553 Users Online
Google, Bing, Archer, Moonshadow

Forget about James Bond — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 8 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
X-Ray Dog - Black Fortis

The dark prince couldn't even form the word "Three" on his black-lined lips when Piety came by. She effortlessly took charge of the situation, which partially doused the inferno already raging within his very core. A few meager questions with just the right tone had Rook on the ground, ears flattened and head lowered. It seemed that reaching out to this little saint had done a whole world of good for the Ridge. Skoll could barely even begin to imagine what it would be like if the two of them managed to reach the top of the ranks.

A growl left him as the Lyall pleaded, but it wasn't long before even that was stolen from his throat. Renier, the other Lyall, had finally dared to show his face. With such a greeting, perhaps he would get to see for himself where exactly Renier stood when it came to proving his loyalty. His hackles remained raised and as Quil emerged, falsifying his lie and stepping past him to join her lover.

Skoll's jaws snapped and he immediately rounded on Piety at his side. "Leave us," he hissed at her through his teeth. His voice lowered just enough so that Rook, who stood furthest away from them, could not hear, "I don't want you to see this and I do not want you getting hurt." The last part of his sentence was emphasized with such insistence that he wholly expected her to do as he asked. "Go. Now."

At first he did not dare to allow his silvery irises to leave her side, waiting for her to make her decision. One of his ears turned to face toward Rook, his the creases in his frown deepening as he took in the threatening declaration. Grizzly Hollow, what a stupid name... He marched forward, stomping as he went, to stand next to Quil and ignore Titan completely, strategically placing a forearm out at an angle as if to block her from joining the trespasser.

He lowered his head, his shoulders slightly squaring as his tail came to arch over his back, his voice ringing out through the willows, "TRY ME!!"

(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2015, 09:46 PM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

Everything was happening so quick. Before she knew it there was a whole lot more. Many voices and faces that had her cowering nervous in the shadow of Skoll. Any sign of strength had quickly been wiped away from her body. Her tail tucked and ears pinned. Why she almost looked like Rook.

Listening to all the wolves, who were certainly all higher ranked and more experienced with these things. Obvious tension had her ready to back away. Although the saintly woman found herself glued by Skoll's side. That was until hissed yet hushed words came slithering out from her much darker companion. "Leave us," A bit of sadness found a way into her eyes. Did he really want her to leave? Why? Before the young one could voice her protest Skoll's words shot out again. This time bringing forth the reason she wanted to know so badly.

"Bu-but Skoll...okay."

Piety wouldn't fight it. There wasn't a single rebellious enough bone in her to go against his wish. He was a prince and had been so kind to show her a home so the least she could do was follow his orders. Backing away from the scene the Saint soon tucked her tail scampering off. Her eyes angled downwards to avoid the eyes of all the other wolves who had gathered. The last thing she wanted was to be stared out. So off the pale coated yearling would go. Slinking back into the heart of Willow Ridge away from all of this drama. Hopefully Skoll could and would fill her in on everything later.

-PIETY'S EXIT-

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
make a stand show your hand, calling a high command
Morganna Archer
Don't think just demand, I'm like a bird of prey

When @Renier had made his presence known, the Archer princess found her feet moving of her own accord. As he spoke she settled herself next to him, her tail held level with her spine and her head lowered to protect her throat. She wasn’t about to go starting a fight but she was ready for one if that was what it came to. As Quil finally joined them, her shoulders relaxed and her head rose to its natural position. She was content to simply observe for now.

@Titan’s presence and words were met with a growl from the dark girl, his humour wasn’t appreciated here and she wanted him to know it. Sneaking up to their borders under the cover of night and calling for anyone but @Elettra or Angier was a slap in the face to the pack as a whole as far as she was concerned and nobody would be going anywhere without her mothers say so.

For once she was thankful for all the lessons she had been given in keeping her emotions masked, it was the only thing that saved her an embarrassing whine as the stranger addressed his brother. It didn’t stop the minute shift that bought her flank to press against his, the tension back in her shoulders and spine. She could only hope the darkness and everyone else’s focus on the River wolf before them kept the movement covered.

