659 Users Online
Google, Bing, Ryder, Chan

weightless — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

A familiar nickname accompanied an assurance that Karpos was not unreliable as far as his instincts came, but he was not entirely sure it was always the case. Lachesis felt uneasy about the self-sung dragon, and that made Karpos a bit more assured about what he was doing and how it was going on. Karpos was then told something he had not expected from the uncle: he was very much his father’s son and he was meant to lead. Karpos didn’t talk much about his father anymore, and he wasn’t all too sure why he didn’t – he just never brought him up. Karpos let out a small chuckle as Lachesis stated he’d kick his ass. “In your dreams, uncle.” He teased back lightly.

It was time for the confession. “I was working on it, finding support for a pack and a location. I started back right after my first birthday, right before I fought Silver, back when I met Jynx. She was gonna lead beside me but then she started to shut me out and I have no idea why… and now she’s gone and I’m back to nothing.” His confession placed a frown on his maw, hurting to admit that once again, his love life sucked. Jynx had left, Aponi turned out to be a bitch, and no one else had really caught his eye – maybe Nova but he hadn’t seen her in who knows how long and he still only thought of her as a friend, maybe a sister.

Lachesis defended saying he couldn’t judge too harshly when it came to the dragon because he had never met him, but he did speak his concerns which Karp would save so he could report back to Maksim about what the healer thought. Lach suggested that he be the one to meet with both his aunt and the princess because of his age being closer to that of the girl’s. Karp gave a soft smile and nodded. He was going to dig up information and report back to his leader, because that was the job he was assigned. He saw it as guarding the pack from a possible snake, or dragon in this case, in the ranks. "I'll get to the bottom of all of this, I promise." He assured his uncle with a small smile.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The thought of his muddy-eyed nephew leaving to forge his own path both upset and excited alabaster healer. He knew that because of who his father had been, it was bound to happen. What upset XIX the most was that it was happening sooner than later… Nineteen kept forgetting that his nephew was no longer a little smudge following his uncle around. While Karpos respected both his uncle and Maksim, he was not meant to follow direction; he was to give it. As much as he wanted his nephew to remain close, Lachesis respected his wishes to leave, and would support him until the end. “If you need help, let me know. Hearthwood may be my home, but it does not mean I don’t support you finding your own.” While they were new to the area, Lachesis’ knowledge about the neighbouring territories continued to increase as he sought after inventory. Naia was an expert in gathering information about the lands and its inhabitants, whereas Lachesis was an expert in the land itself. His search for plants took him to almost every corner of the Lore; if Karpos was still scouting for a location, Nineteen’s expertise would come in handy.

“Continue looking; for both a home and followers. You have the charisma, you just need the wolves,” he added with a lop-sided grin before the air grew serious once more. It was evident that before Karpos could even think about following his father’s pawsteps, they needed to deal with the reptilian presence in the pack. As much as he wanted to avoid the one-eyed dragon, XIX knew that their meeting was inevitable. The healer would not be able to give a valuable opinion if he did not meet the predator himself. The thought caused the previous smirk to be replaced by a dark grimace, his brows narrowing in irritation.

I’ll try to keep the children away from him; they don’t need to be in the presence of a dragon,” he added after the boy’s promised, his tail flicking in irritation. It bothered the healer immensely that Kjors had taken such a liking to the Baranski children… perhaps he was trying to use them as leverage against their father? Whatever the case, it made him uncomfortable and he would not allow it to continue. “Be discrete – he already tried challenging you once, we don’t want another altercation.” Although not a fighter, Lachesis would do whatever it took to defend his rank. He had earned the position through his loyalty and dedication; he would not allow some lizard to come in and attempt to steal it from him.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
@Lachesis - This is Karp's leave - If you want this can fade out the thread, or it could have one more from you? Just let me know ^^

The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger

His uncle always had his back, and this was something he truly admired about the man because he was close. He was closer to his uncle than any other family member dead or alive. This included his parents and his sister, whom had disappeared from his sites once more. He would nod a small smile on his face as he dipped his head, staring at his paws for a second. “Thank you, uncle, your support means a lot to me. It always has.” He admitted as he moved his gaze back to the man who had essentially raised him, despite the falling out that had occurred when he took residence in the Keep. His uncle had effectively saved him, nurtured him, raised him, alongside his mama Ana.

Something that Karpos had noticed was while Lachesis was an uncle; he took up the role of father since his dad died. He remembered the shy uncle he used to talk to every day, but they were both so busy that they didn’t talk as much. It was alright though, because the bond was established and showed no signs of breaking, meaning it was alright that they didn’t speak as often as they had in the past. They were there when the other needed them.

His uncle continued to dole out words of wisdom, saying he only needed the wolves and that he had the ability to be a leader if he truly looked. He then said that he would try and keep the princes and princesses away from him but then warned him to be discreet, because another altercation might not work well for them. “Of course, uncle.” He said as he dipped his head. “I’ll go find Aunt Naia since I thought I scented her earlier – she’s a hard one to track down sometimes because of the nature of her job.” He said, words light in the air as his tail carried a slight wag. “I’ll find you in a bit, uncle, let you know how everything’s going.” He promised before he started to speed off.