(See All?) Announcements
686 Users Online
Google, Bing

Cliff Diving... — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

A smile touched the white females face despite the comment about Raigo before she shook her head. "I suppose it's a good thing. That he's well enough to wander about on his own and take care of himself...I've taught him about everything I could...But...I still miss that ornery pup." She trailed off, frowning softly before shaking her head and settling it onto her paws. She supposed that this was how mothers felt, when their pups grew up and left to travel about on their own..Though, Jaysyek might feel the same, Vlaridnara didn't want to bring up any possible fears the new mother might have. "Kauda wasn't a hindrance...It's good for her to learn how such things work in a pack.. Goodness knows it'll keep her from feeling awkward.. At least a little." Vlarindara still felt oddly awkward when the pack came together for meals or meetings. She knew she'd learn eventually. At the comment of the purple flowers, Vlarindara frowned, wondering if it had been the same glade she'd stumbled onto. "Purple things? Was this in the woods north of here?....Jaysyek? Have you seen this valley without the snow? I've...been curious about what it might look like.. "

user posted image
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

but if it's not real
you can't hold it in your hands,
can't feel it with your heart.

The tips of her ears dipped down, unmatched eyes waiting for sad reaction. However, Vlar seemed to be taking it well, or least logicly thinking about it while still missing the youth. Gray stroked head nodded in agreement lacking the proper words to say. She had spoke her regrets, and if Raigo didn't want to live here he shouldn't be made. They could hope he'd take care of himself, and return if he needed, wanted to. The female was still sad he had gone, but too figured it was part of growing up. The subject changed, and she smiled while her tail gave a quick wag. "Good to hear, I know she wants to be helpful. I'm really not sure what she knows of packlife. Sounds like she's been on her own for a time," she to frowned, her brows wrinkling her forehead. She was sad about the girl's family, and worried if she would see them again. It was out of Jayse's power, and all she could do was provide her a home, a new kind of family.

Eyes were on the falls for a second, wondering where the youth might be. She curved head round back to Vlar, thinking. "Um, I think it was. It was very pretty, and not that far from here." A half smile lingered on black lips, wondering why Vlarindara was frowning. If it was a bad place or something else. "You've seen it, then?" She asked, uncertainy in her pale features.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC:Sorry for not posting sooner! Lol

Vlarindaras muzzle curled into a smile when Jaysyek commenting about Kauda's not being sure what to do within a pack. The white female watned to say that she wasn't sure what to do within a pack either.. but.. did she really want to do that? To tell one of the alphas that she was weak to that degree? PErhaps..that wasn't the best of ideas. Instead, Vlarindara settled to be quiet, nodding to the comment about her being alone. "It seems alot of wolves are like that..perhaps they've got a secure home now.. one to be safe in.."

"Seen it? T he clearing? I'm not rightly sure..perhaps if it was int he thicket of secrets, we've been to the same place..though I've only seen it covered in ice and snow.. Nothing stuck out as..purple to me.. but..perhaps the things you saw were hidden beneath the snow. Perhaps we might go find it again when the weather warms? It seemed like it might be a beautiful place in bloom.. Might even find the tracks and pathways of the local deer and elk population.. perhaps as a pack.. we could travel to find something someday.. I think..it would be a victory for us..

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

but if it's not real

Jaysyek listened, agreeing with that fact that many a wolf had been on their own. She had, but not for all her life. She had grown up in a fairly, stable pack situation, and been in another. She didn't think at all how Vlar might not know the workings of it. If she did, she would tell her every pack worked differently any way. It seemed true, no wolf was the same why would they lead the same? "I suppose, everyone's been alone at one time or another, and I don't think there is one pack alike. I think she's just not had a permanant home, you know? But who has?" The question hung in the air for a moment, and she licked her lips from dryness.

"You mean Wildflower Glade? No, I actually been there once, this place wasn't much for flowers. It was surrounded by cedar trees too. I don't know, I just thought it was pretty.I might be able to find it again. But, yes I would much like to visit the Glade in the decent weather. I bet your right about the herds, a pack hunt would be nice." She smiled thoughtfully, recalling how she'd met Borden there.

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

A gentle nod accompanied the silent answer of the white female before she turned and began chewing once more on her haunches and hips. With spring and warmer weather just around the corner... her coat was also shedding.. which made for a rather annoying few weeks. And itchy. "Maybe once the pups are born...perhaps old enough to take a trip..some of us could take them there.. let them play." Vlarindara remembered playing there herself a bit when she found the place...tossing a stick for her own enjoyment. Of course, the trip could be rather dangerous for still yearling pups, and a frown furrowed in her brow. "It...would be too dangerous for them...without a proper group to watch them.. Perhaps that wouldn't be such a good idea.." The white second chuckled, using her teeth to pull some more loose fur out of her hind legs. She had mostly cleaned her front legs in the last few days.. and some of her haunches and was beginning to look a bit...lopsided.

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

but if it's not real

She pulled Vlar's words threw her head. She didn't see what would be dangerous about taking the children. She had not thought it was too far, and she asked herself if she was a bad mother for it. No doubt something she would be asking herself for the rest of her life. Once a mom always a mom. It were strong words echoed across her soul. Her choices would not just affect her, but everyone around her. Her life had never been this complicated and the weight was felt on her shoulders. She shook her head, meeting the striking pair of amber eyes. "I don't know I'm sure when they get so old, and with enough of us it'd be alright." She said trying to assure Vlar, and herself, hopefully not making the latter obvious. She could see Borden,herself, Vlar, and Aisling playing with them in the wildflowers. How couldn't they be safe. Unlike Vlar though her coat had shed out over time, and there weren't so many loose clumps. The swim had actually helped rid of some of the loose pieces, and rid the itchness it brought. She did pick a little at her chest where her coat was the thickest, but gave it up after a pulling a couple or so matts. Steady breath of air rolled in her cheeks, and she huffed it out standing up. "Did you meet any other pups but Raigo?" She asked curious if she might not be the only one who hadn't meant a newborn.