His final challenge made the hair down her spine stand on end and she dared to take a step forward. As her brother issued his own retort and the white woman fled, leaving Morganna to think even less of her than she had before, she found her own voice. “Don’t yer think issues of pack relations an’ loyalty should be taken up wi’ the leader here? Or would yer rather risk destroyin’ whatever there was before? There is no Grizzly Hollow, I’m pretty sure Mother would like ter know if tha’ has changed.” She could only hope it was enough to delay the departure of anyone before her mother arrived. If Renier left she was going too, but she wanted to clear it with her family first.

template base by GREY | image by KYDNT
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Unexpectedly, the light draw of steps brought Morganna to his side. Strangely, he found comfort that she stood beside him. He wasn't sure it would last. He wasn't sure what he was going to do, he was torn just like always.

Next a yearling came, but Renier hadn't known Rook was asking about him. As Titan's words tried to lighten the mood,  Renier did not for see it changing. No, his brother had picked a hell of a time. Didn't seem to take his hint, that Renier would have tried to help him, understand what he was doing if he had let him.

At last this Quil found them, and it became apparent the black, and earth toned girl was the one his brother sought. Perhaps what made the prince more edgy. It was only a mere guess, a stipulation. Yes, when she went to stand beside his brother, Ren knew he should be there. Something told him not today. Not now. This wasn't the way it should be.

Least his little brother stood a little taller, glaring now at the dark and silver yearling that stood across from him. Luckily, he did not provoke the willow boy...yet. He met the golden stare, but stated things Renier knew. Dad was sick, and in need. What made him cringe on the inside was the way he pointed his question. Wouldn't he promise to help, as this Quil had.

The rogue could see in pools of gold and blue he might just snap his young brother if he wanted to. Shove him to the edge. It took great efforts to keep his hairs from spiking a top his spine, the faint touch from Morganna not exactly helping him tame his own fire. There was great part of him wanted to chase him off the borders, and ask him what the hell he had been thinking. With age comes practice, and one can hope wisdom. Muscles tensed in his jaws, but in a single breath he unclenched his teeth.

"That is not news to me." There was much more he wanted to say, he did not. The low mutterings of Skoll were immediate to draw his attention, as the white yearling swiftly left his side.  Rook would make a bold decree that made Renier's heart sink and yet made him want to growl. He would not believe the same words coming from a wolf who had been lowly standing.  Are you suicidal? The black "time bomb" made a move closer, trying to cut Quil's path. Clearly the swarthy prince wanted a fight, or control or both? Morganna first seemed to reflect a similar sentiment. Voice fell upon them least she sounded rational, and Renier agreed. If Grizzly Hollow was to rise, this was not the way to do it. A team of yearlings building what was?

"She's right Rook. Elettra was a great part of Grizzly Hollow, and she should know. No one should leave like thieves in the night. That isn't a way to raise a kingdom." What he really wanted to ask was if their mother knew, he figured it was better to not.
(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2015, 05:13 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Allie who has 81 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Quil Attaya Lyall

let me remind you what you're waiting for

The seconds that followed her arrival on the scene unfolded in swift succession. She caught the look Rook had cast her, beckoning for her to join with him on the other side of what was an obviously drawn line; his decree; Skoll's inclination to what she thought to be a median between malice and contemplation, followed by a decree of his own; the input of the others...

But before she could but shift her weight to step in Rook's direction, Skoll was quick to cut her path short. Her eyes widened for a split second in surprise, looking to her companion hesitantly and then to the side of the Archer boy's face. In another circumstance, she most likely would have pressed her way past without a second thought, but with the boys seemingly poised to strike before her, she found it hard to make a move. In that instance, a number of things crossed her mind:

1. Rook had come to take her away.
2. She could not leave without Cinder.
3. Skoll wasn't going to give Rook anything he wanted or requested easily. Or at all.

If Skoll was going to put up a fight to keep her from leaving, she couldn't put together why. If he cared so much about keeping her to himself or at least from Rook, then where had he been these last few months? Why hadn't the silver-tongued prince sought her out, not one single time? She and Skoll had established long ago that she was not his to be had, to be toyed with or controlled, but that never meant that she didn't want anything to do with him. In fact, she'd never held the events of that autumn day against the prince and they could have forged a legitimate dynamic; but the fact was that they hadn't, and he'd never given her a reason to deal him her loyalty over Rook. But...this wasn't about loyalty or her and Skoll, it was about Skoll and Rook, wasn't it.

