprotective of Ceara if she is still badly injured when you show up....

Rift Longwood

Rift ran back up to the animal and just as Ceara grab onto it leg she ran in up to the side biting after the front legs and belly. Knowing that her poison wasn’t the smartest but this way he would have to run directly for the thorny bush. As Ceara dropped form the deer the and the sound of the deer’s hoof hitting bone made Rift jump back looking for Ceara who was lying in the snow. She then hers the crash of the deer as he got stuck in the bush. She looked from Ceara to the deer not knowing if she should help Ceara or kill the deer. She maid a fats decision, Ceara would be stronger if she had food in her belly therefor Rift maid a run for the deer -Forgive me Ceara- she thought as she stodud looking at the deer who was scared hitting out after her whit his legs. She growled as she managed to get around the legs and bit down on to his neck. She held down on to the deer’s neck until she could feel the warm blood flow down her neck and was forced to let go

she jump back sing the deer make it last struggle to get out of the bush before going limp. She ran back to Ceara "Ceara, Are you okay!” panic was to be found in her voice as she feared that her decision might have craved the life of the first wolf she had met in this place

"Speech." -thinks-
(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2015, 11:00 AM by Rift.)

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
@Rift @Ceara It's okay I can wait :)

Tagg, quickly growing bored, stood and shook the accumulated snow from his pelt before returning to the makeshift den. This isn't big enough for more than one wolf.  He realized.  I don't know when they'll be back, and the snow will make the ground harden...  

Deciding being a gentleman was better than being lazy, Tagg stretched and began scratching at the walls of the hole to enlarge it.  Although it wasn't something he wanted to admit, Tagg hoped enlarging the den for them would make them more kindly towards him whenever they did return.  This was his first - and possibly last - chance to ask someone where he was.  He growled in irritation as frozen mud lodged itself between his claws but didn't take the time to remove it yet.  I'll just have to do it again later.  He rationalized.  I wonder if they've caught anything?  

Irritated by his slow[Image: arrow-10x10.png] progress, Tagg began digging in a frenzy, wanting to be out of the hole and waiting before the she-wolves returned.  He kept his good ear turned back to listen for their approach, but heard nothing.  Finally, after several minutes of furious digging, the den was large enough for two wolves to fit, albeit some-what tightly.  At least they'll be warm.  He though, staring at his work with a critical eye.  It was anything but nice, but it would work.  

Tagg retreated back to where he'd been sitting before, just withing view of the den through the swirling snow.  He set about tugging the frozen mud out of his paws, wincing at the stabbing cold.  "The things I do..."  He grumbled to himself, curling up with his good ear aimed at the den.  He thought he heard a faint kiy-yiy, but wasn't sure enough to go after them.

He sighed.  I hope they don't take TOO long...  Figuring he might as well rest, Tagg dozed off in his pile of snow.
l
Inactive VI. Yearling
Ceara
@Rift @Tagg -- Again, sorry for the wait. I have just started a new semester of college and it's been super hectic. I was thinking we would post a few more times, and then archive this, and we could all start a new one together where the three characters all meet properly. How does that sound to you two?
Word Count: 319

Ceara’s world was blurry and painful for another minute or two. Fuzzily, she knew that Rift had felled the buck. This was good. It secured them food for quite a while, being that there were only two of them. She was somewhat aware of her new friend running quickly back over to her, and she could smell the deer blood all over her. The smell of the blood made Ceara that much hungrier, and she stumbled to her paws, shaking her head. She did not respond to Rift’s questions at first, only focused on checking herself. It was only her jaw that hurt. It felt like it might be broken, but she couldn’t know for sure. She attempted to move it around, and winced a little, though the pain seemed to be dissipating, so maybe it wasn’t broken.

She looked at Rift after another moment, briefly checking to make sure that her friend wasn’t hurt. The bigger female looked to be okay. “I… I think I’m all right.” Her voice was quiet, and rather meek, but that was the way she always spoke. “The buck… Is it dead?” She looked towards the creature, and saw that the answer was yes. And so her next question was, “How are we going to get it back to the den? There are only two of us.”

She sat down now. The chase had tired her out, and she was still a little disoriented from getting kicked in the face. She was lucky the creature’s hooves had missed her skull, or her eyes. She could have died from that hit, or been stricken blind. Still, she was happy that they had succeeded. Bringing down a buck that size with just two of them was an impressive feat. And Ceara was never one to complain about injuries, having grown up taking the brunt of her brother’s play-fighting. Sometimes they played a little too hard…
CEARA

Rift Longwood
@Ceara okay if you want to do that, but should we go back to the den first so that we could met @Tagg i fell we are leaving him behind (poor lonely tagg)

Rift Longwood

Rift looked at Ceara whit a small smile as she got back up, though she was still worried. A hit like that could be dangerous. A wolf with a broken jaw would have a hard time at hunting prey witch could fill there belly. "good." a spark of worry was to be found in her eyes as she turned around looking at the deer, it was stuck no doubt about that"I think we should worry about getting it free first, can you use you jaw then we might be babel to drag it free?" she shook her body to get the snow witch was filling her fur out of it.

she walk over to the deer locking at the entangled body, thorns was prizing its skin making the scent of blood fill the air. -one thing is foreshore if we leave it heir other predators will claim it, and us if we are unlucky.- she thought as she looked around opening her moth and moving her ears trying to find any trace of sent or sound indicating that they were not alone.

she moved her head closer to the animal just before her nose touch the skin she inhaled the warm sent of blood and meat. Before standing back up letting out a howl, they had put down this deer and know they had shown this world that they could survive. -this is my life and I wont be leaving for the next world to night- she tough as she howled hoping that Ceara would howl whit her. She felt happiness bubble trough her entire body, a new place and a new friend.

"Speech." -thinks-
(This post was last modified: Jan 30, 2015, 07:21 PM by Rift. Edit Reason: added some info for my fellow wolves )

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
@Rift haha thanks

Tagg started from his slumber, jumping to his feet with fur bristling. What was that?  He thought frantically, ears swiveling every direction and head swinging around.  The cry rose and fell, and Tagg understood its meaning.  They got one!  He realized, fur beginning to lie flat on his shoulders again.  He shook his head to clear it, flabbergasted he'd actually managed to fall asleep. 

I shouldn't sleep so deep without any defenses.  He berated himself. You have to indemnify for your eye already; getting caught unawares will make things worse.  He swished his tail in self indignation and once again had to shake the snow from his fur.  He'd only been asleep for a few moments, he knew, but the snow had already piled around him.  He jumped over the small bank and paced around the den to warm himself up, trotting a few laps to keep his toes from freezing.  He ate some snow to wet his mouth and returned to his small nest, curling into a tight ball and trying to ignore his rumbling tummy.  He tucked his nose under his tail to keep it warm and twitched his good ear towards the den to listen once more for the returning females.

A small fear pricked in his belly.  What if they didn't return?  What if they ate their kill and moved on to find someplace better to take shelter?

Then at least I'll have a nice roomy den to sleep in.  He pointed out to himself.  He would wait a little longer - if they didn't show up, then he'd move in.
l