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2011, 03:57 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: -huggles Da Grey for helping to fix her table! :3-

"Oh..Enough of us, of course they'd be safe. I was referring to just the two of us...And since I doubt that Borden would miss coming along to play with his pups...we'd have more than enough." Vlarindara smiled, looking up at the alpha who was sprawled on the rock above her before returning to plucking bits and pieces of fur out of her hips. The question brought her head right back up, however, and she blinked before frowning. "A few...There were a pair in a clearing.. Makita was one of the yearlings..but there was a younger wolf there... I don't recall his name..I never got it. He...left when a bear attacked the yearling..and..then I attacked the bear." A look passed over the white females face..something indistinguishable.

"I honestly wasn't.. sure that she would survive the night after the attack... but she did.. I helped her get a bit better..but one morning she disappeared. I assume to take herself to the pack she was wanting to join.. Midnight Plateau. She said..something about Borden being the one to talk to her about it." Grizzly Hollow's second frowned, using her paws to scrape some loose fur from her face while she mulled over her thoughts. "Aside from the yearling and younger wolf...I ran into another one about his age.. a...Borlla...something or other.. But.. I suppose my travels haven't really endeared me to many of our kind.. a least..not while I was a loner. What about you?"

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2011, 05:31 AM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
Oh, now she got what she'd meant. She felt like a dork, and chuckled at her own confusement. "Ah, alright I see what you mean. I'm sorry I do that a lot, take things the wrong way." She did, and wasn't afraid to admit the fault. It happened frequently and if Vlar knew that, maybe Jayse wouldn't get mixed up again. Or Vlar wouldn't wonder what was wrong with her head, though she doubted Vlar thought such things. She was much too nice to think other wolves as loonies, right? The conversation took a new direction or more on what Vlar had done before she'd been apart of Grizzly Hollow. She surely had an interesting life, and maybe slight appeal to bears it sounded. Jaysyek frowned, deeply concerned, though she knew Vlar had made it here okay. The scars she had were old, not new and Borden would have known if she'd been hurt. Wouldn't he? "Wow, those damn things like you to much." She stated, a little awed as it was evident in tone and the hues of her eyes. She did not need to ask what became of Makita -if she lived any way.

Listening with full interest she gave Jayse a missing piece to a puzzle she would have yet to even try to solve. Makita was the yearling Borden would run into at the Mountain of Dire, the yearling that made him turn around and come home instead of seek the large white, ashe stroked male. Jayse did not know this yet, and continued to frown. "I imagine if she was strong enough to leave your side, she was strong enough to make it there." She stated, doubting her words would hold much comfort, but trying all the same. Face twitched, trying to draw out of sadness, when she spoke of other younger wolves. They didn't sound like baby pups like Jayse had wondered. Maybe Vlar like her hadn't met a newborn. "Sadly I hate to say I haven't met a baby pup, so I am a bit worried if I will even know what to do. I keep telling myself my instincts will save me." She smiled, but it was half heartedly.

Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

"Like me too much?" Vlarindara laughed, shaking her head thoughtfully before continuing."If I never see a bear again for the rest of my life it will be too soon." An exasperated huff escaped her muzzle as she dropped her head to her paws only to lift it back up again when Jaysyek commented on Makita having been strong enough to have made it. "I hope so....I worried about her, but I couldn't find where she went off to." Which was silly considering the girl was mostly dead. "Are you nervous?" The white female couldn't imagine what it'd be like to worry over unborn children, to worry if she would be a good mother to the pups... :She worried if she was doing right by Raigo, but wasn't sure if it really counted as the same thing that Jaysyek would be dealing with. "You've done more than fine for the rest of us...I don't..see why it would be any different for your pups.."

user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
She wasn't surprised by Vlar's answer. And she hoped for more than one reason Vlar never did see another bear. Jaysyek had never fought a bear herself, she'd run into one, but luckily was able to sneak away. Fighting one would last anyone a lifetime, who ever thought they'd deal with two? Especially when the encounters weren't very far apart, in the middle of winter. The pale wolf was worried, what the warmer season would bring. Would the bear that had slept in it's den return? Would they see more of them in the forest? She definately would have to keep mind they could be there, warn her children, and make a proper exit for the den.

She frowned, knowing it must have bothered Vlar not to see the girl to safety. But , it had already happened. Neither of them could change that, they could only assume, hope she made it to the mountain. She wondered how Alexander would deal with a wolf arriving to meet Borden, and finding him gone. There was a frown on her face, still unsettled by all of it. The question she carefuly bent her ear in Vlar's direction more so. She was nervous. It wasn't something she wanted to screw up, and the process itself. Well there was only one way for them to get here. "I am, I've been told a bit how it works. But there is so much I don't know, I just want to do good." She faintly smiled, looking directly at Vlar. She was sure the white lady knew what it was like to worry over another, and the decisions she made. Smile was more definate at her nice comment. "Thank you, that means a lot to hear," and she swallowed briefly shifting her eyes to the pooling water.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2011, 02:49 AM by Jaysyek.)