The white-furred girl obliged the prince's command, slipping away without a peep, and it wasn't until Morganna and Rook's brother spoke up that Quil realized that the world she and Rook lived in what was not the same as the others'. In the life that Quil lived, Grizzly Hollow was far from some ghostly ruin long abandoned, and it was not outlandish at all that Rook spoke of it, sought to resurrect it ─ for his family and her own. In fact, she had no doubt that, in that endeavor, he would succeed, no matter his age. Not only that, but she had vowed to play a part in bringing to life the pack that ─ past or future ─ was the only thing left both Lyall and Attaya in Relic Lore or elsewhere; the invisible line drawn between Rook and Skoll was only becoming more pronounced, and when Renier denied his brother, Quil knew at once that they were on their own. It was clear that her time in Willow Ridge was running out.

She didn't want to part with Elettra or the pack that had been good to her on bad terms, but her heart was in the right place ─ with Rook one way or the other.

Stepping defiantly around the leg that Skoll had positioned to keep her in place, she took to Rook's side before the situation could escalate further. Quil's eyes rested with resolution on his face and in the frozen, silver depths of his own. Don't even think about it. She would have Rook's back in the event of an altercation, but she didn't want it to come to that and, if there was any real nobility in the prince he would surely recognize that violence wasn't going to further even his own causes in the long run. Beside, if he was going to tear into Rook, he might has well plan to tear through her first. The theory behind the diplomatic-esque remarks of Morganna and Renier hung in the air, and the girl really had no words to offer with the ball in Rook's court and in anticipation of @Elettra's impending arrival.

(This post was last modified: Feb 11, 2015, 08:14 AM by Quil.)

Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan wised up as the others either ignored his attempts at calming the situation or shot back growls. Heaving a sigh and catching Rook's glance, Titan was lost in what he was supposed to do. He, much like Quil, was stuck between a rock and a hard place. The dark yearling had promised Rook that he would help him and Borden once his studies in Willow Ridge were over.

Shifting his weight uneasily, Titan went over everything in his head. He had learned a great deal from working beside Elettra, Morganna, and despite his disliking of Xetor, Titan had learned even more from the grouchy male who was now in the medical den healing from a broken leg. Having covered 95% of all healing topics meant that he could probably get away with backing Rook here and perhaps leaving the Ridge. However, There was still the issue of making sure that the treatment he had helped give to the second's wounds healed. If only to make sure that he had done it right.

His gaze slid over the white she wolf as she left the group. He felt sorry for her being bossed around like that. He really didn't think that she was in danger here even if Skoll seemed to think so.

Another thought popped into his head as he debated his options. What would my mother say? Titan figured that his mothers strange reverence towards Lady Elettra would probably have her extremely angry at him if he decided to up and leave. It was rare to see her angry, and he certainly didn't want to have his bitter mother angry at him. Besides, I have to make sure I know everything 100%. I won't be able to help Borden if I don't... He shifted again as Skoll stepped before him.

He had to wait, just a tiny bit longer to see his training through. That was best for the both of them.

With Skoll standing in front of him blocking his view from Morganna and Renier, Titan hazarded mouthing "I'm almost done..." to Rook and gave him a brief flick of his ear in apology. He hoped he would understand, though part of Titan was sure he would. Still though, Titan wanted to try further to keep things from going awry.

"I don't think your mother would like you doing her job Skoll. Even if you are doing a good job at it."  He added the last bit trying to appeal to Skoll before an idea struck him. Stiffening himself up to try and show no emotion but seriousness (much like he had seen Ash do), Titan lowered his head and tail below Skoll's and stepped up beside him. They would be a wall to Rook, keeping him from advancing further, but that wasn't the only reason he did this. For a few seconds Titan moved his jaws closer to Skoll's ear so that he would whisper into it.

