(See All?) Announcements
584 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aven

A Morning Visitor
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Clearly, he'd offended her in some manner. Gent had expected another one of her chuckling remarks, but instead she furrowed her brow at him. He returned the look with one of pure curiosity and a slight tilt of his head, but of course her quick words were swift to shine light on the situation. His features melted back into a mask of indiscernible thought. No, he did not agree with her at all. Well, perhaps a few words, but ultimately her statement went against his most core reasoning. She was equally as fast to dismiss what she had just said, attempting to once more lighten the air around them with a common question.

He wasn't near as finished with the topic of power as she seemed to be, however.

"Order is what keeps us alive," he countered, not with anger but a determined edge to his voice. He did not wish to argue with her, but the topic was of extreme importance to him and he wanted to relay that, along with his point if he could. The man supposed it was time to find out just how stubborn his company was.

"An alpha who 'crushes' his foundation is a fool and will find himself right back in the dirt once all the crumbs have scattered. I'm not looking to get high off a title. I know what my worth is, I know where I should be. There are no illusions of grandeur, it is all very realistic. And I know that to get there, and to stay there, requires hard work and loyalty earned, not forced."

Perhaps... she had alpha like his father had been. Or perhaps she was just naturally cynical. But Gent held firm in his goal, and didn't much like her warnings to not be swept away. As if he was so weak.

"And... I'm not sure where I'm headed at the moment, I'm trying to follow what seems to be a ghost... you wouldn't have known the Hollow Heart Keep pack, would you?" A concedence of information, if she was to be docile about his short little speech.
Played by Poppin' who has 176 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
Okay I'm really tired and I'm most likely going to regret this post in the morning- sorry for its massive part in shitty-ness XD

He put the sharp end of a blade to her argument, countering with "what keeps us alive". A little blaze of defiance set off in her core, wanting to rebels against his words. If her statement had no consequence, she would have answered with; "No, my boy, killing, eating, sleeping- keeps us alive. Not a crackhead system build up on tiers." But no, she didn't want to get into depth with him about it, at least not now. Hecate pretended to be taking the conversation as a simple matter, turning her head and not looking directly at him- but she was listening ever so intently.

After a short pause of him making his mark, she smiled. "Well then, I'm sure you would make a magnificent king.." She mused, taking another lingering look. She didn't expect him to answer back, but it would be amusing to see his response. Another few seconds passed until he spoke again. He answered her question with a kinder note, being a little more open. He asked where "Hollow Heart Keep" resided, as if she knew the area better than him. Hecate turned her cranium up with a jolt and sent a abrupt laugh into the air. "No fuckin' clue love. Try one of these other folks on the run- they'll know where they're headin'" In all honesty, she was far past the point of lost. It had been a while since she actually saw someone. "I assume you're gunna be king there then?" It was a fair question, he seemed to have his mind on power- which was something she didn't neglect. After joining her own pack, she mind take a stroll down to that, Keep Hollow Heart or whatever he said.

the armed queen
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
OOC: nonsense, it was perfectly good!

A magnificent king. She didn't know the half of it, that was clear to tell. No one who crossed his path had yet to recognize the heights of his ambitions, though perhaps that was all for the better. Thus far, no one had attempted to step in his way; a decision that would be swiftly regretted by the opposing party. Gent was a force that could not be stopped, no matter what was thought by others of his thirst for power and his methods in getting what he wanted. In the end, he open all of their eyes; in time, he would prove Hecate's observation correct, whether she meant it to hold veracity or not.

As for the other half of their conversation, there was no hope for her lack of information to deflate, as Gent was very much used to hearing the same answer in so many different words. Naira had strove to keep Hollow Heart Keep a well-kept secret, and thus he should only expect that any rogue wolves would not know of their existence. Still, the chance was there, that they had heard something from someone else, and so he would forever be asking until he at last got his answer. The pack had been too big a part of his life for him to not desire an explanation for their vanishing.

"I was," he responded in a barely audible murmur, pausing for a brief moment to reflect on how eager he had been to view Mapplethorpe as a villain, how ambitious he had been in wanting to uproot the aged alpha. What-ifs, however, did not enter his mind. No matter what had happened to remove the pack, Hollow Heart Keep was dead, and thus had been rendered useless to Gent, each and every possibility having withered away.

The gravity of topic choices was becoming stale, and thus the man directed the conversation onto a more light-hearted tune, resorting to small talk. They carried on like that for a short while, before parting ways. Despite their disagreements, something within Gent told him that the woman would be worth checking up on later down the road...