"It would be low of yourself to waste your time on chasing him out. He doesn't deserve your time my lord. Order me to do it when your mother delivers her verdict.." He kept his stare on Rook now acting the part of the loyal guardian much like his uncle Guiness might have. He even let his teeth show to Rook while craning his head away from Skoll to show that he wasn't trying to offend him.

Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Truth to be told, Eletttra Archer had not a single clue of what was going on but it was enough of a commotion to rouse her from her normal trailing this early morning and into the direction of snarls and bickering. It was Skoll's echoing 'TRY ME' which brought her into a rush, coming upon the scene quickly enough to hear Renier's last comment about Grizzly Hollow and something about members running off like thieves in the night. As she crept forth, it was enough time to see Quil move into the direction of the stranger - Rook Lyall, standing off against her son. It was most unexpected, but with quick assumption the girl was allied to this stranger, willing enough to go against her back in whatever argument had risen here. It was, quick frankly, most unexpected, granted all three of the Attaya children (more so Rowan and Quil) had fit wonderfully within the pack lands to which Elettra had taken a further likely to the yearling trio beyond the alliance she had held with their father. So what had happened?

"I do hope none of you have any intention to betray me..." Her eyes flash across those gathered - Morganna and Renier, Skoll and Titan and lastly, falling hard upon Rook and Quil. "I'd hate for any of you to end up like the last wolf who had." She did not go into any detail. Those who knew what had happened to Shade Slayer would know what she meant, as well as those of Willow Ridge taking out enemy packs, including the diseased Aniwaya wolves. She had no intention of killing anyone really, but the warning was laced with a growl, insuring anyone who went against her would not leave unscathed. "Now... Her pale eyes lock upon Rook's own mismatched hues, that which reminded her so much of Jaysyek, amongst other qualities of his father and others of his name. Surely he had to be part of their family, yet whether it was part of the well-mannered, respectable side of the completely defiant fools had yet to be determined. "What is it you want, Lyall pup?"
Played by Rachel who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cinder Attaya
I was told I should hop in here..

There was a commotion along the borders – one the ex-princess would have happily ignored, had the shouting not stirred something within her – something primal.. and more importantly.. something fierce. The ivory boy that had pummeled her only weeks ago had left her in a shrouded darkness she could not truly get out of, and still limping from her injuries, the swarthy girl made her way to the gathering, impressed by the amount of Ridge wolves whose attention had been captured by whatever wayward visitor came to them now.It was Quil who truly drew her attention, and drawing up behind the Ridge wolves, her amber eyes studied her sister with an inquisitive concern that perhaps only her littermate would perceive -- why was her sister standing on the opposite edge of the pack, with a boy she did not know? More importantly, why was she not by Cinder’s side instead.

Her ears flickered forward at the regal’s words about treason, and a light frown fell upon her slender features. With as much grace as she could muster injured, the youngest Attaya child moved forward, her nose gingerly brushing her leader’s side with a hesitant comforting motion, her brows furrowing even more. Quil? Her bell-like voice echoed in the quiet air – her tone questioning. What was going on? Blinking, she gave a light shake of her muzzle to her littermate – hoping common sense would come back to her, and she would come stand by the pack that had taken them both in.

(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2015, 07:17 PM by Cinder.)
like a black widow, baby
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
aahh! you guys are so good. ilu all. <333

"TRY ME!!" the Archer had dared. If it hadn't been for Titan's interception and for Skoll's proximity to Quil, Rook possibly might have gone ahead and attacked the young royal out of pure hatred and the intolerance of a taunt. It was obvious to him that Skoll was attempting to lay claim on her and it rubbed the Lyall's fur the wrong way. She made her own move, though, and it was with relief that he watched her step around and away from him.

Rook stared long and hard at Renier, wounded by the lack of supportive words. His dual-colored irises, rendered colorless by the night, darted dangerously to the girl at his brother's side. What she had said merely added fuel to the flame ablaze in his throat. A growl rumbled from him but was cut short by the emergence of two other dark-coated women. One who could only go unmistaken as the Leader of Willow Ridge - Aunt Elettra - and a yearling who seemingly bore resemblances to both Skoll and Quil. The name that left her lips, however, struck him, but he was much too preoccupied with the matriarch and the presence she had made on the gathering.

Skoll seemed to have fallen silent, especially with Titan murmuring something into his pointy black ear, and the masked yearling couldn't help but scoff. "This is not about betrayal," he both clarified and revised, determined to hold his ground. He glared at Renier and his girlfriend, before looking back to the Queen of Willow Ridge, "I'm here for for help. On behalf of Whisper Caverns, I came for aid, assistance your members were willing to offer me..."

The stories and history, the accounts in which Elettra and Borden had had their differences and fallouts over leadership and what was best for Jaysyek and Grizzly Hollow, had never been placed to mind. What Rook had taken away from the history of their family's roots within Relic Lore was that Elettra was a valuable partner and his mother's dearest friend; and, what he had not expected was the hints of hostility at the mention of the ruins that radiated from the old bear den.

"I might smell of Cut Rock River now, but I still seek your help," he hastily added, suddenly all on edge when he remembered that Skoll was still there, poised in front of him and ready to attack. "I've always known you to be my mother's - Jaysyek's - greatest ally," these next words, however, were carefully spoken. "Do what you want to me - chase me off, condemn me, deny me Quil's companionship... - but please help my family, for my mother's sake... I believe you're the only one who can."

Everything this had amounted up to figuratively left Rook hanging by a thread; and, suddenly it wasn't just about "borrowing" Quil from Willow Ridge and outright "stealing" her away from Skoll's grasp or curing Borden's illness. In just a matter of minutes, it had all shifted into something Rook, unknowingly, had to bear on his own against the monarch - the still-standing feud between Elettra and Borden. He might have looked like his father by size and pelt coloring, but he was Jaysyek's son, too... wouldn't that alone have been enough to win her charity and the willingness to "loan out" her members to a friend in need? He still might have harbored the intentions to take Quil away from Willow Ridge, but if they could have only truly seen the way Skoll Archer had first dealt with such a situation, like this one, perhaps they would understand that his call had ultimately been what was best for Kade's daughter as well as the pack. Not only would she be well away from Skoll but there was the possibility of the reforging of a fellowship that has long since been nearly forgotten.

(This post was last modified: Feb 12, 2015, 08:33 PM by Skoll. Edit Reason: Rook is a dummy and didn't clarify things. )

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

Would he ever get his chance to have something unspoiled tonight? Not only was his taunt ignored, Quil simply just went ahead and dismissed him completely, striding around him as if he were a crack in the ice thought ought to be avoided at all cost. Additionally, Titan was already buzzing in his ear and, just as he snapped his off-white jowls in the direction of the Thorben's face, Mother Dearest arrived on the scene. The clearing grew silent as Elettra questioned the Lyall, herself, but even before Rook had the chance to open his mouth, the Archer boy gnashed his teeth.

"I might smell of Cut Rock River now, but I still seek your help," Rook had said. Skoll was not going to stand for any of this; he, too, loudly scoffed in retort, already exasperated. His tail waved dangerously over the small of his back and he subtly lowered his head. "Do what you want to me -" the masked lord continued. The Archer prince was already inching forward, centimeter by centimeter. "-but please help my family, for my mother's sake... I believe you're the only one who can."

Oh, boo-hoo, the voice in Skoll's aggravated mind sniveled in ridicule. Here, let me help you...

Much like a spring that had been wound up too tight or a rubber band that was threatening to snap, the young Archer leapt forth - jaws wide open, fore paws outstretched, tail in the air, ears pointed frontward. In charging past Quil, his teeth found purchase in the Lyall's ruff; the momentum, paired with his build and weight, was enough to bowl Rook over in the snow. It might not have been enough force to keep Rook down but standing over him with a good hold on the back of his neck, ought to have been good enough to wordlessly warn that he, and his pack, were not to be trifled with.

Tightening his grip so that his teeth was treacherously close to breaking the skin, he flashed his ghost gray eyes over to his mother. He could do it if she so wished it. All he had to do was move as quick as he could, to snake his way around the Lyall and find the vulnerable bit of flesh at the underside of his throat and that would be it. A growl reverberated in his chest. As far as Skoll was concerned, perhaps it would be better to get rid of Rook Lyall once and for all.

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away